Counting to 10 in GAS mirror matches

Not gonna provide footage, tested it like 5-10 times, and super consistent.

A) MY gas attacks twice, eliminates enemy GAS' protection. Double counterattack, my GAS loses protection as well. Both of them enter cover at the same time, animation happening in perfect synchronization.

Enemy GAS stands up before mine, takes a full turn.

B ) Enemy GAS attacks mine, deletes protection, double counterattack. Both of them enter cover at the same time, animation happening in perfect synchronization.

Enemy GAS stands up before mine, takes a full turn.

C) Enemy GAS sends mine into cover. In the very next turn one of my clones eliminates the remaining protection of enemy GAS: GAS enters cover.

Both GAS advance at the same time, animation happening in perfect synchronization.

Turn order seems to be random.

So my question is: counting to 10 in GAS mirrors is definitely way too hard. Am i doing this wrong, or the coding?

Replies

• I can’t seem visualize this without a video, to be honest.
  • A'ight will try to do some recording. Isnt really difficult tho
  • https://youtu.be/SCNVDl7K804

There ya go. I couldnt replicate exactly what i posted originally but this is very similar: By my counts Allied GAS spent one more turn in cover then enemy GAS. I am open for possible explanations.

Turn order (O: Opponent; A: Allied)
    1. O-GAS A-GAS entering cover
    2. O-Fives
    3. A-Echo O-GAS entering cover
    4. A-Fives
    5. A-ARC trooper
    6. A-Rex
    7. O-Rex
    8. A-Fives
    9. O-Fives
    10. A-ARC trooper
    11. A-Fives
    12. O-ARC trooper A-GAS Advances
    13. A-GAS O-GAS Advances
  • This must be a mod issue. Opponent GAS is faster than you?
  • You mean if he is faster then he gains 100% protection faster than i do? while we both gain 10% at the end of every turn? How would that make sense?

O-gas is roughly 35 speed slower then A-GAS FYI
  • I believe GAS’s turns might be coded as 2 turns in 1, meaning that the opponent’s GAS would’ve gained 2 rounds of protection when your GAS took his turn. That would make up for the seemingly short time.

The only example I can cite is if 3po is on a GAS team, and GAS uses Force Grip, he’ll immediately use Sundering Strike and gain 2 stacks of Translation instead of just 1. So it would seem that GAS’s turns are maybe coded as 2 turns instead of just 1.
  • That still does not explain the three other cases i explained in the starting comment
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    A and B are explained by rng. They both reached full prot at the same moment, so it’s a coin flip as to who goes first. Whoever goes first gets a full turn.

It really doesn’t matter as an Gas offensive mirror match is 99.9999% winnable. Really splitting hairs for no reason.
  • If both characters are able to get up at the same time as showcased in C) then it is only logical that they should get up at the same time if they entered cover at the same time as showcased in A and B.
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    If both characters are able to get up at the same time as showcased in C) then it is only logical that they should get up at the same time if they entered cover at the same time as showcased in A and B.

What about if one Rex used Form Up and the other didn’t?
  • Yeah, i am listening. What could it possibly cause? Not the case, but theoretically i am interested in your point
    Yeah, i am listening. What could it possibly cause? Not the case, but theoretically i am interested in your point

ne1ixpu745x7.jpeg

TM gain.
  • In your video example, it looks to me like you're losing a coin-flip to the opposing ARC trooper.

When your Arc goes, the opposing Arc looks like he's at 100% TM, and he's losing a coin flip to your arc trooper. The counter from the other team gives your 5s enough TM to get to 100%, and he goes. That's 10, so your GAS has 100% TM. But so does the opposing Arc, who is sick of having 100% TM and not getting to go. So he takes his turn, because coin-flip.

Your GAS does not advance until the beginning of his turn, which does not start until after poor opposing Arc finishes his well-earned turn. This doesn't match with the leader ability which says he should advance if he has 100% pro at the end of any turn (including the end of your 5s turn which happened before the opponent's arc's turn). But it looks to me like it's coded to advance at the beginning of the GAS turn rather than the end of any turn.
    Yeah, i am listening. What could it possibly cause? Not the case, but theoretically i am interested in your point

ne1ixpu745x7.jpeg

TM gain.

Gas cannot gain tm in cover, and advances if has 100% protection. Has nothing to do with this ability
  • wookietown wrote: »
    In your video example, it looks to me like you're losing a coin-flip to the opposing ARC trooper.

When your Arc goes, the opposing Arc looks like he's at 100% TM, and he's losing a coin flip to your arc trooper. The counter from the other team gives your 5s enough TM to get to 100%, and he goes. That's 10, so your GAS has 100% TM. But so does the opposing Arc, who is sick of having 100% TM and not getting to go. So he takes his turn, because coin-flip.

Your GAS does not advance until the beginning of his turn, which does not start until after poor opposing Arc finishes his well-earned turn. This doesn't match with the leader ability which says he should advance if he has 100% pro at the end of any turn (including the end of your 5s turn which happened before the opponent's arc's turn). But it looks to me like it's coded to advance at the beginning of the GAS turn rather than the end of any turn.

Thank you for your input, for me this is the first guess that makes some good sense, only it explicitly conradicts the leader ability. But this could happen, nevertheless
    SerWulfgar wrote: »

ne1ixpu745x7.jpeg

TM gain.

Gas cannot gain tm in cover, and advances if has 100% protection. Has nothing to do with this ability

Can you show me where it says he can’t gain TM in cover?

ne1ixpu745x7.jpeg

TM gain.

Can you show me where it says he can’t gain TM in cover?

He can gain TM, but it's not relevant. He doesn't advance until he has 100% prot, which, by necessity, will always be when he has 100% TM.
    wookietown wrote: »
    In your video example, it looks to me like you're losing a coin-flip to the opposing ARC trooper.

Thank you for your input, for me this is the first guess that makes some good sense, only it explicitly conradicts the leader ability. But this could happen, nevertheless

I've never seen him advance at the end of a turn. I've only seen him advance at the start of a turn. Either he advances and takes a turn, or he advances and the other GAS, who advanced at the same time, takes a turn, and then he takes a turn. I could be wrong. I don't recall GAS advancing, and then waiting for another character to take a turn. Thus my statement that "it looks to me like it's coded to advance at the beginning of the GAS turn rather than the end of any turn."

It's probably an error in how they wrote the wording of the ability. "The code is correct," says any developer worth his salt. "The documentation is incorrect, not my code!" And honestly I'm fine with it if that's the case. Especially because, as an earlier commenter said, GAS mirrors are 99% wins, only losses if you mess up and let the opponent's 5s sacrifice (and even then it's no worse than 50/50).
  • Also we'll find out pretty soon, as the new TM changes should make the order of operations much more concrete, and possible to accurately calculate.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member

I've never seen him advance at the end of a turn. I've only seen him advance at the start of a turn. Either he advances and takes a turn, or he advances and the other GAS, who advanced at the same time, takes a turn, and then he takes a turn. I could be wrong. I don't recall GAS advancing, and then waiting for another character to take a turn. Thus my statement that "it looks to me like it's coded to advance at the beginning of the GAS turn rather than the end of any turn."

It's probably an error in how they wrote the wording of the ability. "The code is correct," says any developer worth his salt. "The documentation is incorrect, not my code!" And honestly I'm fine with it if that's the case. Especially because, as an earlier commenter said, GAS mirrors are 99% wins, only losses if you mess up and let the opponent's 5s sacrifice (and even then it's no worse than 50/50).

I’ve seen it happen quite often. Gas will advance and several other toons will take turns before he gets to go. Happens all the time.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »

I’ve seen it happen quite often. Gas will advance and several other toons will take turns before he gets to go. Happens all the time.

Awww, actually i can second that, now that you mention it. Otherwise it would have been a plausible theory
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

Awww, actually i can second that, now that you mention it. Otherwise it would have been a plausible theory

Yeah, happens to me quite often also...
This discussion has been closed.