Lets talk about Arena for a bit.

5 V 5, 5 attempts, with 50 crystal refresh, all good.

The overview of it could use an upgrade, I am sure others will agree.
Being able to just select from the list would make the thing more enjoyable for sure, with a jump limit to how far you can go up the list to select an opponent, as much as it is now. but I am tired of just clicking refresh only to see the same 3 team over and over again. (this has been brought up before and apologise if it is being dealt with currently by devs.)

And their is 3 v 3 also, being apparent in grand arena, would be nice to have shards for 3 v 3 also, along side of Arena, or even an entire section of the game dedicated to it, with holotables , including a mini version of Galactic war or something entirely different. 3V3 is in the game now, give players a chance to experience it outside of PVP comp so they can acquire experience and be better prepped for grand arena 3v3 , would be nice. Dreams are free. Have your say now!

Replies

• They should at least make sure that when you refresh it changes the two squads on the left.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The thing with listing like in the rank screen is players are moving around, the attack screen refresh button is an active ping of the servers to update your data.

If there was a change to a list, it would likely lead to selection of invalid targets more often and more server traffic. Both of which would make it an unfavorable change.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    The thing with listing like in the rank screen is players are moving around, the attack screen refresh button is an active ping of the servers to update your data.

If there was a change to a list, it would likely lead to selection of invalid targets more often and more server traffic. Both of which would make it an unfavorable change.

So pressing 'Refresh' 10 times in a row isn't generating server traffic? And when i open the Arena table (which is a ping to the server) i'm looking for my highest possible jump and maybe one or two alternatives. After that i select my enemy and start the fight. This only takes a few seconds and it is highly unlikely that they will move around all over the board meanwhile.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kisakee wrote: »

So pressing 'Refresh' 10 times in a row isn't generating server traffic? And when i open the Arena table (which is a ping to the server) i'm looking for my highest possible jump and maybe one or two alternatives. After that i select my enemy and start the fight. This only takes a few seconds and it is highly unlikely that they will move around all over the board meanwhile.

Less players are pushing that button at the same time than the count of everyone on that screen (which would have to auto refresh when a player is there), so yes it is traffic but it's less and its intermittent not a constant base value that would be present with an auto refresh.

I dont know about you, but I have certainly entered that screen then put my phone down or exited a match and left it on that screen. I have also waited for my CD timer to count down that last minute. All of which increase traffic more than it is now, then multiply that by X number of players.

While there are peaks in the traffic due to refreshes the base they see is lower than it would be if there was an auto refresh.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Less players are pushing that button at the same time than the count of everyone on that screen (which would have to auto refresh when a player is there), so yes it is traffic but it's less and its intermittent not a constant base value that would be present with an auto refresh.

I dont know about you, but I have certainly entered that screen then put my phone down or exited a match and left it on that screen. I have also waited for my CD timer to count down that last minute. All of which increase traffic more than it is now, then multiply that by X number of players.

While there are peaks in the traffic due to refreshes the base they see is lower than it would be if there was an auto refresh.

But if you put your phone down or wait until the timer counts down, you are still equally at risk of seeing outdated data. It’s certainly happened before that I did that and tried to enter a battle, only to get a warning that my rank/opponents rank has changed.

Wouldn’t a ping when you first enter the rank screen along with a “refresh” button result in the same server traffic but also give us the functionality of choosing from the full list rather than the “2 random + 1 highest” option we have now?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kello_511 wrote: »

But if you put your phone down or wait until the timer counts down, you are still equally at risk of seeing outdated data. It’s certainly happened before that I did that and tried to enter a battle, only to get a warning that my rank/opponents rank has changed.

Wouldn’t a ping when you first enter the rank screen along with a “refresh” button result in the same server traffic but also give us the functionality of choosing from the full list rather than the “2 random + 1 highest” option we have now?

absolutely, but you only see 3 of the potential X number of targets. a larger list would increase the likelihood of trying to attack someone who moved. its minor for the top end, but as you move out of the top this increases a lot.

sure but, going to listing mechanic creates more issues as you get out to the 50s or 100s, as now you have a lot of targets to scroll through, and more potential for a move as stated above.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I would rather 6/6 with the ability to have 2 leader abilities at once. Like we can on the holotables
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I remember when they changed it from all three spots rotating, to the current system where the right spot is always your max jump.

And people complained about it.

I can't even remember why now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I remember when they changed it from all three spots rotating, to the current system where the right spot is always your max jump.

Because the max jump would never show up. Good example 25 trying to get 18 to show up. I would hit the refresh button over and over. And if your reaction wasn't on point, you would be refreshing 100 times and then accidentally hit refresh again and miss the opportunity. Added a level of frustration for sure and appreciate the quality of life change they implemented.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Because the max jump would never show up. Good example 25 trying to get 18 to show up. I would hit the refresh button over and over. And if your reaction wasn't on point, you would be refreshing 100 times and then accidentally hit refresh again and miss the opportunity. Added a level of frustration for sure and appreciate the quality of life change they implemented.

Yes I know. I'm saying i can't remember why people complained when they changed it to the current system.
  • There's is a refresh button?!! You mean I don't have to go out and come back in?!!
  • A 3v3 arena would be terrible.... it would be 100% GL + 2 for anyone with a worthwhile account and that wouldn’t be fun in any way shape or form
  • The Devs don't want to touch squad arena. I actually think they have stated this. They wanted other options for players to get crystals and other currencies so they came up with other options like fleet arena and GAC. They are hard on "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    My biggest complaint is that squad and fleet arenas are on different hours. I wish they could make it the same payout time.

Honestly, I think this is a world's first here. I dont think I have ever heard this request before.

Not sure why not, but for anyone who has had to deal with a sniper or old level of competition we used to see or the traffic jams (from before people could move POs)....
    km2sj0kiflmo.png

(its a joke, i know they said it as an option and not a requirement)
    edit to add:

being able to move them independently of each other and the free energies/reset (which i get they would need to stay on their own system) would be great.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    My biggest complaint is that squad and fleet arenas are on different hours. I wish they could make it the same payout time.

No thank you.
  • For both arenas, if there is any way to indicate whether an opponent is in a battle right then or someone is battling you, that would be a nice improvement. It is painful to pick out an opponent and then find out someone else is attacking them or is attacking you.
  • TVF wrote: »

No thank you.

+1 on this.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • My biggest complaint is that squad and fleet arenas are on different hours. I wish they could make it the same payout time.

I like this. You wouldn't have to put down and pick up your phone so much as you're waiting for the timer. Do one arena battle, than the other and the first is almost ready again. Also, getting them both done in one hour would be great and easier to choose the perfect time to set them.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Not everyone has time to battle continuously for that long.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Another idea is to be able to move the payouts to half past the hour. Which could free us from some of this shard mafia stuff.
    My original suggestion wasnt that everyone has to switch payouts to the same hour. Just me! Does it take that much code for one exception?

Yes, doing anything "one off" usually takes a lot more effort, than a universal system for all.

Opening up the :30 doubles the amount of POs, which is not likely to happen, it also makes it harder for them to drop updates at "convenient times".
  • Kyno wrote: »

Honestly, I think this is a world's first here. I dont think I have ever heard this request before.

Not sure why not, but for anyone who has had to deal with a sniper or old level of competition we used to see or the traffic jams (from before people could move POs)....
    km2sj0kiflmo.png

(its a joke, i know they said it as an option and not a requirement)
    edit to add:

being able to move them independently of each other and the free energies/reset (which i get they would need to stay on their own system) would be great.

Is another worlds first thread going to be made?