Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    People can also buy stuff when they see value in the purchase, it doesn't have to all be people who are ignorant or addicted.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lol love how my thread about a totally new cheater pandering issue gets merged with the Ahnald fiasco from last month.
    Censorship at its finest holotable heroes.
  • “We won’t publicly discuss individual cases”.

If they ever do answer, this is what they’ll say.

They won’t even do that because it’s admission/acknowledgment to them being insanely arbitrary with their rules.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Lol love how my thread about a totally new cheater pandering issue gets merged with the Ahnald fiasco from last month.

I apparently can't post in this thread anymore without moderator approval.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    They won't answer anything because they don't need to.
    People still buy their stuff (whether it's new spenders that don't know about their shadiness yet or old players that are addicted to spending and keep spending no matter what).
    Game's still making in the double-digit millions each month, everything's fine for CG.
    And this will keep on going unless people would stop spending and there would be a significant drop in the revenue that would cause some phone calls for CG from the higher-ups at EA.

Won’t happen. People are blinded and won’t do anything unless it affects them personally. Integrity of the game be darned.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    People still buy their stuff (whether it's new spenders that don't know about their shadiness yet or old players that are addicted to spending and keep spending no matter what).
    Game's still making in the double-digit millions each month, everything's fine for CG.
    And this will keep on going unless people would stop spending and there would be a significant drop in the revenue that would cause some phone calls for CG from the higher-ups at EA.

Won’t happen. People are blinded and won’t do anything unless it affects them personally. Integrity of the game be darned.

Does a game with P2W mechanics really have integrity? You can literally buy an advantage over your competition.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Lol love how my thread about a totally new cheater pandering issue gets merged with the Ahnald fiasco from last month.

How is merging a post into one of the most popular threads (both by views and replies) censorship?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    “We won’t publicly discuss individual cases”.

If they ever do answer, this is what they’ll say.

Yep... and i want them to discuss cheating overall and commit to not doing what they are currenrly doing.

I dont need to know why X whale was given 2nd and 3rd chances... i need to know that stops and what they will do to prove it.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

How is merging a post into one of the most popular threads (both by views and replies) censorship?

Its be nice if they renamed it to match the conversation within
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Its be nice if they renamed it to match the conversation within

They are trying to use anhalds popularity to hide what people are really discussing here. Someone comes to this site and sees this thread with 1000s of posts and just thinks it all people talking about anhald. They would have no idea that cg has been caught red handed multiple times negotiating with cheaters.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Reasonably sure that Kyno did the merge (he does most of the work here AFAIK) and I'm also reasonably sure that it wasn't by direction of CG or EA, who I'm also reasonably sure are 100% ignoring this thread and related threads.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

Does a game with P2W mechanics really have integrity? You can literally buy an advantage over your competition.

There’s a difference between buying gear or shards to get a temporary advantage over someone. It’s another to blatantly hack into the game To cheat and affect the outcome of battles
  • TVF wrote: »
    Reasonably sure that Kyno did the merge (he does most of the work here AFAIK) and I'm also reasonably sure that it wasn't by direction of CG or EA, who I'm also reasonably sure are 100% ignoring this thread and related threads.

Which is why I created a new thread about a new issue with their handling of cheaters. If Kyno did merge it then he was wrong to do so. If CG is ignoring this thread then new ones need to be made calling out their handling of cheaters. To give whales more leniency and freedom to cheat when they already have a monetary advantage over P2P is disgusting.
    The forum should be flooded with these posts but CG can’t have that because there would be too much pressure to have to respond then. Merging posts like the one I made into a thread titled “Ahnald’s Account”, keeps renewed attention From their unethical practices with cheaters.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

In all seriousness, kyno deserves a medal for what he does.

That said name change please
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

In all seriousness, kyno deserves a medal for what he does.

That said name change please

Might I suggest: official thread of CG's negotiating with cheaters. Something in line with what is actually being discussed in the thread.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Hacking the game is now forgivable based on empirical evidence... Sad

It appears to be directly linked to the size of the wallet or the spending history

It's pretty sad that people who spend that much money still need to cheat to win. They must be incredibly stupid to not be able to win with maxed out characters.

It also sucks when you are one of those big spenders and handle your stuff cleanly, as intended, and others around you are cheating and are basically slapped on the wrist for it.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ljcool110 wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »

It appears to be directly linked to the size of the wallet or the spending history

It's pretty sad that people who spend that much money still need to cheat to win. They must be incredibly stupid to not be able to win with maxed out characters.

It also sucks when you are one of those big spenders and handle your stuff cleanly, as intended, and others around you are cheating and are basically slapped on the wrist for it.

Which is why i stopped spending
  • wow people are still crying lol cg had a good year so im guessing they could care less what any of you think
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    wow people are still crying lol cg had a good year so im guessing they could care less what any of you think

Whos crying?

Asking for comment on something that undermines the customer experience is not crying, its called being a consumer
  • Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »

I think you'll find its more to guarantee the win as many are supposedly in top end guilds facing other maxed out rosters.

So people spend thousands of dollars for the privilege of facing other people who also spent thousands of dollars, and then are forced to cheat because they can't continue outspending one another?

This problem solves itself.

Kind of silly isn't it

If spending a lot of money means that you can cheat without being permanently banned, why not just make it a feature? The more you spend, the more you can cheat. It would be a lot more honest - like for every $1000 your guild spends you get a 1% increase in stats for the next 2 TWs.

Eventually the game would self-sort into people with impulse control and those without and we could all go back to discussing lack of new content and bugginess.

• Legend91 wrote: »

This is correct.

It's worth considering what "cheating" means in a P2W game. There is already an in-game mechanism that allows you to gain an advantage over your opponents that is objectively "unfair"; it's called spending money.

The fact that there are some very high spenders that are either too inept or too lazy to win with this advantage doesn't really change the calculus here. The guy in the video *should* be able to win with the characters he has, however rather than take 5 minutes to learn the in-game battle mechanics he used an APK hack instead.

As someone who spends very little money, I don't care if this guy is banned or not because he's already spent tons of money to have an advantage over me. I'd be more angry if they gave second and third chances to cheaters who didn't spend any money at all, because those are my in-game peers who I face in GAC and TW and they would be getting an advantage for free.

If whales wanna cheat to beat other whales and then buy their way out of CG jail, that's just another P2W strategy in my book.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member

Hmmm is there evidence of cheater while spending? Just asking an honest question here and not spoiling for a fight.

Cause if I am a cheater, why spend when I can get ahead by cheating? These 2 just does not make sense...

Because if they are cheating and spending a lot... Then they are whales cheating... While still to a certain extend does not make sense...
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Sure there is. Cubsfan did a whale guild chat where one guild openly talked about some members getting slap on the wrist punishment for cheating the system to buy crystals cheap.

Some Whales cheat. Thats a fact. Is it dumb, yes.... but it happens
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Sadly, with the evidence put forward... either CG lied and doesnt have 0 tollerance for cheaters or....

CG does but under certain conditions they will look the other way.

Seems like the second, and it appears money is the condition. Id like to be wrong but the silence is telling
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Its time to openly address this @CG_SBCrumb
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I feel like we got a "Here are some challenges to keep your mind on us not making sure you arent being cheated."
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Yea sure. They keep developing the game so the few nobodies on the forum loses focus.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Yea sure. They keep developing the game so the few nobodies on the forum loses focus.

Guess the words "I feel" mean something different to you. I never said thts exactly what they did.

To think they wont continue forward would be stupid.

But i still feel they are ignoring something major that they should be commenting on and recommiting to for the community to trust them again
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I mean, I could say I feel like the sky is purple if you want to defend feels that way.