F2P GL Progress

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    I've been farming the two Resistance Hero characters every day since they became farmable and I STILL don't have either of them at 7*.
    Finn has been sitting on 99/100 for 3 days - 0 shards for 15 attempts. Poe is on 53/100.
    Every other requirement for Rey is ready.
    Is anyone else having such bad luck farming these characters?

Not surprised. It seems to be more common to have bad luck on fleet node farming. I’m sitting on a Shaak Ti at 53/100 for four days in a row.

But then I did get 5 Shaak Ti Shards before the bad streak begins. I had the same problem with one of the character farming for JK Revan.

One thing good about the bad streak is that you may end up with 5/5 on one single farm.

Not looking forward to farm the resistance for GL Rey (both Resistance bros are still 3 stars.)

All shard farms are the same 33% drop rate.

Didn’t say it isn’t. Just saying that bad luck is common, then you suddenly get more shards in a later farm.

You said bad luck seems to be more common on fleet node farming. Shrug.

Isn’t zero shards over 15 attempts bad luck?
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have not made any progress on either gl. I am hoping the 2nd batch will be way better and I can just skip these 2 forever.
    Because JKR and DR became irrelevant by now. Oh wait, they didn't.

Skipping a GL-caliber character is your choice, of course, but it's unlikely you'll have an easy time without them anytime in the next 2 years.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have not made any progress on either gl. I am hoping the 2nd batch will be way better and I can just skip these 2 forever.

Skipping a GL-caliber character is your choice, of course, but it's unlikely you'll have an easy time without them anytime in the next 2 years.

Also I have a serious doubt that the requirements for the next GL would be any easier.

• Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    @MasterSeedy
    I started on kylo about the time of the nerf to Rey, I had been working on her but switched, only long time issue was hux/lobster trooper farm as they took a while (I had the rest at g11-13 and 7* already). I have a 600 ish crystal income from arenas each day so that helps.
    Ticket farming I think was around 10 days(ish) stun gun 10 energy node, all of the 50 and 100 crystal refreshes, plus daily free energy. Dropped the first 15 tickets as I made a mistake, watched a video and then I have been fine since. Farming guns atm alongside tickets as they are what I need more than kyro prods.
  • @Damodamo

Thanks for the follow up!
  • No matter where you are in your farm for GL Rey you should switch to farm SLKR. The payoff for raids is so much better and so is the PVP team. Far more of the characters you use are better as well. Resistance Pilot and Rose are absolute garbage and getting them to Relic level is a waste of resources.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

Also I have a serious doubt that the requirements for the next GL would be any easier.

I doubt the requirements will be any easier but I am hoping the next batch will require a faction that I am already heavily invested in. If next they go rebels and empire I am much better off then I was with first order and resistance. I am also really hoping the near universal poor feedback from the event itself will make them spend at least a few minutes designing the next events. Mostly though I don't like Rey or kylo as characters so I don't want to spend 6 months or more getting them. I still have scars from when jkr was meta in arena and I want nothing to do matches that timeout. I really hope the next gls don't suffer from terrible design like that.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Stenun wrote: »
    I've been farming the two Resistance Hero characters every day since they became farmable and I STILL don't have either of them at 7*.
    Finn has been sitting on 99/100 for 3 days - 0 shards for 15 attempts. Poe is on 53/100.
    Every other requirement for Rey is ready.
    Is anyone else having such bad luck farming these characters?

Not surprised. It seems to be more common to have bad luck on fleet node farming. I’m sitting on a Shaak Ti at 53/100 for four days in a row.

But then I did get 5 Shaak Ti Shards before the bad streak begins. I had the same problem with one of the character farming for JK Revan.

One thing good about the bad streak is that you may end up with 5/5 on one single farm.

Not looking forward to farm the resistance for GL Rey (both Resistance bros are still 3 stars.)

All shard farms are the same 33% drop rate.

Didn’t say it isn’t. Just saying that bad luck is common, then you suddenly get more shards in a later farm.

You said bad luck seems to be more common on fleet node farming. Shrug.

Isn’t zero shards over 15 attempts bad luck?

Bad luck, yes.

More common on fleet table, as you assserted, no.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @MasterSeedy Not less than a month, more like 6 weeks.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • @DaarthBrewer
    Not less than a month, more like 6 weeks.

D'oh! I somehow read you as talking about July when you had clearly written June. My bad.
  • @DaarthBrewer
    Not less than a month, more like 6 weeks.

D'oh! I somehow read you as talking about July when you had clearly written June. My bad.

Sorry I edited my second post to reflect the correct month. Your notice of the timeline made me notice my incorrectly stating July. At any rate, I need to start buying carbs if I want to get done with this anytime soon.
    (stupid J months)
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Alright I've removed some of the unnecessary bickering from in here, keep things civil. Just because a couple of people disagree with you doesn't make them alt accounts of one person and insinuating as much is just an attempt to bait an argument which is what we got in this thread.

Keep things on topic and civil going forward.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    I spent $19.99 for a crystal pack about 4 years and 3 months ago, so it depends on how purist you want to be.

Waiting until the last day to dump RePo on us really hurt. It will be another 45ish days to farm him 15 times a day at which time I can start farming Rey. I’m just not willing to pay the crystals to speed it up since I’d have nothing left to gear Rey with at the end.

I haven’t ACTUALLY geared the required characters since they are mostly worthless trash and will ruin my GAC matches if I have all that filler and not yet unlocked Rey all-the-Jedi-but-without-the-tag Skywalker.

I’m still considering switching gears to use my massive, unwieldy hoard on Kylo. I could actually get him slightly faster. Waiting for the theory crafters to shake things out to be 100% sure.

You are UNCLEAN! I am exactly 3x as unclean.
  • As a kinda new f2p player, will I ever get a galactic legend? This thread gives me hope, but at this point, idk if I'll ever even get GAS.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    As a kinda new f2p player, will I ever get a galactic legend? This thread gives me hope, but at this point, idk if I'll ever even get GAS.

It is possible. It’s just putting in the time.

I got GL SLKR, got him to Relic 7, and have two more zetas to put on him and have 9 more ultimate ability mats to do. A lot of my guild mates have GAS already and they are mostly F2P.

The best way is to focus on one goal, rather than spread yourself across many goals. I went for SLKR instead of GAS first as most of my FO roster are ready.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    As a kinda new f2p player, will I ever get a galactic legend? This thread gives me hope, but at this point, idk if I'll ever even get GAS.

Going for a gl might not be the best choice depending on your overall roster state either. We might be able to provide an opinion if you wanna drop your swgoh.gg link.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Going for a gl might not be the best choice depending on your overall roster state either. We might be able to provide an opinion if you wanna drop your swgoh.gg link.

Oh, I'm not thinking about getting one now, right now I'm working on getting those core teams (Padme, CLS, JKR, DR, GAS, etc.) and will be for a while. I guess I was just wondering if I ever will have the chance or ability to actually chase a gl.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ok done. Got some stun guns and winnings used to clear kyro.

Now to ultimate it
  • Nice work, @ShaggyB !

Oh, I'm not thinking about getting one now, right now I'm working on getting those core teams (Padme, CLS, JKR, DR, GAS, etc.) and will be for a while. I guess I was just wondering if I ever will have the chance or ability to actually chase a gl.

You will. If you are prepared to be in for a long grind.

I wanted to see f2p folks progress towards one of the GLs assuming you are actively farming for it. Doubt there is any that already unlocked the event, you're welcome to prove me wrong. It would be nice if you can note down how much crystal stash you spent also. Please refrain from f2p vs. spender discussions which we already have enough of elsewhere.

You can feel free to check my Swgoh account.

Free 2 Play since day 1. I've purchased hyperdrive for gear as a "reward" for the dev team for the many hours of enjoyment in the game and I got the hux ship packs. Everything else was done f2p. Got the ult done last week. Having the fleet #1 rewards really helps and of course you're not getting anything from arena until you get the ultimate done and have God mods.

I used crystals to farm relics and relic finisher materials (g12 furnaces, kyros, etc). I started loosely farming the rest of FO/JTR from October-January and then I've been focusing solely on SLK since then. I also got Chewbacca done in the meantime and C3P0.

Starting off I had a 4-member FO squad and nearly all of the ships done. Palp was low, so was Vet Han. Hux and Red Trooper started the day they were available.
  • khdelboy wrote: »

It is possible. It’s just putting in the time.

I got GL SLKR, got him to Relic 7, and have two more zetas to put on him and have 9 more ultimate ability mats to do. A lot of my guild mates have GAS already and they are mostly F2P.

The best way is to focus on one goal, rather than spread yourself across many goals. I went for SLKR instead of GAS first as most of my FO roster are ready.

100% agreed.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I wanted to see f2p folks progress towards one of the GLs assuming you are actively farming for it. Doubt there is any that already unlocked the event, you're welcome to prove me wrong. It would be nice if you can note down how much crystal stash you spent also. Please refrain from f2p vs. spender discussions which we already have enough of elsewhere.

You can feel free to check my Swgoh account.

Free 2 Play since day 1. I've purchased hyperdrive for gear as a "reward" for the dev team for the many hours of enjoyment in the game and I got the hux ship packs. Everything else was done f2p. Got the ult done last week. Having the fleet #1 rewards really helps and of course you're not getting anything from arena until you get the ultimate done and have God mods.

I used crystals to farm relics and relic finisher materials (g12 furnaces, kyros, etc). I started loosely farming the rest of FO/JTR from October-January and then I've been focusing solely on SLK since then. I also got Chewbacca done in the meantime and C3P0.

Starting off I had a 4-member FO squad and nearly all of the ships done. Palp was low, so was Vet Han. Hux and Red Trooper started the day they were available.

The first post was aeons ago xD. Most of the f2p that has been farming since reqs are revealed should be done by now. Some have even wrapped the 2nd gl.
  • I think i will get kylo in a monthl78vibg5xl3h.jpg
    hkmjxsg8dj5r.jpg
  • @Darth_Tomsteros2707

A month? Well, I like your optimism.
  • Well maybe 2 if i am unlucky
  • Have started playing SWGOH in 2016, farmed the original First Order squad (Phasma, FOST, Kylo, FOTP and FOO) to 7* and G8 before taking an extraordinary long break and eventually returning in January 2020. Decided to buy the Hyperdrive bundle in order to at least try to catch up, otherwise F2P. Farmed Hux, FOSFTP, KRU, FOE, ST and the gear for them as soon as they became available, all thanks to having a relatively undeveloped fleet shard where Finalizer reigns supreme (even with recently-appeared Negotiators and Malevolences it is fairly easy to beat them)

With what I got right now I'm thinking 3-4 months before being able to meet the requirements.kxc2iw4n4cda.jpg
  • Well maybe 2 if i am unlucky

I hope you are joking.
  • 3z7zocbkb6wu.jpeg