Galactic challenges for August? Are fleets part of the new game mode?

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    4. They do work on bugs

Last time they really worked on bugs was to release GBA

Or do you mean work to create new bugs ?

• Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Is this still happening? I thought them announcing something with zero concrete details in August was a joke? We should expect details August 32nd?

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    CG: We are planning this game mode, but we can't tell you anything yet.
    Also CG: What game mode? Here's a new TM overflow mechanic!
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Well..the new update is supposed to hit either today or Monday, so we shall see if the GC's are included in that update or not. I sure hope they are.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Well..the new update is supposed to hit either today or Monday, so we shall see if the GC's are included in that update or not. I sure hope they are.

Source?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

That would be a nice surprise but I would expect some info post before it actually drops and we got nothing since the RA. They might post it today, though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The speed update post says it will be a part of the Title update, I dont think that is coming today or monday. I think the Title update will include the GC's, but I dont think this is all coming "right now". I could be wrong, but just my thoughts.
  • Kyno wrote: »

3 people 1 computer. things take time.

That happens in music too..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwPHy17Iu6E

Fun video
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Source?
    Hi Holotable Heroes,
    We wanted to notify you in advance that our account-transfer between platforms feature will be temporarily disabled in order to remain compliant with platform policies. This change will likely occur with our next client update scheduled for early August. We fully expect to bring this feature back once it is compliant and we will update you as soon as we have more information to share.
    We highly recommend you review this page for instructions on how to transfer your accountand make any transfers before this update occurs.
    Thank you for your understanding.

Early month is 1-10, mid is 11-20 and late is 21-31. We have no other communication saying its delayed, so its either today, Monday, or late.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Source?
    Hi Holotable Heroes,
    We wanted to notify you in advance that our account-transfer between platforms feature will be temporarily disabled in order to remain compliant with platform policies. This change will likely occur with our next client update scheduled for early August. We fully expect to bring this feature back once it is compliant and we will update you as soon as we have more information to share.
    We highly recommend you review this page for instructions on how to transfer your accountand make any transfers before this update occurs.

Early month is 1-10, mid is 11-20 and late is 21-31. We have no other communication saying its delayed, so its either today, Monday, or late.

Lol sure.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Source?
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

Lol sure.

ok, so what do you think early month means?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    "scheduled"
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    "scheduled"

ok. If something doesn't arrive at a scheduled time...its late...as I said...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    "scheduled"

Ok fine. Monday on time, Tuesday is late. Doesn't matter, shrug.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Source?
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

Client updates and Title updates are 2 different things.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Source?
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

The account-transfer feature has already been removed.

The update was early!
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    "scheduled"

Im glad we agree. What is going on here, this is like the second time in a short period that we agree on something...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    "scheduled"

Im glad we agree. What is going on here, this is like the second time in a short period that we agree on something...

I guess the difference is only one of us cares if it comes Monday or Tuesday.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    This is CG we are talking about, so I would take "early" as meaning "first half-ish".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is CG we are talking about, so I would take "early" as meaning "first half-ish".

as was stated, it already happened, so this is a moot point.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Oh, ly4oy4s wasn't quoting the latest announcement. That's what happens when I only skim quoted posts...
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Oh, ly4oy4s wasn't quoting the latest announcement. That's what happens when I only skim quoted posts...

I was quoting the latest announcement. I think Kyno was referencing that the point had already been made, therefore, your post was moot. Redundant if you will.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I was quoting the latest announcement. I think Kyno was referencing that the point had already been made, therefore, your post was moot. Redundant if you will.

the point and in game update referenced in the post have both been made,so double moot or redundantly redundant.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

the point and in game update referenced in the post have both been made,so double moot or redundantly redundant.

double redundancy is my favorite type of redundancy!

Since you have Crumb's ear, maybe ask him if everything is still on track....hopefully not the same track as that Q and A post that was "coming".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Since you have Crumb's ear, maybe ask him if everything is still on track....hopefully not the same track as that Q and A post that was "coming".

yes last we spoke, things are still on track for this month. a post with more information and possibly the title update (that i have less direct information about)

also thank you for the reminder, I will now ping him about the new setup for the QA he has been working on.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

yes last we spoke, things are still on track for this month. a post with more information and possibly the title update (that i have less direct information about)

also thank you for the reminder, I will now ping him about the new setup for the QA he has been working on.

CG needs to put you on the payroll. I hope you are getting something for all your work around here. Thanks for all you do.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I love how there's a big update coming with a new game mode and we know nothing about it, as usual.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rebmes wrote: »
    I love how there's a big update coming with a new game mode and we know nothing about it, as usual.

yet. we dont know about it, yet. There has always been a period of time in which we know things are coming and dont have details.

6z21niahfv36.png