Best relic level in general

Prev1
At this time I have only 2 toons at relic 7 and they are jedi revan and gm Yoda. I have maybe 2 toons at relic 5 which are light side bastila and r2 and most at 4 like asajj, bossk, grievous, dooku, and some between 2 and 3. Which relic level would be considered best for any toon in general? Since reaching relic 4 isn't too bad and offers good stat boosts would that be a good bet to focus on for most toons not needed for galactic legends?

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Not taking hard required relic levels (for GL's or JKL) into consideration I'd say
    overall - r0
    certain important chars for your team (like GMY or GeoSpy) - r4 (r5 already requires the more expensive relic mats aurodium heatsinks and the blue signal data)
    key chars (like GG, GK, GAS, Malak etc.) - r7
    So r0, r4 and r7 are the best relic lvls imo.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    4 or 7, I wouldn’t bother leaving anything at r0 it’s not hard to get them to r4.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Damodamo wrote: »
    4 or 7, I wouldn’t bother leaving anything at r0 it’s not hard to get them to r4.

5ys8i0mg2bwf.png
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    For GP efficiency it's R0. For most characters I'd say R3 or 4. Certain characters you want higher, because of ships, ability to solo teams, their status as a meta character, etc. There's no one-size fits all relic level imo.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    @Kyno
    https://swgoh.gg/p/897311786/

^ me and now you know the reason behind my name lol
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    R1 (it's literally basically free over base G13) if you're not actively working on the char's team. R4 if you're working on the team. R5 if they're needed at R5. R7 if they're valuable, or needed at R7 for an unlock.

I see no reason at all to not get that first relic level, except maybe on chars like 3PO, and absolutely no reason to not just go for R4 if you're going past R1. R5 imo is just too expensive to bother grinding for if you're not going all the way to R7. It's not just the heatsinks, but R5 is where the signal data grind really spikes up as well. I find R5 usually takes only barely less time (or if I need to farm for heatsinks, longer) than getting a char from G13 to R4.

Obviously, your current arena team is the big exception to this. How high you can place in mirror match land is dependent on outrelicing and outmodding the other teams, and in most cases a full R7 team will place you significantly higher than a non-R7 team, with maybe only GLs being the only absolutely major exception, so even if your main arena team is running some fairly lower-tier chars, like with GAS or JKR, there's still a very good reason to still high-relic those secondary characters.
  • As long as your matchmaking GP is not made entirely of relics, r0 is the best choice on supports and characters that only need speed (like Starck for example).

R5+ on attackers, r3-4 on most tanks, r7 on your meta characters or the ones that have multiple uses (GLs, GG, JKL, GK, JKA, etc.).

Once you hit r3+ on your top 80, keeping anyone at r0 is no longer important, but until then it helps greatly with matchmaking. Finisher boost is less than 300 GP for a huge gain while one relic level is almost 1k.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    As long as your matchmaking GP is not made entirely of relics, r0 is the best choice on supports and characters that only need speed (like Starck for example).

R5+ on attackers, r3-4 on most tanks, r7 on your meta characters or the ones that have multiple uses (GLs, GG, JKL, GK, JKA, etc.).

Once you hit r3+ on your top 80, keeping anyone at r0 is no longer important, but until then it helps greatly with matchmaking. Finisher boost is less than 300 GP for a huge gain while one relic level is almost 1k.

Tbh for the "speed chars" like Starck I'd equip the 3 speed pieces and just not upgrade them or just equip the 3 right pieces. I've already had an opponent who did exactly that and had like 13 chars at g12+6.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    As long as your matchmaking GP is not made entirely of relics, r0 is the best choice on supports and characters that only need speed (like Starck for example).

Tbh for the "speed chars" like Starck I'd equip the 3 speed pieces and just not upgrade them or just equip the 3 right pieces. I've already had an opponent who did exactly that and had like 13 chars at g12+6.
    If you put in the resources to equip the 3 right side pieces you might as well add the left side pieces and finish up to g13 so those juicy stat bonuses get added to your base stats and mod %stat boosts apply to them.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited August 2020

There's a small speed boost when using a speed set by going to G13.

EDIT: closing the gear level does not give you any additional GP, there is zero reason to have a character at g12+6 unless your opponent is afraid of blue or red
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

If you put in the resources to equip the 3 right side pieces you might as well add the left side pieces and finish up to g13 so those juicy stat bonuses get added to your base stats and mod %stat boosts apply to them.

You don't need that stats. I was using my r0 DR + r0 BSF for so long (even against the shard kraken and his full r7 SE team) and was still winning with ease (just ONE example). It probably would've even be fine with g12+6 (in this case I'd probably add the 3 left pieces for the stats while on Starck I'd leave'em out as he is 100% about speed).
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah but is it worth it the additional GP? Not sure. IF going for MM exploiting we might aswell take it to the max, no? :D
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

You don't need that stats. I was using my r0 DR + r0 BSF for so long (even against the shard kraken and his full r7 SE team) and was still winning with ease (just ONE example). It probably would've even be fine with g12+6 (in this case I'd probably add the 3 left pieces for the stats while on Starck I'd leave'em out as he is 100% about speed).

Yeah but is it worth it the additional GP? Not sure. IF going for MM exploiting we might aswell take it to the max, no? :D
    1) Going from g12+6 to g13 adds 0 GP
    2) Going from g12+6 to g13 adds all of those big 12 gear stat boosts to the character's vase stats which means that mod %boosts now apply to them

So going from g12+6 to g13r0 is a no-brainer.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

1) Going from g12+6 to g13 adds 0 GP
    2) Going from g12+6 to g13 adds all of those big 12 gear stat boosts to the character's vase stats which means that mod %boosts now apply to them

So going from g12+6 to g13r0 is a no-brainer.

I might be mistaken then and that oponent I had was at 13 chars at g12+3 (right pieces). He intentionally just geared them for the speed boosts, including his DR + BSF.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I have a lot of R2s. It's relatively cheap, doesn't add a crazy amount of GP, and adds enough "oomph" to be noticeable.

Great-but-not-quite-top-tier characters (Vader, CLS, GBA) go to R3-5 depending on how good they are. R7 is reserved for meta characters and arena team members. I have a couple R6s that I thought i would end up pushing to 7 but changed my mind; in general I'd say if you're gonna go that high, you might as well just go to 7 and get ALL THE STATS.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• For me the bottleneck is GL13. Once I get something over that hump, R5 is pretty much automatic.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    You want minimum required performance to win on the team(s). I have
    R7 Chew CLS Han JKA
    R2 Poe and Finn
    R5 Tano GK Vader GMY
    R4 Thrawn
    R0/1 C3PO
    R3 Padme

Those R5 are going to R7.
    Those toons are all important to my squads and if the relic is required for what you use them for that is all that matters.

Padme team = my arena
    CLS team = my DRalak counter

Rest are ship related and Rey pursuit
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    Does anyone know the exact GP added per relic? I cannot find a table for it. 🧐
  • R4 is what I do for characters that I want to build. I have a couple at R3 just for specific requirements, but R4 is right before the big R5 boost and new set of tier gear you need. R3 is the first 'bigger' boost to stats, so R4 gives them a little extra.

I'm at the point where there's nothing in Cantina I need, so all that energy gets used for relic salvage. Which is why I can do R4 fairly easily. (I do have a few at R5, 6, and 7 but because they are the meta characters)
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    R2 is the best. R4 is the worst.
  • TVF wrote: »
    R2 is the best. R4 is the worst.

ctcnb1s1swqq.gif
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Why are people saying r0... once you hit gear 13 you go to relic 1.

xk5p88uhuim4.jpg

There is no reason not to.

Id argue everyone to relic 3.... but there is no reason to not relic 1 a gear 13.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    @ShaggyB

h7shwea5j1ad.png

That is G13, R0.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Why are people saying r0... once you hit gear 13 you go to relic 1.

xk5p88uhuim4.jpg

There is no reason not to.

Id argue everyone to relic 3.... but there is no reason to not relic 1 a gear 13.

Kyno wrote: »
    Damodamo wrote: »

5ys8i0mg2bwf.png

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    What's the benefit-to-gp ratio though?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What's the benefit-to-gp ratio though?

That is the question that should be used to determine at least part of this.

In a game of resource management, (and to some extent GP management) I dont think anything should be done just because....no matter how easy it is. IMHO.

There is also the situation of age, a 1st year player may be able to do this a lot easier than a person who started 3 years after them, so it doesnt make sense to try and make a blanket statement about "what should be done", that is how players run out of resources they need later.

We dont know much about the future of this system, all we know is this is "the new system" and it is very likely not the end.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    el_mago wrote: »
    @ShaggyB

h7shwea5j1ad.png

That is G13, R0.

Yes i know. I see no reason to not click and go to r1 from there. Im not suggesting it doesnt exist.... im saying not clicking it and taking r1 is dumb.

In fact you should go to r3 regardless of who it is just due to that being the bare minimum on some journey characters or gl characters.

Literally no reason to stay at r0
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »
    @ShaggyB

h7shwea5j1ad.png

That is G13, R0.

Yes i know. I see no reason to not click and go to r1 from there. Im not suggesting it doesnt exist.... im saying not clicking it and taking r1 is dumb.

In fact you should go to r3 regardless of who it is just due to that being the bare minimum on some journey characters or gl characters.

Literally no reason to stay at r0

That's fine if you play that way but don't complain about matchmaking.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

That is the question that should be used to determine at least part of this.

In a game of resource management, (and to some extent GP management) I don't think anything should be done just because....no matter how easy it is. IMHO.

There is also the situation of age, a 1st year player may be able to do this a lot easier than a person who started 3 years after them, so it doesn't make sense to try and make a blanket statement about "what should be done", that is how players run out of resources they need later.

We don't know much about the future of this system, all we know is this is "the new system" and it is very likely not the end.

Is there an increase in GP from R0 to R1? If so, that's the answer on why it's not "dumb".