Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• ShaggyB wrote: »
    Agreed. Ahnalds banned tos account is not important to me. He got caught on a techincality and it is what it is.

The negoitation with whale cheaters that he and the bulldog showed a second (cubs showd it as well) needs to be addressed.

That very much hurts the game. Having 0 tollerance but only if you are f2p is not right and a comment is warranted

I really think that it tells a lot how they went for banning a chinese account literally several weeks before leaving the country as well. They could have played the good cop with something along these lines: Yo' Ahnald, we would LOVE to help you, officially, we shouldnt, but player comes first, so yes we would LOVE to help you, but unfortunately, we just cannot.

What they chose to do instead is more informative then a 2 hrs long interview or several more Q&A which btw tend to remind me of some sort of propaganda.

Ultimately, considering how they shut down the test server despite the fact that we had horribly bugs just like the first LS geo TB, how they banned an account that was living on a borrowed time, how they avoided to communicate on the topic ever since leads me to agree with MG who simply called them coward. He also offered them a very good piece of advice how to avoid negative criticism. I wish they would heed it.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    CG cares sooo much about cheating scandal that, instead of responding to it in any manner, they started developing content. Makes perfect sense. Hopefully more of these can happen so we get even more. I call this win-win xD.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    CG cares sooo much about cheating scandal that, instead of responding to it in any manner, they started developing content. Makes perfect sense. Hopefully more of these can happen so we get even more. I call this win-win xD.

Been a financial win for me. Not spending has saved me a bunch of money.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Been a financial win for me. Not spending has saved me a bunch of money.

It cut back my spending from 0$ to 0$. If they do well by the community I'll spend tons more 0$s.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Lol i was whalen, but now i spend my cash elsewhere
  • TVF wrote: »
    Luke is not a Legendary or Mythic.

Also a ton has changed since March 2018. If you're relying on things to remain static, good luck.

TVC: Pulls into question whether or not CG stated that they would give us farm time for events.

ShaggyB: Here's the exact forum post explaining ALL events and the link to it.

TVC: Reads screenshot and not forum post: Luke is not mythic/legendary. Then makes claim (without substantiating evidence) that things have changed because... well... time has passed...

Me: Lol.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Also a ton has changed since March 2018. If you're relying on things to remain static, good luck.

TVC: Pulls into question whether or not CG stated that they would give us farm time for events.

TVC: Reads screenshot and not forum post: Luke is not mythic/legendary. Then makes claim (without substantiating evidence) that things have changed because... well... time has passed...

Yes I read the screenshot, shrug. Sorry I didn't also follow the link.

The evidence that things change over time is everywhere if you care to look. Carrie is no longer here, so you should probably not rely on anything that was said while she was in charge.

P.S. maybe spell my name correctly next time Sorathix666.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • How in the world is this thread still active?!?!?
  • Jpolson43 wrote: »
    How in the world is this thread still active?!?!?

Why would it not be? Cg still hasn't addressed the cheating issue at all.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing how many pages this has in 2022.
  • TVF wrote: »

I am sure you will be doing your part to keep it going. Thank you.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020

Yes I read the screenshot, shrug. Sorry I didn't also follow the link.

The evidence that things change over time is everywhere if you care to look. Carrie is no longer here, so you should probably not rely on anything that was said while she was in charge.

P.S. maybe spell my name correctly next time Sorathix666.

Problem with that is the evidence of change on that topic is not everywhere.

The changes when journey guide was added contain a link back to the original statement for review. They then make said changes but they dont list any to the week notice.

Perhaps if youve read a change to it you should post it instead of asking for proof.

Until someone shows a newer post that details a change to the 1 week notice, we should expect a 1 week notice. (Not 3 days for jedi luke windu)

Which is why that event feels like it was rushed to us to distract from the ahnald tos ban and negotiation with cheaters issues.
  • We allready established the ban was a legitimate one,even himself admitted that,having said that i wonder why most ppl still comment here,he didnt even post in this forum anything,clearly he doesnt give a **** to ask for cg to comment on this,why noone asking ahnald to comment instead,clearly he only cares about his views couse he only makes videos,seems these forums arent worth his time.Obviously cg doesnt need to answer anything about ahnald,not a single company will openly discuss in forums about bans.

Yeah i seen his explanation of not wanting to couse drama,lol,clearly hiding behind some cool fancy words.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

I am sure you will be doing your part to keep it going. Thank you.

No problem. It makes no difference, but you're welcome anyway.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    We allready established the ban was a legitimate one,even himself admitted that,having said that i wonder why most ppl still comment here,he didnt even post in this forum anything,clearly he doesnt give a **** to ask for cg to comment on this,why noone asking ahnald to comment instead,clearly he only cares about his views couse he only makes videos,seems these forums arent worth his time.Obviously cg doesnt need to answer anything about ahnald,not a single company will openly discuss in forums about bans.

Yeah i seen his explanation of not wanting to couse drama,lol,clearly hiding behind some cool fancy words.

Because this is a catch all dumping ground the mods created for discussing CG ignoring their own 0 tollerance policy and negotiating with cheaters.

It all got merged by the mods under the ahnald topic.

You will find the last 40 or so pages have been discussing and asking CG to comment on why they are not perma banning cheating whales but instead giving them second and third chances while claiming 0 tollerance.

Both buldog and cubsfanhan did new videos on a recent whale cheater to get this preferred treatment.

Cubs video had its own thread and then it was merged here.

Thats why the thread still goes. Noone left here cares about ahnalds tos ban. People left care about whale cheaters not being perma banned
  • Lio wrote: »
    It's time for this thread to end
    j6onv0lr8ocv.png

The thread must stay alive!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    It's time for this thread to end
    j6onv0lr8ocv.png

The thread must stay alive!

Its funny because he quoted a movie line where by the end of it the person saying the line doesnt believe its the case.... and makes a sacrafice to keep it all going.
  • Imagine some random person checking out this thread. A company bans a content creator who exposed them for not following their own Terms of Service by negotiating with cheaters. Players ask why does cheating not apply to all people equally? 100 pages later still no response from any developers. This is a graduate level course course on how to ignore your customer base. They are really entrenched in silence.

It's absolutely mental how they havnt said anything yet like
    Well as long as I can keep playing after cheating ea out of money I'll keep playing

Haha. I too wondered why that didnt get them a perma ban. Youd think literally stealing revenue from them would be enough

Problem is, they aren't really stealing revenue from CG. They are stealing resources from OTHER players, cheating to beat other players isn't as high on their give-a-rip list so it's not a big deal. Especially since CG seems to think that if they perma-ban a whale, that revenue they would lose is far more important to consider than other players seeing that they are negotiating with cheaters.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Well as long as I can keep playing after cheating ea out of money I'll keep playing

Haha. I too wondered why that didnt get them a perma ban. Youd think literally stealing revenue from them would be enough

Problem is, they aren't really stealing revenue from CG. They are stealing resources from OTHER players, cheating to beat other players isn't as high on their give-a-rip list so it's not a big deal. Especially since CG seems to think that if they perma-ban a whale, that revenue they would lose is far more important to consider than other players seeing that they are negotiating with cheaters.

First ban for that guy was on crystals he cheated the game to get.

Thats stealing from CG
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Imagine some random person checking out this thread. A company bans a content creator who exposed them for not following their own Terms of Service by negotiating with cheaters. Players ask why does cheating not apply to all people equally? 100 pages later still no response from any developers. This is a graduate level course course on how to ignore your customer base. They are really entrenched in silence.

It's absolutely mental how they havnt said anything yet like

I agree.... though i think admitting to these facts puts them in a bad spot woth apple and google.

Id just like them to make a state of the galaxy about cheating and continued efforta to stop it. Them to mention 0 tollerance in effect and then to actually hold to it.

Then id like youtubers to watch them like hawks
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    When is the next Q&A?

Wondering if they will take questions knowing that this will come up
    When is the next Q&A?

I'm with you although, I bet that if they do even acknowledge the question it'll be a super generic one saying they don't discuss individual occurrences.
    When is the next Q&A?

I will definitely be there for the next Q&A.
  • I plan on asking Lucifer’s Daddy about the cheating negotiations in the next Q&A. I know where my bet would go... it’s CG we’re talking about.
  • Definitely asking that too.
  • avihas
    247 posts Member
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    When is the next Q&A?

I'm with you although, I bet that if they do even acknowledge the question it'll be a super generic one saying they don't discuss individual occurrences.

I agree and add that do you think it's accident every time there is a big mess up with the Devs that the Q&A is postphoned or canceled??!
    I believe they are well aware of this and do this on on purpose. Duck and cover in hope for the rage to pass :/