This is really bothering me...

Prev13
I’m farming the characters that are needed for Jedi Luke, but is really discouraging to know that he works better with other Jedi and only... Except with Revan, the only Jedi that are really good to combine with Luke is GAS, Jedi Knight Anakin, General Kenobi and Hermit Yoda (maybe also Yoda and Ahsoka). But that means that you have to “broke” other important teams, with Padmé, Clones and Jedi Revan, for example, to use Jedi Luke.
If I really want to use Luke in Grand Arena or Territory War, than I have to “broke” these other strong teams. This doesn’t make any sense, CG...
We all now that Luke in Episode VI is a Rebel to! So why he is not tagged as a Rebel? This should put more possibilities to make teams with him!
Maybe a rework for Lando and Leia to combine with Luke, would be also perfect!
Frankly, CG...

Replies

• Serious that anyone bothers with this??? So, everyone thinks this is OK??
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    Serious that anyone bothers with this??? So, everyone thinks this is OK??

They discussed this topic in an earlier QA.

Tags (or the lack there of) is a choice that sometimes has to be made in the interest of game balance.
    Luke is a great toon that helps bring together some of the lesser used jedi into a solid team. This is a good thing and doean't require you to break up any teams in a significant way. This also opens up the door to teams later on that may work well as counters for future teams.

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    The beauty of JKL is that he makes some of the crappy Jedi good. You just have to pair him with 1 super fast Jedi to get the speed equalization up, and then you can use the otherwise completely useless Jedi: Mace, IGD, Kit, JKG, Aayla.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    The beauty of JKL is that he makes some of the crappy Jedi good. You just have to pair him with 1 super fast Jedi to get the speed equalization up, and then you can use the otherwise completely useless Jedi: Mace, IGD, Kit, JKG, Aayla.

So I have to train these bad Jedi if I want to use Luke without breaking other teams... It will be painful to train these bad Jedi. They are very outdated, with low damage and has the same animations. A rework of them could stimulate me...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »

So I have to train these bad Jedi if I want to use Luke without breaking other teams... It will be painful to train these bad Jedi. They are very outdated, with low damage and has the same animations. A rework of them could stimulate me...

unfortunately, yes you would need to gear other toons, to not break up currently used teams, but I think this problem persists no matter what. In many cases, toons/leaders like this are introduced to bring life to a faction. They dont need a rework to make a solid team, they just needed the right leader.
  • Define bad jedi. Old Ben is a great overall tank, Aayla is far from bad.
  • Kyno wrote: »

unfortunately, yes you would need to gear other toons, to not break up currently used teams, but I think this problem persists no matter what. In many cases, toons/leaders like this are introduced to bring life to a faction. They dont need a rework to make a solid team, they just needed the right leader.

I disagree. In my opinion they are outdated and need more consideration in the game, with better animations and abilities and power increased. For me it’s an absurd to gear up bad toons that are only good because of the leader. But is useless talking... Nothing will change anyway
  • Define bad jedi. Old Ben is a great overall tank, Aayla is far from bad.

Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Luminara, Eeth Koth, Ima Gun Di, these are bad. And Aayla has the same animations as Ima and Windu...
  • How would the situation be any different if he had the rebel tag? CLS already takes away the best rebels (much like JKR the Jedi) and Mothma has the better Rebel Fighters. You'd have to gear leftover characters all the same, or break up existing teams.
  • How would the situation be any different if he had the rebel tag? CLS already takes away the best rebels (much like JKR the Jedi) and Mothma has the better Rebel Fighters. You'd have to gear leftover characters all the same, or break up existing teams.

Not if the leftover characters had a rework! And a rebel tag would make Luke more versatile.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I disagree. In my opinion they are outdated and need more consideration in the game, with better animations and abilities and power increased. For me it’s an absurd to gear up bad toons that are only good because of the leader. But is useless talking... Nothing will change anyway

we dont fight with 1 toon (unless we choose to), so how good/bad a single toon is, is not really relevant if they can comprise a good team.

a lot changes, and things do get reworked, but the point still remains, you can make a solid team without breaking up any existing teams if you so wish.
  • Kyno wrote: »

we dont fight with 1 toon (unless we choose to), so how good/bad a single toon is, is not really relevant if they can comprise a good team.

a lot changes, and things do get reworked, but the point still remains, you can make a solid team without breaking up any existing teams if you so wish.

Well, I guess I’ll have to wait for future reworks and other changes about Luke’s synergies. Otherwise, I will have to sadly abandon the game, as I am already very discouraged with the progress of things... The players are not being heard.
  • HenriqueAA wrote: »

Well, I guess I’ll have to wait for future reworks and other changes about Luke’s synergies. Otherwise, I will have to sadly abandon the game, as I am already very discouraged with the progress of things... The players are not being heard.

After this statement, you can officially shut up as far as I'm concerned. "the players are not being heard", ah yes the millions of people that have been screaming for useless and outdated characters to be useful again clearly haven't been hear at all with characters like luke and MoM...
    Seriously, from my point of view, this luke makes perfect sense. The rebel faction doesn't need any help right now. Not to mention having CLS, Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Luke with any other rebel (especially r2d2 or c3po) would just be broken. It would limit your rooster and break the game in an unfair way. Him being Jedi focused makes perfect sense.
    On top of that, being anti old-republic Jedi also makes perfect sense from both a game and a story perspective. Revan is already super powerful, so some ant-synergy to prevent these 2 from breaking and limiting the game is definitely nice. On top of that the old-republic era and original era are god knows how far apart (someone probably knows, bu that's not the point). These 2 never could or would have fought together (or any fro their era's for that matter). So not having perfect synergy due to difference in time (and thus manners, customs and way of thinking) makes perfect sense.
    Now I have no problem with you disagreeing with me or not liking things. You are privileged to your own opinion. But don't go claiming or even implying that yours is the only one out there or even the majority, and that because you aren't begin heard, almost no-one is. Especially when they've just released a few characters that have brought a lot of old/outdated characters back into the limelight (again, something that has been asked for a lot).
    So I will say it in no uncertain terms one more time: Either voice your own opinion only, or stay silent forever.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I don't understand why OP keeps bringing up old character animations, which have nothing to do with Jedi Luke.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Game reasons.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    D4n040798 wrote: »
    I still think (no, not think, I KNOW) they’re making a mistake by not adding the rebel tag to Luke from episode VI. In the movie, Luke had perfect interactions with the rebels when he rescued them from Jabba the Hutt, went to Endor with them to look for the shield generator and they all met the ewoks, and he was at the celebration on Endor with the Rebels after the defeat of the Empire. Seriously, how does anyone not pay attention to this? If they’re not going to follow the movie right down to the wire, why add any characters from that movie and leave out some of the important details?

They didnt do it under the guise of canon or in relation to the movie, they specifically didnt due it for in game balance reasons.

Most likely because this is a game, played inside a cantina, that is inside the SW universe and the game play is very outside of canon or any storyline, which is why we can play with Darth Malak or Wat on the same team as Rey.

The use of tags in this fashion allows them to not have to make an even more complicated kit with a lot of caveats just to introduce a character.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    [...]For me it’s an absurd to gear up bad toons that are only good because of the leader.[...]

This is by far the biggest nonsense. Geonisian Brute Alpha made Geos great, Rey (Jedi Training) made Resistance meta back in the days, and now Mon Mothma and Jedi Knight Luke are doing the same for unused Rebels (that turned into Rebel Fighters) and Jedi. It is always the leader that makes the team viable.
    You just don't want to gear up toons that had no reworks or touchups because you want fresh and shiny new toys but this is completely on you. Change your thinking about that and you will have fun with them.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Is there ever going to be a chance that the stores are going to be updated with new toons within the past couple of years instead of when the game first came out?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is there ever going to be a chance that the stores are going to be updated with new toons within the past couple of years instead of when the game first came out?
    Sebek wrote: »
    Is there ever going to be a chance that the stores are going to be updated with new toons within the past couple of years instead of when the game first came out?

No, But there are Few Good Already for each Store. E.G. Zeb, Boba Fett, Nute Gunray, Paploo, Grevious, Vader

This.

The stores were locked in to allow for a progression, rather than hoarding in wait.

- early players get needed characters
    - early/mid players get characters and/or gear (shard shop)
    - late game players have a constant source of shard shop currency to keep gear coming in.

if they didn't lock them in, the gear in the shard shop would have always been a "choice", and some would have avoided spending to get shard shop currency due to hoarding for the next character to drop to X store. This change removed that choice and allows for an easier way to plan your resource management.
  • By raging at them is not going to help anything ever since this game came out many ragers out there were annoyed at cg they just going to ignore the attitude you make at them if you think about it carefully most games like clash of clans and other strategy mobile games out there are p2w p2p even f2p just let cg do whatever they want to do if they make the mistake game would of been shut down a loooong time ago but apparently its getting more popular for star wars fans out their yes it is pricey but what can you do most mobile games are like that from what i see although I don’t like spending i still did to focus only on 1-3 toons because of the pandemic you don’t know whats going to happen which is why i whaled but at this moment I don’t think we need reworks just let CG do what they think they have to do by ranting at them is not going to help anything mate.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Honestly, this is total garbage, adding Luke Skywalker from episode VI and putting him in the Jedi tab without any Rebel synergies. Does anyone have a phone number to call Capital Games, maybe an office phone number? I’d like to give them a piece of my mind and tell them what they’re missing for Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker.

I wouldn't do that. You need all the pieces you've got.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • D4n040798 wrote: »
    Honestly, this is total garbage, adding Luke Skywalker from episode VI and putting him in the Jedi tab without any Rebel synergies. Does anyone have a phone number to call Capital Games, maybe an office phone number? I’d like to give them a piece of my mind and tell them what they’re missing for Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker.
    So Karen over here wants to speak to the manager because their unreasonable demands aren't being met.... How original...
    Instead of terrorizing people who clearly have put much more time, thought, and effort into this that you, why don't you get some common decency. The force knows we'd all be better of then.
    Someone has to get the point across to them and if no one else does, then the responsibility falls on me.
    xf2dwdt5zc10.jpg
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Game reasons.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I’m not the one who needs common decency, CG needs it more than I do. There is no good balance with Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker if they don’t make him a Rebel just like in the movie, I want to tell them that what they did was a mistake and it really upset many players.

but the problem with what you are saying is that, there is good balance. in game balance. Please, please remember:

This is a game about a game, that is played inside a cantina, inside the SW Universe.

From the beginning the dev team has even discussed the non conical layout as the desired goal, being able to play characters fighting on the same team that either were not alive at the same time or possibly mortal enemies. This game has never and most likely will never be made to represent canon in many respects. From there we can see that they give characters roles and tags that fit the lore, but they will exclude or limit them for the purposes of in game balance.
    Even if it means upsetting many players by not meeting their expectations and causing them to quit?!?!? How is that a good thing for CG?!?!? Answer me that!!!

Judging by this thread, they are upsetting 2 players. 2. If that constitutes “many”, then...

My guess is that if you and the OP got so upset that you quit, the devs would view it as completely inconsequential
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    What if I'm not saying "no" but rather "I don't know the number."
    I’m very positive there are many more players than just 2 who are very upset, not just with Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, but also the road ahead! How is there good balance?!?!? People were left hanging wondering about the road ahead, and then what we got for Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, not a Galactic Legend, not a Rebel, only a Jedi, that is a big slap in the face!!! CG has lost their minds and they need a wake-up call, so I am telling you to give me the phone number so I can call them, NOW!!! And I am not taking no for an answer!!!
    Your exclamation mark to letter ratio is impressive.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    If you don’t know the number, find out what it is any way you can! I want to talk to CG right away!!!

dioyh1oamb7j.jpeg
    GIYF
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I’m farming the characters that are needed for Jedi Luke, but is really discouraging to know that he works better with other Jedi and only... Except with Revan, the only Jedi that are really good to combine with Luke is GAS, Jedi Knight Anakin, General Kenobi and Hermit Yoda (maybe also Yoda and Ahsoka). But that means that you have to “broke” other important teams, with Padmé, Clones and Jedi Revan, for example, to use Jedi Luke.
    If I really want to use Luke in Grand Arena or Territory War, than I have to “broke” these other strong teams. This doesn’t make any sense, CG...
    We all now that Luke in Episode VI is a Rebel to! So why he is not tagged as a Rebel? This should put more possibilities to make teams with him!
    Maybe a rework for Lando and Leia to combine with Luke, would be also perfect!
    Frankly, CG...

I argued with the Devs on the Rebel tag issue and when it came down to it, there was no real answer.
    I was told "game balance issue" but JKL would have a very game balance issue if he had synergy with all jedi, including Old Republic, so they purposefully excluded that synergy.

So there is no reason he couldn't have the Rebel tag and have similar Rebel toon exclusions based on certain versions of Han or Leia for example. Like I said, the Devs gave no real response to that point.