F2P GL Progress

Replies

• But no cap do you think i can do it this year?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    You have about 140 days. If you completely focus on it, you might do it before the year wraps. Your major shortcoming will be the various shards most of the seasoned f2p didn't have a problem with. This will cut down your gear farming budget.

If you decide to do it, my suggestion would be to only put on gear for one good fo squad and hoard for the rest until you are ready to unlock the event. Putting the gear on subpar toons before unlock effected us all, but at your low gp, those unnecessary bumps will hit you harder in gac competitiveness.
  • @Lumpawarump

Nice! Took me only 16-17 days to get 330 shards, and I slowed down after 9 days (by shifting from a 6-energy node to a Kyrotech node and skipping one energy refresh per day) because I was still short gear and didn't want to waste tickets.

So get yourself ready! I think I was only relic-3 when I had 110 tickets and decided to just go for it on tier-4. Help video strategy worked a treat. Now I'm done with both t4 and t5 and I'm waiting for my first shot at the ultimate battle.

Well, I'm 8 days in and I'm at 105/330 for GL Rey. went 8 for 8 on Tier 1, and 1 for 1 on Tier 2 so far (came close to losing Rey, but she recovered well). I was farming 8 energy nodes (just filling up on Holo Projectors to convert to relic salvage) but I'll probably shift to Kyrotech Shock Prods because I need so many.
  • 19xaf9vv1s28.png
    Free to Play. Almost there. Been going since probably February or March. Can’t really remember.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ok 1st attempt on rey tier 6. Regular mods, nothing special.

itolyn8dlmw5.jpg
    mcppo3g3jpw6.jpg

3star. Sooooo much easier than glkylo tier 6.

• ManInWhite wrote: »
    Have started playing SWGOH in 2016, farmed the original First Order squad (Phasma, FOST, Kylo, FOTP and FOO) to 7* and G8 before taking an extraordinary long break and eventually returning in January 2020. Decided to buy the Hyperdrive bundle in order to at least try to catch up, otherwise F2P. Farmed Hux, FOSFTP, KRU, FOE, ST and the gear for them as soon as they became available, all thanks to having a relatively undeveloped fleet shard where Finalizer reigns supreme (even with recently-appeared Negotiators and Malevolences it is fairly easy to beat them)

With what I got right now I'm thinking 3-4 months before being able to meet the requirements.kxc2iw4n4cda.jpg

Nice progress, having sith trooper really helps and he's versatile with both sith and FO. You're almost there with EP and having him and Vader Relic will be really nice.
  • But no cap do you think i can do it this year?

It all depends on how much you horde gear 12 finishers, GAC coins, and the shard shop or GET currency.

GET1: stun guns, relic salvage (holodisk pieces)
    GAC coins (G12 finisher pieces, nearly all of them are the same), g12 cuffs
    Shard shop: G12 furnaces, G12 cuffs

The quicker that you get those done will give you a better idea of the timeline and I'd recommend using SWGoH.gg for the tracker they have.

Best estimate 5 months minimum but that's being very conservative and you can easily improve it.
  • Don’t forget the droid caller pieces only available from the guild store. Hoard your guild store currency and only spend them on: Stun guns, MKV droid caller, and holo disks (for relic 5.)
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Also... spend your Catina energy on signal data nodes. You’ll need a lot of them to raise up the relic levels.
  • I have to finish the jka and gba farm there first
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    @khdelboy stun guns aren't available from the Guild Store.

And never have been.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

And never have been.

Then how am I able to buy them from the guild store?
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

And never have been.

Then how am I able to buy them from the guild store?

I am betting you mean the shard store. Or, perhaps even the guild EVENTS store.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Probably. But I’m positive that I got some from the guild store. But I’ll screenshot it the next time it pops up. Maybe it doesn’t?
  • 100% does not and never has.
  • Would you recommend me to stop the jka and gba farm anf go for relic stuff?i go all out for kylo rn.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/777675752/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Probably. But I’m positive that I got some from the guild store. But I’ll screenshot it the next time it pops up. Maybe it doesn’t?

Please do, because no one has ever been able to produce one, but also swear they are there.
  • GBA gets you Wat Tambor shards. To get those shards (and defeat the Acklay) you only need 2 Geonosians at Relic levels: GBA and Spy.

Your Padmé squad is also on the cusp of great things. You only need 2 characters are relic levels for that - Anakin and Padmé.

I'd go all out to finish up those squads rather than all out for Kylo right now.

When you say "Kylo" - I'm assuming you mean SLKR. If you set aside Padmé and Geos until SLKR is done, you've got these almost useful squads sitting around forever without quite getting there. I just don't think that's a good use of your resources.

After you finish those 4 characters, then you can bring along your first order toons. But honestly, with so many of your SLKR toons still at low star counts (Sith Trooper, General Hux, and FOSFTP are all merely two stars, with others only at 3 stars) saving up gear for when they finally hit 7* is only going to help your SLKR farm so much.

I don't think that the amount it helps would be equal to the benefit you get in the meantime of finishing two important squads with just 2 more characters each.

• AM2Rainman
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    GBA gets you Wat Tambor shards. To get those shards (and defeat the Acklay) you only need 2 Geonosians at Relic levels: GBA and Spy.

No, you don't. G12, correct modding and good tactics will do the job here. I'm sure those relics make it easier but they're not necessary.
    Edit: Reliably too. Several guides out there on this one. My personal go to for this is DBofficial
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE_DSfGt16c
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    GBA gets you Wat Tambor shards. To get those shards (and defeat the Acklay) you only need 2 Geonosians at Relic levels: GBA and Spy.

No, you don't. G12, correct modding and good tactics will do the job here. I'm sure those relics make it easier but they're not necessary.

It's very dependent on platoons filled on earlier stages.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Hortus wrote: »
    AM2Rainman wrote: »

It's very dependent on platoons filled on earlier stages.

Perhaps but that should be easy for any guild doing anything relevant on Geonosis.

I can confirm G12, modding, and tactics makes it pretty much foolproof for Wat. I think I've failed once since the start of Geo TB.

I've only tried the Acklay a few times but I beat it the one time I tried it after reading up on how to beat it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'll concede the Wat is easier than Acklay, but Relics are definitely needed to reliably beat Acklay.

I've no doubt that some people have done the Acklay with g12, but both timing and RNG play a huge role in making sure that you don't end up on the receiving end of multiple AoEs in a row from just-birthed Jedi. Also, the Jedi can choose to attack the Acklay, but they often attack your Geos, so RNG (and strategy, you want to taunt as little as possible with Sun Fac) matters there as well.

i don't know of anyone using all-g12 Geos beating the Acklay even 50% of the time over even as small a sample as 6 or 8 trials. Maybe there's someone out there, but I don't know of any. I've even lost on Acklay with my Geos 1 out of the last 8-10 tries.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Probably. But I’m positive that I got some from the guild store. But I’ll screenshot it the next time it pops up. Maybe it doesn’t?

Please do, because no one has ever been able to produce one, but also swear they are there.

I really like how your hunting these down. This is one of the biggest mysteries of swgoh. I have been following this story for years. It's like the Loch Ness Monster of this game.
  • Slow progress odyh95a7ea9a.jpg
  • Homestretch is taking forever. 1 piece to G13 ST, 2 to G13 Vet Han, and SFTP is two away from G12 but I have all the left side pieces saved.

On the plus side I crafted my first Kyro for SLKR. And completed my prep for his abilities:

mfyxtrr3wrfu.png
  • Weekly update. Finally got the one salvage needed for G13 ST.

Feels better seeing only this:
    mx2x2mtgzei4.png
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    x3e8nq8envur.png

Haven’t posted an update for ages. Just one more zeta, and 4 ultimate ability mats left to get.

I used Greedo’s XII gears to help me farm SLKR’s Gears after checking on SWGOH so got the materials already when grinding out the gears on the way to XII. As soon I got to it, i can relic to max 7 straightaway.

Farming a hell lot of carbinis for my sep team required for GAS helps a lot. Usually get 70 tickets in 3-4 days. Climbing up to 10-20 in squad arena helps a lot with the crystal rewards coming in at 200 per day.

Definitely NOT doing GL Rey anytime soon this year. Want to focus on getting GAS and JKL while at the same time relicing my Bounty Hunters and farming The Mandalorian/Greef.
  • To complete the tiers, do any of them need to be higher than the required Relic levels to unlock the event?