Vader Bug?

Lukeando93
67 posts Member
edited August 2020
This may have already been discussed but, I went up against a vader in arena with my jkr team. Vader killed jkr during merciless massacre and triggered saviour. I then got to take a turn on jkr reviving, marked vader and killed him before he could damage the rest of the team.

I thought he was buffed so that there were no bonus turns? Or is this deliberate that revived allies are no longer under merciless massacre?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• camper288
    211 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    If Darth Vader is under the Wat Tambor blast tech mod buff, all enemies defeated by the buff have no revival.

Death Trooper (someone who has imperial synergy) if you use his special to annihilate it also prevents revive or if you get the death mark and die, no unit, except the zombie nightsister can revive.

Rey, Supreme Leader Kylo, GS, Jango, Boba Fett, Mando and Darth Revan they all have some anti revive mechanics, if any of the above are involved there is a possibility.

However for Darth Revan, GS and SLKR this only happens when they are the leaders.
  • camper288 wrote: »
    If Darth Vader is under the Wat Tambor blast tech mod buff, all enemies defeated by the buff have no revival.

Saviour isn't a revive.
  • And did I say anything about the savior? No. the only hypothesis that comes to mind is that Vader received the Tambor buff, then defeated units cannot be revived, if this doubt is not resolved it is a case of a bug investigation.
  • Savior is just that: SAVES your Jedi! They don’t “revive” because they never died. Once a Jedi hits 1% health the first time, they immediately regen to 100% health and protection. They also take a bonus turn as soon as it triggers. For JKR to get this, he has to be in the leader slot.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • camper288 wrote: »
    And did I say anything about the savior? No. the only hypothesis that comes to mind is that Vader received the Tambor buff, then defeated units cannot be revived, if this doubt is not resolved it is a case of a bug investigation.

OP says JKR revives, which he didn't. And all you said in your post before you edited it was that the Weapon Tech prevents revives. And you are missing the point of the post regardless.

To the OP, Vader prevents bonus turns that are triggered by other units gaining bonus turns. JKA, and Malak get their bonus turns as they are triggered by other conditions. I believe that's why JKR gets his.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a current bonus turn mechanic Vader would block, though I'm sure others can correct me on that. Might just be future-proofing for an upcoming character.
  • OP, i think you got this wrong. Vader says that effects do not get triggered if they are based on a bonus turn, or a TM gain.

Saviour is triggered based on health, not on bonus turn. If a unit reaches 1 hp, the effect gets triggered, and the unit takes a bonus turn.

As of now, there should be a coinflip between Vader and the saved unit to determine the next turn. To me, this seems to be WAI.

Now that being said, one could argue that saviour is actually about gaining a bonus turn and everything else is tied to this effect. I for one would heavily disagree with this idea, but i have seen some very stupid arguments on this forum recently. If we accept this idea just for the lulz one could argue that savior, as a bonus turn based effect should not trigger while Vader having the merciless buff.

I think this is a twisted and incorrect idea, and savior is a health-based effect, and should trigger during the merciless massacre.
  • Just doublechecked it, and it says, that Vader's bonus turns do not trigger effects that are based on bonus turn.

It is even more obvious that Vader gaining a turn does not inflict damage and thus, cannot trigger saviour. Everything is WAI imo.
  • I think we have a platoon in DS geo TB that grants your enemies 5% TM whenever you gain TM. That TM gain probably should be denied.
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    OP, i think you got this wrong. Vader says that effects do not get triggered if they are based on a bonus turn, or a TM gain.

Saviour is triggered based on health, not on bonus turn. If a unit reaches 1 hp, the effect gets triggered, and the unit takes a bonus turn.

As of now, there should be a coinflip between Vader and the saved unit to determine the next turn. To me, this seems to be WAI.

Now that being said, one could argue that saviour is actually about gaining a bonus turn and everything else is tied to this effect. I for one would heavily disagree with this idea, but i have seen some very stupid arguments on this forum recently. If we accept this idea just for the lulz one could argue that savior, as a bonus turn based effect should not trigger while Vader having the merciless buff.

I think this is a twisted and incorrect idea, and savior is a health-based effect, and should trigger during the merciless massacre.

Wasn't as much questioning the saviour part more that jkr took a turn in the middle of vader doing his thing and let me use direct focus and effectively stopped it by killing him.

Cool if that's how the mechanics work, I just thought all bonus turns were prevented (not the saviour part) until the end of vader turn. Worked out in my favour so not a complaint just a question :)
  • Reading others it seems like I may have misunderstood the vader mechanic, must admit I've not got my empire geared well enough to have used him a lot and understood his new kit yet