550 posts Member
edited August 2020
Malevolence or Negotiator?
At 5 stars?
At 7?
On defense?
On offense?

Replies

• They’re actually pretty balanced. The normal Malevolence fleet has the advantage of not needing pilots for Vulture and Hyena. However, they both don’t add much until they’re both 7*. I went Malevolence, and my shard has pretty much a 50/50 split between the two.

Both win on offense. Both have about the same defense. I’m not entirely sure about Negotiator mirror matches, though.
  • I have both at 7* and I don’t do mirror matches any more. In my shard, you’re pretty much always up against people with identical stats, so you’re permanently at the mercy of the turn order RNG.

Negotiator v Malevolence win rate is incredibly close to 100%, any loss is due to stupidity on my part (not calling in Plo Koon as first reinforcement for example)

Malevolence v Negotiator is similar, though win rate probably more like 95%, especially against lineups with Rex.

Nothing “holds” on defence though, and there is currently no definitive fleet meta.
  • I have both at 7* and I don’t do mirror matches any more. In my shard, you’re pretty much always up against people with identical stats, so you’re permanently at the mercy of the turn order RNG.

Negotiator v Malevolence win rate is incredibly close to 100%, any loss is due to stupidity on my part (not calling in Plo Koon as first reinforcement for example)

Malevolence v Negotiator is similar, though win rate probably more like 95%, especially against lineups with Rex.

Nothing “holds” on defence though, and there is currently no definitive fleet meta.

My experience is similar - though by definition, that makes Negotiator ever so slightly better in that the AI can occasionally pull out a win if you leave it in defense.

Both at 5 stars with a fully developed fighter team can climb all the way to number 1 rank against maxed teams with you in control, though the Malevolence seems to to do so with fewer issues - so by that definition, Malevolence is slightly better...

Pick your poison, maybe not fall as far after payout, or have a slightly easier time during the climb.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    So let’s talk mirror matches. Since it’s better to not do a mirror match, that pushes me more towards Malevolence. Because my shard is 80% Negotiators and I see them exclusively on defense in GAC. Thoughts?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    So let’s talk mirror matches. Since it’s better to not do a mirror match, that pushes me more towards Malevolence. Because my shard is 80% Negotiators and I see them exclusively on defense in GAC. Thoughts?

Yes
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

seems reasonable, as long as your supporting cast is well geared.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »

Some friendly advice - the capital ship will not matter if you snipe people outside of your payout and turn your entire shard against you.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    As I believe that you’re in my Shard, is that supposed to be a personal message?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    if that is the way this conversation is going please take it to a private message, so this post can stay on topic.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Thanks Kyno. I really don’t know what he’s referencing, but it did seem personal. I hope he does message me, as I’m truly curious.