88 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    2isx5wpbsl4o.jpeg

Date of TW: 5/24/2020
    Your Guild’s GP: 249 m
    Opponent Guild’s GP: 282 m
    # of my guild members who joined: 50/50
    # of opposing guild members who joined: 43/50

They our score us in every area. We are constantly matched with guilds who have 30-40 mil more GP than us. Please make matchmaking better. How can my guild with 6 GL Reys bear a guild with 16...
  • Natetiffer
    290 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    we're a new guild, 4th TW, 3rd Mismatch. It actually puts the new guys off playing... We had to merge guilds because the previous guild quit due to so many of the recent changes...

will post the results of war but I can guess what it will look like!

0jn38p4jvw14.png

To be fair, probably 4 mismatches, just one of them went our way...
    Post edited by Natetiffer on
    This is the Way
  • As expected, well and truly beaten...
    This is the Way
  • And again 28m more than our guild...
    This is the Way
  • Zonder
    79 posts Member
    Natetiffer wrote: »
    we're a new guild, 4th TW, 3rd Mismatch. It actually puts the new guys off playing... We had to merge guilds because the previous guild quit due to so many of the recent changes...

will post the results of war but I can guess what it will look like!

0jn38p4jvw14.png

To be fair, probably 4 mismatches, just one of them went our way...

A guild's total GP is not considered. Only of those who join

• MorganFreeman
    196 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    o30qdlv8zac0.jpg

Don't even need to look at the opponent stats. When your guild has fully signed up and you only have to set 20 per base...you've been sandbagged.
    This is the only mode in the game I still enjoy playing and it gets periodically ruined by guilds playing the system.

Match guilds by amount of players signed up on top of the total GP signed up. Make matchmaking longer to accommodate.

At least trial something. It isn't a new complaint.
    Post edited by MorganFreeman on
  • Don’t know if this is the correct place to post this but is anyone else having a problem with the new tie bomber? As in can’t use in TW (no ship image)
  • Theres a huge prob with match making. Huge problem
  • Svephen
    11 posts Member
    Our worst matchmake to date, and partially the reason why I'm leaving my guild because I'm fed up of dealing with this sort of nonsense.

Date of TW: 24/06/2020
    Your Guild’s GP: 182m
    Opposing team’s GP: 245m
    # of my guild members who joined: 49
    # of opposing guild members who joined: 36

They have 3 GL Reys and 2 SLKRs and yes those who had them did indeed join.

0d0it9fr2b9m.png
  • I left my guild thinking it was the roaming mercs who mess up the match making. I dont know whats going on but somethings messed up.
  • I left my guild thinking it was the roaming mercs who mess up the match making. I dont know whats going on but somethings messed up.

The issue is with the matchmaking. People who are 220M+ guild will only allow 35-40 to join up which matches them with 160-180M guilds. The people who join tend to have GLs which is something others don't have. Rosters are generally more focused with priority on meta teams. Spoils the fun for the mid-range guilds trying to build up.
  • We are regularly getting matched against guilds much stronger than us. This has been an ongoing issue since they "fixed" the Territory War match-making a year or so back. This is not fun when we rarely have a chance at winning. My guild is VIII. Our current opponent is the guild on the right in the screenshot. We've been CG'd

dgacv0lnkgcm.png
  • Svephen wrote: »
    I left my guild thinking it was the roaming mercs who mess up the match making. I dont know whats going on but somethings messed up.

The issue is with the matchmaking. People who are 220M+ guild will only allow 35-40 to join up which matches them with 160-180M guilds. The people who join tend to have GLs which is something others don't have. Rosters are generally more focused with priority on meta teams. Spoils the fun for the mid-range guilds trying to build up.
    You’re being way too general with your claim.

This is not happening in every 220M+ guild. Not even a majority of them.
  • Date of TW: Sunday 12th July 2020.
    Your Guild’s GP: 205m
    Opposing team’s GP: 240m
    # of my guild members who joined: 50
    # of opposing guild members who joined: 47

We have 1 Galactic Legend.
    Enemy guild have 12....
  • Weve just been annihilated by a team with 5 GL in their front lines.

We have none.

We didnt even break through, and they cleared all bar 2 territories.

I genuinely cannot remember the last time our guild won a TW. And we're not bad - 180mil gp, plenty of decent relics.

Seriously, when are you gonna sort the matchmaking out so it's a fair system? Cos our members are starting to get to the point where they wanna quit.
    Clearly this crap has been going on for a long time, yet youd rather make certain toons look a bit better, or bring new ones in.
    Priorities?

Fix the **** that is broken.
  • Just adding to this thread July 24th TW my guild is at 215 M GP (rewards put us at 208M GP) we had 47 people join vs a 248 M GP guild that only had 40 people join (10 people sitting out a tw sounds planned). So at the current matchup we average 4.4M GP per player vs a guild that averages 5.2M per player, that would be equivalent of putting a guild of division 1 GAC opponents vs a guild of division 2 which isn't a fair chance.

Objection! Speculation.
  • Today's tw is another landslide against my guild. This happens to us every single time. Indont understand how one guild can always be on the short side of this unless it is intentional.

cx0zhyh7lxi8.jpg
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Just adding to this thread July 24th TW my guild is at 215 M GP (rewards put us at 208M GP) we had 47 people join vs a 248 M GP guild that only had 40 people join (10 people sitting out a tw sounds planned). So at the current matchup we average 4.4M GP per player vs a guild that averages 5.2M per player, that would be equivalent of putting a guild of division 1 GAC opponents vs a guild of division 2 which isn't a fair chance.

Objection! Speculation.

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Beef
    39 posts Member
    Us = Bobasberserkers
    GP = 124 mil
    Opponent= Fist full of Wookie
    GP= 153 mil
    I believe we had 33 joined in out guild .
    Not sure of thiers.
    They had many relic characters and legendary.
    Was on July 25 2020 .
    2zztu97yvxbd.png

• Date of TW : 8/11/2020

Opposing Guilde has 19 GL (16 Ults) , my guild has 1 (0 Ults)

How is that a good match making?

642pemxfovh1.jpg
  • Date of TW: 8/10/20
    Your Guild’s GP: 264m
    Opponent Guild’s GP: 298m
    # of my guild members who joined: 50/50
    # of opposing guild members who joined: 43/50
  • This sort of match is pretty normal for us as we are just over 180M GP and actively encourage everyone to participate primarily because the difference in rewards between winning and losing isn't that great and the addition of GET2 when over 180M is a nice bonus.

ajgb1cmcdflz.jpg

All our members joined and only 38 of theirs joined with our average player GP being just over 3.9M and theirs being just under 4.9M. Aside from the GL difference, we have 3 GAS of which one is R7 and they have 25 GAS with 13 being R7.

Leaving out the GL/GAS differences (or any particular team for that matter) out of the equation as I definitely do not think that any matching should try to take in roster differences for individuals or guilds to that level of specificity. But, a 25% difference in average GP for the competing rosters seems to be something that should be taken into account.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • We are a mostly FTP guild who is getting matched with GLs. Put GLs into their own bubble. We should never face one. They were a terrible idea and you devs should have never implemented them. None of us wanted something like that. I don't want to play game modes where someone who pays $40,000 for a game character guarantees the win repeatedly. The matchmaking sucks. Fix it. Again, I cannot emphasize this enough, guilds with GLs should only ever face guilds with GLs and no one else. The rest of your player base does not want GLs or does not want to encounter them because they're effing stupid. Terrible idea.
  • @CG_SBCrumb

Can you please change TW matchmaking to have a setting to match for GP (as it does already) + *number of players registered* per guild. The system knows this already as it has max toons per sector, would be such a simple and easy fix to stop this sort of problem:

My guild (NLGC) 260M GP vs dagobah Pirates 295M GP
    Toons per sector 22 (so they’re in with 43-44 players)
    20 GLs vs 40 GLs
    8 ultimates vs 35 ultimates
    G13 1764 vs 2654
    R7 351 vs 734

rtzca27a7pwu.jpeg
    lwdbwjofpph6.jpeg
    f86vjoobnaq3.jpeg
  • TW now a genuine off-putting feature because the MM is so broken, lowering morale and making people simply not bother or lose interest
    Clearly this is an issue way beyond the devs abilities judging from how long it's been going on
    If you can't fix it then admit it's broken and scrap it!
  • Zintare
    179 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Well, this is fun. TW Our GP 71Mil Opponent GP 115 Mil. GLs 0 for us, 3 for them. This is the third TW like this in a row for us. You need to fix this.