Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Prev13456747
Bashfull011
4 posts Member
edited August 2020
Haven’t got the update yet. Is it a problem with my game or is it just not out yet???
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Haven’t got the update yet. Is it a problem with my game or is it just not out yet???
  • Not out yet. Nothing to worry about.
  • Ok thanks
  • Do u know when it’s out??
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Patience padwan, and try not to post the same topic twice.
  • Yh I don’t know y it did that
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    They typically update around 3:30 PST. Ill ask though.
  • yankeeh8er
    604 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    The last few updates have been in the app store around 5pm est so that would be my guess.
  • Do u know when it’s out??

My guess is that for me (European time zone) it'll hit 22:15 GMT. But again, that's a guess.
  • First part of the update is out in the Apple Store. I downloaded it. My guild mate said the first part was in the google store as well.

If it says open just click the banner to take you to the full game page in the store.
  • Yea, the manual app update is available in the store. The forced update will go live later today. If you download the app manually you will just get the GC update pushed later when you open the app. If you don't manually do it then you will be redirected to the store and to download it before getting the rest of the update which will include the bug fixes and GC they mentioned.

As for the time, like others I am not sure, but I am actually excited for this because we really don't know much about it yet so I am trying not to be negative about it before it launches lol
  • KueChael wrote: »
    They typically update around 3:30 PST. Ill ask though.

I don't see them departing from that schedule. Wish it was sooner, but that is because I'm looking forward to it.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    The plan is still the schedule. 3:15 pacific (barring unforeseen changes.)
  • KueChael wrote: »
    The plan is still the schedule. 3:15 pacific (barring unforeseen changes.)

Thanks for checking. I wonder if they'd release the update post?
  • Always wondered what time the developers were on - for anyone in UK, I think this is 22:15 GMT - so for us it will be 23:15.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    FofoBett wrote: »
    Always wondered what time the developers were on - for anyone in UK, I think this is 22:15 GMT - so for us it will be 23:15.

PDT currently (or PST)
    California (GMT-7)
  • I'm going to start a game to see how many times @Kyno can say PDT, California, or GMT-7. As of now my count is 4. Take it away!
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    FofoBett wrote: »
    Always wondered what time the developers were on - for anyone in UK, I think this is 22:15 GMT - so for us it will be 23:15.

PDT currently (or PST)
    California (GMT-7)

If i were you, i would just start copy and pasting the replies. You'll need them for the next hour or so
  • Where the heck are the update notes? Seriously why do we have to wait until they've already released the update to see what's coming? They don't already have the details finalized yet?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Where the heck are the update notes? Seriously why do we have to wait until they've already released the update to see what's coming? They don't already have the details finalized yet?

It's pretty standard communication strategy in tech. They prep the release notes ahead of time but if something goes wrong and they need to withhold a certain thing and release the rest, they can and you won't ever know what was withheld.
  • For us europeans this sucks bad.. almost midnight and still no update...
  • All of the updates have been released at this time, why are so many people complaining all of sudden?
  • Potato211 wrote: »
    All of the updates have been released at this time, why are so many people complaining all of sudden?

Only recently. It havent always been this late. Earlier on it was waaaay earlier in the day that the events came out
  • ZeeJay wrote: »
    Potato211 wrote: »
    All of the updates have been released at this time, why are so many people complaining all of sudden?

Only recently. It havent always been this late. Earlier on it was waaaay earlier in the day that the events came out

So you are up in arms for a single time?
  • Lio wrote: »
    Where the heck are the update notes? Seriously why do we have to wait until they've already released the update to see what's coming? They don't already have the details finalized yet?

It's pretty standard communication strategy in tech. They prep the release notes ahead of time but if something goes wrong and they need to withhold a certain thing and release the rest, they can and you won't ever know what was withheld.

Which speaks poorly of them, what is going to go wrong at this point? Whatever it is that would be experienced by the players AFTER the update is live. Besides they're comfortable as it is living with the huge number of bugs currently in the game already
    ZeeJay wrote: »

So you are up in arms for a single time?

If Europeans get an event that finishes at our daily refresh (1hr 45mins after scheduled update for me) much much later than people in the US, that’s not good enough. And it wouldn’t be the first time.

For a frame of reference, remember when they had additional daily challenges for a short spell, and they turned them off BEFORE most US players had done their challenges that day? Imagine that, but with aluminium spelled correctly
  • Finally LOL
    ceh7rejr84nz.png

• 7drHiqr.gif

Brace yourselves, all the "Galactic Challanges suchks" threads are coming.

And guess what? They’re terrible - autoable - but you don’t get anything worthwhile unless you have five of the right toons at R5.
  • BryGuy2k wrote: »

And guess what? They’re terrible - autoable - but you don’t get anything worthwhile unless you have five of the right toons at R5.

Yep. I started a thread with this very complaint. Terrible design based on rewards. It could be fun, it the reward walls make it not worth it.