Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• NS4Life1979
    71 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Stenun wrote: »
    I've tried every Sith Leader (except Traya whom I don't have) and the only one who seems to make any difference at all is Revan and his Leadership only applies to two characters.
    So where's the strategy that I thought this was supposed to be about?

Yes, I even tried Savage Oppress.

Try Vader if you have him levelled up to R5+ - not saying it will work all the time, but that is how i cleared it.

Vader, EP, DR, DM and BSF was the team i ran. For the final level i ran with Sith Empire Trooper R5 though, to take the brunt of the first barrage.

But yes the rewards are diabolical..
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Yep thats what i expected. Garbage rewarda that arent worth leveling up your characters to get all the feats.

I can do all but the last 3 tier's dont lose a unit feat. And that is not worth investing a single piece of salvage into a relic level to get the reward.

Laughable.

Glad this didnt take 4 months to put out
  • ArdenPulsar
    372 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Leveling up and relicing the characters for the feats aren't even worth the rewards.
    Even if they reset this event everyday it's still not worth playing.
    Even if they upped the rewards it's still boring and feels like the same ole stuff we already have. It's galactic war all over again only fighting the same team repeatedly.
    Get your act together CG. You can only fall back on "it's Star wars" for so long.
  • Something closer to dark dimensions in marvel strike force but Less tedious than in that game would have been awesome
  • I like the idea of the event but seems pointless since they locked the rewards behind an arbitrary gear level. If I can beat it with the required team at lower gear levels why am I being penalized. I was excited for this but now don’t care about the rest cause I’m basically not gonna qualify for most of the rewards
  • ... just wait until the "players must use Tusken Raiders" Galactic Challenge, then we'll all miss these glory days ...
  • Tatooine:
    • Luke grew up there
    • Old Ben spent over 15 years there
    • HS and Chewbacca were frequent visitors
    • C3PO was made there

So why are we supposed to use Sith????
  • It has the difficulty level matched just right.

Now I can take my low characters into battle and test them out!

I think this is a good thing to start with!

Keep it up!
  • Here have a kool aid
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    The Relic 5 reward lock out is a joke. The only things worth getting and you've got it locked behind that.

Get a grip CG we aren't all simping to your twerk
  • No... not at all... GC is very underwhelming. It’s absolutely terrible.
  • Hiding behind an excuse of this is a "test run". To hit this far off the mark in your test run shows that you have no idea what your community wants from you.

You have had two years worth of ideas, feedback and criticism from these forums and this is what you produce. Maybe if the rewards were slightly worse than what they should have been then you could of hidden behind a pathetic excuse. Two carbantis? No stun guns?

You have no interest in giving the community what they want in terms of rewards.

You have no interest in providing us with content we have BEGGED you for over the past few years.

You have no interest in making the game accessible for any new players. For a company all about money dropping an event locked behind relic requirements is absolutely insane. Who is running things? You're furthering the gap between veteran and new players. This may be smart in your eyes to make people pay more to catch up but there will be a point when you ask too much of newer players.

Here's to hoping EA completely wipes CG and starts intervening.
  • Trash.....expected nothing else
  • Potato211 wrote: »
    7drHiqr.gif

Brace yourselves, all the "Galactic Challanges suchks" threads are coming.

Aww that didn't age well you even predicted your own reaction. You're not wrong the mode sucks.
  • Stenun wrote: »
    ... just wait until the "players must use Tusken Raiders" Galactic Challenge, then we'll all miss these glory days ...

VcEJETM.png
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • TCS
    34 posts Member
    You don't get to decide if they, or anyone else, enjoys GC. Just because you and some other people don't like it doesn't mean it is terrible.

Glad OP likes it and I hope a lot of other people do too.
  • For everyone reading this is just a trial run. Now is the time to discuss what needs to change Instead of telling CG they are trash. Help them know what we want.

1. The rewards are horrible. There are literally gear 1 pieces for the last tier. We need stun guns, zetas, carbantis, Relic materials, and most of those rewards should be given as you complete it instead of feats. Feats are nice and should contain better quantity and quality rewards.

2. It would be nice to have an “off” button to be able to play against the enemy teams without the buffs and debuffs for like a practice mode. This is pretty close to a sandbox mode and would be amazing to practice with my padme team against a legitimate GG team (non GC buff). I don’t think we should be able to get rewards for this.

3. The event itself is extremely easy. I can go in with below relic 5 characters for last tier and beat it no problem. Could be because Sith are OP so it might be different with other challenges.

4. I think 7 days is way to long. I beat the whole event within 10 minutes. 2 days sounds much better in my opinion unless difficulty is changed which require for us to try many more times resulting in needing more time such as the GAS, C3PO, and Chewy event.

5. Now time for positive stuff. I like that it is not waves and is just one battle almost like arena, that should stay. I like the different tiers which makes it more accessible to a variety of players. I like that I can use any team that I want even if it recommends a certain faction.

This game mode has a lot of potential and I hope CG that you will give the players what they are asking for.
  • Why are we fighting Separatists
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Sure glad we waited over 9 months for this...total embarrassment. Either the beta testers are really bad, or CG just doesnt listen to feedback...Im betting on CG's closed ears.
  • I like it.
    I don't play it because of the rewards, they are just a little bonus.
    content
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Lozsta wrote: »
    Potato211 wrote: »
    7drHiqr.gif

Brace yourselves, all the "Galactic Challanges suchks" threads are coming.

Aww that didn't age well you even predicted your own reaction. You're not wrong the mode sucks.

I'll ate my own words fed by myself. That's what i get for putting a bit of trust on them
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Sure glad we waited over 9 months for this...total embarrassment. Either the beta testers are really bad, or CG just doesnt listen to feedback...Im betting on CG's closed ears.

CG: "lol whats a beta tester?".
  • You liked mini LS Geo TB?
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    You liked mini LS Geo TB?

thats what I said ;).
    in fact, I like ls geo tb
  • Im not much of a poster but I had to log on so I could leave a scathing review about your galactic challenges. Is this what you’ve been working on this whole time? All you did was slap a different skin onto a marquee event. You’ve put no effort into this at all, it’s just another assault battle type event that is gear walled and designed to make ppl spend more money in order to get the rewards. Just like everything in the game these days. You used to be able to challenge yourself and undergear the events in this game and we were all taught to keep a slim roster, now you just have to be a fat whale and have everything Relic 5 to get the rewards??? This whole “gear everything to r3-r5” narrative is getting really lame. Do it for GLs but please stop doing it for absolutely everything. Huge let down, waited along time to see something new and exciting and now I’m going to be told to wait 6 months whilst you make it better, clowns.
  • This actually can be used as a "kind of" sand box mode. Any team you want vs the team they set up.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Tatooine:
    • Luke grew up there
    • Old Ben spent over 15 years there
    • HS and Chewbacca were frequent visitors
    • C3PO was made there

So why are we supposed to use Sith????

Darth maul was first seen by the jedi there