Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• It has promise, but as this horse has already been beaten to death, and I understand that this is just a trial run meant to acquire feedback and data, the rewards are hardly worth the effort. My hope is that the rewards are improved to more so match the tier and expected minimum gear or relic level for said tiers, and perhaps a new store opens for this that provides another source of gear and/or character shards.
  • Terrible Rewards!

Where are the stun guns and stun cuffs? You know CG those are the **** bottleneck until G12.
    Also what is the incentive to gear a character to R5 to only get 5 kyro? I can get more by farming in one day.

At least the event is not 8 waves.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Tatooine:
    • Luke grew up there
    • Old Ben spent over 15 years there
    • HS and Chewbacca were frequent visitors
    • C3PO was made there

So why are we supposed to use Sith????

Darth maul was first seen by the jedi there

Then why are we fighting Seps?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Potato211 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Tatooine:
    • Luke grew up there
    • C3PO was made there

Most likely because ita a game, but I'm just guessing there.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Tatooine:
    • Luke grew up there
    • C3PO was made there

To the dump with the "Themed battles" then.
    pwz1nvyapemu.png
  • It’s not too bad but here are my problems. I don’t like the un-canonness of it. I know the whole games not canon, but couldn’t they have done Rebels vs. Empire on Tatooine compared to Sith vs. Separatists. Also the Gear Requirement feats are stupid. Who has exactly 5 G9 Siths. Can’t it be G9+? Also the jump from level 4 -> 5 stinks. They should make a level in between. Instead the last 2 levels are nearly impossible unless you have a R7 Supreme Leader Kylo or Malak. That should only be the last level. Lastly, the rewards are a little goofy. But at least it’s something more in the game. Hopefully this is just the initial launch and they improve it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Tatooine:
    • Luke grew up there
    • C3PO was made there

To the dump with the "Themed battles" then.

Where did they say themed battles?
  • Meaningful rewards are only obtained by people that already have a relic DR team. The rest of the player base get rewards that are only needed by low toons.

This is not a stepping stone to alleviate the gear crunch. The rich get richer.

Very poor game design
  • The biggest thing for me is that there is nothing new. Well, except the menu to get into the fights. What have they developed during all that time? Seriously, that's the type of work i would give an intern.
  • Indoril
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Why is it that you have to already have the gear it rewards to get the gear it rewards? The rewards should be helping you get what you need for the next Tier. Basically the rewards are next to useless and do absolutely nothing to solve any of the gear crunch. Let's not even mention the 1 and 3 character shards that really don't even help for shard shop.
  • Requiring high level relics for reasonably good rewards from this event is a **** terrible idea. Fire whoever thought of it, and for the love of god, please make it more ftp friendly. We understand that you need to make money, and there are going to be gear crunches that encourage spending, but really? This is the best you could do? I was this close to finally buying the hyperdrive bundle, thinking you were actually listening to the player base for once, but jesus **** this is so far from what we wanted...will you actually listen this time? Probably not. I don't know why I keep holding out some hope that you'll actually make decisions that benefit ftp players, or even players who spend a little here and there.
    Galactic challenges as released are just another cash grab, as evidenced by the multiple bundles released for the faction of the week. Easy solution: stop tying the good rewards to having a full team of relic-ed toons. There are plenty of interesting feats you could come up with that are more interesting than 'spend a lot of money to relic 5 characters of this specific faction', which is what the lucrative feats are right now. Again, I know you need to make money, but this is a bit much.

Other feedback, that might actually be received:
    -3-ish days should be enough for most people to complete the parts of the event that they're able to.
    -Make completion rewards more valuable
    -Tie lucrative rewards to more interesting feats, not just 'I have this whole faction relic-ed', which is currently the case.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Indoril wrote: »
    Why is it that you have to already have the gear it rewards to get the gear it rewards? The rewards should be helping you get what you need for the next Tier.

This is being discussed in the rewards thread, since we have over 200 characters, the reward here can be seen as a farming spot to help gear up the rest of our roster to a point, not necessarily the place to farm gear to get to the next tier in this event.

Also this is not the final iteration, so rewards mat change.
  • I was hoping for feats that would make the same battle interesting...like win with 3 Tuscans or win without a leader ability.
    Instead we get...have all 5 Sith at R5.
    Disappointing. Shameless? Are they even trying?
  • I can beat all tiers but all my siths aren't relic 5 so no rewards??? Come on...
    So It's just a Gear check, no skills needed
  • Those were my initial thoughts. I also didn’t love how the rewards were displayed-it looked like you would get that for beating it and feats were extra. I guess I am fine now that I know but it felt deceptive.

The things I liked: a handful of shards (even though I don’t need them), something extra to do, the last few feats I can get don’t offer enough to entice me to do any extra gearing or relic-ing. Also...The separatists in tattooine?
  • Can’t believe we waited months for these events. The rewards are terrible and the event itself is just a rehash of the Challenge Tiers. Someone at CG needs to go look at their life choices, because you are not giving the community new exciting content.
  • i feel like we got duped. this was what they spent months on? seems like a galactic lie
  • Yeah this was terrible. I can't believe I was excited for this. I don't have a single team that can clear tier 7. All these years playing I can't believe I don't have one good team. What relic level is wat? I go in and hit him with everything I can and it takes so much to kill him. I want that wat.
  • Yeah boring, and rewards at the moment are not worth the time. So basically there is nothing to get excited about at all. Tbh I’d be happier with them adding challenge tiers to one of the assault battles that don’t have them yet.
  • So, Galactic Challenges came out and... well, people are already ****. I've taken the time to see through footage that's been already posted and explore the gamemode myself, and here is everything I have both found and have to say for myself.

1. The tier system should be locked behind previous tier completions, like with literally every other tier-based game mode. This is a consistency issue, as well as making the gamemode and it's Gameplay experience much shorter and less worth the progression.

I suggest that this should simply be reprimanded by letting tiers be unlocked one by one. That way, people can not only enjoy playing this for more than 10 minutes on one difficulty tier, but it gives them the opportunity to grow a feeling to the difficulty scaling and better, and easier, access where they currently lie, as well as give an incentive to continuously try the next difficulty level while progressively gearing their toons to try and find minimal requirements ontop of different strategies.

2. There are literally 0 rewards for repeated gameplay, meaning this event, which was said to offer you to "do something every day" is a one-and-done mode which will now decorate my events tab for the remaining 6 days and 22 hours, assuming the Feat rewards don't reset every day.

Simple fix: Give rewards for repeated completions that are worth the completion, but maybe something not too rewarding to give an incentive to repeat the fights. People wouldn't mind the grind if it meant it was worth it.

3. The rewards shouldn't be gated behind relics. Furthermore, gating all rewards behind achievements was already bad as is, but the rewards are downright horrible, and the harder achievements are way less rewarding than the stat check one, which is counter-productive to a fun experience.

For this, you should maybe not gate rewards behind relics, but still give an incentive for people to invest into relics by increasing the rewards or giving an additional bonus if they do have the required gear levels that the mode demands. Furthemore, the more difficult feats should have more and higher grade rewards than the Relic stat check, not the literally worst out of them all.

4. The difficulty scaling was honestly fine, but I feel like you went a little easy on the team composition that was offered as the enemy. We all know that Grievous opperates differently with different Separatist Line-ups and having a non-sep droid in there that isn't Wat is a massive nerf to his strength as the opposing party.

For this, I suggest that, at least for the last tier, maybe add an additional tier increase where the difficulty is the same, but other Separatist Droids are installed into the enemy team. The highest Tier difficulty, if memory serves me right, is Tier 7. You could add a Tier 8 where you replace Poggle with B2 and a Tier 9 where you have a B1 instead of the Sniper Droid in there, which would be the truly maximized Grievous Synergy team that there is, and with the difficulty it offers, it would truly be a hard challenge for people to test.

Right now, this event is just another relic statcheck ontop of a one-trick pony event. It not only failed to achieve what is promised, it is the actual antithesis to the promised claims and that is very counter-productive to the goals that you were aiming for. I hope this post will help at least get some ideas on the table to improve future Galactic Challenges. The idea was very good, but the execution was poor, but I see no reason to bash CG for this because they did say that the first roll-out would be a "test" to get a feel on it and collect feedback for improvement, so this is me contributing with my feedback.
  • 1) rewards need to get better. Seems like that is a common complaint amongst the majority. I didn’t get very far in mine since my Sith are not very good, but none of the rewards would help me grow my roster in any feasible way.
    2) if there is not going to be any waves like Assault Battles, then maybe have at least different team comps to face in each tier? I think that would break up the monotony of each tier.
    3) 7 days seems too long. If we saw a rotation of 2 days each, I think that would suffice.
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Tatooine:
    • Luke grew up there
    • C3PO was made there

Anakin liked to build droids?

Also glrey can easily take that dont lose a character feat all the way through the last tier....
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Haha you were all saying blitz is garbage and bad, well look here, this galactic challenges is 20x worse

loool, I started playing msf again (after I stopped for a year) a few weeks ago and I absolutely disagree.

I have realized how good and f2p friendly swgoh is in comparison to msf.

blitz is the most stupid thing I have ever seen, galactic challenges are miles better
  • This new mode makes me ashamed to have had some hope that CG would do right by the community that made them 1 billion dollars. 1 billion dollars got us this? Almost all the gear that people will be getting is for gear 1-6. Gear 12 characters needed for white and blue gear? The rewards are an insult. A straight up middle finger to the community. It makes me wish this game had died in 2016 when it started so we couldn't give them all that money. It can't possibly be stated how pathetic this is CG. While I wont quit because of my friends in this game, and the community surrounding it, I sympathize with anyone who does quit. There is no one left in charge at CG that cares at all about the life blood of the game. The fans and players.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Indoril wrote: »
    Why is it that you have to already have the gear it rewards to get the gear it rewards? The rewards should be helping you get what you need for the next Tier.

This is being discussed in the rewards thread, since we have over 200 characters, the reward here can be seen as a farming spot to help gear up the rest of our roster to a point, not necessarily the place to farm gear to get to the next tier in this event.

Also this is not the final iteration, so rewards mat change.

Kyno ... in general I appreciate your calm attitude and general positive attitude towards the game ... but really, we have over 200 characters (true) but many of us have 1000s of some of the gear being given out at **lvl 6** ... that's just unacceptable

This is NOT acceptable even for a "first" iteration (which it's not) ... this a simplified version of the challenge tiers ... with more constraints to block the good rewards

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I personally expected more strategy related feats or tiers. Right now it’s just another way to test against a slightly worse Grievous team with pumped up stats. I would love to utilize the special effects to complete specific situations strategically.

And the rewards! The rewards are miserable! I can’t beat Tier 5, but I don’t even care because the rewards would hardly benefit me! You literally locked the best rewards behind needing Relicd sith. Please don’t make this another reward mistake.
  • I just realized that it says "bonuses for sith" ... what a joke ... those rewards are the bonus?!? The rest are more or less crap.