Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Indoril wrote: »
    Why is it that you have to already have the gear it rewards to get the gear it rewards? The rewards should be helping you get what you need for the next Tier.

This is being discussed in the rewards thread, since we have over 200 characters, the reward here can be seen as a farming spot to help gear up the rest of our roster to a point, not necessarily the place to farm gear to get to the next tier in this event.

Also this is not the final iteration, so rewards mat change.

Kyno ... in general I appreciate your calm attitude and general positive attitude towards the game ... but really, we have over 200 characters (true) but many of us have 1000s of some of the gear being given out at **lvl 6** ... that's just unacceptable

This is NOT acceptable even for a "first" iteration (which it's not) ... this a simplified version of the challenge tiers ... with more constraints to block the good rewards

From things they have said, they never want to "take away" rewards. Since they don't exactly know the frequency, I am assuming they didnt want to start high and risk it coming down.

I know that's not a comforting feeling but its likely true. Feedback helps and in the end we may end up with a decent event and rewards, but we will have to wade through this to even see what it will turn into.
  • 1) requiring relic 5 is garbage
    2) the rewards are hot garbage. Infinitely worse garbage than the relic requirement.
    3) the environments are the same as everything else? WTH?
    4) increase the frequency. Especially if you don't increase the rewards. I have no reason to use this mode for mk1 stun guns once per week. What were you thinking? This is ****. Why would I even play it?
    5) there are many potentials with this mode and I'm optimistic if you take literally everyone's feedback that the relics are garbage and the rewards are hot garbage. I can't emphasize it enough... mk1 stun guns? What were you thinking? Are you mentally ill?
    6) just in case I didn't get the point across. mk1 stun guns????? Did you take a strong blow to the head?
  • MedicOzMosis
    13 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Mk1 stun guns????
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Why is it that you have to already have the gear it rewards to get the gear it rewards? The rewards should be helping you get what you need for the next Tier.

This is being discussed in the rewards thread, since we have over 200 characters, the reward here can be seen as a farming spot to help gear up the rest of our roster to a point, not necessarily the place to farm gear to get to the next tier in this event.

Kyno ... in general I appreciate your calm attitude and general positive attitude towards the game ... but really, we have over 200 characters (true) but many of us have 1000s of some of the gear being given out at **lvl 6** ... that's just unacceptable

This is NOT acceptable even for a "first" iteration (which it's not) ... this a simplified version of the challenge tiers ... with more constraints to block the good rewards

From things they have said, they never want to "take away" rewards. Since they don't exactly know the frequency, I am assuming they didnt want to start high and risk it coming down.

I know that's not a comforting feeling but its likely true. Feedback helps and in the end we may end up with a decent event and rewards, but we will have to wade through this to even see what it will turn into.

That just begs the question of how can they not understand appropriate rewards for the tiers. Do the people who make the game actually play it?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Monomer wrote: »

That just begs the question of how can they not understand appropriate rewards for the tiers. Do the people who make the game actually play it?

Lol no they clearly dont
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Monomer wrote: »

For economic balance the rewards would be different if it was 2 days vs 7. I think they wanted to set it up more to give us something to play. So the timeline is one of the important factors, then they will balance the rewards off that.
  • Completely underwhelming. It gives me something to do for 5-10 minutes and whatever I can get done I’ll gladly take but it’s not something I’m going to make any effort to give the way it’s tuned
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    This is some sort of mini sandbox mode with minor benefits, nothing else. Stop seeing this as a rewarding mode but a test chamber and you'll be fine.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Lemme tell ya hwut's gonna happen with these:

1. People will **** and moan and gripe that the rewards are bad and the event only takes a few minutes to complete and blah blah blah
    2. CG will change basically nothing and make them a regular event, and people will just accept it like they always do
    3. Then everyone will go back to their usual asinine complaints that "the game isn't consistent with lore" or "Nest is OP" or whatever, until the next new thing arrives, which they will also hate, no matter how good it is.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I feel punished for over-gearing characters since they don’t seem to count towards rewards. Maybe change it to “at least gear whatever” and be able to get all rewards below the highest tier completed - like omega battles.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I feel punished for over-gearing characters since they don’t seem to count towards rewards. Maybe change it to “at least gear whatever” and be able to get all rewards below the highest tier completed - like omega battles.

I played all tiers with R5 + R7 toons and they counted for everything so it's "Use gear X (or higher)".
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Jake0000
    30 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    We're all in the same frame of mind with how this new "gamemode" went. I just want to know everything people would change about it and how we can make it more enjoyable. If we don't want this to get swept away and forgotten then I suggest we start voicing some new ideas.

Rewards: Stun guns are a big desire. I go from getting g12+ gear and making an entire team G13 to then getting stuck at G9/10/11 because of the lack of stun guns and also carbantis (but they're a challenges reward so i'd say stun guns take priority).

Content: This should have been somewhat challenging to keep us engaged. I understand you are trying to provide for both lower, mid-tier and high-tier players but being able to clear the entire thing in less than 30 minutes is not new content. Something daily would be preferable so I don't just log in to farm things when raids or GA isn't running.

Any ideas are welcomed.
  • They need to give us the rewards not only for the tier we complete, but for every tier below it so we don’t have to waste time autoing battles multiple times for feats. Or maybe if you complete T5 at 3 stars and all feats it unlocks a sim button for Tiers 1-4 or something.
  • 1) Rewards are too low. A new type of currency would be better. Credit rewards should be much higher and there should be some credit rewards for each victory/feat completed
    2) Playing against the same enemy team of different difficulty level is boring.
    3) Feats are really just quests
    4) As a mid level player the week time frame is nice as i need to build up the gear on characters
    5) As the challange takes place on a specific planet there should be a cool graphic when you enter
    6) Modifiers are interesting in theory not noticible in play
    Overall in it's current form it is a boring event
  • Anybody complete final tier without losing a unit?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020

@Pariah_Anchorite

They at the level or higher, you can get all the rewards with a team at a higher gear level.
  • I’m going to leave difficulty and rewards alone. Both can be tuned though I really have no problem with either. That said, I want to first quote the road ahead:

We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim

I’ll confess I fell for this line. I had envisioned galactic challenges as some form of replacement for galactic war. A game mode I deeply miss. However, it’s nothing like galactic war which is my mistake nor does it allow me to use my “growing roster of units” any differently than any other mode. Sure I could use anything but I can do that in the cantina. Overall this is underwhelming from a gameplay aspect that introduces nothing new nor any real puzzle.
  • Sure, rewards are a little sad but, seriously, no bonuses for tuskens. Fail.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Vader lead (zetaed) works really well for this event. He adds dots, the enemy gets dots every turn from the global effects, he gets healed by them. As long as you can hold out a few turns (ability blocking the droideka and sniper helps here) and cull blade wat, the enemies will start blowing up just like geos vs jawas.

Couldn't do the flawless in tier 5 or above, but the rewards for those basically made completing it a bragging right anyway.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Trash. Complete and utter trash.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I’m going to leave difficulty and rewards alone. Both can be tuned though I really have no problem with either. That said, I want to first quote the road ahead:

We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim

I’ll confess I fell for this line. I had envisioned galactic challenges as some form of replacement for galactic war. A game mode I deeply miss. However, it’s nothing like galactic war which is my mistake nor does it allow me to use my “growing roster of units” any differently than any other mode. Sure I could use anything but I can do that in the cantina. Overall this is underwhelming from a gameplay aspect that introduces nothing new nor any real puzzle.

A hard mode GW with APPROPRIATE rewards would do WONDERS and help the gear crunch. GW in its current state is such a wasted opportunity. GW enemies NEED RELICS!
  • This event is trash as it currently plays
    The background is the same
    The rewards are terrible
    The levels are the same
    No cool animations
    You have to use the faction listed
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    I kind of enjoyed it. Rewards aren’t great, but it was something to do. Huge difficulty leap on tier 5 though
  • Some of these may be debatable.

Pros:
    • Its content
    • The rewards are not large enough such that you would feel like you're missing out to try and gear up characters needlessly *They are however, bordering on being so bad that they are not worthwhile.*
    • Green gear is useful for trade-in for relic 1 gear (Carbonite Circuit Board)
    • it is challenging enough that it is interesting but not crazy enough that its not completable Cough... Assault Battles Tier 3 cough

Cons:
    • This comes across as a weaker reward structure assault battle Its got about the same time investment (not necessarily a con)
    • gear tier/Relic tier requirements for the only good rewards -crystals and such
    • Have to do the same low tier battles twice, if you complete it in an upper tier you should not have to repeat it for lower tiers (having to do full team battle and then an undersized battle)
    • Whats a player gotta do to get some Stun Cuffs, or some Stun Guns

Love to hear your opinions
  • Kisakee wrote: »

I played all tiers with R5 + R7 toons and they counted for everything so it's "Use gear X (or higher)".

@Pariah_Anchorite

They at the level or higher, you can get all the rewards with a team at a higher gear level.

I’ll re-try the tiers. Thank you for your feedback.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    They canceled the raid to bring us this? Like a 1 stage TB, with awful rewards? I mean maybe 20 minutes of game play to get every feat completed, and I got 6 more days for the event. Yay.
  • Pros: something to do, some rewards even if they sucks.

Cons: the event itself
  • I have had a little time to stew-
    My biggest tweak for this event would be to rework the feats.
    I used the same team in every battle. I took one away to get the short handed feat- so I did replay- but it was basically the same. The bonuses would lead everyone to play with with. Use with, get rewards, check box. This same team is needed for the feats though? If the feats differed from the bonuses we would have to actually RePLAY the battles.
    Please fix this.
  • Darion wrote: »
    Some of these may be debatable.

Pros:
    • Its content
    • The rewards are not large enough such that you would feel like you're missing out to try and gear up characters needlessly *They are however, bordering on being so bad that they are not worthwhile.*
    • Green gear is useful for trade-in for relic 1 gear (Carbonite Circuit Board)
    • it is challenging enough that it is interesting but not crazy enough that its not completable Cough... Assault Battles Tier 3 cough

Cons:
    • This comes across as a weaker reward structure assault battle Its got about the same time investment (not necessarily a con)
    • gear tier/Relic tier requirements for the only good rewards -crystals and such
    • Have to do the same low tier battles twice, if you complete it in an upper tier you should not have to repeat it for lower tiers (having to do full team battle and then an undersized battle)
    • Whats a player gotta do to get some Stun Cuffs, or some Stun Guns

Love to hear your opinions

It was highly disappointing that they couldn’t sprinkle one cuff and it me gun into some tier.