Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Monomer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Firefox54 wrote: »

This is being discussed in the rewards thread, since we have over 200 characters, the reward here can be seen as a farming spot to help gear up the rest of our roster to a point, not necessarily the place to farm gear to get to the next tier in this event.

Also this is not the final iteration, so rewards mat change.

Kyno ... in general I appreciate your calm attitude and general positive attitude towards the game ... but really, we have over 200 characters (true) but many of us have 1000s of some of the gear being given out at **lvl 6** ... that's just unacceptable

This is NOT acceptable even for a "first" iteration (which it's not) ... this a simplified version of the challenge tiers ... with more constraints to block the good rewards

From things they have said, they never want to "take away" rewards. Since they don't exactly know the frequency, I am assuming they didnt want to start high and risk it coming down.

I know that's not a comforting feeling but its likely true. Feedback helps and in the end we may end up with a decent event and rewards, but we will have to wade through this to even see what it will turn into.

That just begs the question of how can they not understand appropriate rewards for the tiers. Do the people who make the game actually play it?

For economic balance the rewards would be different if it was 2 days vs 7. I think they wanted to set it up more to give us something to play. So the timeline is one of the important factors, then they will balance the rewards off that.

@Kyno ... I don't understand the "economic balance" comment ... will I be able to replay the event tomorrow (I do need the Sith Trooper shards)? If the game refreshes everyday, that's something (while I need those shards). otherwise, I don't understand the "economic balance" of how long the event is.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Paywall?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Just beat T7 and undersized squad feat for 2 grey Mk2 syringe🙄 The whole thing done in less than 5 min. What a joke and the worst rewards. CG gotta stop bragging about the garbage they’re putting out. I thought this was gonna be a new game mode that would fill the time gap when we have nothing but credit/training droid/omega and TW/GAC defense and join periods. Now I just stare at the event for the next five days. Just put the content out CG stop building it up like the garbage GL event and graphics fixes etc.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Lol wasnt it fun though?
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Lol wasnt it fun though?

Oh great time lol.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I’m sad that they spent time on this instead of a new raid
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    I have had a little time to stew-
    My biggest tweak for this event would be to rework the feats.
    I used the same team in every battle. I took one away to get the short handed feat- so I did replay- but it was basically the same. The bonuses would lead everyone to play with with. Use with, get rewards, check box. This same team is needed for the feats though? If the feats differed from the bonuses we would have to actually RePLAY the battles.
    Please fix this.

Of course SITH was autocorrected to WITH
    Cripes
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Monomer wrote: »

This is being discussed in the rewards thread, since we have over 200 characters, the reward here can be seen as a farming spot to help gear up the rest of our roster to a point, not necessarily the place to farm gear to get to the next tier in this event.

Kyno ... in general I appreciate your calm attitude and general positive attitude towards the game ... but really, we have over 200 characters (true) but many of us have 1000s of some of the gear being given out at **lvl 6** ... that's just unacceptable

This is NOT acceptable even for a "first" iteration (which it's not) ... this a simplified version of the challenge tiers ... with more constraints to block the good rewards

From things they have said, they never want to "take away" rewards. Since they don't exactly know the frequency, I am assuming they didnt want to start high and risk it coming down.

I know that's not a comforting feeling but its likely true. Feedback helps and in the end we may end up with a decent event and rewards, but we will have to wade through this to even see what it will turn into.

That just begs the question of how can they not understand appropriate rewards for the tiers. Do the people who make the game actually play it?

For economic balance the rewards would be different if it was 2 days vs 7. I think they wanted to set it up more to give us something to play. So the timeline is one of the important factors, then they will balance the rewards off that.

Kyno ... I don't understand the "economic balance" comment ... will I be able to replay the event tomorrow (I do need the Sith Trooper shards)? If the game refreshes everyday, that's something (while I need those shards). otherwise, I don't understand the "economic balance" of how long the event is.

The event is replayable for the 7 day period, but once you win the rewards there is no refresh for those. You can get them again when the event runs again. So if they run the event for 7 days vs 2 days, we get more rewards when its run every 2 days, as this same event would run more often in a given month
  • It has potential to be something great but it just isn’t In its current form... once it’s beaten you should get the option to remove the modifiers so it can become a proper sandbox. Way to miss the mark
  • Having to use X gear g12 squad from level 5 onwards, with all 5 characters, to get most of the event's reward, CG is asking for profanity, I have the impression that the developers take pleasure in being offended.

The development of the game needs a bigger prize in stun gun 5, mainly with the tragic event of the legends that put the requirement of characters in a totally absurd level.

Balancing the event is wrong.
    P2W takes more awards
    F2P loses the bulk of the prizes for the foci it has to do
    Newbies take the prize for things like 4 fragments of a random character and do what with it. (the desire to complete is immense)

If you want to ignore the community as you always do, but at least make it easy for those who are starting. Will someone at level 60 be able to do a challenge with sith g10? The community is patient with your mistakes, but don't fall for it.

Take these global defense and attack bonuses and improve the tedious TW, where normally the winner and the loser are already defined by the terrible pairing algorithm.
  • If they run one of these events everyday (in that you can get the top prizes everyday), then its not horrible. But I'm not sure they can celebrate a new game mode if its referred to optimistically as "not horrible".
  • epalasthy
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Galactic Challenge is GARBAGE! GEO LSTB all over again. CG obviously missed the part that almost every SWGOH player despises LSTB and while reading everyone's posts on GC everyone hate this too. Its stupid, rewards SUCK, its not fun, same battle ****, wanted to quit 6 months ago but waited for the “new material” so disappointing. The CG game architects need to get fired its so bad.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Indoril wrote: »
    Why is it that you have to already have the gear it rewards to get the gear it rewards? The rewards should be helping you get what you need for the next Tier.

That is some ****. I could probably take every character i have unlocked to g6 or 7 today. There is no reason they should be rewarding g1 pieces for a battle that requires g12 toons. Its pathetic.
  • Agree with you @MetsFan1986 for the most part. I would say that the challenges need to be shorter though, I would say 2 days would be better. If it rotates through on a regular basis then I don’t see an issue with the gear requirements. Keeping the same challenges for a long period of time just means less rewards, in my opinion. These were my thoughts I posted on the merge post:

1) rewards need to get better. Seems like that is a common complaint amongst the majority. I didn’t get very far in mine since my Sith are not very good, but none of the rewards would help me grow my roster in any feasible way.
    2) if there is not going to be any waves like Assault Battles, then maybe have at least different team comps to face in each tier? I think that would break up the monotony of each tier.
    3) 7 days seems too long. If we saw a rotation of 2 days each, I think that would suffice.
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Banjo
    40 posts Member
    How long did we have to wait for this??? I stuck through all the nonsense this year in this game but this is it I’m done. Hopefully somebody overseeing star wars can take care of miserable junk like this.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Here is the trailer. Listen to the CG spin.

https://youtu.be/kPcDzjSqzmc

That spin will make you dizzy right there
  • Banjo
    40 posts Member
    Shaddess wrote: »
    It has potential to be something great but it just isn’t In its current form... once it’s beaten you should get the option to remove the modifiers so it can become a proper sandbox. Way to miss the mark

Shouldn’t have to wait any longer for this crew to make something worth playing. Lol what they need 6 more months to fix it?!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    How many devs still work at CG? We waited all year for this?

This new game mode makes me want to play other games, not SWGOH. Their competitors crank out more engaging content weekly than CG does annually.

Like who?
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Candy crush, bubble pop, angry birds... 😂
  • It is trash. 100% trash
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

This new game mode makes me want to play other games, not SWGOH. Their competitors crank out more engaging content weekly than CG does annually.

Like who?

Wasn’t it you who said you’d rather they spent their time working on a new raid as opposed to this?

HSTR was released in early 2018 and it has been a really fun game mode. A lot of creativity went into that raid, but It’s become completely outdated now, especially if your guild has several SLKRs.

I’ve seen bad decision after bad decision by CG for over a year now and was hoping this new mode would deliver something fun again.

It’s not much fun and why they would think a week exhibition was necessary is beyond me. The only decent rewards being r3-5 faction specific gated is also just another out of touch thing they continue to do.
    Gifafi wrote: »

Like who?

You know who, giraffe.

Well? It’s your claim, I’m just wondering who these competitors are who are churning out all this content.

I already said what I said about gc. So far it’s just free rewards, and it makes me sad they wasted time on this. But I also think gac is awful and a waste of time.

This game should be about raids, not slight tweaks to same old stuff. “We put dots on your toons this time!!” Zzz
  • Rewards are trash. Go ahead replay it but you can't get any more of the trash rewards. Anything worth while is locked behind a paywall. Better have R7 toons or you ain't going to beat it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    And they scrapped the new raid for this. ( nOt ScRaPpEd, PaUsEd) The GC might as well not exist and the game wouldn't be any worse.
  • ToJ85
    27 posts Member
    I'm gonna repeat myself, but from what i understood. galactic battles would be a brand new mode. This is not a new mode. This is a new event. We already have events, and this galactic battles doesn't bring anything new. This is supposed to be something i would play every day, yet, this is something i will play 10min every week. This update is noting to me. this is literally nothing new. plus, the reward is garbage. next time, just give us free 1 credit. it's as relevant.
  • The rewards suck. Probably not even worth the effort.

Event was OK but not the rewards!
  • Merailla
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    So I have done all the tiers at 3* with only sith characters, but I dont get rewards for it because...g12 Traya...ok..GJ CG one again...

Btw, it was not even challenging..1st try all..
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • There should be more rewards for completion and three stars, less for pay wall relic requirements and overall better rewards. This event is now going to sit in game for 6.5 days unplayed as I've got everything I can.

Better format than Assault battles but still very lacking