Vader in Galactic Challenges not WAI

Ltswb1
550 posts Member
edited August 2020
This is the text in Vader’s kit. My understanding of it is that when he has Merciless Massacre, that his actions don’t cause other toons to gain a bonus turn or turn meter. Then how come General Grevious is taking bonus turns every time I kill a toon with Vader under MM? q9y4nqkh8b9j.jpeg
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    What he does during the bonus turns isn’t affected by that text. It’s obtaining the bonus turn that triggers nothing.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    What would be the point of that? How would the act of him receiving a bonus turn trigger other toons to get a bonus turn or TM? I admit that I don’t know every kit by heart, but I can’t think of one that is affected in that way
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    What would be the point of that? How would the act of him receiving a bonus turn trigger other toons to get a bonus turn or TM? I admit that I don’t know every kit by heart, but I can’t think of one that is affected in that way

I don’t know any examples, but I believe that that’s how it’s been explained.
  • Droideka shouldn’t gain 10% turn meter, for instance. Grevious gains a bonus turn on an ally droid death. Droideka gains turn meter whenever an opponent takes a turn
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Droideka shouldn’t gain 10% turn meter, for instance. Grevious gains a bonus turn on an ally droid death. Droideka gains turn meter whenever an opponent takes a turn

That’s a good example of the TM gain. I had forgotten about it. I’m curious if anyone can think of a toon gaining a bonus turn simply by an opposing toon taking a turn. That seems like it would be OPAF

Side note. You would think that after 5 years of practice, that CG could make ability descriptions that clearly identified what the ability did. Obviously not. This ability description leaves a lot open to interpretation. Especially since most players will assume that it means what I assumed it meant. There’s already another thread on it, and I saw Ahnold reference it in his vid yesterday.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Droideka shouldn’t gain 10% turn meter, for instance. Grevious gains a bonus turn on an ally droid death. Droideka gains turn meter whenever an opponent takes a turn

That’s a good example of the TM gain. I had forgotten about it. I’m curious if anyone can think of a toon gaining a bonus turn simply by an opposing toon taking a turn. That seems like it would be OPAF

Side note. You would think that after 5 years of practice, that CG could make ability descriptions that clearly identified what the ability did. Obviously not. This ability description leaves a lot open to interpretation. Especially since most players will assume that it means what I assumed it meant. There’s already another thread on it, and I saw Ahnold reference it in his vid yesterday.

Some times they put things in to future proof an ability too.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I figured that would be a response, but it’s hard to believe that was the purpose. It wasn’t originally part of the rework. And it came as a touchup a couple of weeks after the rework with the “anti-stun” part. It seemed to everyone that it was in response to Vader being “interrupted” during MM by getting stunned or triggering bonus turns. You don’t suddenly touch up a rework right after it’s release just to “future proof” it. There had to be some impetus to trigger the touchup.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I figured that would be a response, but it’s hard to believe that was the purpose. It wasn’t originally part of the rework. And it came as a touchup a couple of weeks after the rework with the “anti-stun” part. It seemed to everyone that it was in response to Vader being “interrupted” during MM by getting stunned or triggering bonus turns. You don’t suddenly touch up a rework right after it’s release just to “future proof” it. There had to be some impetus to trigger the touchup.

It was always part of the rework from when they added Merciless Massacre. Go back and re-read the Kit Touch Up thread, where they added MM. It was just missing from some of the descriptions.