Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• This is what they are excited about??

I spent 30 min playing the game and now i get to watch the challenge icon for the next 6 days reminding me of yet another paywall introduced by cg.

• AgentSmith
    26 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Let me just start by saying I'm appreciative of the new content. The execution of said content, not so much.

My recommended tier is 5. I beat 1-5 in about 2 minutes. Great. I managed to beat tier 6 with a Padme team after some horrid rng and it only took me about 10 minutes. Ok cool. What's not cool is locking the only rewards that don't suck (let's be honest, they all kinda suck) behind a relic paywall. It was my understanding that the featured factions would get bonuses and that's it. IIRC, there was no mention of the rewards being faction/feat specific. So now I'm being punished for playing the game my way.

At least now we know when an event is touted to be for all players, what it really means is that it's for whales and meta-chasers.
  • Guys,as a reminder this is the exhibition season,they sayed to provide feedback on rewards and event because they are subject to change,so let's give a feedback that thry can use,not just is thrash,that beeing sayed i can stand by the rest of thr community that it needs improvement 100%,the battles tend to go on the LSTB feeling,but this is not the big problem,First of all the rewards are really bad till lvl 6-7,on top of that the only feat that gives you something is paywalled with r3-r5 characters(it should not be so,if a player will beat that tire with an r1 team good for him,i had to take my bsf from r3 to r5 just to get the rewards it was lame...),the rest of the feats are there for 1k credits,even at the last lvl i get nothing out of them,also the first lvls besides the shards even new player don't really need that gear or help them in a meaningful way,the only thing is ok are the crystals but i would like to see a 5-10-15 crystals on the lower lvl even if that means CG has to decrease the crystal pool at the top end,the modifiers were some how dull this time,because i was playing a game of waiting for the enemy to kill itself from dots,i got the sith buff like 2-3 times but i could never stack it since i did such a low dmg and they would have died by dots not by my characters.
    Also i think the enemy shouod have some planet or event new abilitys that we don't have in game just to make the fight more interesting,or if you really wanna make the fan base happy just remove the modifiers after you did complete the event like someone already mentioned before.
    Thd gear needs to be modified to a more desirable one in the lower lvl by everyone,and the gear cap for the feats should be max r1 if there needs to be a cap at all.
    Thank you!
  • I know that the rewards are extremely horrible especially to be locked behind a dumb requirement like "we know you can beat the event, but you don't deserve rewards unless you make your characters X gear level" and everything but the saddest part of this is how extremely basic this event is. This is what CG has been working on? Really? This is the big new content that they've been spending MONTHS if not longer on? What the F took this long? It is so basic and plain and boring. Nothing new, no new features (you can claim that the feats are "new features" but they just aren't, just more lame prerequisites to sell packs with) or currencies, no new characters or interactions. Just boring.

This is what "we know everyone's been wanting so we will ignore all the concerns and requests of the community because we have something big in the works"? Really? If this is really the new content the team has been spending months working on... I am very worried at the direction of this game. Please tell me this isn't it and this is just to kill time like new assault tiers. Maybe I'm being unfair, but this just seems very lackluster "content" for a multi-million dollar company to push out as their new project they spent months designing and pushing out. For how much people spend on this game you'd think they'd at least have something more than just another gear requirement wall.
    I dont get the idea behid the planets. GG on Tatooine? I know the background could be anything, but why flex on Tatooine? Just to introduce sandstorm as a DOT unique effect? Dunno man, it seems to be wasted on me.

You locked the best rewards behind something that could be called a paywall - not a high paywall and there are f2p ways around it but still, it is some gate anyway. Big ooof.

As an event it absolutely failed for me bc i dont have enough geared up sith - and while i could technically enter a higher tier just for the fun i was not even tempted for a second.

Completed 5 tiers in less than 10 minutes and i have absolutely no desire to replay this event.

3/10. Can climb up to 6/10 if you tune up the rewards but the concept is not worth more than that imo.
  • The environment modifier is annoying at best, the rewards are crap, and locked behind relic levels, what the actual f...udge. 7 levels of the same opponent? Which is neither usable for testing PvP stuff nor exciting pve?

Nah, back to the drawing board
  • This event should have everyone worried. Players spend millions, and all they give is peanuts in return.
  • Hope this is not the big thing we have waiting for, because this event is boring as hell. You cant test your teams and rewards are a laugh (or a cry). Looking at the packs, those are even more overpriced than before.
  • yep it’s terrible
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Straightforward insult to give lvl 85 players gray and green stuff as rewards. The last tiers are fine, but still, people need hundreds of those damned stun guns so give us those! :wink:
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    marxuke wrote: »
    Hope this is not the big thing we have waiting for, because this event is boring as hell. You cant test your teams and rewards are a laugh (or a cry). Looking at the packs, those are even more overpriced than before.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this is exactly the big thing we have been waiting for. Yep, it took them a year to come up with glorified ls/ds battles with almost no reward. Sure, it's just a test run, but I'm not holding my breath for some big improvement.
  • HondoOhnaka
    52 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    This is new mode? NO!!! ten times NO!!!

This is just improved assault battle nothing more.

Garbage requirements, totally boring battles, rewards are trash and all together gives you just totally boring "content".

If this is exciting for CG, then we are screwed.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    Why are we fighting Separatists

Ikr? Should have been tuskens and green piggies
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Potato211 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Tatooine:
    • Luke grew up there
    • Old Ben spent over 15 years there
    • HS and Chewbacca were frequent visitors
    • C3PO was made there

So why are we supposed to use Sith????

Darth maul was first seen by the jedi there

Then why are we fighting Seps?

Most likely because ita a game, but I'm just guessing there.

What a lame excuse. Now if only it was a sandbox mode...
  • To be honest why do you complain so much about the rewards?
    They said they want to try different timings for the event. In my opinion if we can have a new GC event every second day the content and the rewards (which will change everytime slightly i believe, also to stun guns!) are sufficient!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Chee2oo wrote: »
    To be honest why do you complain so much about the rewards?
    They said they want to try different timings for the event. In my opinion if we can have a new GC event every second day the content and the rewards (which will change everytime slightly i believe, also to stun guns!) are sufficient!

No they aren't. The only ones that are worthwhile are gated behind relics on a specific team, the rest is worse than challenges and those are daily. Giving the "On target" reward for completion instead would be a step in right direction.
  • Hey guys. Here some feedback from my side to the Galactic Challenges and improvement ideas

- Fights with the new environments are cool and at least a bit to think about and not just throw a team in and press auto

- When finished the top two tiers that are manageable the rest is playable on auto and is a pure boring grind - idea: When finishing the top tier, also hand out the rewards from the tiers below

- Rewards are a bit strange. Compared to Assault battles they are very poor except the crystals. Please give them a little adjustment, maybe add rewards that are usually needed to bring the toons to the next challenge level so people can progress

- The challenge plays in under 30 minutes to complete everything (when having the toons). 7 Days is a too long time period and not endless playable content for nothing. Either shorten it up to 1-2 days or make them replayable every day with additional (much lower) rewards, limited rewardes attempts per day

- Relic "must have" for completing feats feels wrong if you cant do it just because 1 toon doesnt have the relic but the battle still works. why dont just give it as recommendation. Rewards arent that great people gonna push toons extra for it
  • My complainer feedback is to make galactic challenges a proper game mode that is essentially a mix between a PvE version of GAC and an updated GW. This lame event that is a reskinned assault battle is uncreative and boring. You could have made this in a week, what the hell are you thinking releasing this as your new big content for the year?

My constructive feedback is to remove the relic requirements blocking access for the rewards. If you’re smart enough or take time to put good mods on or try your heart out playing it for hours waiting for good rng, you should deserve the rewards. Just like how the crazy ppl can unlock c3p0 with g7-8 Ewoks. if the relic gating is removed then I think it’s fine for what it is.
  • This feels like a pay to proceed game mode. We are all going through the same actions but people who paid for a lot of relics get more relics than other players. The power gap grows. This game was fun when as free to play it felt like I was making progress. This mode just reminds me that I'm getting basically nothing for my efforts unless I buy some packs and level up to the proper amount to keep progressing.

Basically my roster is as high as it is gonna get because I can't earn the rewards and I'm f2p so this is the beginning of the end... The plateau of progression. That's what the event feels like imo.
  • Remove the rewards and just let me fight any team i wish alsow remove the bonuses and terrain modifiers. Ill play it all day if i can just practice against any composition i want
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    This feels like a pay to proceed game mode. We are all going through the same actions but people who paid for a lot of relics get more relics than other players. The power gap grows. This game was fun when as free to play it felt like I was making progress. This mode just reminds me that I'm getting basically nothing for my efforts unless I buy some packs and level up to the proper amount to keep progressing.

Basically my roster is as high as it is gonna get because I can't earn the rewards and I'm f2p so this is the beginning of the end... The plateau of progression. That's what the event feels like imo.

And that's probably the most ftp-friendly faction. Older players mostly have a relic DR team, plus Vader is required for JKL and Palp for SLKR, so having 5 Sith on relic should be fairly common. The one that requires OR will be truly whale exclusive.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Yep thats what i expected. Garbage rewarda that arent worth leveling up your characters to get all the feats.

I can do all but the last 3 tier's dont lose a unit feat. And that is not worth investing a single piece of salvage into a relic level to get the reward.

Laughable.

Glad this didnt take 4 months to put out

4 minutes maybe...

• I'd spend more time to create better dev tools, if this is what your current (new) dev tools are capable of creating. Thanks for the paywall for the rewards, real nice touch.