Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• One thing Is for definitely... 6 days is too long. No refreshes so what’s the point of having the event sitting there for 6 days?

I think 2 days is the sweet spot.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    One thing Is for definitely... 6 days is too long. No refreshes so what’s the point of having the event sitting there for 6 days?

Does it really matter? You can replay the event as much as you want with rewards pretty close to the first run...
  • Nauros wrote: »
    This feels like a pay to proceed game mode. We are all going through the same actions but people who paid for a lot of relics get more relics than other players. The power gap grows. This game was fun when as free to play it felt like I was making progress. This mode just reminds me that I'm getting basically nothing for my efforts unless I buy some packs and level up to the proper amount to keep progressing.

Basically my roster is as high as it is gonna get because I can't earn the rewards and I'm f2p so this is the beginning of the end... The plateau of progression. That's what the event feels like imo.

And that's probably the most ftp-friendly faction. Older players mostly have a relic DR team, plus Vader is required for JKL and Palp for SLKR, so having 5 Sith on relic should be fairly common. The one that requires OR will be truly whale exclusive.

To be honest I don't have 5 relic 5s from Any faction because I thought this was a resource management game so I was making specific strategy based decisions like selecting what characters really drive the teams and buff them like malaak, jka, gg, etc.

Turns out it's not a resource management game and all those strategy decisions don't help me progress if this is the future... The only thing that matters is did I get each full faction to the proper relic level to proceed in the game.

There is not much strategy at all to this mode its basically gating progression behind a relic check for your roster and it penalizes people who have been strategically allocating relics where most effective.
  • I’ll just add that it doesn’t even have like a good look like the journey guide...even at its core it looks clunky and rushed, not a year of developers really giving 110, to give the players what they want. This game has gone so far off the tracks I don’t think it’s worth continuing hoping it’ll change, so I’ll leave the game and stop rambling in rage on the forums. But I won’t be left without thoughts that maybe driving people away is what cg has in mind? They still make money, cut the fat of the f2p base and eventually enough people will quit to where the game won’t be supported. Boom no need to dump development resources. Cash cow. May the force be with you guys! Best community ever! Much love to those who made the game greater than itself :)
  • Is this it?

Really?

No new play mechanics. No new "style" of playing. Nothing new at all. Just the same stuff wrapped under a different name.

I was expecting something totally different / new. Different ways of playing, a bit more immersion, maybe even something more arcade-mode like.

This really is quite disappointing - I was really looking forward to it, and was going to let CG off the hook for being so bad at communicating, and giving us content - but this isn't really anything new. Just the same thing with slightly different rewards.

*sigh*
  • The game recommends me to do T6 .. can't even get 1* in t5.
    And rewards are grey gear ...

This is for wallet warriors and yet a complete fail for CG. They are totally out of touch with reality.

This.game.is.dead
  • arbster
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    My disappointment in Galactic Challenges is not limited to the lacklustre rewards. It's just a fundamentally boring and unoriginal "game mode". There is no depth or stickiness. Gating the better rewards behind hard gear requirements is lazy, much like the GLs - give the community the chance to innovate, theorycraft and experiment to beat your content with the characters they have, rather than forcing them to upgrade things "just because". Happy, contented, enthusiastic players will spend more on your game than those who feel forced or obliged to spend. And when the rewards are so poor, most of us will simply log off and do something else instead.

Overall, it's no more engaging than Assault Battles, and definitely doesn't give me anything to look forward to, or motivate me to play the game more. I was back to spinning my characters within hours. I want something like the game modes in other games (which I don't play, yet) which have more depth and strategy. Even Geo LSTB is better than this rubbish. If this genuinely is a test, please learn from this and make it something more. Sadly, I think the writing was on the wall when it got hidden in the Events section and doesn't even have its own event icon. Disappointing. Very disappointing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    marxuke wrote: »
    Hope this is not the big thing we have waiting for, because this event is boring as hell. You cant test your teams and rewards are a laugh (or a cry). Looking at the packs, those are even more overpriced than before.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this is exactly the big thing we have been waiting for. Yep, it took them a year to come up with glorified ls/ds battles with almost no reward. Sure, it's just a test run, but I'm not holding my breath for some big improvement.

Is it, or is this the exhibition round before the changes to make the big thing.... much like GA was to GAC.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Potato211 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Tatooine:
    • Luke grew up there
    • Old Ben spent over 15 years there
    • HS and Chewbacca were frequent visitors
    • C3PO was made there

So why are we supposed to use Sith????

Darth maul was first seen by the jedi there

Then why are we fighting Seps?

Most likely because ita a game, but I'm just guessing there.

What a lame excuse. Now if only it was a sandbox mode...

You do realize the irony to someone being upset about it not being canon and your response is to make it the farthest thing from canon, right?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Hope this is not the big thing we have waiting for, because this event is boring as hell. You cant test your teams and rewards are a laugh (or a cry). Looking at the packs, those are even more overpriced than before.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this is exactly the big thing we have been waiting for. Yep, it took them a year to come up with glorified ls/ds battles with almost no reward. Sure, it's just a test run, but I'm not holding my breath for some big improvement.

Is it, or is this the exhibition round before the changes to make the big thing.... much like GA was to GAC.
    So now all player become beta tester?
  • Jenjhys wrote: »

They said they’re releasing things as a community test right now and that more changes will come in the future. Those changes being rewards, length of the event, mechanics, etc.
    Now I’m not one to be in CG’s corner but they did explicitly say that they’re going to change things from community feedback. Now where I’ll draw the line is trusting to what degree and if it’ll do right by the community. I’m not holding my breath because I can’t for the life of me begin to understand how they thought the rewards for the feats were close to acceptable, or how gating any decent reward behind hard high relic level Reqs was smart.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jenjhys wrote: »

In the sense that they told us this is an exhibition to get feedback, and also make the first lage scale test of a game mode built with the new tools. Yes.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jenjhys wrote: »

They said they’re releasing things as a community test right now and that more changes will come in the future. Those changes being rewards, length of the event, mechanics, etc.
    Now I’m not one to be in CG’s corner but they did explicitly say that they’re going to change things from community feedback. Now where I’ll draw the line is trusting to what degree and if it’ll do right by the community. I’m not holding my breath because I can’t for the life of me begin to understand how they thought the rewards for the feats were close to acceptable, or how gating any decent reward behind hard high relic level Reqs was smart.

The facts is that all problem identified by community, at this moment, shouldn't be identify by community but by beta tester... bug, freeze, decent reward...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    In the sense that they told us this is an exhibition to get feedback, and also make the first lage scale test of a game mode built with the new tools. Yes.
    Once again, CG's problem here is in the communication. IF what we're seeing here is the "boring" guts of a more engaging, deeper and more open-ended game mode they really should have told us. It looks so close to Assault Battles, I'm at a loss as to what they're learning from this test, except for how far they can push the community before people quit in even greater numbers. Expectation management isn't their strong suit, that's for sure, but this is a massive own-goal given the level of expectation and the time that has passed since the last meaningful content.

Galactic Challenges needs to be something that makes people think, not just force them to spend more on pointless relics, or wait for the right RNG against amped-up, over-sized teams.

EA's management on the earnings call heaped praise on their teams' productivity from home during these testing times, but really they were just pleased that thousands of bored, locked-down people spent some more money on old content. CG can't keep riding that wave for long - soon many people will have less money, and will be looking for more value for their discretionary spend.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    One thing Is for definitely... 6 days is too long. No refreshes so what’s the point of having the event sitting there for 6 days?

Does it really matter? You can replay the event as much as you want with rewards pretty close to the first run...

So you can get more rewards by replaying it?

No.

So what’s the point of it being there if you complete it or your toons aren’t high enough to beat it yet.
  • Its an event with 7 days run time taking 10 minutes to clear no repeatable rewards also the good ones are behind a paywall that needs the entire roster to be relic5 the mechanics are the same as a hard node with buffs/debuffs aplied and no real mechanics that the player can engage for example a special buff/debuff that it’s up to the player to deside to use or not..
  • For CG, I'm not sure how GA was an exhibition to GAC in regards to profitable data collection. I'm sure it was though.

For this first demonstration of Galactic Challenges, I'm also sure they're monitoring how many players complete tiers 5 - 7, how many players buy the Sith packs, how many players increase relic levels on Sith during this week, and so forth. Then the next exhibition faction will provide more data. Maybe an intern is typing up notes on the feedback from the forums, but spending (even in the face of "outrage") is what CG actually reads and responds to.

CG as a company already knows what gear is needed and is gated. There is no needed data collection for that information; the gate hasn't changed for years at its first levels, and it leads to players spending crystals and crossed fingers to real money.

Perhaps if 3% of players pay to increase their rosters for the current rewards, it correlates to 30% paying when the rewards are increased and the exhibition is over. Who knows. All I can say is good luck out there, folks.

Oh, and thanks for the sniper droid. And the "on target" feats. For the last one, dear intern, I'd recommend clarifying in the text that players can beat it at or above the stated levels, but if you win with lower levels, good game but no dice.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    arbster wrote: »
    Once again, CG's problem here is in the communication. IF what we're seeing here is the "boring" guts of a more engaging, deeper and more open-ended game mode they really should have told us. It looks so close to Assault Battles, I'm at a loss as to what they're learning from this test, except for how far they can push the community before people quit in even greater numbers. Expectation management isn't their strong suit, that's for sure, but this is a massive own-goal given the level of expectation and the time that has passed since the last meaningful content.

Galactic Challenges needs to be something that makes people think, not just force them to spend more on pointless relics, or wait for the right RNG against amped-up, over-sized teams.

EA's management on the earnings call heaped praise on their teams' productivity from home during these testing times, but really they were just pleased that thousands of bored, locked-down people spent some more money on old content. CG can't keep riding that wave for long - soon many people will have less money, and will be looking for more value for their discretionary spend.

They did tell us that, very specifically. This is not the final thing, this is the exhibition.
  • I had hopes that the rewards for the lower tiers would reset each day. But should have known better.

I want to know what G12 teams they tested tier 5 with. I ran all G12 and 1 relic 5 with no chance in hell at finishing it.
  • One of my problems with the rewards (outside of them being atrocious for the effort) is that character shards for the faction are only given if you beat the event with that faction.

So someone who has Sith gets Sith shards that they don't need and someone who doesn't have Sith is locked out from getting a few extra shards toward characters they need for the future. Yes it might only be a handful of shards, but it all seems a bit backwards to be given out like that.
  • What a disappointment. How did this take months to develop?
  • i believe they are fine. I was recommended tier IV and was able to pass al levels with either sith or galactic republic, though it took a while. I had fun while it lasted. Maybe rotation could be a little faster rather than having a whole week the same challenge and rewards MUST get better. We can already get most of the rewards in a day of farming, we need gear to ease the crunch.
  • The best rewards go to those who take the LEAST challenging path to completing the event.

For an event labeled "Galactic Challenges", this seems somewhat perverse.

• I had hopes that the rewards for the lower tiers would reset each day. But should have known better.

I want to know what G12 teams they tested tier 5 with. I ran all G12 and 1 relic 5 with no chance in hell at finishing it.

Traya works well on all tiers.

• This first run is more about discovering issues/bugs, getting LEGIT feedback and getting an idea of timing. The rewards will get better. Let’s not jump to immediately trashing someone else’s work. This is the foundation. There is no where to go but up from here.

CG I would personally like to see the non feat rewards refresh each day at reset. Also, like everyone else would love to get some stun guns from this...

Looking forward to seeing this evolve.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Well, finished all with SLKR, then finished most of it with siths, except the last tier.
    I thought that, maybe, it will be nice to use our entire roster.

Other note, I thought I could at least use this mode to train to GAC (the real fun). Nop. It has a NPC and there's a Poggle there! No one in the world uses Poggle with a GG team. I would like to play against real teams, not made-up fantasy teams. GG, B1/B2 and a mix-up of magna/tambor/BB8/Droideka (changing tiers).

Hope they listen.
  • The lag in Galactic Challenges is insane!!! Very very choppy game play.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

So you can get more rewards by replaying it?

No.

Of course not, I was making a joke about how the rewards from first run are close to nothing from replays.