GAC defense MIA

Jpfit262
545 posts Member
edited August 2020
So I set my defenses for GA, and my opponent did not. His field auto populated as intended. But mine just says “no defense set”.

His score should be 1,0002 since he had his defenses auto set. Because my defenses are showing as “no defense” he shouldn’t get points for beating these 2 zones. But it seems as though it is giving him full points for clearing both zones. It also deducted points for me for not setting defense.

Anyone else having this issue? Or is this working as intended? I’ve never seen this before and I’m 99% positive I set a defense. But in the chance I didn’t, does he actually get points for clearing an area he never attacked? And if I miss setting a defense somewhere, why does it not auto fill?
ed5w3fdps3kp.png
cx57jw8pjyfi.png
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Have you tried closing the app and reopening,

Can you post a picture of the playing field?
  • I closed and re-opened the app, no change. I also fully cleared his map, but lost.

If this is WAI it’s a shame because it shows another flaw in gac. I actually played the match and still lost. Because it says I forgot to set a d, he automatically gets full points? Yet the system auto populated his fields so he gets points. In my opinion if this is how the system works it needs to either give no points for auto populated d or something basic like 1 point for every defense set.

7vlzxhvdg4jy.png
  • Just set your defences.

If you didn’t, and won the GAC by a few points, the opposition will feel annoyed as he have nothing to attack. So no deployment should award to the opposition points.

Otherwise it will open up to abuse.

In short.... set your defence!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    so you set drev and vader teams there, right? if so that means you missed setting a defense (or more, but I assume one). If you set partial defense (like, one team, or all but one team, etc) it does not autofill the missing team(s). happened to me a while back.

#1 thing is to remember to reset D after this round
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I closed and re-opened the app, no change. I also fully cleared his map, but lost.

If this is WAI it’s a shame because it shows another flaw in gac. I actually played the match and still lost. Because it says I forgot to set a d, he automatically gets full points? Yet the system auto populated his fields so he gets points. In my opinion if this is how the system works it needs to either give no points for auto populated d or something basic like 1 point for every defense set.

7vlzxhvdg4jy.png

From the looks of it yes this is all WAI, it seems you didnt set a full defense.

The point system is there and it works just fine. If they made changes like that there would be other issues that would come from that.
  • I don’t see how this is a good idea. I forgot to set all of my defenses. My opponent however set none. So by default, he wins no matter what.

The system should not give the opponent who doesn’t set a defense full points for setting d. And on top of that, he got points for full clears for the defense I forgot to set. If he doesn’t get points for the zones I forgot to set defenses in then I win because I actually participated and cleared his defenses.

This seems flawed to me. GAC is already pretty a crappy game mode, this makes it more so.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I don’t see how this is a good idea. I forgot to set all of my defenses. My opponent however set none. So by default, he wins no matter what.

The system should not give the opponent who doesn’t set a defense full points for setting d. And on top of that, he got points for full clears for the defense I forgot to set. If he doesn’t get points for the zones I forgot to set defenses in then I win because I actually participated and cleared his defenses.

This seems flawed to me. GAC is already pretty a crappy game mode, this makes it more so.

did he win by default, or did he win because you didn't set a defense?

the system makes it so it is yours to lose.

its not ideal, but its far from flawed.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I don’t see how this is a good idea. I forgot to set all of my defenses. My opponent however set none. So by default, he wins no matter what.

How nice of you to give your opponent a free win.

(You have noone to blame but yourself for this. Remember to set defenses for your next round)