Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• "Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim."

In what way do these challenges accomplish the main goal as set out in the road ahead?

Can't believe I held out hope it would be more than Assault Battles 2.0.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    It's a start. Still not able to beat my recommended level, but I probably just need to get good. The lack of rewards takes out the replayability, so nothing beyond a marquee event, imho. 7 days is way too long for the events and for the rewards being only a 1 time thing.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    Like a sandbox mode you might say. They've more or less constantly shot that idea down.

The problem with looking at it as a "sandbox mode" is that it doesn't actually resemble any of the "real" teams you'd face. Nobody places Poggle on a GG team. So even from the "sandbox" mode angle, it doesn't work.

Once again, CG had every opportunity to make this a fun event, but managed to shoot themselves in the foot with overly-restrictive game play (for the rewards) and unrealistic enemy team comps.

I know it has been a long-running joke that the developers don't play their own game, but I'm beginning to think that it's certainly possible considering how badly they continually miss the mark on what should be (and easily could have been) very easy "wins".

Honestly, all they had to do to get this one right was one of about 4 different things - and any ONE of them probably would have made people happy:

1) Slightly better rewards
    2) Drop the relic-wall for the later tiers
    3) Make it possible to actually "utilize more of our roster in meaningful and fun ways."
    4) Make the enemy teams "realistic" and require strategy.

But instead, we got "Assualt Battles light"...with more restrictions. And weaker rewards. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @AgentSmith I am the same. I like the basic Idea of it, giving us weekly challenges to complete. I completed tiers 1-6 using a variety of my teams and ignoring the feats i thought it had potential. I also agree that the rewards are worse than the game's RNG. However If I remember the GAC rewards were once terrible, and they fixed them not too long later after listening to feedback. They also said they would change things, so lets deploy the reviews and hopefully they improve the rewarding system. :D
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Also nobody can put two droidekas in one team. Also nobody can put in 6th toon that isn’t a summon.

This is not THE sandbox mode you’re looking for.
  • I have zero incentive to relic or level any faction up with the current rewards given out. Like, I’m not going to spend months, crystals, relic material, and gear to relic 5 bounty hunters so I can get garbage rewards.

On a side note, is this a WORLDS FIRST time the entire forums agreed on something? Lol
  • making us R5 5 toons to get the top rewards, is lame and the rewards are terrible, where are the guns, cuffs, carbontis?
  • Also, if the event remains a 1 week event, the rewards should not be 3 stun guns, 5 carbantis. 15+ should be the minimum.

Another idea, what about a reward that gives you 100% drop rate on your next 5 sims? Or allows you to increase the hard mode cap to 8 battles/refresh for 24 hours?
  • Rewards need a tune-up from tier 1-7. Example. At around tier 4 you should start giving gear like mk 5 stun guns. 5 should be giving the same but more pieces. 6 should be gear 12 pieces. 7 should be tip of the spear stuff like relic 4-7 materials. B/C ALL of the above is needed this makes emdgame players play those lower tiers.

Stop gated rewards. If i beat the tier with 5 sith it shouldn't matter what relic they have.

Add some new backgrounds.

Gameplay was solid 👌 I really like the sandstorm stuff. Adds a little bit of a rush.
  • @kyno they posted a video saying that the rewards are meaningful. Now even if they change things, this video is about what we have now, what they just released.
    So they are saying that these rewards are meaningful which is completely absurd
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Did you not see the huge thread already on this topic?? Post there, don’t make a new thread when one is clearly established.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    GAC rewards were adjusted for cadence and the rewards are still awful which ever way you slice it. If they had increased cadence without adjusting rewards maybe it would have been ok.
  • The rewards are meaningful, they mean the devs don't care.
  • In a less grumpy way then he said it ^ Your post will just get merged in to the big discussion either way. But atleast you're providing your feedback and contributing :)
  • I have zero incentive to relic or level any faction up with the current rewards given out. Like, I’m not going to spend months, crystals, relic material, and gear to relic 5 bounty hunters so I can get garbage rewards.

On a side note, is this a WORLDS FIRST time the entire forums agreed on something? Lol

But surely you must have - or will be - putting relics on faction-based squads for others areas of the game, anyway?

Nobody in their right mind would start relicing up Sith for this one, based on the rewards but plenty of people had Vader, Malak, Nasty etc at relics anyway.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    I have zero incentive to relic or level any faction up with the current rewards given out. Like, I’m not going to spend months, crystals, relic material, and gear to relic 5 bounty hunters so I can get garbage rewards.

But surely you must have - or will be - putting relics on faction-based squads for others areas of the game, anyway?

Nobody in their right mind would start relicing up Sith for this one, based on the rewards but plenty of people had Vader, Malak, Nasty etc at relics anyway.

Of course yes. But let’s say when the bounty hunters event comes. Do I work to relic 5 Boba Fett and Dengar and Jango and IG-88? (dengar and 88 in my case as they’re already 7*) or do I continue to work on my JKR team (need approx 200 stun guns) for LS Geo Tb?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kyno they posted a video saying that the rewards are meaningful. Now even if they change things, this video is about what we have now, what they just released.

2 questions, 1 - Is it, because that video seems to be about Galactic Challenges, not specifically the exhibition.

2 - why does that matter, they stated this is an exhibition to gain feedback. why not treat it as such and move on so we can see what the final outcome is.

to me it seem the best course of action it to not get worked up right now, and just provide constructive feedback. but thats just me, I dont really try to increase my own stress over things that I like. I use things I like to reduce my stress.
  • Reading TopHat's post about GC took longer than completing the event. I'm astonished that it took CG this long to develop an individual battle and then just scaled up the difficulty and spinned it as "tiers". I'd love to get the developers perspective on if this is worthwhile content if they were on our side of the fence".
    I have zero incentive to relic or level any faction up with the current rewards given out. Like, I’m not going to spend months, crystals, relic material, and gear to relic 5 bounty hunters so I can get garbage rewards.

Of course yes. But let’s say when the bounty hunters event comes. Do I work to relic 5 Boba Fett and Dengar and Jango and IG-88? (dengar and 88 in my case as they’re already 7*) or do I continue to work on my JKR team (need approx 200 stun guns) for LS Geo Tb?

In my view, no. I was implying this mode is perhaps a bit of a bonus for those that already have the relevant squads reliced. But to take your hypothetical BH event, good grief no!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    yeah, tbf, if you are relic-ing chars for ab or BC, you are probably doing it wrong
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
    AlexanderG wrote: »

In my view, no. I was implying this mode is perhaps a bit of a bonus for those that already have the relevant squads reliced. But to take your hypothetical BH event, good grief no!

Dengar needs 200 carbanti to go from gear 9->10. In setting up a go fund me so people can donate. Can you help me out pls
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    kyno they posted a video saying that the rewards are meaningful. Now even if they change things, this video is about what we have now, what they just released.

2 questions, 1 - Is it, because that video seems to be about Galactic Challenges, not specifically the exhibition.

2 - why does that matter, they stated this is an exhibition to gain feedback. why not treat it as such and move on so we can see what the final outcome is.

to me it seem the best course of action it to not get worked up right now, and just provide constructive feedback. but thats just me, I dont really try to increase my own stress over things that I like. I use things I like to reduce my stress.
    @Kyno
    I think for many the concern is based on the fact that we have played this game long enough to know that the rewards aren't going to increase significantly between the "exhibition" and the "real thing". CG uses "exhibition" to make sure the mechanics are working as intended and the event runs smoothly - not to give out weak rewards only to dramatically increase them later. If anything, history suggests that the reward structure does, indeed change - just not in a way any player would prefer (please see Sith raid rewards post "modification" for examples).
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Has *anyone* been able to beat levels 5 and up? I have a Bounty Hunter Squad, all Relic 7 that kills it in Squad Arena - and everywhere else - but here, they all get killed without even getting a shot in..
    Also, enemies die randomly, without even hitting them..
    There’s something very wrong in the game mechanics here...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Has *anyone* been able to beat levels 5 and up? I have a Bounty Hunter Squad, all Relic 7 that kills it in Squad Arena - and everywhere else - but here, they all get killed without even getting a shot in..

Yes, many can even get Flawless Victory on the final tier - I did (GL Rey, GK, Holdo, GSky and JKR).

Then I saw the rewards....and literally laughed out loud for how weak they were on T7.

• “Complete the battle with 5 siths relic 5”

So, if you win with 4 toons relic 5 and 1 gear 12, no reward. In a game where many already passed relic 5, we cannot use many of our toons and need to stop exactly at relic 5 for some lame reward.
  • Has *anyone* been able to beat levels 5 and up? I have a Bounty Hunter Squad, all Relic 7 that kills it in Squad Arena - and everywhere else - but here, they all get killed without even getting a shot in..

It's the effect of the modifier applying damage overtime. See "Dune Sandstorm".
  • 1. Drastically scale up rewards. Rewards should at the very least be on par with assault battles.
    2. Introduce the capacity to toggle modifiers on/off to satisfy the supposedly niche interest in a sandbox mode.
    3. Gate rewards behind the modifiers, as opposed to gear requirements i.e. best rewards (zetas/g12/relic) for completing the battles with both the environmental and enemy modifiers on; second best (guns/cuffs/carbantis/kyrotech/omegas) for one of environmental/enemy; third for environmental/enemy and ally modifiers; no rewards for completing the battle with ally or no modifiers.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Why is everybody acting like Galactic Challenges is supposed to be the premiere flagship event in SWGOH? They said it was a simpler game mode meant to give you something extra to do on a daily basis but that wouldn't penalize those who couldn't/didn't want to participate. It isn't raids or TB and they never said it would be on that level.