Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    kyno they posted a video saying that the rewards are meaningful. Now even if they change things, this video is about what we have now, what they just released.
    So they are saying that these rewards are meaningful which is completely absurd

2 questions, 1 - Is it, because that video seems to be about Galactic Challenges, not specifically the exhibition.

2 - why does that matter, they stated this is an exhibition to gain feedback. why not treat it as such and move on so we can see what the final outcome is.

to me it seem the best course of action it to not get worked up right now, and just provide constructive feedback. but thats just me, I dont really try to increase my own stress over things that I like. I use things I like to reduce my stress.

@kyno the video clearly states you can play it now. It's about the rewards right now.
    That's the reason for concern is that they are so out of touch that they think these rewards are meaningful.

Feedback? I mean ok I just have severe doubts it will make a difference, gac didn't get significantly better rewards.

Here goes.
    Better rewards, this is just laughably poor rewards. Even if this event were once a day these rewards aren't nearly enough, especially the lower tiers where they are as close to worthless as possible.

No relic gate. This is so dumb, developers have started that their goal is to make fun puzzles. There is zero incentive here, theory crafting a team for this is pointless because the only mildly decent rewards require sith and relics. This means most everyone aren't trying interesting combos. Get rid of the relic gate, if i beat tier 7 without 5 relic 5 sith (which i did) I should get those great rewards (which I obviously didn't). Then give good rewards for other stuff to encourage theory crafting. This isn't a puzzle because there's only really one 'right' answer.

Make a function where we can turn off rewards, event units, and environment/ faction effects. Then let us build a 5 man team for the enemy from within the listed faction. This event, 5 seperatists. This will give us a quasi sandbox mode to try stuff out against specific factions depending on the event.

Positives, the actual event difficulty was much much better than assualt battles, and it feels like they got it right.

Conclusion better rewards and incentives to create new interesting squads are necessary if this is supposed to be a puzzle, and making a mini sandbox mode will provide longevity to the mode.
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    Darion wrote: »
    Some of these may be debatable.

Pros:
    • Its content
    • The rewards are not large enough such that you would feel like you're missing out to try and gear up characters needlessly *They are however, bordering on being so bad that they are not worthwhile.*
    • Green gear is useful for trade-in for relic 1 gear (Carbonite Circuit Board)
    • it is challenging enough that it is interesting but not crazy enough that its not completable Cough... Assault Battles Tier 3 cough

Cons:
    • This comes across as a weaker reward structure assault battle Its got about the same time investment (not necessarily a con)
    • gear tier/Relic tier requirements for the only good rewards -crystals and such
    • Have to do the same low tier battles twice, if you complete it in an upper tier you should not have to repeat it for lower tiers (having to do full team battle and then an undersized battle)
    • Whats a player gotta do to get some Stun Cuffs, or some Stun Guns

Love to hear your opinions

It was highly disappointing that they couldn’t sprinkle one cuff and it me gun into some tier.

Yeah I think that is fair, I felt the same way, it was very disconcerting to see the 1000+ stocked up gear in the final VII (in lower tiers that might be useful I mean I am end game so I really do not know anymore). Considering it is tailored to a player who does not need these its a bit of an L.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Rhoskens wrote: »
    “Complete the battle with 5 siths relic 5”

So, if you win with 4 toons relic 5 and 1 gear 12, no reward. In a game where many already passed relic 5, we cannot use many of our toons and need to stop exactly at relic 5 for some lame reward.

You can use toons that are relic'd higher than relic 5, just not lower. Instead of "paywall" it's a "relic-wall"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The Sith Quintet feat Tier 6 requires 5 R3 Sith. I expect that R3 is a maximum gear level, it being unlikely weaker Sith will win
    I have none at R3, so I try 5 x G12.
    I win. My payout? Zero
    I didn’t exceed the gear requirements and still won. Why no payout?

Did they all survive? That’s not required for the quintet, you’re thinking of the Flawless Victory.
  • Rag_Scrag wrote: »
    The Sith Quintet feat Tier 6 requires 5 R3 Sith. I expect that R3 is a maximum gear level, it being unlikely weaker Sith will win
    I win. My payout? Zero

Did they all survive? That’s not required for the quintet, you’re thinking of the Flawless Victory.

It’s r3 or higher. You get punished for being able to do it with weaker characters
  • I'm more worried about the future galactic challenge events. Old republic is coming up. That means JKR teams without Yoda, GK, Ezra and HYoda.
  • My 2 cents (Whale Opinion), hopefully devs are taking all this feedback as they said they would:

Duration - 2 days
    Add - Stun Guns Tiers 4/5
    Subtract - Redundant rewards that we get a gazillion of
    Subtract - Gear Reqs on Feats...... Difficulty should be enough of a wall
    Top Rewards in tier 6/7 are great esp if you lower the duration to 2 days

OK!! Here is the biggest adjustment to make this an amazing game mode with 0 rewards!!

TIERS 4 &/or 5 need retooling

I would be on this game mode all day theory crafting teams if they represented GAC/Arena power levels

EX:: Tier 4 I can beat with teams (Mon Mothma) I'm working on and want to test with 0 deaths
    Tier 5 I get wiped out within 2 or 3 turns with those same teams
    - I do not expect to win most of the time because I am testing but if they were slightly tweaked up (T4) or down (T5) this would be amazing to see how some team synergies can work together.

This is something that costs CG nothing in the gearwall/pack area and would give the player base a pseudo sandbox mode that we all have been asking for.

Thx,
    Dirty

• Kyno wrote: »
    kyno they posted a video saying that the rewards are meaningful. Now even if they change things, this video is about what we have now, what they just released.
    So they are saying that these rewards are meaningful which is completely absurd

2 questions, 1 - Is it, because that video seems to be about Galactic Challenges, not specifically the exhibition.

2 - why does that matter, they stated this is an exhibition to gain feedback. why not treat it as such and move on so we can see what the final outcome is.

to me it seem the best course of action it to not get worked up right now, and just provide constructive feedback. but thats just me, I dont really try to increase my own stress over things that I like. I use things I like to reduce my stress.

I agree with you about not getting worked up. But again, this a byproduct of CG having little to no respect from their community due to continuous issues. By putting out such awful rewards, how do they not know they're not going to get positive feedback? It's an exhibition, that's fine. Doesn't mean we should be compensated so poorly for it. They've done nothing but increase bottlenecks over time, this was an opportunity to throw us some stuff we need and get a win among the community. Just scroll through here and look how many people have complained about the rewards. Imagine if we'd gotten 20 stun guns. That's not changing anybody's trajectory in the game, but it's also a big help. How much more positive would the feedback be? This is just another easy slam dunk they missed out on because they insist on being so stingy with gear. Exhibition or not, it's just a wasted opportunity to earn some easy brownie points from the community and start to build back some trust. Instead we get virtually nothing and you have a bunch of angry customers. I see a lot of high hope for this mode, but the rewards were pathetic, and it's clearly overshadowing the positives. I just don't get how they can't see that
  • Lio wrote: »
    Why is everybody acting like Galactic Challenges is supposed to be the premiere flagship event in SWGOH? They said it was a simpler game mode meant to give you something extra to do on a daily basis but that wouldn't penalize those who couldn't/didn't want to participate. It isn't raids or TB and they never said it would be on that level.

Where did they ever say it would be simple or wouldn't penalize people?

I don't think many people expected it to be a flagship but we've been waiting months, they postponed a raid and said the rewards would be meaningful. If you think it's worth the wait and postponing a raid that's good. Seems like alot of people don't.
  • This new event is underwhelming to say the least we waited almost a year for this? You can’t even get any rewards daily after finishing it once and the rewards were pathetic to say the least
  • My feedback:

1. Tbh, the mode isn't that fun in this incarnation. It involves fighting the same fight over and over, which we already have in normal events. 2/3 feats being open to any roster is cool and all, but ultimately the "good" rewards still require a specific team. So there's not really any interesting strategizing going on here, at all. It's just a longer, and less interesting/strategic, version of normal events. Normal hard events require you to think strategically, manage your temp against waves, etc. This is just doing the same fight 3 times at 5 different tiers. It's not fun.

2. Gating rewards behind a specific team is, in my opinion, the polar opposite of using our rosters in interesting ways. It's really just how 90% of the game is already played, with raids (and occasionally GAC) giving us some interesting points to switch things up.

But note that I say "team." I think it COULD be interesting to have rewards that pressure you to break up team comps. "Win this battle with at least 2 units each from: Jedi, Sith" for instance, becomes much more interesting. Or Rebel, Empire. Win the battle without a leader, also interesting.

In this game, unless they are pilots, most units are useless if you don't have a full team sharing the tag (unless they're super OP, like Nest).

3. To expand on that, challenges could also present a fun way to channel some of the Journeys energy. Like having a Rule of Two feat that requires you to ONLY use any Sith master, their apprentice, and minions to defeat it. So something like: Palpatine and Vader, Sidious and Dooku, Sidious and Maul, Dooku and Ventress, Dooku and Savage Opress, Maul and Savage, DR and Malak (lol OP), Malak and Fallen Bastila, Traya and Sion, Traya and Nihilus, Nihilus and Visas Marr. You'd only be able to fill out the roster with units like Sith Empire Trooper, Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, Magnadroid, etc. - unnamed units that have served Sith lords.

(Obviously certain events might be narrower requirements).

Balance it generally for the stronger characters, but otherwise let us play with tactics and rosters.

4. There's no way around this - it needs to be worth it for the rewards vs. time spent. I get that this will be a gear funnel into the game, but the rewards as it stands are profoundly not worth the time spent. Those of us without Sith teams can't even get character shards out of it, just absolutely pathetic gear we already have hundreds or thousands of.

And it needs to be worth it with diverse rosters. That was the whole promise of the mode. I shouldn't have to have G12 Sith for it to finally be really worthwhile.

I would VASTLY prefer to see "Requires 5" feats instead become specific bonuses for all characters with that tag to clear it. That way, if you only have 3 strong Sith, you could still play with the tactics to earn the feat.

5. Ultimately, this is a long winded way of saying it should be fun to do, fun to think about tactically, and not just be busy work. Right now it's busy work with rewards that are not at all worth the time spent.

And IMPORTANT:
    I'll be honest, i get that it's supposed to be a live sorta beta for the event. But I have to counsel, this is a BAD user experience. This wasn't added to the game in a way that feels like a test and learn product, it was added to the game in a way that feels like it was the launch event for the new form of content that players have been waiting for for a long time, for that content to be shallow in scope, pointless in rewards, uninteresting in strategy, and do absolutely nothing to actually have them use their rosters in interesting ways. (I mean, let's be real, "Sith" is probably like the 5th most common tag in the game, I'd wager? I'd guess the rosters of players, averaged to gear/volume, go something like: Rebel>Jedi>GR>Empire>Sith or something like that.)

Instead of just feeling like you're gathering feedback, it truly, truly feels like the game actually has nothing to offer. It makes sticking it out this long feel like it was profoundly not worth it.

I've worked product development, so I want to be charitable and assume that this is a very unfortunate disconnect between developers, strategy, and comms. But it's a bad disconnect, and I HIGHLY recommend looking to your communication ASAP and actually addressing that messaging, and doing it fast. Like this week fast. Tomorrow fast.

And because I've worked product development, I can clearly see real, hard work has gone into this. It's a PROFOUND shame for user engagement to be like this, so I really hope you can pivot, and pivot quickly. Because no matter where I look right now - various discords, here, reddit - the sentiment right now is..... really disheartening.

Why-am-I-even-playing-this kind of disheartening.

I-was-gonna-buy-crystals-yesterday-and-then-I-didn't-because-this-is-such-a-bleak-outlook-for-the-game disheartening.
  • The Good
    • It's content and not a pack B)

I saw three new packs hit the store as a result of this mess.

• InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    "Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim."

I hit auto for the first 6 tiers. I won. The 7th tier I beat comfortably after 1 bad RNG experience. Malak just watched as GG killed himself with the DOTs. So....who were your beta testers? Players at lvl 60? Did none of them have Malak? Are they also illiterate and didn't point out that your wording on the feats is confusing? "5 g8+ sith required" should be the language, not "5 gear 8 sith required"? Those two mean completely different things.

For the event itself, to me you just took LS Geo TB's opponents, stuck them in an omega battle, and called it a day. And as I auto'd this event (it's not a game mode, your video is deceptive) I kept thinking to myself, they decided NOT to make a new raid for this "exciting" event instead.

I can't wrap my head around that logic. This doesn't feel new, or strategic (put r7 malak in your team and hit auto is not strategy, nor does it use my entire roster in a new exciting way. I'm used to r7 Malak winning). It feels like a reskin of what we currently have. It feels like someone at CG said, "A new raid will cost more money than if we take LS Geo's enemies, set up an omega battle map, and tag on some poorly worded GAC feats. So let's do that instead."

The rewards are silly. I'd get more running the assault battle than i get running this. Even in my alt I made last September these rewards aren't worthwhile. And I know ppl keep saying "surely they'll change rewards and improve them" but historically CG's track record is to take rewards back, not give better ones.

And finally, I had some cash I could spend on this game. I instead chose to spend it on a different game. Congrats, CG. You actually drove a customer away with your "exciting new mode".
    Post edited by InyakSolomon88 on
  • Is there anything pointing to how the "Recommended" level is chosen?

My brother has a full R7 DR arena team and has Tier 5 recommended.

I have only Palpatine at G13, Vader G12, every other Sith below G12 and have T6 recommended.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Yado101 wrote: »
    Rag_Scrag wrote: »
    The Sith Quintet feat Tier 6 requires 5 R3 Sith. I expect that R3 is a maximum gear level, it being unlikely weaker Sith will win
    I win. My payout? Zero

It’s r3 or higher. You get punished for being able to do it with weaker characters

"punished"
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

So, if you win with 4 toons relic 5 and 1 gear 12, no reward. In a game where many already passed relic 5, we cannot use many of our toons and need to stop exactly at relic 5 for some lame reward.

You can use toons that are relic'd higher than relic 5, just not lower. Instead of "paywall" it's a "relic-wall"

every high-level thing is a "relic-wall." If you don't have the relics then that part isn't for you

no. r5 and up, like nik said
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • My feedback is echoing the sentiments of others about rewards. It’s honestly surprising how stingy the rewards are for end game content in comparison to other competing games. You would get more praise and also drove more incentive for players to pay and play to build teams up to earn those awesome rewards.

Second point of feedback is the modifiers should be spelled out on that main page. I had no clue what they where and hard to find where it’s explained and that also goes for feats.

The first vent should be no more than 3-5 days. Week is too long
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Breaking up into a couple segments, because I think there are things I neglected to mention and things that have caveats within caveats. I am aiming to be constructive here and not just dunk on CG:

One Day Rewards vs. Weekly Rewards:
    This might be just because we are in beta phase and it hasn't been quite 24 hours yet, but I was expecting rewards to refresh on the 24 hour basis so that this is "worthwhile re-playable content". (IF THIS ENDS UP HAPPENING PLEASE IGNORE THIS). I think this would additionally make the rewards less of an issue if you are getting those rewards daily. - this could even potentially make things feel like a huge paywall if you are missing out on 100 shards daily so please remember balance needs to be considered.

Rewards:
    1. I think we need to take the rewards with a grain of salt; lets recall the GA used to have great rewards and then they changed it to what they are now: mediocre. Similarly this is initial release so they could adversely get better, although this is not the typical CG way; so this is not likely. Also please see my data mine comment in the third point of this section.
    2.a. We need to remember that this has a balance to it if the rewards were too good we would be **** that they were adding a wall to getting it.
    2.b. I ran a sith team:
    - R7 Palp, R7 Malak, R7 Sith Trooper, R4 DR, and then my next best sith toon (gear 12 badstilla, 11 Vader, 12 Sion)
    So I missed the (Min req.) for crystal feat because of this BUT i didn't feel the pressure to get another sith to R5 so perhaps tweak it but this didnt actually bother me to much because the rewards were not so great that I felt I was missing out. So I dont think this neccessarilly is a paywall, because its a paywall for small rewards which does suck still but I dont feel cheated/slighted by this. @Kisakee mentioned feeling cheated and I get that, which is why i think they need to be tweaked, but not vastly changed.
    I seldom got through this challenge with more than 3 sith characters (I also tried my full R7 GAS team), so I could see myself redoing this challenge lots IF the rewards were even slightly better for the don't lose a unit feat
    2.c. Undersized Squad feat, doesn't require great rewards, so people don't feel they have to repeat the battles. Personally speaking I am a completionist when it comes to games so I feel like I have to get 3 star completion. I think from a not wanting to rerun the same low tier battles again viewpoint:
    I would appreciate if there was a mechanic that you completed a challenge level you do not need to repeat this in every lower tier as well. Once again perhaps slightly better rewards could be nice if they didnt change this but by no means if I wasn't a completionist would I battle the low tiers at its current reward. @Bulldog1205 alluded to get lower rewards when you complete high teir challenges
    3. We should remember the datamines had a new currency image, so I think we will be getting a new store and perhaps get currency for those really bad rewarded feats. This is just a hypothesis, could be totally wrong.

New buffs/debuffs Mechanics:
    I think this was a fun addition, not particularly great nor bad, just adding something different did at least add something more to think about and strategize around.

Metaphor here: its like eating a pizza that you have already been eating the same toppings for a long time and then getting a new topping; still that same pizza with something slightly different that made it a bit different (Not great and not bad its just different)

This lends more of a comment on the fact this is the same PVE content reskinned -hopefully this leads to somethings I mention below in better Feats.

Lore:
    When did the sith ever battle the seperatists. I wish the rewards were more lore based like clones vs. seps, jedi vs. seps, sith vs. the old republic, sith vs jedi... you get the point

Better Feats:
    I think more feats are neccessary: like defeat grievous with kenobi attack, gain title 'so uncivilized' and maybe a couple gear pieces
    Same general idea as above but you get a couple gear peices and title rewards that relate lore

This could additionally be like an unlockable cutscene that lets us see a nice cinematic moment

I think I covered a lot of things, and I will let this be a part 1 to a future post (Mans gotta get back to studying for my engineering exam in 2 days)
  • As someone who started playing right about a month ago, and expects to be level 60 in another day or two -

Gee, I feel really bad for all of you because the rewards you got were "so bad". I expect I'll be lucky to be able to finish tier 1 AT ALL with another week's worth of leveling. But yeah, my heart just positively bleeds for you getting "bad" rewards. Geez. It's better than no rewards at all.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Took some time to put my thoughts into this exhibition round:

1) If this event is going to be a week long on each planet (theme):
    i) We should have 3 "rounds" similar to GAC-
    each round should have different modifiers to promote different strategies and potentially cater to players' roster a bit more (same factions, just promote different leaderships/comps)
    ii) Feats definitely should award peoples roster with interesting avatars/titles to give a sense of accomplishment. These titles should scale too, based on what tier the title/avatar was earned: slightly different pictures and title versions per feat (see titles awarded for Rey and Kylo gear farming)

2) If you want players to truly engage in this content beyond the initial few attempts per tier, there should be grindable awards at every successful completion! (cap it at 50 attempts or something)
    what's the harm in players earning 1 Carbanti/stun gun per attempt and the event pays out over time in each round? So theoretically a player could grind the top tiers for each "round" and have a full craft piece:
    ie. rnd 1: 50 Carbanti (split up between top 2 tiers for example)
    rnd 2: 25 Stun guns (split up between top tiers)
    rnd 3: 25 stun guns (split up between top tiers)

3) If players have 3* all three rounds over the week, there should be a bonus round of extreme difficulty (scaled per tiers they 3*) where players can earn additional titles/rewards.

Few initial ideas based on the first impression.
  • this is it? relic level 5 malak getting one shotted.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Leorinle wrote: »
    As someone who started playing right about a month ago, and expects to be level 60 in another day or two -

Gee, I feel really bad for all of you because the rewards you got were "so bad". I expect I'll be lucky to be able to finish tier 1 AT ALL with another week's worth of leveling. But yeah, my heart just positively bleeds for you getting "bad" rewards. Geez. It's better than no rewards at all.

Don't worry, the rewards will be useless for you too.
  • Duration should be 1-2 days.

Why is there a 15 minute timer? Timer unnecessary.

High tier rewards giving mark 1 items we have thousands of, really? Where are the stun cuffs, stun guns, carbs, golden eyeballs? Highest tier rewards should be commensurate with what highest tier players need. I do not need mark 1 anything.

Gating the only useful rewards at highest tier behind relics is pay to play. Here's an idea, make the event challenging and fun enough that you don't need artificial gates.

I don't see anything "new" with this event, it feels just like every single other event we've had for years, except that we can't sim this one.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Boring, uninventive, same old style of gameplay with absolutely a joke for rewards.... were we really expecting anything more. They constantly disrespect the franchise, as well as their customer/player base . This is CG. This took over a year to put together....
  • GoTwisted wrote: »
    The Good
    • It's content and not a pack B)

I saw three new packs hit the store as a result of this mess.

I'm pretty sure those are old packs they just brought back for this event.
  • I liked them. There is room to improve, especially the rewards. Overall, I think having these daily could be pretty cool.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Why is there a 15 minute timer? Timer unnecessary.

We were told it was put in there to limit/remove some level of possible exploitation.
  • So I was playing basketball CG style and this guy kept dunking on me but I told him none of those dunks counted because he isn't even 6 feet tall and he has to be 6 feet tall to score points so I ended up winning.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Guys,as a reminder this is the exhibition season,they sayed to provide feedback on rewards and event because they are subject to change,so let's give a feedback that thry can use,not just is thrash,that beeing sayed i can stand by the rest of thr community that it needs improvement 100%,the battles tend to go on the LSTB feeling,but this is not the big problem,First of all the rewards are really bad till lvl 6-7,on top of that the only feat that gives you something is paywalled with r3-r5 characters(it should not be so,if a player will beat that tire with an r1 team good for him,i had to take my bsf from r3 to r5 just to get the rewards it was lame...),the rest of the feats are there for 1k credits,even at the last lvl i get nothing out of them,also the first lvls besides the shards even new player don't really need that gear or help them in a meaningful way,the only thing is ok are the crystals but i would like to see a 5-10-15 crystals on the lower lvl even if that means CG has to decrease the crystal pool at the top end,the modifiers were some how dull this time,because i was playing a game of waiting for the enemy to kill itself from dots,i got the sith buff like 2-3 times but i could never stack it since i did such a low dmg and they would have died by dots not by my characters.
    Also i think the enemy shouod have some planet or event new abilitys that we don't have in game just to make the fight more interesting,or if you really wanna make the fan base happy just remove the modifiers after you did complete the event like someone already mentioned before.
    Thd gear needs to be modified to a more desirable one in the lower lvl by everyone,and the gear cap for the feats should be max r1 if there needs to be a cap at all.
    Thank you!

No, this is so bad it should have been known.