Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So I was playing basketball CG style and this guy kept dunking on me but I told him none of those dunks counted because he isn't even 6 feet tall and he has to be 6 feet tall to score points so I ended up winning.

Thats funny because I went to run a race around a small mountain, and instead I ran up and over the top. Its more of a challenge but they didn't give me the rewards for coming in first place.
  • This would be my ideal set up for this content. first would be daily use; either a new event daily or a refresh daily. The rewards for tier 6 and 7 event itself are fine. The feets change to some currency for a new store. have the event reward for tier 5 be useful gear; stunguns come to mind. Have tier 1 - 4 event rewards be the same gear prorated accordingly. The feets currency rewards be prorated accordingly. Use currency to get character shards or gear as in all stores. Wish list would be for vehicles but that's just me.

or just drop a bunch of missing ships. (A-wing, B-wing, resistance bomber, Tie Interceptor, etc..)
  • Leorinle wrote: »
    As someone who started playing right about a month ago, and expects to be level 60 in another day or two -

Gee, I feel really bad for all of you because the rewards you got were "so bad". I expect I'll be lucky to be able to finish tier 1 AT ALL with another week's worth of leveling. But yeah, my heart just positively bleeds for you getting "bad" rewards. Geez. It's better than no rewards at all.

They've been teasing this mode for 10x longer than you've been playing the game and so far it doesn't live up to the hype. Hoping it improves from the critical feedback, but it's rare around here...
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Oh i thought of another criticism....

Why is galactic "challenges" under the events section and not the challenges section?
  • I'm so glad I don't have to complete dailies to access this content. That would've been adding insult to injury.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    So I was playing basketball CG style and this guy kept dunking on me but I told him none of those dunks counted because he isn't even 6 feet tall and he has to be 6 feet tall to score points so I ended up winning.

Thats funny because I went to run a race around a small mountain, and instead I ran up and over the top. Its more of a challenge but they didn't give me the rewards for coming in first place.

This a great analogy because you still get credit for finishing the race just not the rewards. Now had they specifically said you couldn’t go over the mountain you'd get the rewards, just wouldn't be allowed to participate in the next race.
  • Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

This a great analogy because you still get credit for finishing the race just not the rewards. Now had they specifically said you couldn’t go over the mountain you'd get the rewards, just wouldn't be allowed to participate in the next race.

They would let you pick the race to sit out.
  • As a paying customer i have the right to gripe. This isn't fun new re-playable content-it's assault battles redux. The rewards are fine-i didn't care about them anyways. I wanted something to test my roster. Wait, that isn't right-I wanted something where i could test my various roster comps in a semi-real-world scenario. What do we get? TM loaded super buffed non sense. Oh-and detriments to using various factions etc. Just stop already. Why do you (CG) insist on playing the sadist? Why can't you give the base what they want? A place to play and have fun with comps outside the crystal suck of arena? Fix this. Make a toggle switch for the modifiers-off or on-off doesn't allow rewards and stop with the TM loading etc. Give us R7 opponent comps with stats akin to the best mods in game. Make the tiers actually progress and scale-not the night and day difference between T4/5. You (CG) just can't help yourselves from disappointing the base. From GL's and that horrible "content" to no new raids, to this delayed abomination a high school student could have created in 15 minutes. I've tried to replay this. Probably 30 times or so. It just isn't fun. It could be. It should be.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Hey guys, hope I am right here!

You said that we should give you some feedback about the length of the new event.

7 days seems kinda long in my opinion. There is not a lot of variety between the different tiers like changing modifiers or other teams. Also the rewards seems kinda "meh".
    Crystals are good but we need a bit more gear like 1 or 2 pieces of carbantis, stun guns etc.

I'd go for a 2-3 day routine for this mode.

I personally love those new modifiers! Hope to see them in TW/GAC.

Really looking forward into updates to Galactic Challenges!
  • As a paying customer i have the right to gripe. This isn't fun new re-playable content-it's assault battles redux. The rewards are fine-i didn't care about them anyways. I wanted something to test my roster. Wait, that isn't right-I wanted something where i could test my various roster comps in a semi-real-world scenario. What do we get? TM loaded super buffed non sense. Oh-and detriments to using various factions etc. Just stop already. Why do you (CG) insist on playing the sadist? Why can't you give the base what they want? A place to play and have fun with comps outside the crystal suck of arena? Fix this. Make a toggle switch for the modifiers-off or on-off doesn't allow rewards and stop with the TM loading etc. Give us R7 opponent comps with stats akin to the best mods in game. Make the tiers actually progress and scale-not the night and day difference between T4/5. You (CG) just can't help yourselves from disappointing the base. From GL's and that horrible "content" to no new raids, to this delayed abomination a high school student could have created in 15 minutes. I've tried to replay this. Probably 30 times or so. It just isn't fun. It could be. It should be.

This is it 100% Just make it so we can toggle on and off the modifiers (also don't allow them to do things they couldn't in PVP areas like ignore taught like they seemingly can do in this event. )

This one little change would make all the difference in the world
  • I was looking forward to this. I am not impressed. Just the opposite.

The rewards are locked behind relic requirements.

An all R7 team of Rey, GAS, BB8, JTR, and 5's can't beat the no loss feat of tier 5? For a higher tier, ok, but not this early. I get needing a certain team, but when all R7 can't do a tier 5, it is way off. Kind of silly. I don't even want to try anything else when that kind of thing happens. I understand people quitting when the devs are so far off realistic.

And why such poor rewards? Grey and green gear in T6&7???

7 days of this? With 1 day of rewards? Waaaay to long for basically not being able to even try different comps that are competitive. See tier 5 comment. It might be ok if R7 teams could beat tier 5.

There is no way to really test any teams in this. My R5 malak gets one shot. R3 vader can't even finish MM. Sion gets one-shot. How is this supposed to be enjoyable? Why would I want to repeat an event when I don't get to use a character because he doesn't get to move and is killed?

Suggestions:
    Allow us to turn off the modifiers. This will actually allow us to test teams.

Don't have us face the same team over and over, ad infinitum. It can't be too hard to change some of characters we face.

Tune the events better.

Do NOT lock the rewards behind any requirements beyond the team. If we can beat the feat, let us. It can't be that hard to make the feat in each tier to need relics to win, but to require us to have them to get it is not fun or challenging. Challenging is taking teams that really shouldn't win, and winning, and we should be rewarded for that, not spending money.

Canon - At least try a little to think of it. Characters that were involved in the location would be more enjoyable, at least to me. One sith was on Tatooine and him once, and he would be less than useless in this event. The characters that were, aren't worth two hoots in a holler in this event.

Please listen to the community, please, just once.

• Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    This is absurdly pathetic content for 8 months of work or more ?

Even if there are like another 5 or so galactic challenge events it’s still incredibly poor content and the loot is pathetic......even if you somehow complete a feat , if any of your Characters arnt relic then you won’t get the rewards ......that’s pretty low !

No cut scenes? No like pazazz, ya know glam to it.

Let’s talk honestly about what’s gone into this as it truly is lazy.

We have new splash screen for picking tiers and viewing feats / rewards.
    Click battle and your straight into a lacklustre background with characters and enemy’s already in game....all that’s happened is modifiers have been given / numbers tweaked .

I want content that feels epic....like the reek, sith raid epicness, haat and Hpit epicness, cut scenes and massive epic foes .

So disappointed , could and should’ve been sooo much more. CG are proper milking this for as little effort as possible.

And that £100 pack , wow it just looks horrible and way overpriced.

Maybe just maybe they spilt drink or suntan lotion on there laptops whilst bumming around the Caribbean on a catamaran, I don’t know but somethings fishy about this companies ethics.

• Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    Monomer wrote: »
    Firefox54 wrote: »

This is being discussed in the rewards thread, since we have over 200 characters, the reward here can be seen as a farming spot to help gear up the rest of our roster to a point, not necessarily the place to farm gear to get to the next tier in this event.

Also this is not the final iteration, so rewards mat change.

Kyno ... in general I appreciate your calm attitude and general positive attitude towards the game ... but really, we have over 200 characters (true) but many of us have 1000s of some of the gear being given out at **lvl 6** ... that's just unacceptable

This is NOT acceptable even for a "first" iteration (which it's not) ... this a simplified version of the challenge tiers ... with more constraints to block the good rewards

From things they have said, they never want to "take away" rewards. Since they don't exactly know the frequency, I am assuming they didnt want to start high and risk it coming down.

I know that's not a comforting feeling but its likely true. Feedback helps and in the end we may end up with a decent event and rewards, but we will have to wade through this to even see what it will turn into.

That just begs the question of how can they not understand appropriate rewards for the tiers. Do the people who make the game actually play it?

For economic balance the rewards would be different if it was 2 days vs 7. I think they wanted to set it up more to give us something to play. So the timeline is one of the important factors, then they will balance the rewards off that.

Kyno ... I don't understand the "economic balance" comment ... will I be able to replay the event tomorrow (I do need the Sith Trooper shards)? If the game refreshes everyday, that's something (while I need those shards). otherwise, I don't understand the "economic balance" of how long the event is.

The event is replayable for the 7 day period, but once you win the rewards there is no refresh for those. You can get them again when the event runs again. So if they run the event for 7 days vs 2 days, we get more rewards when its run every 2 days, as this same event would run more often in a given month

Wouldn’t “economic balance” be poor rewards more often or good rewards less often instead of the current route of poor rewards less often?
  • glaucon
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    So if the devs want feedback:

1. The gameplay is disappointing in how repetitive it is. It is very similar to a wave of Geo TB or the assault battles. Those are the main non-raid pve things to do. This is just more of that, rather than being different. Second, like geo tb and assault battles don't help with the pvp side of the game in TW/GAC/Arena. That is fine, but making it more like existing pve doesn't help players theorycraft or try new things they can apply elsewhere in the game.

I think CG could make the gameplay more interesting by leaning into creating unique pve battles - like Reek, like the Malak event - or a revamped Galactic War to revive that mode, or as a kind of sandbox mode for TW/GAC/Arena. This test is underwhelming to me because it is repetitive of an already repetitive pve experience.

2. The rewards need to be rethought. Because the game mode doesn't tie into the pvp modes, and because rewards are all one-time, there is no incentive to engage with the mode once you get your rewards. Also, putting a hard gear requirement on rewards is just a poor idea. Difficulty can act as a soft gear requirement. I also don't mind the feats requiring a faction - even if I would prefer faction bonuses to locking rewards behind a faction - it is the gear aspect of that that I think is not the right way forward.

In short, this test run didn't really work for me because it plays like the already existing pve gameplay and doesn't provide much of an incentive to keep engaging with the event.
  • Why do I need 6 days to do the galactic challenges? It takes 40 minutes max.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    arbster wrote: »
    Tier 7 Flawless feat completed with this team, which are all Sith, but because I've had the temerity to make the event harder for myself, and thus more of a challenge to complete, I'm not allowed the best rewards. In which universe does this make sense?

xm963nlhherq.png
    Tier 7 Flawless feat completed with this team, which are all Sith, but because I've had the temerity to make the event harder for myself, and thus more of a challenge to complete, I'm not allowed the best rewards. In which universe does this make sense?

xm963nlhherq.png

xm963nlhherq.png

Same question with the required level. If I manage to beat the event with weaker toons, that would seem like more of an accomplishment
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Eweff wrote: »

xm963nlhherq.png

xm963nlhherq.png

xm963nlhherq.png

Same question with the required level. If I manage to beat the event with weaker toons, that would seem like more of an accomplishment

You'd think. But in CG's mind, the event isn't about the fun of trying to figure out a way to beat it or even in the playing, it's about making sure people spend relic materials to be able to play.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • sndnichols wrote: »
    An all R7 team of Rey, GAS, BB8, JTR, and 5's can't beat the no loss feat of tier 5? For a higher tier, ok, but not this early. I get needing a certain team, but when all R7 can't do a tier 5, it is way off. Kind of silly. I don't even want to try anything else when that kind of thing happens. I understand people quitting when the devs are so far off realistic.

I got the flawless victory on tier 7 with Rey, JKR, GK, hoda and GS. It takes a few tries, but you just have to stay alive until you can mark and kill GG. Regardless, the event sucks.

This lineup worked for me as well on tier 7... weirdly it doesn't work for me on tier 5, but I am also not going to keep trying for those horrible rewards.

• Forgot to say in my post earlier.

If this is what we have to look forward to then just stick on a daily event. Exhibition or not this is too long for this tiny “content”.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    As a paying customer i have the right to gripe.

Everyone has the right to gripe.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think they need to have this event run every 2 days and slightly improve rewards. Stun cuffs, carbanit, stun guns, etc. Do that, and I think this works well.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    As a paying customer i have the right to gripe.

Everyone has the right to gripe.

Some of us exercise that right more often than others. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I will make separate feedback about rewards in the other thread. But even with this left out it is currently disappointing.

I want to test my roster (and this could be even rewardless) but the current setup with those buffs and enemy units with speeds and health outside what is possible with normal gear and mods does not help me practice for grand arena and after i beat the current setting once it becomes meaningless for me and I want to sim it in the future
    -- Please have an option to fight against changing teams with regular characters,gear and mods at several gear levels without those buffs.

It is boring after you beat it once. There is only one enemy team over and over again.
    - 7 days is way to much for this. It should be daily or even better change after a battle. Like 1st time droids,2nd geos, then nute etc.
    - i hope that this current GG team does not reoccur the next time I fight separatists (else this is just like assault battles)... I hope you do not simply exchange the buffs for the next rotation.

The difficulty is not nicely tuned. It goes from too easy straight to one hit kills by sniper droid.

The feat of having a minimum gear level is not logical. It would make more sense to have this as "below that gear lvl". This would actually be an interesting challenge. Having feats like "do not use all slots", "have everyone survive" or "use a pure faction" team are good.

If you want to keep this mode as it is (buffs, special non standard chars so it is more and TB like. Could you consider an option to fight my last grand arena opponent's teams (after scoring during the setup time of the next opponent) an unlimited time with all my roaster unlocked with current mods?

• I thought worst case scenario this would be an upgraded form of assault battles. It’s somehow a worse version of assault battles with worse rewards.
  • I am under the impression CG will be looking at these forums. It would be great to have a toggle which is suggested. Like many others, I would love to be able to test teams I use for pvp, but it is impossible with this. It would be great to play the event as CG intended for the reward and the fun, but then turn off the buffs and have teams that we would see in GAC to practice against. Loots are ok at best. There is too much low gear stuff that that once you get past a certain point are worthless.
    Character shards along with a currency that we could buy what we want when we want it would be great. Just don't turn it into something we have to hoard for like Malek and so on.
  • Additional comment - if the theme is places - why don't the enemy and player squads go with the place? Separists for Tatoonine? Why now Jawas or Tusken?
  • Who else thought galactic challenge were a little disappointing?