Autoset GAC Defense

snookalo
289 posts Member
edited August 2020
Can this be changed to set the lowest toons instead of the highest ones? It really only hurts the person who is actually playing and trying to get feats, portraits, or titles. Also, if you actually forgot to set instead of just refusing to, you might have a chance to get some points with your better teams. 3 of my last 4 opponents have been auto set.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe the point is that the defense is set and the opponent doesnt really have a chance to win ,unless you mess up.
  • If it was the other way around and you were able to send singles in to beat teams you’d win as well. Even with their best available there should be no way to beat a person who solo’d most of your squads.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    snookalo wrote: »
    If it was the other way around and you were able to send singles in to beat teams you’d win as well. Even with their best available there should be no way to beat a person who solo’d most of your squads.

But then they could also come back and win because they would have all thier top toons.

The current setup it's your to lose.
  • snookalo
    289 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    How can you win? If I solo 9 of 11 teams I’m going to get a lot more points than you do. If I lose against your worst than that’s on me. You might can still clear but you’ll never hit the score i will. As it sits now on both my accounts, yes both were auto set this round 😑, I hope that I can clear one side. I might get an automatic win but these one time portraits and such are out the window. It might not be much but what else do I got to play for? No way to get kyber when you run up against auto set D 2 of 3.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The current auto set defenses are a nice break from the usual defenses. They push you to find different solutions and use your teams and roster in new ways to clear your opponent's defense. Setting the lowest characters would make it boring.
  • Lol. The usual defenses would be a nice break from the auto set for me. I forgot to sign up the first round so ive ended up in auto set hell.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Lol. The usual defenses would be a nice break from the auto set for me. I forgot to sign up the first round so ive ended up in auto set hell.

Hell? Free wins with challenging offense.
    The solution is straight forward: Sign up for the first GA next time. Why bug the developers for this?
  • Why can’t I have an opinion?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Solution for what, exactly, Waqui?

The solution to the problem presented by OP in his comment which I quoted. Here! I'll quote it again - just for you:
    Lol. The usual defenses would be a nice break from the auto set for me. I forgot to sign up the first round so ive ended up in auto set hell.

If you don't see it now, I would recommend asking one of your friends to explain it to you.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    What would forgetting to sign up have to do with auto set hell?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

OP made that connection. If that's how he sees it the solution to his problem is simple: Remember to sign up.
  • That doesn’t mean that something doesn’t need to be changed about it, just because i know how I got there.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    If you miss signing up for the first GA in the GAC then in the second GA you are likely to be in a bracket full of inactives who just join and let autodeploy do the rest.
  • snookalo wrote: »
    Can this be changed to set the lowest toons instead of the highest ones? It really only hurts the person who is actually playing and trying to get feats, portraits, or titles. Also, if you actually forgot to set instead of just refusing to, you might have a chance to get some points with your better teams. 3 of my last 4 opponents have been auto set.

This would not be an equitable solution for all the other active participants if you were able to easily complete feats. The feats are supposed to be challenging, which is why you earn bonus points which would move you up the rankings. I bet there is a high probability that if you can’t complete feats against an auto D, you probably couldn’t have gotten them against a player set D either.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • The_Indomitable
    105 posts Member
    edited August 2020

Not all feats are the same. If the auto defense sets lowest go toons then it will be harder to accomplish feats such as "gain foresight 20 times" or "gain taunt 50 times".

All your suggestion does is replace one problem with another.

What you could do instead is get better at predicting which opponents auto-set defense. Then you can have all your best teams on offense. You could even claim the victory, earn a lot of points, and do any feats you want.
  • Get better at predicting whether my opponent sat D? 😂😂😂😂😂
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    If you miss signing up for the first GA in the GAC then in the second GA you are likely to be in a bracket full of inactives who just join and let autodeploy do the rest.

oh, he meant bc opponents are autoset and thinks that makes it harder? ty
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • snookalo wrote: »
    Get better at predicting whether my opponent sat D? 😂😂😂😂😂

If your opponent isn't registered on swgoh.gg, you can use the in-game stats.

Player #1 has about 5.7M GP
    dso0j5327pkt.png

Player #2 has about 3.4 M GP
    2pwpxfxru86z.png

It's honestly not that hard to guess if your opponent might set auto-defense or not. A good strategy would allow you to succeed regardless of your opponent's decisions.
  • snookalo
    289 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Maybe I’ll just let auto set fill my D from now on since it’s done so well. We can all do it! Yay gac!