I Have GAS and I Want Him Nerfed

13jkelly
104 posts Member
edited August 2020
Supposedly GAS is a epic confrontation character just like malak, but if I put a relic 7 GAS and relic 7 malak Gas will always win just within two hits. Every attack GAS has equals two hits and both are ridiculous damage. He is basically a mini GL. So many characters in this game are stupidly OP.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• You know he can be countered using CLS, the first legendary CG introduced into this game? He’s good, just not OP...
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    af5f4pk5xyq2.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• He can be nerfed by removing all his mods. We’ll follow your lead. Pinky swear.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Gas was designed to be a counter to Malak. That’s a bad comparison to make for a nerf argument.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    wait, what year is it?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    You know he can be countered using CLS, the first legendary CG introduced into this game? He’s good, just not OP...

First Hero's journey*

First legendary was gmy ;)
  • Right right whatever lol. CLS is a relatively old character yet he’s still relevant to this day. Him being able to take down GAS is a testament to that
  • Newly released meta characters are supposed to be better than old ones, so it makes sense that GAS is better than Malak. Gls are more powerful than GAS. That’s how this game works.
  • 13jkelly
    104 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    It’s ok for GAS to be better I understand that but to take malak out is less than 5 seconds is ridiculous. They are in the same category as a character malak should be able to at least survive longer than 5 seconds. When facing a darth revan team I literally go for malak first cause I know he will get one shotted. Darth revan has a better fighting chance because he can equalize health.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    wait, what year is it?

2020 going on 4 years now...
  • Sebek wrote: »
    13jkelly wrote: »
    It’s ok for GAS to be better I understand that but to take malak out is less than 5 seconds is ridiculous. They are in the same category as a character malak should be able to at least survive longer than 5 seconds. When facing a darth revan team I literally go for malak first cause I know he will get one shotted. Darth revan has a better fighting chance because he can equalize health.

Hey, Darth Vader(Old Character) beats Galactic Legends(New Meta). And everyone has Vader. Also GAS is Balanced, Cls can Beat him

Vader by himself can’t beat any GL. Most likely needs wat, BSF, some even use DR, and thrawn. I’m just talking about single characters as themselves not just teams. In my opinion malak is more of a journey character compared to GAS.
  • 13jkelly wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »

Hey, Darth Vader(Old Character) beats Galactic Legends(New Meta). And everyone has Vader. Also GAS is Balanced, Cls can Beat him
    In my opinion malak is more of a journey character compared to GAS.
    Your entire argument starts from r7 GAS taking r7 Malak in 2 hits, which is not true. Malak actually has a fair chance against GAS one on one, as long as he is tanky enough to get in 2 drains (which should be the case at r7).

It shouldn't be a surprise, however, that a newer character of the same event type (EC) is somewhat stronger than the previous one. Key part is somewhat, as the power scaling between the two is exaggerated in this thread.
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Sebek wrote: »

Vader by himself can’t beat any GL. Most likely needs wat, BSF, some even use DR, and thrawn. I’m just talking about single characters as themselves not just teams. In my opinion malak is more of a journey character compared to GAS.

Allow me to make a few predictions about things that are absolutely unfair in this game by your standards:
    • That Rey (Jedi Training) can beat Commander Luke Skywalker in a 1v1 practically every time. Clearly Luke is much more of a Journey character than Rey (despite that she has Undispellable healing immunity, daze and ability block, and high evasion. Practically everything that counters CLS in one package)
    • That Pamdé lead team can beat GAS lead team. I mean, this is a normal Event character beating a Journey character. How dare she!
    • That Bastilla Lead can beat Palpatine Lead. Even worse, a simple marquee character countering a Legendary??? It must drive you insane!!
    • That Grievous team can beat Jedi Revan team. This must be the ultimate insult to you. A character that isn't tied to any event beating an ancient journey character. This must be unacceptable to you. It almost can't get worse.
    If, trough some herculean leap of (anti) logic, you still haven't realized that your standards are the problem here, then clearly "Balance" and "Counters" are words that have no meaning to you. In which case I'm afraid there isn't a single online game out there that you will enjoy (and even the offline ones will be quite limited too). All I can do then is feel sorry for you and wonder how your horizon got that narrow.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • That’s another thing: I’ve never seen a R7 Malak be one shotted by a R7 GAS from full health and protection. Either the R7 Malak has no mods and GAS had god level RNG or you’re exaggerating.
  • That’s another thing: I’ve never seen a R7 Malak be one shotted by a R7 GAS from full health and protection. Either the R7 Malak has no mods and GAS had god level RNG or you’re exaggerating.

Wish I had such Poorly-modded Malak's in my arena. Would make things a lot easier.
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »

Wish I had such Poorly-modded Malak's in my arena. Would make things a lot easier.

I’ve seen a poorly modded Malak in GAC but not in arena 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well your GAS is not very well modded I would say. I have GAS modded for only protection. I can go up against a Darth revan team choose Malak as target do a basic from GAS and he’s gone. I’m not speaking as someone who’s dying to GAS with malak. Yes I understand there can be counters but if we look at each character ability vs ability, damage vs damage GAS in every way destroys malak. I know GAS is a newer character he’s supposed to be better I get that, but in my opinion they over powered him way to much above malak. GAS literally can hit 100k with a basic and that’s not counting his Telekenisis attack. Malak to even get close to that has to use drain life and can’t use it as often. GAS should be limited to one attack not two. Malak is a very good character but GAS is just ridiculous.

• Yes my GAS must be modded like trash > https://swgoh.gg/p/812755916/characters/general-skywalker

GAS is also an attacker, not a tank like Malak. So wouldn’t it make sense for an attacker to hit harder than a tank?

Again the fact that an old heroes journey character can counter GAS means he’s not OP or needing a nerf like you suggest