They think Aayla Secura wasn't a Jedi General?

Prev1
jessica_secura
9 posts Member
edited August 2020
So, this was found by some folks ...
4gxmap4nx39m.png

And since people need a reminder, "The 327th Star Corps was a military corps of the Grand Army of the Republic, composed of clone troopers bred to fight for the Galactic Republic. Led by Jedi General Aayla Secura and her trusted clone Commander, CC-5052, the 327th fought against the Separatist droid armies on multiple planets across the galaxy." (source)

Replies

• So, this was found by some folks ...
    4gxmap4nx39m.png

And since people need a reminder, "The 327th Star Corps was a military corps of the Grand Army of the Republic, composed of clone troopers bred to fight for the Galactic Republic. Led by Jedi General Aayla Secura and her trusted clone Commander, CC-5052, the 327th fought against the Separatist droid armies on multiple planets across the galaxy." (source)

Actually in the 501st of the original battlefront she was confirmed to be a Jedi general and even in the clone wars TV show
  • So, this was found by some folks ...
    4gxmap4nx39m.png

Actually in the 501st of the original battlefront she was confirmed to be a Jedi general and even in the clone wars TV show

She was leading the 327th who were being assisted by the 501st in that sequence

I am well aware that Aayla was a general in the movies, the show Clone Wars, and every other Star Wars media. It appears the people who made this feat do not, which was my post.
  • I agree she is a general first and foremost, in what I believe is her first appearance in the clone wars season 1 episode 13 Jedi Crash; the episode description at the beginning of the episode is:

"When Anakin Skywalker is gravely injured in battle, Jedi General Aayla Secura must teach Ahsoka the Jedi philosophy of having no personal attachments -- while they brave a hostile planet in search of medical help for the Jedi Knight."

But I also did some research on this, and there seems to be some distinguishing attributes for general ranks
    - High Jedi Generals & Senior Jedi Generals (Masters such as what we see above + Anakin)
    - Jedi Generals (refers to Jedi Knights such as ahsoka, Barris)
    - Jedi Commanders (Jedi Padawans)

So technically at the start of the clone wars (SW attack of the clones) she was a Jedi Knight which means she would not have met that greater category

And it is said that after most events in the clone wars she then became a Jedi Master (the larger category) towards the end of the clone wars.

So if they specifically said the high general thing it would be different but otherwise you're 100% right
  • jessica_secura
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Darion wrote: »
    I agree she is a general first and foremost, in what I believe is her first appearance in the clone wars season 1 episode 13 Jedi Crash; the episode description at the beginning of the episode is:

"When Anakin Skywalker is gravely injured in battle, Jedi General Aayla Secura must teach Ahsoka the Jedi philosophy of having no personal attachments -- while they brave a hostile planet in search of medical help for the Jedi Knight."

But I also did some research on this, and there seems to be some distinguishing attributes for general ranks
    - High Jedi Generals & Senior Jedi Generals (Masters such as what we see above + Anakin)

So technically at the start of the clone wars (SW attack of the clones) she was a Jedi Knight which means she would not have met that greater category

And it is said that after most events in the clone wars she then became a Jedi Master (the larger category) towards the end of the clone wars.

So if they specifically said the high general thing it would be different but otherwise you're 100% right

Got bad news for you about Anakin’s high general status ... he wasn’t one. Kit and Lumi weren’t either.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    So, this was found by some folks ...
    4gxmap4nx39m.png

She was leading the 327th who were being assisted by the 501st in that sequence

I am well aware that Aayla was a general in the movies, the show Clone Wars, and every other Star Wars media. It appears the people who made this feat do not, which was my post.

Lol i didn’t realize she was in the movies so I googled it, standing as a hologram and then dying weakly barely qualifies, but still. And wow I forgot how bad the prequels were but seeing that terrible animation reminded me.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • The real question is

Even of she were on the feat, were you planning on doing it with her? Because I don't think anybody would lol
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    The real question is

Even of she were on the feat, were you planning on doing it with her? Because I don't think anybody would lol

My Aayla is relic’d. She goes well with Barriss KAM and others. *shrug*

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Given that this feat seems pretty easy to complete with GMY and either version of Anakin, I'm having a hard time caring about a minor lore inconsistency.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    How many times do we have to go over this, this game does not go off official canon.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    mariogsh wrote: »
    The real question is

Shes actually one of the better out of many on that list

• LordDirt wrote: »
    How many times do we have to go over this, this game does not go off official canon.

Idk man.. The feats use to be
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Hey, how 'bout some love for Imma Gun' Die:

"Ima-Gun Di was a male Kajain'sa'Nikto Jedi Master who served the Jedi Order as a General during the Clone Wars. He was killed on Ryloth by Separatist droid forces while helping to save its people." - wookieepedia
  • How about ima gun di
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Darion wrote: »
    I agree she is a general first and foremost, in what I believe is her first appearance in the clone wars season 1 episode 13 Jedi Crash; the episode description at the beginning of the episode is:

Got bad news for you about Anakin’s high general status ... he wasn’t one. Kit and Lumi weren’t either.

I agree with you he was a senior Jedi general, it was kinda my mistake lumping High General and Senior General in the same thing but I did it because it seemed to emphasize the list they had put together.
  • Seems pointless seeing that most of the GR jedis in the game is pretty much meh.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    The real question is

All they have to do is reclassify her as an attacker and then, bam, she's good. She needs damage more than she needs health steal.

Aayla was my first g12, I've got a healthy respect for her! ....But man I wish she was an Attacker...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    The real question is

All they have to do is reclassify her as an attacker and then, bam, she's good. She needs damage more than she needs health steal.
    If you look at her kit, it fits perfectly for KAM. Support role on GMY and Aayla is a lot more valuable now than being branded an attacker.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    The real question is

If you look at her kit, it fits perfectly for KAM. Support role on GMY and Aayla is a lot more valuable now than being branded an attacker.

To be clear, I don't think they need to change her kit at all! She's fantastic. I just think they need to reclassify her from support to attacker--the only practical effect that would have on her is changing her Mastery Bonus from Accuracy, Health Steal, and Defense Penetration to Accuracy, DAMAGE, Defense Penetration.
  • KAM unique increases Support characters' offense by 10% of their max health (which is increased by 40% in a full GR team). At this point the Support role helps her more, previously Attacker could have been more beneficial.
  • KAM unique increases Support characters' offense by 10% of their max health (which is increased by 40% in a full GR team). At this point the Support role helps her more, previously Attacker could have been more beneficial.

Oh interesting. I read his abilities when he was announced, but since I know it’s going to be forever until I unlock him I haven’t checked since. I thought he gave 10% to all Jedi.
  • Why is Aayla Secura not considered as a general?
    She commanded the 327th star corps
  • Sometimes I wonder if CG even knows Star Wars.
  • Not that it matters, but why aren't Aayla Secura and Ima Gun Di (did I miss any?) considered generals for this challenge? The database explicitly states that those two characters were and there is literally a scene in ep. 3 with Aayla commanding troops. Can you tell I'm covid bored?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Well now the feat says Jedi Council Members. Makes more sense. Data mining for the loss in this case?

Except no list I've searched has Luminara Unduli as a member of the council in any capacity.

EDIT - The list from the Dev Post - Yoda, Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Eeth Koth, Shaak Ti, General Kenobi, Kit Fisto, Anakin Skywalker
  • Double post, but can they even get quotes correct? Considering he repeats it endlessly at one point, you'd think they could name the feat properly:

The Force is With Me and I am With the Force

"I am one with the Force. The Force is with me."
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Double post, but can they even get quotes correct? Considering he repeats it endlessly at one point, you'd think they could name the feat properly:

The Force is With Me and I am With the Force

"I am one with the Force. The Force is with me."

"The Force is with me,
    And I am one with the Force;
    And I fear nothing,
    Because all is as the Force wills it."
    ―The Guardian's Mantra, from Collected Poems, Prayers, and Meditations on the Force

Guardians of the Whills Chirrut Îmwe and Baze Malbus, who were killed while helping to steal the plans to the Death Star during the Battle of Scarif, both spoke the Mantra in their final moments.

maybe they're not naming the feat based on Chirrut's statement but the Guardian's Mantra which both of them spoke before they died?
  • @Cweneldic so they take the quote, still incorrect mind you, from some obscure extra literature not from the movie itself?

Interesting excuse.