Han apparently shot fifth?!?

Prev134
Ltswb1
550 posts Member
https://youtu.be/HuyR0X022-g

Since when do Krennik, Death Trooper, and Shore trooper go before Han’s Shoot First? It happened on both tries, which is why I recorded it the second time.

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I saw that exact same thing today as well
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    But only for 1 of my two attempts. Second one
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I thought in some events the opponent team is given priority at the start of the battle. but then i'm not sure why it would be different on different runs. i tossed this over to check for WAI, but as its not detrimental, it will most likely stay this way, unless its something with the new system that needs to be changed.
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    On both of my attempts Han went first so there's definitely something going on.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    One of my guildies confirms that the enemies went first on both of his attempts, as well
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    V01D wrote: »

I think the set up is han goes last on the round before it. Aka the killing blow was his turn.

Cant test it... but thats what happened in mine when i saw it and thats what is in the video above.

For me, my first time through chewy ended the 2nd round and han shot first in round 3.

Second time through hans turn landed the killing blow in round 2 (not an assist but his turn, i used basic)
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I think the set up is han goes last on the round before it. Aka the killing blow was his turn.

Cant test it... but thats what happened in mine when i saw it and thats what is in the video above.

First time chewy ended the 2nd round and han shot first in round 3.

That could be the case. I can't remember who ended the second round on my playthroughs.
  • It happened on one of my runs as well, not both.

Assuming it’s an issue with the new turn order system, and it would be a bug of sorts as Han is supposed to always go first according to the available information...
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    It happened on one of my runs as well, not both.

Assuming it’s an issue with the new turn order system, and it would be a bug of sorts as Han is supposed to always go first according to the available information...

I believe so as well.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    V01D wrote: »

For me, my first time through chewy ended the 2nd round and han shot first in round 3.

Second time through hans turn landed the killing blow in round 2 (not an assist but his turn, i used basic)

This is what happened to me. Han went last in 2/3 and then third or fourth in 3/3. I have had the same situation occur numerous times in this event but that did not stop Han from going first in 3/3. This is a new development. Something is broken, should be investigated.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb Can you guys take a look
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    they are looking into it. at first glance this seems to be WAI.
  • Except it goes against everything relating to Han's kit. Especially in regards to this event, which hasn't been run since their "turn meter overage" changes. I've never had Han not go first in the final wave regardless of who killed who in the previous wave until now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Except it goes against everything relating to Han's kit. Especially in regards to this event, which hasn't been run since their "turn meter overage" changes. I've never had Han not go first in the final wave regardless of who killed who in the previous wave until now.

as I said earlier, some events have built in priority to the enemy team. but i'm sure we will get an update once they look into this more.
  • Built in only when certain events occur on the previous wave? And never occurred before?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Built in only when certain events occur on the previous wave? And never occurred before?

that seems to be tied to how a bonus turn works and the speed of han and the other toons, and the last set of actions from the previous wave.

there are many factors involved, which is why they are looking into it, but it seems to be WAI at first glance.
  • If this event is one of those “give priority to” events that means they changed the workings of the event without notification, since before the turn order overflow rework this never ever happened. If the team had built in priority, we would have seen it before.

Point is, Han should always shoot first (Han v Han coin flip aside). If they want priority to enemy toons, don’t make Han available to use in the squad like they do with marquee releases.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If this event is one of those “give priority to” events that means they changed the workings of the event without notification, since before the turn order overflow rework this never ever happened. If the team had built in priority, we would have seen it before.

Point is, Han should always shoot first (Han v Han coin flip aside). If they want priority to enemy toons, don’t make Han available to use in the squad like they do with marquee releases.

no it doesn't older event have had this built in since they launched.

previous to this it would have just been random, with the new system now we have factors that can change or be repeatable.

the only reason they do it for marquess, is because they want the marquee toon to go first due to the "instruction" and captions included in those events
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If this event is one of those “give priority to” events that means they changed the workings of the event without notification, since before the turn order overflow rework this never ever happened. If the team had built in priority, we would have seen it before.

no it doesn't older event have had this built in since they launched.

previous to this it would have just been random, with the new system now we have factors that can change or be repeatable.

the only reason they do it for marquess, is because they want the marquee toon to go first due to the "instruction" and captions included in those events

Ok. Out of the millions of people playing this event many, many times before the TM rework, we would have seen it happen at least once. Someone would have reported it if it was coded like that since the beginning. Considering the amount of “CG conspiracy” and “stealth nerf” threads we see, it would have popped up at least once.
  • Plus, there’s also this direct quote from the TM rework dev post:

“ Additional Note: While Wat Tambor and Han Solo (Raid version) both take a Bonus Turn at the start of battle, Han Solo will always shoot first (as he should!)”
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    either way believe it or not, they made no changes to the event. they are looking into it and we will see what they come back with.
    either way believe it or not, they made no changes to the event. they are looking into it and we will see what they come back with.

I would buy that they did not make changes to the event. But they definitely changed something in the game mechanics that changed the turn order in this event.

Han shoots first and always* has (*well, since they fixed him a couple years ago by giving him a bonus turn at the beginning of the encounter instead of 100% TM). Now he doesn't because something has changed, and dollars to donuts you can bet it is due to the TM fiddling update they just implemented. If you think this will not pop up in other game modes, you are fooling yourself.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I would buy that they did not make changes to the event. But they definitely changed something in the game mechanics that changed the turn order in this event.

Han shoots first and always* has (*well, since they fixed him a couple years ago by giving him a bonus turn at the beginning of the encounter instead of 100% TM). Now he doesn't because something has changed, and dollars to donuts you can bet it is due to the TM fiddling update they just implemented. If you think this will not pop up in other game modes, you are fooling yourself.

yes the new turn order mechanic is whats causing this.

this will come up in any game mode with waves, where at the start of the next event someone else has a bonus turn. yes, which is whats going on here.

correct, as a joke they were saying they should have called it an super bonus turn, because all things created equal he will go first. but in events like this everything is not equal due to waves and other factors.

this will come up in any game mode with waves, where at the start of the next event someone else has a bonus turn. yes, which is whats going on here.

correct, as a joke they were saying they should have called it an super bonus turn, because all things created equal he will go first. but in events like this everything is not equal due to waves and other factors.

What I am getting from you here is that your current position is that this latest TM update brought this event more in line with what the developers originally intended?

In other words, "Han Shoots First" was never intended to go first in this event and up until now it has NOT been WAI? Krennic, DT and Shore were always intended to get a bonus turn at the beginning of 3/3 that took precedence over Han's ability? Maybe I have misunderstood what you meant, please correct.

Because I do not buy it. Han shoots first, we have been over this, they even modified the code to ensure it when they wanted to bring in more bonus turn abilities. And then they went further to ensure Han's bonus turn happens first before Wat's. Han always goes first, that's kind of his gimmick.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020

What I am getting from you here is that your current position is that this latest TM update brought this event more in line with what the developers originally intended?

In other words, "Han Shoots First" was never intended to go first in this event and up until now it has NOT been WAI? Krennic, DT and Shore were always intended to get a bonus turn at the beginning of 3/3 that took precedence over Han's ability? Maybe I have misunderstood what you meant, please correct.

Because I do not buy it. Han shoots first, we have been over this, they even modified the code to ensure it when they wanted to bring in more bonus turn abilities. And then they went further to ensure Han's bonus turn happens first before Wat's. Han always goes first, that's kind of his gimmick.

no thats not what i'm saying.

what i am saying is that the way the event was coded worked for Han to shoot first the way it previously was (i know it said random, but i was mistaken) now that this Turn mechanic is in place we are seeing how the way the event was coded interacting within that mechanic with regard to how Han is coded and this is the result.
  • As I understand it from a guild mate CG have said it’s a bug on Reddit and have flagged it for repair. 👍😀
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ryconnan wrote: »
    As I understand it from a guild mate CG have said it’s a bug on Reddit and have flagged it for repair. 👍😀

correct they said they are looking into it.
  • I had han go first on one of my runs, but not the other. He landed the killing blow at the end of the penultimate round both times.

I think on 1 run I used basic, the other dead eye. Unfortunately I'm not certain of this, or which run was which. It may be I used basic both times, but I definitely didn't use dead eye both times.

So can anyone explain how the new mechanics have this result?

So with dead eye you gain tm equal to crit chance. Mine is 103.68, plus 20% from the unique for 123% ish. Then at the start of the next phase han gets a bonus turn. For sorting out who goes first does han count as bonus turn + 123% overflow?

While with basic it would start you out with just the bonus turn? But bonus goes before any normal TM+overflow, so the enemies must all be having a bonus turn?

My Han is speed 255 for rounding out the factors involved.

Also at the end of the dev post about TM they state Wat and Han's bonus turns always result in Han going first, but they don't explain why. It implies that Han has some extra "my bonus turn goes before yours" part to it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I had han go first on one of my runs, but not the other. He landed the killing blow at the end of the penultimate round both times.

I think on 1 run I used basic, the other dead eye. Unfortunately I'm not certain of this, or which run was which. It may be I used basic both times, but I definitely didn't use dead eye both times.

So can anyone explain how the new mechanics have this result?

So with dead eye you gain tm equal to crit chance. Mine is 103.68, plus 20% from the unique for 123% ish. Then at the start of the next phase han gets a bonus turn. For sorting out who goes first does han count as bonus turn + 123% overflow?

While with basic it would start you out with just the bonus turn? But bonus goes before any normal TM+overflow, so the enemies must all be having a bonus turn?

My Han is speed 255 for rounding out the factors involved.

Also at the end of the dev post about TM they state Wat and Han's bonus turns always result in Han going first, but they don't explain why. It implies that Han has some extra "my bonus turn goes before yours" part to it.

Yes, they do get bonus turns.
  • Hi folks, as Kyno mention, these units are also being granted a Bonus Turn. Which means the unit that will go first will have the highest amount of Turn Meter, then highest speed if tied for TM, then randomly selected if tied for speed as well. The new system for turn order specifically prioritizes all the units with bonus turns over any other units.

In this case, the enemies in Tiers 3 and 4 of the Smuggler's Run event are being granted a bonus turn as part of their event buffs. If Han Solo has no Turn Meter at the end of an encounter, it is possible for the enemies to go before him if they have more Speed than he does.