So we are never going to fix the platoon deployment bug?

My guild is running LS Hoth TB to give a shard boost to our members that do not yet have ROLO 7*.

I went to fill some platoon assignments ... oops another guild mate beat me to it it but still my characters have already been deployed so I cannot use them to fill platoons in the other territory. Since I could not platoon them, it would be nice to use them in a combat mission but faction restrictions in this territory do not allow that and since they have already been deployed I cannot use them in the other territory. Same old problem, different TB.

This is just going down as one of those bugs that CG will never fix because there is no money in it. Dirty scrubs like me just need to get good and deal with it.

Ultimately this will not affect our star count but it is a blatant bug and they just do not care. Even Yoda would be getting impatient about this one by now.

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    why would you deploy toons you want to use/platoon? or you mean it is simultaneously deploying yours when someone else is platooning theirs?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    why would you deploy toons you want to use/platoon? or you mean it is simultaneously deploying yours when someone else is platooning theirs?

I am surprised you are not familiar with this one. It has been around forever.

When two players "simultaneously" (ignoring lag) try to fill the same platoon with the same characters, they are deployed from both rosters but only one player's characters are assigned to the platoon. The unplatooned characters are irrevocably deployed to that territory; they still can be used to fill other platoons or complete missions within the territory if there are any suitable matches, but they cannot be used in a different territory.

For instance, I tried to platoon a bunch of Jedi in the middle territory which deployed them. Another mate assigned their Jedi to the platoons before I could push the button. Since my Jedi were not assigned to the platoons, they are still available for combat missions in that territory but the combat missions are restricted to Rogue 1 and Rebels so I cannot use them there. I would not mind using them in the bottom territory for one of the combat missions but they have already been deployed to the middle.

The whole platoon concept was bugged from the beginning so the devs ham-fisted this "feature" into the TB a long time ago to stop an exploit. The bug allowed players to keep pushing the ASSIGN button, re-deploying the same heroes over and over and accumulating more points for more stars. They stopped the exploit but never fixed the bug: if the platoon is already filled, DON'T deploy the unit!

This problem exists in all TBs ... I just quit filling platoons so I don't have to deal with it. But that isn't a fix either.
  • The solution to this is simply communication.

If everyone says something in chat when they go to deploy, you won't have this issue.
    Just a simple "assigning to platoons, wait a minute or 2".

...not that it's really much of an issue, as you generally shouldn't be deploying to platoons if it prevents you from finishing CMs, unless you've got a rare character or the platoon bonuses are actually needed (which is mostly a geo TB thing.)

You have 24 hours minimum per phase. You can wait a couple minutes between people assigning to platoons to prevent this entirely fairly easily...
  • Yes it can be worked around ... but it's still a bug that they have ignored for years.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Artumas wrote: »
    The solution to this is simply communication.

If everyone says something in chat when they go to deploy, you won't have this issue.
    Just a simple "assigning to platoons, wait a minute or 2".

That's a work-around - not a solution. Fixing the bug would be a solution.