Ki-Adi-Mundi

Prev134
Has anyone unlocked him or is the LS still too hard?

Replies

• Lots have him unlocked. Not sure if anyone has him at 7* yet.

Its hard but with good relics and mods there are strategies out there. Some guilds claim 95% success rate
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Lots have him unlocked. Not sure if anyone has him at 7* yet.

Its hard but with good relics and mods there are strategies out there. Some guilds claim 95% success rate

4iyrknyitai8.jpg

None yet, at least not on SWGOH.gg
  • So its mainly just mega krakens as always kyno?
  • Well krakens and those that got awarded double shards and CG didn’t do anything about it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So its mainly just mega krakens as always kyno?

No, there are many guilds that are not krakens only who are earning g these shards. Check out the videos on how to beat it, it doesnt take anything too crazy.
  • Kyno wrote: »

No, there are many guilds that are not krakens only who are earning g these shards. Check out the videos on how to beat it, it doesnt take anything too crazy.

Anything too crazy? lol
    Just, you know, all relic 7 teams and be able to reach phase 3 on Geo TB, nothing to crazy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Anything too crazy? lol
    Just, you know, all relic 7 teams and be able to reach phase 3 on Geo TB, nothing to crazy

Nope r7 is not required.

Phase 3 in 1 zone, in 4 days. And if that's your only goal, it's quite possible.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member

Anything too crazy? lol

Nope r7 is not required.

Phase 3 in 1 zone, in 4 days. And if that's your only goal, it's quite possible.

What IS required is that the AI play stupidly or you will lose. If the AI targets Shaak consecutively, she will die and you will lose even at R7.

It is not a chess match where you need to be strategic. If the AI was played by a person every time, your Shaak Ti clones would lose every time. If the RNG tells the AI to make somewhat competent moves, you will lose.

All you can do is gear and mod as best you can and PRAY to RNGeezus that he blesses you with stupid AI so you didn’t waste your time, and your one monthly chance at getting a shard for a character that nobody even knows is good.

What a waste of a game mode.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TJax wrote: »

Anything too crazy? lol

Nope r7 is not required.

What IS required is that the AI play stupidly or you will lose. If the AI targets Shaak consecutively, she will die and you will lose even at R7.

It is not a chess match where you need to be strategic. If the AI was played by a person every time, your Shaak Ti clones would lose every time. If the RNG tells the AI to make somewhat competent moves, you will lose.

All you can do is gear and mod as best you can and PRAY to RNGeezus that he blesses you with stupid AI so you didn’t waste your time, and your one monthly chance at getting a shard for a character that nobody even knows is good.

Yeah...no. there is a strategy, and it does play to working within the AI, but that's the entire game.

Thinking you need to gear and brute force things is generally what pushes people to over invest in things they didnt need to.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member

Anything too crazy? lol

Nope r7 is not required.

Yeah...no. there is a strategy, and it does play to working within the AI, but that's the entire game.

Thinking you need to gear and brute force things is generally what pushes people to over invest in things they didnt need to.

Classic Kyno. I didn’t say there wasn’t a “strategy”. I said whatever strategy you try requires the AI to have RNG that is in your favor. You can’t cause Jango to drop the rocket on the reek and not your fives or shaak 100% of the time. You can’t cause the reek to attack Jango and not your fives. It requires that the AI make stupid choices, which I will not make 100% of the time because you can’t control whether your rex will dodge and fives get crit, causing the AI to focus more on killing fives preventing sacrifice.

There is no strategy that can get you a 100% win rate, and there is no way to even “gear and brute force” your way around that fact.

I’ve beat the reek, I’ve lost to the reek. I watched all the videos, I’ve read strategies, just like many others. When the rubber hits the road, you need RNG, and that makes it stupid for a turn based strategy game.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    CG has dropped the ball multiple times on him. Double rewards for to many useless character at this point CG needs to add him to GAT 1 or 2 or just keep him as a 5 year unlock....... he actually has no home now that we have the new mace “Luke” I can 4/4 with a Luke team and would never add him to the team
  • I don't qualify for this event. Partly because I'm focussed on getting JKL (who is time limited) before KAM shards (sort-of-time limited, but if I wait 3 months, I only lose 3 shards, while I lose 330 shards of Jedi Luke if I'm not ready on time).

So because of that, I can't speak to this event from experience, but it seems silly to have a "kill the Reek" event in which the separatists aren't trying to kill the Reek.

I mean is the goal to kill the Reek or not? If yes, then Jango's rocket should target the Reek.

In the Acklay mission things make sense, mostly, because the Acklay is the main threat and the main damage you take from the Jedi is from AoE attacks. Having Jedi target the Brute is okay, because Taunt is Taunt. But having someone target a non-taunter that isn't the main enemy doesn't make sense at all.

I mean, the event is what it is, and if Jango attacks your Shaak Ti, it is what it is, that's the game. I'm not saying it's unfair, but I do wish these game modes would make a bit more sense.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2020

Anything too crazy? lol

Nope r7 is not required.

Tell that to the guilds that consecutively get 40-45 shards. Sure all those people get good RNG all the time, right?

FYI, you can sometimes recover even with r5 Shaak from a rocket (with the right modding) and it really shouldn't matter if it hits Fives as it shouldn't do anywhere near serious damage there. But yes, Shaak getting killed off by a rocket is what makes the differnce between 45 and 50 shards.
  • But yes, Shaak getting killed off by a rocket is what makes the differnce between 45 and 50 shards.

Sounds like you're agreeing with him. He didn't say you get bad RNG half the time. This ↑ might happen in 3%
    of all runs for all we know. Which still means that it doesn't entirely come down to strategy, relic level and mods.
  • But yes, Shaak getting killed off by a rocket is what makes the differnce between 45 and 50 shards.

Sounds like you're agreeing with him. He didn't say you get bad RNG half the time. This ↑ might happen in 3%
    of all runs for all we know. Which still means that it doesn't entirely come down to strategy, relic level and mods.
    There is a difference between a small percentage of cases being in the AI's hand and not having any strategy involved, just luck.

The argument that Jango-Reek would always beat Shaak Clones if it had player control is just ridiculous to bring up, because it just applies in equal measure to other areas of the game. There would never be a fair counter to any meta team by this logic, just lucky RNG and bad AI.
  • I think a QoL update that allows you to retreat (like in GW) and hopefully get a better opening turn would go a long way towards making it a more enjoyable experience.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Anything too crazy? lol

Nope r7 is not required.

Classic Kyno. I didn’t say there wasn’t a “strategy”. I said whatever strategy you try requires the AI to have RNG that is in your favor. You can’t cause Jango to drop the rocket on the reek and not your fives or shaak 100% of the time. You can’t cause the reek to attack Jango and not your fives. It requires that the AI make stupid choices, which I will not make 100% of the time because you can’t control whether your rex will dodge and fives get crit, causing the AI to focus more on killing fives preventing sacrifice.

There is no strategy that can get you a 100% win rate, and there is no way to even “gear and brute force” your way around that fact.

I’ve beat the reek, I’ve lost to the reek. I watched all the videos, I’ve read strategies, just like many others. When the rubber hits the road, you need RNG, and that makes it stupid for a turn based strategy game.

Anything too crazy? lol

Nope r7 is not required.

What IS required is that the AI play stupidly or you will lose.

Anything too crazy? lol

Nope r7 is not required.

It is not a chess match where you need to be strategic.

Anything too crazy? lol

Nope r7 is not required.

All you can do is gear and mod as best you can and PRAY to RNGeezus that he blesses you with stupid AI so you didn’t waste your time, of a game mode.

I guess we can agree to disagree about what you were trying to say. Sorry for the confusion.
  • the event itself is a gatcha event. one of the worst in the game imo. i upgraded shaakti and my clones to r7 and the entire team has some of my better mods. ive beat the event once and it was basically luck of rng. the rest of the time its a complete gatcha rigged event for me. like alot of things ea/cg has designed lately its no fun and its not designed to be playable for 99% the playerbase.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    the event itself is a gatcha event. one of the worst in the game imo. i upgraded shaakti and my clones to r7 and the entire team has some of my better mods. ive beat the event once and it was basically luck of rng. the rest of the time its a complete gatcha rigged event for me. like alot of things ea/cg has designed lately its no fun and its not designed to be playable for 99% the playerbase.

but thats the point someone else raised, its not. there are guild bringing reliable shard counts each run. if you are maxed on gear then there are other factors you need to look at, like how you are modded, and the strategy you use. it is not just the luck of RNG.
  • Yes there is some RNG on the mission but not more than anything else really.

The (sad) truth just is if you fail there is a higher chance that you misplayed, or your modding wasn't good enough.. if all those things were on par then finally you can bring RNG into it.

But if you're struggling with it, look up the 50 shards of KAM.. they're a helpful and actually gives advice during your run if you stream it.. they have a high win procent.

#JediFactionRework2018
  • Either way the TB just like that mission are awful and not enjoyable for a large majority of the community.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    IronCross wrote: »
    Either way the TB just like that mission are awful and not enjoyable for a large majority of the community.

I would have to look but i'm pretty sure the same was said about the Sith raid. Look how far we have come, this too will have its day of reflection.
  • Good strategy, along with the right relic levels, will let you win the match.
    Unless you have extraordinarily bad rng.

A significant amount of “skill” and knowledge is required to win, but yes bad rng can overcome that too.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Its a very complex mission. A lot of people are having more successes when they stream their runs with fairly knowledgeable players. There's a reason why the success rate is a lot higher in this case.

There are some rare cases (that is RNG dependent) that can immediately kill your run, but from what I've seen and read, most players don't understand the behind-the-scenes mechanics that goes on and make a lot of mistakes even with proper gear, mods, starting RNG
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Its a very complex mission.

Totally agree. My win rate is right around 50% with r4 Shaak/Rex and r7 Fives/ARC/Echo. Really wish I could practice it. I'm afraid to make any changes since my win rate seems better than most, and I only get 1 chance per month :cry:
  • I have reliced clones and I considered relicing my shak to do this mission but after reading/watching up on it I decided not to. It seems like such a mess.
  • Remember some ppl got x2 awhile back but that was never addressed
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I have reliced clones and I considered relicing my shak to do this mission but after reading/watching up on it I decided not to. It seems like such a mess.

It’s actually one of the most fun battles in this game imo
  • the event itself is a gatcha event. one of the worst in the game imo. i upgraded shaakti and my clones to r7 and the entire team has some of my better mods. ive beat the event once and it was basically luck of rng. the rest of the time its a complete gatcha rigged event for me. like alot of things ea/cg has designed lately its no fun and its not designed to be playable for 99% the playerbase.

This event requires specific modding. Your best mods might not be the best mods for this event if they don't help you hit specific stat requirements. Once modded properly, the event isn't that bad if you understand the mechanics and make the right decisions. There is actually very little RNG at that point. I must have watched a dozen guild and alliance mates on live streams and the first thing the people helping them did every time was have them move mods to hit health, speed, offense, CA minimums relevant to each character.