Phoenix team transition

Prev1
trustme707
17 posts Member
edited August 2020
Hey everyone!

I'll be finishing my Phoenix team very soon and planning to go for Empire next. I have a few questions:
Profile link: https://swgoh.gg/p/223198524/

- Is Plap, Vader, Thrawn, Tarking + TIE FIghter pilot competitive team or should I replace Tarkin and Tie fighter? I see a lot of teams with Bastilla and Dooku (+ palp, vader and thrawn).
- Where can I see "meta" teams (F2P) to stay competitive? I've searched some videos on youtube (Ahnald, for example) but he only mentions leaders but not full teams. I wanted to start farming Geo team right after
- When should I transition from Phoenix to Empire? I assume when I complete thrawn/palp to 7 stars?
- Whom should I farm in the guild store? There is nothing for Phoenix/Empire
- How to get vader to 7 stars? Wll his shards be avaialble anywhere else except 2-3 shards per completed quest?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    swgoh.gg has meta team reports, and is a good resource, but since you are new it will show mainly GL's etc. EP(lead zeta) vader (with merciless zeta at least), thrawn dbast + 1 (tarkin maybe bc of his ship, not sure where you are on that, unless you use thrawn's ship) is a pretty good team. You should also think about farming the bugs, for both arena and ships.

guild store look for ewoks, there are some that pop up (wicket/paploo/logray, not sure which pop up)

Vader shards only come in small bunches from achievements, and are sometimes available in the stores iirc(can't remember which, sorry)

you should transition to empire/sith or bugs as soon as you can probably. try teams out and see how it goes. Geos will also get you to padme, which is a much better long-term arena team than empire or bugs.

try and get some high level allies so you can beat tougher missions to get the rewards (regular, cantina etc)

glgl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I strongly recommend you go for fallen Bastilla shan to put in your Vader and ep team
  • Don't buy anyone in the Guild Store that you can get elsewhere. Only buy gear or store-specific characters. It's a waste of currency otherwise, especially considering the higher price.

Off the top of my head (and ranked in terms of usefulness):
    Logray
    FO SF TIE Pilot (needed for SLKR)
    Dengar (excellent for Chewie event but not needed if you have Bossk)
    Colonel Starck
    Jyn Erso
    FO SF TIE Fighter
    Young Han
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Don't buy anyone in the Guild Store that you can get elsewhere. Only buy gear or store-specific characters. It's a waste of currency otherwise, especially considering the higher price.

Logray
    Colonel Starck
    Jyn Erso
    FO SF TIE Fighter
    Young Han

this is terrible advice for a new player.

don't buy all these characters. just the ewok (and dengar, maybe). a long ways down the road you can think about FO.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Never said get them all right away. So don't go saying that's what I said.

I said don't buy characters from there that you can get elsewhere.

The point of my list was moreso: if you're going to buy someone from there, consider Logray or Dengar over Young Han or Jyn, or the ship.

What I actually said was "buy gear OR store-specific characters" (extra emphasis on the or)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Never said get them all right away. So don't go saying that's what I said.

I said don't buy characters from there that you can get elsewhere.

The point of my list was moreso: if you're going to buy someone from there, consider Logray or Dengar over Young Han or Jyn, or the ship.

this I agree with. It seemed like a "buy these" list, not an ordered list. A new player should focus on the ewok and dengar (for chewie) imo. yay we agree lol
  • trustme707
    17 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Thank you! Why is everyone recommending ewoks? For C3PO? I might not get the point but is he that OP?
    Also, I understand that buying gear in GS is not a waste?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    trustme707 wrote: »
    Thank you! Why is everyone recommending ewoks? For C3PO? I might not get the point but is he that OP?

yes for 3po. he's a big piece for multiple teams, and Logray/wicket/paploo/elder and chirpa are the best ewoks to get him, and the best ewoks overall. Since logray (iirc) is only available there you don't want to spend on gear there, just on toons you can't farm elsewhere. same for dengar, who helps a lot with chewie bc he stops r2's stealth. the newer BH might work too, they weren't around when I got chewie

edit: if you are focusing on geos, for ex, you want to just work on them and just buy logray/dengar when they are there. the main thing is to focus on what you are working on now. It's just that if you get to the point where you want 3po/chewie, it's very hard to just wait and hope the chars show up in the store
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    trustme707 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I'll be finishing my Phoenix team very soon and planning to go for Empire next. I have a few questions:
    Profile link: https://swgoh.gg/p/223198524/

- Is Plap, Vader, Thrawn, Tarking + TIE FIghter pilot competitive team or should I replace Tarkin and Tie fighter? I see a lot of teams with Bastilla and Dooku (+ palp, vader and thrawn).
    - Where can I see "meta" teams (F2P) to stay competitive? I've searched some videos on youtube (Ahnald, for example) but he only mentions leaders but not full teams. I wanted to start farming Geo team right after
    - When should I transition from Phoenix to Empire? I assume when I complete thrawn/palp to 7 stars?
    - Whom should I farm in the guild store? There is nothing for Phoenix/Empire
    - How to get vader to 7 stars? Wll his shards be avaialble anywhere else except 2-3 shards per completed quest?

Thanks in advance!

You should probably use Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Bastila fallen, and either Dooku or Tarkin.

Yes you should work on empire/sith once you get Thrawn and Palp to 7 stars.

I recommend farming either dengar (for credit heist and Chewbacca) or gear from the guild store.

You can get Vader from the fleet arena store.
  • trustme707 wrote: »

The guild store can sometimes have gear that is unfarmable (gear that can’t be farmed on a certain node and are only obtainable from raids).
  • Is buying sun fac in the guild store a bad idea?
  • Personally I'd buy him in the Fleet Store. That's how I 7*'ed him.
  • ElonMusk wrote: »
    Is buying sun fac in the guild store a bad idea?

I bought him whenever he appeared (which was like 1 out of every 7 shipments).
  • On my alt account, I switched to empire from Phoenix as soon as I had ep and thrawn unlocked and geared to about gear 7 or so. And some still at g6. My Phoenix wasn't much higher since 5 star can be done with g6 or so.

St that point, I didn't have dark Bastilla farmable so I went with tfp and tarkin since they are good for ships early anyway. I'm going to switch dark Bastilla in shortly once her gear is high enough that she doesn't die instantly.

Vader is also periodically in the fleet store.

I disagree with some of the above posts about the guild store. Early on, you will be still farming here and ezra from cantina so in addition to gear and exclusive ewoks and danger, I also recommend picking up farm boy Luke or old Ben shards when you see them.

They are easy cantina farms but early game, your cantina nodes are busy finishing Phoenix to get thrawn and palp. And if you get in a guild doing good raids you get a lot of currency. Getting farm boy Luke and old ben from the guild store sets you up for cls much sooner than if you wait to farm them from cantina. And there are plenty of other cantina farms that you can move on to if you already have the cls req. (Mission, t3, geo brood alpha, vets just to name a few)

Waiting to farm old ben and luke from cantina nodes forces you to put off either cls or jkr. I prefer to get both of those fairly quickly.
  • On my alt account, I switched to empire from Phoenix as soon as I had ep and thrawn unlocked and geared to about gear 7 or so. And some still at g6. My Phoenix wasn't much higher since 5 star can be done with g6 or so.

St that point, I didn't have dark Bastilla farmable so I went with tfp and tarkin since they are good for ships early anyway. I'm going to switch dark Bastilla in shortly once her gear is high enough that she doesn't die instantly.

I disagree with some of the above posts about the guild store. Early on, you will be still farming here and ezra from cantina so in addition to gear and exclusive ewoks and danger, I also recommend picking up farm boy Luke or old Ben shards when you see them.

They are easy cantina farms but early game, your cantina nodes are busy finishing Phoenix to get thrawn and palp. And if you get in a guild doing good raids you get a lot of currency. Getting farm boy Luke and old ben from the guild store sets you up for cls much sooner than if you wait to farm them from cantina. And there are plenty of other cantina farms that you can move on to if you already have the cls req. (Mission, t3, geo brood alpha, vets just to name a few)

Waiting to farm old ben and luke from cantina nodes forces you to put off either cls or jkr. I prefer to get both of those fairly quickly.

Thank you! But if you stop farming Phoenix at 5* then you can't get Plap and Thrawn furhter?

• Of course going for 7 stars Phoenix will get you 7* Palp and Thrawn. Otherwise there’s no point in unlocking them and just leave them at that.
    On my alt account, I switched to empire from Phoenix as soon as I had ep and thrawn unlocked and geared to about gear 7 or so. And some still at g6. My Phoenix wasn't much higher since 5 star can be done with g6 or so.

Thank you! But if you stop farming Phoenix at 5* then you can't get Plap and Thrawn furhter?

Hes saying he switched to empire team in arena, but kept building phoenix to 7 stars. I don't know that this is the best strategy, since you are now building 2 teams, and resources are scarce, especially before level 85
  • @trustme707 Personally, I would keep focusing on Phoenix at least until you have Thrawn and Pal at 7*. Yes there are better arena teams but at your level in the game, this is a solid path. Use your crystals for energy refreshes for either extra character shard farming or gear farming. If you do decent in arena, you'll have enough for Kanan, and relaistically, he takes precidence over Tarkin since you can't get thrawn to 7* until you have Kanan 7* and without a good thrawn, the empire team will suffer. As soon as Kanan is done, go after Tarkin. Your goal is not just to get certain characters but get those characters and their supporting cast at about the same time. Phoenix is not the worst investment where you're at in the game. They make Galactic War super easy. They're good for GAC where you're at. They'll do fine in the arena climb. They have decent ships. They're not end game but they're a great stepping stone.
  • Forgot to add about the guild store. I would say it depends. You can start on some good teams there. So it depends on what you want and where you're lacking which is everything because you recently started. Dengar is a decent choice. Reason being is he's a scoundrel and that will help with getting more credits as you'll need a team of scoundrels for that. Another easy pic for that is Cad Bane from the GW store. Finish Zeb first then I'd say go after Cad. I can't remember if you need a full team of 5, but more is always better. Again, full teams are the goal. Get Boba out of the Cantina store, he'll be your lead and is a good character for a while. Again farm him after chopper. If you do Greedo and IG-88 after Tarkin, you have a full team. This will also help you towards Chewie but that can come later.
    If you're not liking that option, between the cantina stores and the guild store you can get a full clone team set up which is good. A few even have ships which is a bonus.
    If you're not liking that option, you could do Geos/Sepratists. Poggle, Nute, Asaaj, Sun Fac, B2, IG-100, Geo soldier, geo spy and Grievous are are in the stores so you could throw a team together based on which stores you'd rather pull from and what team you'd like to create.
    No matter what you do though, pick a path and stick with it. Set a goal of getting a specific team together and follow through. If you waiver between different teams you'll suffer and and the game becomes less fun then. Knowing when to switch over is good too though. If you start seeing another team regularly in arena, fleet arena, GAC or TW and you haven't started on that team, ask yourself what your plan is in that game mode. I'm starting to suffer in both my arena's because I took too long to move on to the next step in both and now I'm behind.
  • I agree. The seps are a good faction for a starter player. Good Geos ships, can get Padme, plus Geos is an annoying team to place on defence in GAC or TW.

I presume you’re in a guild that are doing all three raids, as all the toons you get as rewards from are very good.
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    @trustme707 Personally, I would keep focusing on Phoenix at least until you have Thrawn and Pal at 7*. Yes there are better arena teams but at your level in the game, this is a solid path. Use your crystals for energy refreshes for either extra character shard farming or gear farming. If you do decent in arena, you'll have enough for Kanan, and relaistically, he takes precidence over Tarkin since you can't get thrawn to 7* until you have Kanan 7* and without a good thrawn, the empire team will suffer. As soon as Kanan is done, go after Tarkin. Your goal is not just to get certain characters but get those characters and their supporting cast at about the same time. Phoenix is not the worst investment where you're at in the game. They make Galactic War super easy. They're good for GAC where you're at. They'll do fine in the arena climb. They have decent ships. They're not end game but they're a great stepping stone.

Wow that's massive - thanks! When you say doing good in the arena - which place should it be? I'm balancing somewhere around 350-450 rank all the time and just can't push further to top 200 so I get 500 currency for Kanan + 200 for daily quest.

• khdelboy wrote: »
    I agree. The seps are a good faction for a starter player. Good Geos ships, can get Padme, plus Geos is an annoying team to place on defence in GAC or TW.

I presume you’re in a guild that are doing all three raids, as all the toons you get as rewards from are very good.

I think Geos can also get me VAT, but do I need him really? ) Haven't seen him in any squad
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I agree. The seps are a good faction for a starter player. Good Geos ships, can get Padme, plus Geos is an annoying team to place on defence in GAC or TW.

I think Geos can also get me VAT, but do I need him really? ) Haven't seen him in any squad

Yes geos are necessary for WAT. But you cant do the territory battles until your level 85. And unless you have friends in a higher guild, you won't have access to that territory battle until well after level 85. You need to be in a guild with over 80 million GP before you can do dark side geo territory battle.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Don't buy anyone in the Guild Store that you can get elsewhere. Only buy gear or store-specific characters. It's a waste of currency otherwise, especially considering the higher price.

Logray
    Colonel Starck
    Jyn Erso
    FO SF TIE Fighter
    Young Han

I also farm some characters in guild store that I can get in cantina, because there is so much to far in cantina as newer player
    khdelboy wrote: »

He does appears in my GAC/Squad Arena.

He doesn’t seem to look much but I’ve seen videos with him helping Vader to one shot GL Rey. A lot of end game players love him.

You would need to bring them the Geos up to gear XII to have a better chance of beating the battle in TB DS Geos.

• Thanks everyone!
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    @trustme707 Personally, I would keep focusing on Phoenix at least until you have Thrawn and Pal at 7*. Yes there are better arena teams but at your level in the game, this is a solid path. Use your crystals for energy refreshes for either extra character shard farming or gear farming. If you do decent in arena, you'll have enough for Kanan, and relaistically, he takes precidence over Tarkin since you can't get thrawn to 7* until you have Kanan 7* and without a good thrawn, the empire team will suffer. As soon as Kanan is done, go after Tarkin. Your goal is not just to get certain characters but get those characters and their supporting cast at about the same time. Phoenix is not the worst investment where you're at in the game. They make Galactic War super easy. They're good for GAC where you're at. They'll do fine in the arena climb. They have decent ships. They're not end game but they're a great stepping stone.

Wow that's massive - thanks! When you say doing good in the arena - which place should it be? I'm balancing somewhere around 350-450 rank all the time and just can't push further to top 200 so I get 500 currency for Kanan + 200 for daily quest.

Honestly, that's where' I've been most of the time and I say I'm doing decently. Of course, getting closer to the top is better. I've more focused on a spread of characters than pushing my arena team though so pushing past 200 hasn't been a priority. That being said I was in the 100-200 range for a while which was nice but I wasn't dropping too much prior to payout so it wasn't painful to get back to it. The reason for pushing to better in arena is not for the SA currency although it is nice to have, it's for the crystals. This is more for long term but crystals get you eng and node refreshes as well as can help you purchase gear you need to gear up your characters quicker from shipments. I use all my crystals for eng refreshes as I see that as the best investment for me based on where I'm at in the game and how much I want to commit to the game. But, you like me get 60 crystals a day from arena whereas the no. 1 spot takes 500. I mean, ya 900 vs 500 SA tokens is nice and will basically double how quick you can get Kanan and the others but the main thing is the crystals and unless you're pushing into the very top, is it worth that much extra effort? You have to decide that for yourself. I'd love to be top 100. I did it once, but the climb and what not isn't my thing and never has been. I'd love the extra crystals but it's not realistic for how I play. I've included a table of payouts for reference. I never added the credits as I wasn't that worried about it ever, by comparison.
    ynxvr2l9tagj.png
    On my alt account, I switched to empire from Phoenix as soon as I had ep and thrawn unlocked and geared to about gear 7 or so. And some still at g6. My Phoenix wasn't much higher since 5 star can be done with g6 or so.

I'm still farming them. Just not using them in arena. Just got here to 7 stars yesterday.
  • Vader lead is one of the strongest teams at endgame....
    So building a Palp lead team is a very solid team!

Step 1
    EP, Vader, Thrawn, TFP, Tarkin —> Tarkin, TFP and Vader will all help with fleet.
    Step 2
    Farm Bastila Shan (Fallen) —> BSF, she boosts any Sith lead significantly
    Step 3 (optional)
    Farm Shoretrooper when you unlock the node. Not essential, but at endgame Relic Shoretrooper with defence mods is nigh on unkillable and a core part of the Vader lead team.
    Step 4 (Not optional)
    Get in a guild that’s doing HSTR so you can pick up Traya shards.....

zzzVader, Traya, Thrawn, BSF and Shoretrooper is obviously a long way off (3 zetas on Vader....) but that’s a team that can kill GL Rey....
    Well before then EP lead with one zeta (his leadership) will keep you competitive.

p.s. From Guild Store there’s only 3 characters to consider farming
    • Starck - if your guild is doing Hoth TB.....
    • Dengar - Makes BHs much better and really helps unlock Legendary Chewie
    • Logray - makes unlocking C3PO much less painful

Don’t do the rest.....
  • Jyn is an honourable mention “4th character worth farming” from guild store
    —> If your guild is focusing heavily on LS Hoth
    —> Rogue 1 will no longer be trash once Mon Mothma is farmable
    —> Jyn is a Pilot.....