How on earth do I beat 7* Yoda challenge

Replies

• Post thread titles in all caps you must not, edit it you will.

Do or do not, there is no try.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • First you go to the in game store and drop around $300. Then get on your knees and pray to RNG Jesus. Lastly you fail and have to explain to your wife why you only bought a months worth of Ramen and Vienna sausages when you did the grocery shopping.
  • BillyBeans wrote: »
    Can you beat 7* Yoda with
    Lumi
    QGJ
    Bariss
    JC
    Eeth Koth

Eeth is the one in nervous about. Haven't seen anyone post they beat Yoda with this team. I don't have Eeth, but I do have 20k arena tokens to burn through, so I could easily get him to 7* before the next event.

I also have 4* Ashoka but don't want to use cantina shipments in her.

I did it on the second try with that exact team comp. Barriss lead, used the equalization trick. Everyone was max gear, and max abilities except for EK's leader ability and Barriss's regular attack. QGJ was his 3rd. I killed him first, got Barriss to a sliver, and then killed Yoda after the equalization. By the end of it, everyone was at almost full health, and Lumi and JC still had their heals up. Only reason I lost the first one was trying to kill Aayla instead of QGJ.

IMO, this tactic is only feasible with 3 healers+Barriss lead. Without that, you just don't have enough sustain/tankyness to be able to take all the hits Yoda is throwing around.
  • Sblakers
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I beat it after about 5 tries. My team was
    Ashoka
    Qqj
    Mace
    Lumi
    Eth koth
    Not the best team on paper but it worked. Ashoka is actually really good for this fight imo.

Mind you. All characters were max gear and level

My fight was eth koth and old Ben. This is a good fight to go against. I simply blasted down yoda. Had 2 guys left who beat the two adds. Ashoka and mace were my two guys I had left. I had god luck. But.. Of my 5 tries i almost killed yoda one other time. I whiffed on a kill shot-Beas pretty **** on that one. Lol
  • The most **** fight, this is.
    Wonder if the devs tried it before launching it.
    No skill, no tactics, just sheer luck
  • Is old ben viable in the 7* fight?
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Darthdave wrote: »
    He's fun in longer matches when you can utilize his abilities. No one is touching me in arena. I think it's just fear of the unknown when they see him so they don't even bother. He lasted the whole GW today

Yeah, but my matches only last 2-3 rounds and are over in 45-60 seconds. Yoda is usually killed in 2nd round after canons are killed in the 1st round.
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hotwhells wrote: »
    Is old ben viable in the 7* fight?

No. Yoda's Battle Meditation nullifies Mind Trick, and if he dies, Yoda steals all of the buffs he gives the team, then goes Super Sayian.
  • Haha, I am feeling like the only one in my top 100 that doesn't run or even have a yoda. Haha, next event I will get his butt and have him 7* in the mean time I will actually have a team that could benefit from having a yoda. These other folks seem to not have a yoda team save one and he is 27k power team... QGJ yoda ahsoka
  • Conor
    54 posts Member
    You just need jedi knight anakin
  • I just got mine. Luminara as leader, EK, QGJ, BO and JC. Opponents were Luminara and Ima-Gun Di. First, I killed Lumi, then Yoda. Use healing abilities as soon as it becomes available, because Yoda could kill your characters with his special attack even with 95% health. For Yoda, I observed if he has foresight ability enabled, I use basic attack. I didn't use special abilities, it will be futile. Use one basic attack to get rid of the foresight. Once the foresight is gone, strike yoda with all special abilities if any. Keep on doing this while ignoring Ima-Gun Di. Once Yoda is killed, I had two characters left and killing Ima was easy.

It was not sheer luck, it requires strategy. I attempted 50 times learning how to take down Yoda and I hope this tip helps. If you have Anakin as the Opponent, just retreat the battle because Anakin's attack has the healing immunity. You need to heal your characters regularly.
  • LADrake
    45 posts Member
    Can someone say they have beaten 7* with

qgj lum windu jc and plo koon

as im getting nervous that this team wont cut it.. the 6* fight took me alot more times to manage to clear than i managed to count lol
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    When I beat him the first time I had Baris and another weak hitter. I only focused on Yoda until I killed him. That way his speed won't allow him to attack and get foresight against you every single round.
  • JediJackalope
    79 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Poxx wrote: »
    Stage 7 keep retreating until he has Bariss as a companion. Burn the other, bring her dangerously low. She will equalize health dropping Yoda nearly 50%. Burn her low again, after the 2nd equalize, Yoda has a sliver, easy kill.

Doesn't seem like you could live that long for two equalizes. He always goes on a 5/6 turn kill rampage on me by then. I got all 70, full gear (-50 grinds), Lumi, JC, MW, EK, QGJ. 85 shards from 7⭐️ Barriss so she's not an option for me this event cycle.

I've had him to a sliver twice now with noodles, then he goes Michael Myers on me. Not "easy" when you don't get a tun and he kills everyone but EK, who he did cripple in his mayhem, left at the end of his 'turn'.

Guess I just need to keep trying and hope over next 5 days I can get a little luckier than I've been.

Is using MW over Lumi as leader better for Crit chance? I've read that on another post tried it a couple of times didn't seem better.

Post edited by JediJackalope on
  • Right now had Lumi and Annie. Thought cool. 1st 'turn' before I did anything, Unstoppable Force Mace, regular attack Mace (Mace dead) and then Battle Meditation. Now I get to go already 1 down. Seems like I get "easy" teams and Yoda takes it personal and goes ape(censored). **** am I suppose to do against that?
  • andrea
    23 posts Member
    Mace or Lumi as leader for 7* Yoda? I don't have barris yet...
  • Icx
    4 posts Member
    Just beat 7* Yoda. I had Lumi lead, QGJ, Kitt, JC and Ahsoka. The key is patience patience patience! I had to restart many times. Didn't wait till I got a favorable match up with Bariss. Yoda had Plo and JC. Just focused on Yoda, used regular attacks and saved heals. Ahsoka sucks but her special is great as a low heal, that way I didn't have to blow JCs or Lumi's. Good luck everyone!
  • Icx wrote: »
    Just beat 7* Yoda. I had Lumi lead, QGJ, Kitt, JC and Ahsoka. The key is patience patience patience! I had to restart many times. Didn't wait till I got a favorable match up with Bariss. Yoda had Plo and JC. Just focused on Yoda, used regular attacks and saved heals. Ahsoka sucks but her special is great as a low heal, that way I didn't have to blow JCs or Lumi's. Good luck everyone!

While I understand it is beatable, it just doesn't seem that way. I've got him close, really close twice. Both times he went crazy and did not stop attacking until all my guys were dead or 1 was left with almost no health and sidekicks, which went next, had their way with almost dead EK.

Just frustrating
  • It's ridiculous how it's time consuming enough to get 5 7 star Jedi's at max level, and once you get to the 7 star Yoda fight, you realize the team you have might not even be able to win the fight. From what i've read here, you either need Qui'Gon or Barris in your team and some luck to even win this.

My team comp is Luminara, Ahsoka, EK, PK, and JC - all with lvl 8 gear. At the moment I'm hitting a wall with this and it looks like I'll have to wait for the next Yoda event to try my luck.

Fix this EA! It really shouldn't be this difficult/near impossible to unlock 7 star Yoda. Any Jedi team comp should have a fair go at winning this fight.
  • XxReaperxX
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yeah another event for whales to win at. Good job ea about not caring about all your customers. **** company.
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • Well I finally beat it last night. Couldn't believe it. Actually had my full team. The stars just aligned. Earlier I killed Yoda and still had Lumi and QGJ. Lumi heal ready and my battery died. I was pretty mad at myself. Thought my chance was gone. Then about 30 min later ... BAM!

I'm so glad this is over. This is a pure luck fight. Pretty dumb. I was convinced there was no way I could beat this. Glad I was wrong.
  • Today I beat the 7 star yoda challenge with Lumi (leader), eeth, quigonn, mace and JC and yoda had Quigonn and bariss. I tried the challenge probably 100 times and refreshed another 100 and I beat it 5 minutes before it went away again after so much frustration. I discovered that the most important key to beating it is just getting lucky and making sure you keep all five of your Jedi alive, as well as the bariss health equalizer thing.
  • underworldpolice
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I won 7* Yoda with mace as leader for 20% increase offense. Lumi, JC, Asoka, and QGJ.
    1) Refresh until Barris comes up, other enemy companion doesn't matter.
    2) do no kill other Jedi first
    3) do not use any special attacks that can be resisted when enemy has yoda's resistance symbol above head: otherwise they gain turn meter and kick your *** and you die.
    4) hit 3rd Jedi and Barris back and forth until both are near zero health so that Barris steals yoda's health with her heal ability. You need both Jedi alive and very low health for this to work well enough to win, otherwise if you kill off 3rd Jedi first, it won't take enough health from Yoda because it averages. I think I hit 3rd Jedi first to almost 50% health, then timed it so I could hit Barris below 50% after her turn (to prevent her from healing early), then hit 3rd Jedi again to low health just in time for Barris to use heal.
    5) get # 4 just right, otherwise almost impossible to defend Yoda long enough for Barris to refresh her heal skill for a second Yoda health steal.
    6) you must still have 5 Jedi standing at this point
    7) now quickly kill Yoda, don't worry about resistance at this point just hammer him until dead. Maybe don't heal at this point so under 50% health so Yoda can't gain foresight. At this point losing 2-3 Jedi from not healing is okay if it means you get 2-3 more big hits because Yoda didn't have foresight. You should easily be able to kill Barris and 3rd Jedi even with 1-2 Jedi left once Yoda is dead.
  • This month's Yoda event, 7 stars is impossible to beat. EA needs to nerf Yoda a little.

I have these characters, all skills at Lv. 7

Lv 77, 7* Luminara, Gear 8 (Leader)
    Lv 72 7* Mace, Gear 8
    Lv 75 7* QGJ, Gear 8
    Lv 70 7* JC, Gear 8
    Lv 70 7* Eeth Koth, Gear 8

I've been trying for hours, refreshing until I get Barriss, it's still not possible.

1. Yoda and his sidekicks are Lv 90.
    2. Yoda crits 90% of the time (I think), between 8,500 to 11,500 damage, sometimes reaches up to 12,500. Even when he does not crit, his normal damage is 5K to 8K.
    3. The sidekicks resist debuffs 95% of the time (even without the Tenacity buff given by Yoda)
    4. AI has been greatly enhanced. They now focus-fire (Yoda hits any of my character for 8K - 11k, this will surely put any one of my characters to red hp, then the sidekick always follows up for the KO. It's impossible to manage the cooldown of heals if Yoda hits that hard. At least 1 of my characters will surely die before I force Barriss to use equalize.
    5. Evasion granted by Luminara's leader skill doesn't seem to work at all. I may have gotten a dodge every now & then, but this is definitely not 14% evasion. The evasion is not the same in GW or Arena.

Since evasion is not working I also tried to swap QGJ as guild leader, since Speed bonus is not a chance like evasion, I find it's effect is more useful. But still, it's not possible to survive after Yoda hits one of my Jedis and then the sidekick always hits the same character for the kill.

Anyone here able to beat 7* Yoda this month? Any tips will surely be appreciated.

TIA

• This month's Yoda event, 7 stars is impossible to beat. EA needs to nerf Yoda a little.

Lv 72 7* Mace, Gear 8
    Lv 75 7* QGJ, Gear 8
    Lv 70 7* JC, Gear 8

I've been trying for hours, refreshing until I get Barriss, it's still not possible.

2. Yoda crits 90% of the time (I think), between 8,500 to 11,500 damage, sometimes reaches up to 12,500. Even when he does not crit, his normal damage is 5K to 8K.
    3. The sidekicks resist debuffs 95% of the time (even without the Tenacity buff given by Yoda)
    4. AI has been greatly enhanced. They now focus-fire (Yoda hits any of my character for 8K - 11k, this will surely put any one of my characters to red hp, then the sidekick always follows up for the KO. It's impossible to manage the cooldown of heals if Yoda hits that hard. At least 1 of my characters will surely die before I force Barriss to use equalize.
    5. Evasion granted by Luminara's leader skill doesn't seem to work at all. I may have gotten a dodge every now & then, but this is definitely not 14% evasion. The evasion is not the same in GW or Arena.

Since evasion is not working I also tried to swap QGJ as guild leader, since Speed bonus is not a chance like evasion, I find it's effect is more useful. But still, it's not possible to survive after Yoda hits one of my Jedis and then the sidekick always hits the same character for the kill.

Anyone here able to beat 7* Yoda this month? Any tips will surely be appreciated.

TIA

Same here same team same everything.
    Yoda is killing my toons like nothing.
    It's super overpowered.Also i did this with Barris and nothing.Any help???
  • Zestyjoe
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Kostas5118 wrote: »
    This month's Yoda event, 7 stars is impossible to beat. EA needs to nerf Yoda a little.

Lv 72 7* Mace, Gear 8
    Lv 75 7* QGJ, Gear 8
    Lv 70 7* JC, Gear 8

TIA

Same here same team same everything.
    Yoda is killing my toons like nothing.
    It's super overpowered.Also i did this with Barris and nothing.Any help???

Same here.. same team.
    Yoda hits harder then the Rancor, my team stands no chance and they're all level 8 gear, max abilities and level.

Been waiting for this challenge to open for 2 months now and it's **** impossible to beat, there is a difference between a challenge and making him unbeatable. There should be no need for all this high level strategizing.

I bet if I had level 80 toons with gear 9 they'd still fail.

EA needs to step in
  • I'm right there with you guys! I even talked with two different reps from EA. Neither had any encouraging to say. I mentioned several of the same things to them that I'm seeing on the forums, & they were dismissive at best! They even tried to stick up for the company, as though there couldn't possibly be a problem! We are all just not using the right characters/strategy, was their attitude
  • vanceForceOne
    57 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Ovechkin08 wrote: »
    Also, out of curiosity, what teams are you guys using to beat tier 7 Yoda?

I used QGJ (L), Lumi, Mace, JC, Kit Fisto.

Barriss 72 G8 (L), Lumi 74 G9, JC 70 G8, QGJ 74 G9, Anakin 72 G8.... Yoda's partners were Mace and Barriss, I used the above strategy of Barriss being the best offense.
  • Terminex
    37 posts Member
    This month's Yoda event, 7 stars is impossible to beat. EA needs to nerf Yoda a little.

Lv 72 7* Mace, Gear 8
    Lv 75 7* QGJ, Gear 8
    Lv 70 7* JC, Gear 8

TIA

This. Same exact team, almost identical upgrades/levels. I've attempted this battle about 50 times now, no dice. This is impossible.
  • I just tried a couple more rounds with Yoda for 7*. He hit for 13,544 & another for 13,528. Sure EA! There's no problem whatsoever, right?!!