The lost faction

Prev1
DarthEagames
76 posts Member
edited August 2020
I think a super fun and currently missing tag is the "mandolorian" tag. It has the potential for such an interesting mix of combinations. We have Boba, Jango, mando, canderous, Sabine, zaxon, and imperial commando. I understand the first three are bh and work great their but imagine making a leader for them like princess Satine (hope I'm spelling it right) she's a pacifist so no weapons for her but her real ability could be she unlocks a Mandolorian synergy much like brood alpha for geos so they reach get some awesomely fun new ability when paired with her. Plus they all get bounty hunters resolve but now it's called Mandolorian pride. Anyway I just think I'd would be a great crazy way to mix it up a bit

Replies

• What defines a Mandalorian? Creed? Ethics? Just hanging out with Mando? The Series characters? You cant just slap the Mandalorian tag on characters because of the show.
  • boba and jango werent mandolorians though, and if they were considered mandolorians then every single clone would also be a mandolorian since they are all jango
  • i agree a mando tag would be cool, and having Duchess Satine as a leader would be fun
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    boba and jango werent mandolorians though, and if they were considered mandolorians then every single clone would also be a mandolorian since they are all jango

Yet Luke is a jedi and not a rebel, Rey is a resistance member and not a jedi, see i don't believe the devs care about the lore that much, they are just trying to make a fun and entertaining game that also makes money, so if they decide to add mandalorian tag to the game, it wouldn't surprise me if they give it to jango and boba too,

cg trends have fewer tag rather than more make me doubt that they would add the mandalorian tag on boba and jango

and other very important factor to consider is the tv show the mandalorian season 2. Boba may appear in the show and they may decide whether he is an mandalorian or not in the show. until then i don’t see cg would do anything
    boba and jango werent mandolorians though, and if they were considered mandolorians then every single clone would also be a mandolorian since they are all jango

But neither is the person called "the mandolorian" and as the show says its not a ethnicity its a way of life. So you can be a mandolorian even if you weren't born on mandolor. Plus the clones come from a mandolorian but don't follow the ways of being a mandolorian so they would be exempt from the tag.
  • I think a super fun and currently missing tag is the "mandolorian" tag. It has the potential for such an interesting mix of combinations. We have Boba, Jango, mando, canderous, Sabine, zaxon, and imperial commando. I understand the first three are bh and work great their but imagine making a leader for them like princess Satine (hope I'm spelling it right) she's a pacifist so no weapons for her but her real ability could be she unlocks a Mandolorian synergy much like brood alpha for geos so they reach get some awesomely fun new ability when paired with her. Plus they all get bounty hunters resolve but now it's called Mandolorian pride. Anyway I just think I'd would be a great crazy way to mix it up a bit

This has already been debated. No Mandalorian tag coming to the game ever.
  • I think a super fun and currently missing tag is the "mandolorian" tag. It has the potential for such an interesting mix of combinations. We have Boba, Jango, mando, canderous, Sabine, zaxon, and imperial commando. I understand the first three are bh and work great their but imagine making a leader for them like princess Satine (hope I'm spelling it right) she's a pacifist so no weapons for her but her real ability could be she unlocks a Mandolorian synergy much like brood alpha for geos so they reach get some awesomely fun new ability when paired with her. Plus they all get bounty hunters resolve but now it's called Mandolorian pride. Anyway I just think I'd would be a great crazy way to mix it up a bit

I remember the debates (there have been several). I do not remember that being the conclusion of any of them.

Got a source for this?
  • I remember the debates (there have been several). I do not remember that being the conclusion of any of them.

Got a source for this?

No I do not. Though I have heard the debate long enough that I (personally) don't think that a Mandalorian tag will be coming to the game anytime soon.
  • Didn’t CG said that the mandalorians is more of a creed than a faction/race?
  • I remember the debates (there have been several). I do not remember that being the conclusion of any of them.

Got a source for this?

No I do not. Though I have heard the debate long enough that I (personally) don't think that a Mandalorian tag will be coming to the game anytime soon.
    You should be clearer when you’re posting your opinion, then.

“No Mandalorian tag coming to the game ever” Suggests you are stating a fact.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Even if they did put it in, people would argue it’s not lore as the Fetts never met Sabrina Wren or The Mandalorian.

The only thing I can see it acceptable if CG put in the mandalorians from the Mandalorian series. There’s a heavy gunner, jetpack, blacksmith and even the Mandalorian himself.
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    riodhzzusyc5.jpg

I think maybe if they go to kotor 2 we could see this guy *cough* canderous *cough* and get a mandalorian tag
  • Q: Now that you are starting to introduce content from the Mandalorian, it is planned to introduce the Mandalorian tag?
    A: CG_Miller - Mandalorian is a very difficult category name to throw into the game. For one it could refer to the race of humans from the planet Mandalore. For another it could refer to the creed by which Mandalorians stand. And then there is a third reference and that is the show called The Mandalorian. If we were to add it, it would probably be in the definition as the first example (someone from Mandalore), but Jango Fett and Boba Fett are not Mandalorian which would exclude them from getting the category. This would be confusing to a lot of people while at the same time being canonically correct. Since there's no real pressing need or mechanic we want to tie around being Mandalorian, we're keeping it out of the game for now.

From the April 23rd dev Q&A

While you are right, CG has added enough flexibility and ignoring here and there to deal with such technical-correctness.

Rey is not a Jedi, right? She's just got all of them living in her and therefore doesn't get the tag, oh and she's being trained as a Jedi my OG Leia in the last movie at the end.... no excuses for the no Jedi tag. Eeth Koth gets a Jedi tag but Rey doesn't? Rey's used napkin is more of a Jedi than Eeth Koth.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The thing is, right now there's noone to really tie the faction together. We have a few loners, one who is more rebel, two who are more empire... not really the material for a cohesive team. If we get Bo-Katan, the blacksmith, Ursa or someone like that, then the tag will make more sense. Maybe s2 will give us more.

Got a source for this?

You should be clearer when you’re posting your opinion, then.

“No Mandalorian tag coming to the game ever” Suggests you are stating a fact.

K
  • Nauros wrote: »
    The thing is, right now there's noone to really tie the faction together. We have a few loners, one who is more rebel, two who are more empire... not really the material for a cohesive team. If we get Bo-Katan, the blacksmith, Ursa or someone like that, then the tag will make more sense. Maybe s2 will give us more.

You knew this was the way.....
  • Snobacca
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I think a super fun and currently missing tag is the "mandolorian" tag. It has the potential for such an interesting mix of combinations. We have Boba, Jango, mando, canderous, Sabine, zaxon, and imperial commando. I understand the first three are bh and work great their but imagine making a leader for them like princess Satine (hope I'm spelling it right) she's a pacifist so no weapons for her but her real ability could be she unlocks a Mandolorian synergy much like brood alpha for geos so they reach get some awesomely fun new ability when paired with her. Plus they all get bounty hunters resolve but now it's called Mandolorian pride. Anyway I just think I'd would be a great crazy way to mix it up a bit

Mandalorian is now a tag.

This didn't age well. Lol.

Even Jango Fett got it, even if Clone wars/Disney changed that he was a fake Mandalorian.
  • Snobacca wrote: »

Mandalorian is now a tag.

This didn't age well. Lol.

Even Jango Fett got it, even if Clone wars/Disney changed that he was a fake Mandalorian.

He's not a fake Mando. He was a foundling like Din Djarin
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Now back to the lost piggy faction. I want the ripped Gamorrean fighters as seen in The Mandalorian too.

apr5zltk6bu1.jpeg

Post edited by Gamorrean on
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    ribbed Gamorrean fighters
    :o Ummmm...what?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Old Daka would be proud
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

🤦🏼‍♂️ Stupid autocorrect
  • We just need the guy with the Tusken avatar to weigh in. Then the circle will be complete.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

🤦🏼‍♂️ Stupid autocorrect

Was it supposed to be "ripped?" This is why I like "jacked," might occasionally get changed to "jacket" but compared to ribbed...... 😝
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

🤦🏼‍♂️ Stupid autocorrect

Was it supposed to be "ripped?" This is why I like "jacked," might occasionally get changed to "jacket" but compared to ribbed...... 😝
    Exactly 😂
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    A “lost” faction you say?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lost_Jedi