New meta

Prev13
When will the meta change from GL and we will see other things than SLKR and Rey in top arena ?

Replies

• Just 1-2 weeks after I get one.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Csharpmao wrote: »
    Just 1-2 weeks after I get one.

😂😂😂😂😂
  • I would expect one or the other to be in the top team (though maybe not as the leader) until the next set of Galactic Legends is released.

Best personal guess on that - end of the year(ish).

Probably one or two more major character releases (Legendary/Journey/Epic) before then as well - those May shake up the compositions of the top teams, but will likely see a GL in there.

I think even more than Arena, the game could stand to see anther Legendary ship to break the monotony there, the top hundreds of any halfway mature shard is pure maxed GK or GG fleets these days (many players having both) with only the occasional other composition in there more for fun than anything else.
  • Are you already bored of having both yourself?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I think we will see two new GLs at the start of new year, with details coming out by end of this year.

I got the feeling it’ll be based on the original trilogy. But the only thing that could be a stumbling block for F2P players is that a R7 Jedi Knight Luke is one of the requirements, plus we will get a new Empire toon according to a recent datamine and we got Chewie&3po and Mon Mothma, which isn’t farmable yet.

I don’t know what GL they would bring out for the original trilogy considering the main characters already exist (Emperor, Darth Vader and JKLS.)

Or they may give up on the GL side (not likely but you never know with CG!)

Maybe they’ll add more relic levels.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    I think we will see two new GLs at the start of new year, with details coming out by end of this year.

I got the feeling it’ll be based on the original trilogy. But the only thing that could be a stumbling block for F2P players is that a R7 Jedi Knight Luke is one of the requirements, plus we will get a new Empire toon according to a recent datamine and we got Chewie&3po and Mon Mothma, which isn’t farmable yet.

I don’t know what GL they would bring out for the original trilogy considering the main characters already exist (Emperor, Darth Vader and JKLS.)

Or they may give up on the GL side (not likely but you never know with CG!)

If you save up 100K crystals before next year and start slow farming those newer ships/characters you should be ok
  • I don't know why anyone would want a new meta when the "old" meta is only just now becoming accessible to people. 2 months ago there were still only 10-12 GL squads on my shard, and today there's 23 or 24. (Literally 5-6 hit just in the last 48 hours, I don't know why it happened that way, but it did. Weird.)

In a shard as old as mine, there might be 500 active players. So 25/500 = 5/100 = 5%

That's not nearly enough penetration for the meta to get boring yet.

I hope they add slicing 6-dot mods so that the bonuses for each increase are still random, but the mod increases everything that hasn't been boosted. Slice it once and every secondary that had only 1 dose gets a 2nd dose. Slice it twice and every secondary that had only 2 doses gets a 3rd dose, etc.

There will still be better and worse mods, but now you don't have to change your mod sets for different missions. As long as you have the correct secondaries at all, you'll have multiple doses of those secondaries.

Increases toon power without adding relic levels AND makes it so you have to do less behind the scenes paperwork. Of course they'll have some rare slicing material you have to farm, but that's okay. You'd have to farm something for new relic levels as well. I'm not interested in instant gratification or getting everything for free.

I just don't ever want to change mod sets again.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Can you picture all the GL owners crying because a new toon destroys them? Power creep so hard that noe the only thing they can do is keep GL/future GLS as the meta

They are already crying that Vader can do that. :D

• xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Can you picture all the GL owners crying because a new toon destroys them? Power creep so hard that noe the only thing they can do is keep GL/future GLS as the meta
    Can you imagine GL owners being the first to unlock the new meta (again) and you coming back to the forums and complaining about it (again) like you've been doing it since Malak?
  • I would give anything for the next meta not to involve galactic legends at all.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I don't know why anyone would want a new meta when the "old" meta is only just now becoming accessible to people.

I want a new meta because the old meta is only just now becoming accessible to people who aren't me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I would give anything for the next meta not to involve galactic legends at all.

Pretty sure that ship has sailed. I dont think we will see any team being META for a while that doesn't contain a GL. I understand being pragmatic and holding off on getting these GLs if you are far behind, but they are not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Even if they add more, they are not likely to completely supplant these GLs.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I really hope it is next year, it would be pretty rough to get to having both and luke and then it changes soon, like this great comment:
    Csharpmao wrote: »
    Just 1-2 weeks after I get one.

it's only been 5 months since the events launched, and with the requirements (which were announced many months sooner, in December 2019 maybe? then just the first set of reqs in january) being so tough, the meta should be longer and extended. new toons like jkl/vader rework-type things can help extend as well, while also making it so lower (than GL/Double GL) level players can compete for a while. imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno wrote: »

Pretty sure that ship has sailed. I dont think we will see any team being META for a while that doesn't contain a GL. I understand being pragmatic and holding off on getting these GLs if you are far behind, but they are not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Even if they add more, they are not likely to completely supplant these GLs.
    Being unable to use >1 GL in a squad means it’s a possibility that new GLs supplant the existing ones.

I do find some posters in these threads funny though. They want a new meta that they can access quickly and with little investment on their part - as if the GL owners won’t instantly obtain that meta as well.

That and what rationale and even what mechanics would they put on a character to be able to beat a GL or GL team? Snoke or Emperor would be the only 2 reasonable, imo, and we are indeed due for a final Emperor. It would be pretty cool if they released Final Emperor as an easy to obtain JKL-type of release where only if you made a dumb decision like ignore Thrawn would you be missing out. I mean, they pretty much did it with Vader.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Lore does not matter here.
  • I can see Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi being a GL but I’ve no idea who the dark side one would be. Maybe a Fallen Anakin?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Being unable to use >1 GL in a squad means it’s a possibility that new GLs supplant the existing ones.

I do find some posters in these threads funny though. They want a new meta that they can access quickly and with little investment on their part - as if the GL owners won’t instantly obtain that meta as well.

That is true, it would be hard to have more GLs and keep them all balanced.

Yes, that's why I see GLs sticking it out for a while, even if they introduced a new pair, I would see them being similar not necessarily stronger.

Yes, that's why I see GLs sticking it out for a while, even if they introduced a new pair, I would see them being similar not necessarily stronger.
    The “buff Rey” campaign seems to have quietened down a lot lately. Wonder if some of the Rey owners have now unlocked SLKR or are closing in on it?

The best option, as usual, is to own them both. As soon as they release new GLs, that’s what the smart players will aim for.

The “buff Rey” campaign seems to have quietened down a lot lately. Wonder if some of the Rey owners have now unlocked SLKR or are closing in on it?

The best option, as usual, is to own them both. As soon as they release new GLs, that’s what the smart players will aim for.

Not me. Still a long way to SLKR, since my focus is on unlocking jkl at the moment.

I still believe resistance should be buffed, but replying the same thing over and over is tiresome, especially when CG don’t know how to communicate probably

What I want is fun characters to work towards. These gls are terrible so I am skipping them completely. I don't care what the next meta is as long as I don't have to worry about timeouts in mirror matches and gearing up worthless characters I will be happy.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »

What I want is fun characters to work towards. These gls are terrible so I am skipping them completely. I don't care what the next meta is as long as I don't have to worry about timeouts in mirror matches and gearing up worthless characters I will be happy.
    Well, good luck with that. Gear is the new gate, and I’d expect that to continue from this point forward.

JKR and DR were the last toons that had stars as the gate. Pretty much everything since has had a large gearing requirement, and the amount of players who have (almost) everything at 7* means they will keep doing this. And they’ll keep including worthless characters on the list too.
  • And based on the ludicrous requirements for GL, if they were pushed out of the meta as quickly as older teams the whales/krakens would be furious.
  • I can see Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi being a GL but I’ve no idea who the dark side one would be. Maybe a Fallen Anakin?

More likely to be Darth Vader. After all he was named that before he got the suit.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    replying the same thing over and over is tiresome

A thousand +1s to this

Well, good luck with that. Gear is the new gate, and I’d expect that to continue from this point forward.

JKR and DR were the last toons that had stars as the gate. Pretty much everything since has had a large gearing requirement, and the amount of players who have (almost) everything at 7* means they will keep doing this. And they’ll keep including worthless characters on the list too.

Jkl came out after the gls and his requirements seem fine. It was actually nice to get to gear up Hoda and wampa. Hopefully we will get more stuff like that going forward. I was able to beat tier 2 of ground war first try this time thanks to Hoda. Now we just need an event that we can use wampa in.

Jkl came out after the gls and his requirements seem fine. It was actually nice to get to gear up Hoda and wampa. Hopefully we will get more stuff like that going forward. I was able to beat tier 2 of ground war first try this time thanks to Hoda. Now we just need an event that we can use wampa in.
    How are CHS, ROLO and Lando working out for you?