3v3 makes me not want to play my favourite game mode

13Next

Replies

  • Waqui
    8155 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nice input Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol


    Just a though here, but let's say 20% of the community has a GL.... That means 60% of the community dont have any issues at all with what you are saying.

    I can assure you without a doubt it's not 90/10

    This is the post I'm referring to, so if 20% was incorrect I got my data from the official forum moderator. If he is posting bad incorrect information like mistaking the percent of people with a GL ridicule him, not me.

    I did in no way say those were official numbers.

    I said I got the number from the official moderator, not that the number was official itself.

    If you just made it that's an entirely different situation. But if gaffifi is gonna jump on my case for using the number u communicated in an example then he should redirect his anger at you for saying 20% without doing any research.

    I shouldn't have to research and ensure what someone says is correct before responding to it but there's different rules for different people... Kinda like cheating I get it.

    you don't see that the 20% number is irrelevant to the problem with your post?

    [...]

    Why don't you do a poll and see how many people in div 1 and 2 have never fought against a GL in GAC? If you did the number would be close to 0%.

    Everyone without a GL has fought against a GL assuming they actually play gac.

    That was my point

    Everyone? My div. 1 Khyber top-50 alt with no GL has yet to encounter its first GL in GAC.
  • TVF
    27966 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nice input Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol


    Just a though here, but let's say 20% of the community has a GL.... That means 60% of the community dont have any issues at all with what you are saying.

    I can assure you without a doubt it's not 90/10

    This is the post I'm referring to, so if 20% was incorrect I got my data from the official forum moderator. If he is posting bad incorrect information like mistaking the percent of people with a GL ridicule him, not me.

    I did in no way say those were official numbers.

    I said I got the number from the official moderator, not that the number was official itself.

    If you just made it that's an entirely different situation. But if gaffifi is gonna jump on my case for using the number u communicated in an example then he should redirect his anger at you for saying 20% without doing any research.

    I shouldn't have to research and ensure what someone says is correct before responding to it but there's different rules for different people... Kinda like cheating I get it.

    you don't see that the 20% number is irrelevant to the problem with your post?

    [...]

    Why don't you do a poll and see how many people in div 1 and 2 have never fought against a GL in GAC? If you did the number would be close to 0%.

    Everyone without a GL has fought against a GL assuming they actually play gac.

    That was my point

    Everyone? My div. 1 Khyber top-50 alt with no GL has yet to encounter its first GL in GAC.

    You should have kept reading.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8155 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nice input Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol


    Just a though here, but let's say 20% of the community has a GL.... That means 60% of the community dont have any issues at all with what you are saying.

    I can assure you without a doubt it's not 90/10

    This is the post I'm referring to, so if 20% was incorrect I got my data from the official forum moderator. If he is posting bad incorrect information like mistaking the percent of people with a GL ridicule him, not me.

    I did in no way say those were official numbers.

    I said I got the number from the official moderator, not that the number was official itself.

    If you just made it that's an entirely different situation. But if gaffifi is gonna jump on my case for using the number u communicated in an example then he should redirect his anger at you for saying 20% without doing any research.

    I shouldn't have to research and ensure what someone says is correct before responding to it but there's different rules for different people... Kinda like cheating I get it.

    you don't see that the 20% number is irrelevant to the problem with your post?

    [...]

    Why don't you do a poll and see how many people in div 1 and 2 have never fought against a GL in GAC? If you did the number would be close to 0%.

    Everyone without a GL has fought against a GL assuming they actually play gac.

    That was my point

    Everyone? My div. 1 Khyber top-50 alt with no GL has yet to encounter its first GL in GAC.

    You should have kept reading.

    You should read again.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nice input Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol


    Just a though here, but let's say 20% of the community has a GL.... That means 60% of the community dont have any issues at all with what you are saying.

    I can assure you without a doubt it's not 90/10

    This is the post I'm referring to, so if 20% was incorrect I got my data from the official forum moderator. If he is posting bad incorrect information like mistaking the percent of people with a GL ridicule him, not me.

    I did in no way say those were official numbers.

    I said I got the number from the official moderator, not that the number was official itself.

    If you just made it that's an entirely different situation. But if gaffifi is gonna jump on my case for using the number u communicated in an example then he should redirect his anger at you for saying 20% without doing any research.

    I shouldn't have to research and ensure what someone says is correct before responding to it but there's different rules for different people... Kinda like cheating I get it.

    you don't see that the 20% number is irrelevant to the problem with your post?

    [...]

    Why don't you do a poll and see how many people in div 1 and 2 have never fought against a GL in GAC? If you did the number would be close to 0%.

    Everyone without a GL has fought against a GL assuming they actually play gac.

    That was my point

    Everyone? My div. 1 Khyber top-50 alt with no GL has yet to encounter its first GL in GAC.

    Prove it
  • Waqui
    8155 posts Member
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nice input Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol


    Just a though here, but let's say 20% of the community has a GL.... That means 60% of the community dont have any issues at all with what you are saying.

    I can assure you without a doubt it's not 90/10

    This is the post I'm referring to, so if 20% was incorrect I got my data from the official forum moderator. If he is posting bad incorrect information like mistaking the percent of people with a GL ridicule him, not me.

    I did in no way say those were official numbers.

    I said I got the number from the official moderator, not that the number was official itself.

    If you just made it that's an entirely different situation. But if gaffifi is gonna jump on my case for using the number u communicated in an example then he should redirect his anger at you for saying 20% without doing any research.

    I shouldn't have to research and ensure what someone says is correct before responding to it but there's different rules for different people... Kinda like cheating I get it.

    you don't see that the 20% number is irrelevant to the problem with your post?

    [...]

    Why don't you do a poll and see how many people in div 1 and 2 have never fought against a GL in GAC? If you did the number would be close to 0%.

    Everyone without a GL has fought against a GL assuming they actually play gac.

    That was my point

    Everyone? My div. 1 Khyber top-50 alt with no GL has yet to encounter its first GL in GAC.

    Prove it

    Do some research.
  • RandomSithLord
    2187 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nice input Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol


    Just a though here, but let's say 20% of the community has a GL.... That means 60% of the community dont have any issues at all with what you are saying.

    I can assure you without a doubt it's not 90/10

    This is the post I'm referring to, so if 20% was incorrect I got my data from the official forum moderator. If he is posting bad incorrect information like mistaking the percent of people with a GL ridicule him, not me.

    I did in no way say those were official numbers.

    I said I got the number from the official moderator, not that the number was official itself.

    If you just made it that's an entirely different situation. But if gaffifi is gonna jump on my case for using the number u communicated in an example then he should redirect his anger at you for saying 20% without doing any research.

    I shouldn't have to research and ensure what someone says is correct before responding to it but there's different rules for different people... Kinda like cheating I get it.

    you don't see that the 20% number is irrelevant to the problem with your post?

    [...]

    Why don't you do a poll and see how many people in div 1 and 2 have never fought against a GL in GAC? If you did the number would be close to 0%.

    Everyone without a GL has fought against a GL assuming they actually play gac.

    That was my point

    Everyone? My div. 1 Khyber top-50 alt with no GL has yet to encounter its first GL in GAC.

    Prove it
    Open GAC. Check the leaderboard in division 1. Then tell us if you think the two players at the top have ever seen a GL in their life. (These two are also a clear indication that we need new divisions)
  • Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nice input Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol


    Just a though here, but let's say 20% of the community has a GL.... That means 60% of the community dont have any issues at all with what you are saying.

    I can assure you without a doubt it's not 90/10

    This is the post I'm referring to, so if 20% was incorrect I got my data from the official forum moderator. If he is posting bad incorrect information like mistaking the percent of people with a GL ridicule him, not me.

    I did in no way say those were official numbers.

    I said I got the number from the official moderator, not that the number was official itself.

    If you just made it that's an entirely different situation. But if gaffifi is gonna jump on my case for using the number u communicated in an example then he should redirect his anger at you for saying 20% without doing any research.

    I shouldn't have to research and ensure what someone says is correct before responding to it but there's different rules for different people... Kinda like cheating I get it.

    you don't see that the 20% number is irrelevant to the problem with your post?

    [...]

    Why don't you do a poll and see how many people in div 1 and 2 have never fought against a GL in GAC? If you did the number would be close to 0%.

    Everyone without a GL has fought against a GL assuming they actually play gac.

    That was my point

    Everyone? My div. 1 Khyber top-50 alt with no GL has yet to encounter its first GL in GAC.

    Prove it
    Open GAC. Check the leaderboard in division 1. Then tell us if you think the two players at the top have ever seen a GL in their life. (These two are also a clear indication that we need new divisions)

    What I think isn't proof. For the record, I don't think everyone in division has faced a GL. I think that's part of the problem. There definitely needs to be at least 1 more, probably 2, divisions. Top 80 character GP is a poor metric for matchups. The idea that GL owners are some how rewarded doesn't hold true if those without(a GL) can have an easier route to kyber.
  • Gifafi
    5307 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    27966 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nice input Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol


    Just a though here, but let's say 20% of the community has a GL.... That means 60% of the community dont have any issues at all with what you are saying.

    I can assure you without a doubt it's not 90/10

    This is the post I'm referring to, so if 20% was incorrect I got my data from the official forum moderator. If he is posting bad incorrect information like mistaking the percent of people with a GL ridicule him, not me.

    I did in no way say those were official numbers.

    I said I got the number from the official moderator, not that the number was official itself.

    If you just made it that's an entirely different situation. But if gaffifi is gonna jump on my case for using the number u communicated in an example then he should redirect his anger at you for saying 20% without doing any research.

    I shouldn't have to research and ensure what someone says is correct before responding to it but there's different rules for different people... Kinda like cheating I get it.

    you don't see that the 20% number is irrelevant to the problem with your post?

    [...]

    Why don't you do a poll and see how many people in div 1 and 2 have never fought against a GL in GAC? If you did the number would be close to 0%.

    Everyone without a GL has fought against a GL assuming they actually play gac.

    That was my point

    Everyone? My div. 1 Khyber top-50 alt with no GL has yet to encounter its first GL in GAC.

    You should have kept reading.

    You should read again.

    Ok yeah my bad on that one.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    27966 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut

    Technically correct is the best kind of correct.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    5307 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut

    Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

    literally!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut

    Keen to pick apart everything said until it points out how pedantic you're being?

    Technically correct is worthless within the scope of most discussions. Your gripe with bobcat is incorrect. You pick at his numbers being used when it is known how he got what he was working with and everything beyond that is logical and at least mostly correct.

    Effectively, the sky is blue. That is the most correct way to talk about it in almost any facet of life. Now you've come along with a 'well, technically...' something that provides no value to the conversation being had.

    Technically correct is the least meaningful kind of correct.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut

    Keen to pick apart everything said until it points out how pedantic you're being?

    Technically correct is worthless within the scope of most discussions. Your gripe with bobcat is incorrect. You pick at his numbers being used when it is known how he got what he was working with and everything beyond that is logical and at least mostly correct.

    Effectively, the sky is blue. That is the most correct way to talk about it in almost any facet of life. Now you've come along with a 'well, technically...' something that provides no value to the conversation being had.

    Technically correct is the least meaningful kind of correct.
    I take issue with this.

    Bobcat’s post is not mostly correct, regardless of what numbers he was working with.

    Bobcat is trying to use a probability approach to calculate how many non-GL owners have faced a GL owner, and he concludes that they all have - but his conclusion is based on a flawed assumption.

    He assumes that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows on.

    When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.
  • MaruMaru
    2131 posts Member
    Wrong assumption, bogus calculation, false conclusion. All I get is some people doesn't have gl surely get matched with people with gl (under certain conditions).
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut

    Keen to pick apart everything said until it points out how pedantic you're being?

    Technically correct is worthless within the scope of most discussions. Your gripe with bobcat is incorrect. You pick at his numbers being used when it is known how he got what he was working with and everything beyond that is logical and at least mostly correct.

    Effectively, the sky is blue. That is the most correct way to talk about it in almost any facet of life. Now you've come along with a 'well, technically...' something that provides no value to the conversation being had.

    Technically correct is the least meaningful kind of correct.
    I take issue with this.

    Bobcat’s post is not mostly correct, regardless of what numbers he was working with.

    Bobcat is trying to use a probability approach to calculate how many non-GL owners have faced a GL owner, and he concludes that they all have - but his conclusion is based on a flawed assumption.

    He assumes that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows on.

    When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    1) — You say I assume that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows.

    Please don't put words in my mouth I never said everyone has exactly the same chance as everyone else. I never said the chance at facing a GL is constant value. These are claims your assuming I'm assuming in order to prove me wrong.

    Of course a players chance at fighting a GL can vary but everyone in division 1 and 2 has a chance at facing a GL because matchups are based on top 80 gp.

    A common debate tactic people use to always be correct is to paint what someone else said in poor light by taking their words out of context to make their views extremist in order to prove their point of view invalid. Here you have taken my example of me saying assume people have a 20% chance and twisted it conveniently into me saying everyone absolutely always has exactly a 20% chance. This fact twisting allows you to allegedly prove me incorrect but people who have reading comprehension skills can easily see that in reality your just proving something that you made up (that I assume every single person in division 2 has exactly the same chance at meeting a GL) to be incorrect.

    If you believe there are accounts in division 1 that will never ever be matched against a GL okay. Your allowed to have whatever belief you want. I'm simply assuming everyone has a chance at fighting a GL maybe 4% maybe 20% maybe 97% (as giraffe said it was 28 of 29 GL matches for him) my point only assumes there is a chance to face a GL.

    Again my assumption is just that there is a chance... Then I use "maths" to show how over 12 rounds whatever chance that is grows exponentially. This is indisputable but hey lots of people fail "maths" so if this is over your head don't be offended.

    2) — You also say When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    Same thing here I never said it was completely random just that it was random. Here your restating my claim again in terms of absolutes to make my claim easy to disprove. Matchmaking is random based on top 80 gp. This isn't a assumption. Thus is actually how matchmaking works.

    If I'm wrong and matchmaking isn't random based on top 80 gp.... Then what is it based on? Instead of saying im wrong why not enlighten everyone reading and tell us what is correct. How do you think matchmaking work if it isn't random based on top 80 gp?

    3) finally you state that — In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    They don't need to "draw you" in gac to fight a GL. These 2 players may never draw you but they definitely have a chance at fighting against a GL, especially if they are competitively playing GAC...

    But even if I assume the 2 accounts you mentioned won't and haven't fought against a GL that is 2 of 50 players in your guild. So 48 of 50 have fought against a GL that's 96%.

    Go back to the beginning now

    I was saying 90%/10% isn't an unreasonable ratio because 90% of people without a GL have fought against a GL. Here your proving me wrong by claiming that 4% of your guild hasn't fought a GL. GOOD JOB YOUR SHOWING HOW LOGICAL YOU ARE. If you think this proves you right then further discussion is pointless.

    The whole reason I even said anything in defense of OP was because Kyno used some poor math and Kynos unresearched data to prove OP's 90/10 ratio to be incorrect since only a small portion of players face a GL. My point was even if only a small portion have a GL the result is an exponentially larger percent of non GL owners facing a GL over a 12 round GAC.

    What was priceless was seeing the CG rah rah accounts attack me for using unsubstantiated data... Numbers picked out of thin air... Commenting before doing any research... And just making up stats for simply using Kynos 20% number.

    No one attacked Kyno the moderator for posting data Kyno just made up out of thin air to prove someone's concern invalid...

    Then several people mis state my points by adding words like "always", "exactly", "never" to my statements to make what I said extreme and muhh easier to prove incorrect since disproving an absolute is very simple.

    Watch...

    Person A — The sky is blue

    Person B — person A is wrong! Person A says the sky is always blue but the sky isn't always blue it can be white if it is cloudy or black if it is night. I just called 2 guild mates in California and they both said the sky was all white because the ash so clearly the sky isn't always blue and person A was WRONG!!!
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut

    Keen to pick apart everything said until it points out how pedantic you're being?

    Technically correct is worthless within the scope of most discussions. Your gripe with bobcat is incorrect. You pick at his numbers being used when it is known how he got what he was working with and everything beyond that is logical and at least mostly correct.

    Effectively, the sky is blue. That is the most correct way to talk about it in almost any facet of life. Now you've come along with a 'well, technically...' something that provides no value to the conversation being had.

    Technically correct is the least meaningful kind of correct.
    I take issue with this.

    Bobcat’s post is not mostly correct, regardless of what numbers he was working with.

    Bobcat is trying to use a probability approach to calculate how many non-GL owners have faced a GL owner, and he concludes that they all have - but his conclusion is based on a flawed assumption.

    He assumes that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows on.

    When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    1) — You say I assume that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows.

    Please don't put words in my mouth I never said everyone has exactly the same chance as everyone else. I never said the chance at facing a GL is constant value. These are claims your assuming I'm assuming in order to prove me wrong.

    Of course a players chance at fighting a GL can vary but everyone in division 1 and 2 has a chance at facing a GL because matchups are based on top 80 gp.

    A common debate tactic people use to always be correct is to paint what someone else said in poor light by taking their words out of context to make their views extremist in order to prove their point of view invalid. Here you have taken my example of me saying assume people have a 20% chance and twisted it conveniently into me saying everyone absolutely always has exactly a 20% chance. This fact twisting allows you to allegedly prove me incorrect but people who have reading comprehension skills can easily see that in reality your just proving something that you made up (that I assume every single person in division 2 has exactly the same chance at meeting a GL) to be incorrect.

    If you believe there are accounts in division 1 that will never ever be matched against a GL okay. Your allowed to have whatever belief you want. I'm simply assuming everyone has a chance at fighting a GL maybe 4% maybe 20% maybe 97% (as giraffe said it was 28 of 29 GL matches for him) my point only assumes there is a chance to face a GL.

    Again my assumption is just that there is a chance... Then I use "maths" to show how over 12 rounds whatever chance that is grows exponentially. This is indisputable but hey lots of people fail "maths" so if this is over your head don't be offended.

    2) — You also say When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    Same thing here I never said it was completely random just that it was random. Here your restating my claim again in terms of absolutes to make my claim easy to disprove. Matchmaking is random based on top 80 gp. This isn't a assumption. Thus is actually how matchmaking works.

    If I'm wrong and matchmaking isn't random based on top 80 gp.... Then what is it based on? Instead of saying im wrong why not enlighten everyone reading and tell us what is correct. How do you think matchmaking work if it isn't random based on top 80 gp?

    3) finally you state that — In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    They don't need to "draw you" in gac to fight a GL. These 2 players may never draw you but they definitely have a chance at fighting against a GL, especially if they are competitively playing GAC...

    But even if I assume the 2 accounts you mentioned won't and haven't fought against a GL that is 2 of 50 players in your guild. So 48 of 50 have fought against a GL that's 96%.

    Go back to the beginning now

    I was saying 90%/10% isn't an unreasonable ratio because 90% of people without a GL have fought against a GL. Here your proving me wrong by claiming that 4% of your guild hasn't fought a GL. GOOD JOB YOUR SHOWING HOW LOGICAL YOU ARE. If you think this proves you right then further discussion is pointless.

    The whole reason I even said anything in defense of OP was because Kyno used some poor math and Kynos unresearched data to prove OP's 90/10 ratio to be incorrect since only a small portion of players face a GL. My point was even if only a small portion have a GL the result is an exponentially larger percent of non GL owners facing a GL over a 12 round GAC.

    What was priceless was seeing the CG rah rah accounts attack me for using unsubstantiated data... Numbers picked out of thin air... Commenting before doing any research... And just making up stats for simply using Kynos 20% number.

    No one attacked Kyno the moderator for posting data Kyno just made up out of thin air to prove someone's concern invalid...

    Then several people mis state my points by adding words like "always", "exactly", "never" to my statements to make what I said extreme and muhh easier to prove incorrect since disproving an absolute is very simple.

    Watch...

    Person A — The sky is blue

    Person B — person A is wrong! Person A says the sky is always blue but the sky isn't always blue it can be white if it is cloudy or black if it is night. I just called 2 guild mates in California and they both said the sky was all white because the ash so clearly the sky isn't always blue and person A was WRONG!!!
    I think I’m going to bow out here Bobcat. This is going nowhere. I also have no desire to carry on a debate with someone who

    a) has a swipe at my reading skills, when their own post is littered with misspellings. On top of that, your obsession with 90% / 10% of people having faced or not faced a GL isn’t even what the OP was talking about when he/she mentioned 90% / 10%. They were talking about the proportion of people who enjoyed 3v3.

    b) has a swipe at my maths skills. I teach maths for a living. I’m not disputing your maths anyway, it’s the assumptions that precede it that I dispute. When you say my 2 guild mates who have never fought a GL in GAC prove that 96% of my guild have, you yet again fall foul of your assumptions. Not all of my guild is in division 1 or 2, so the percentage is much lower than 96!

    Players at the lower end of top X GP in division 1 are matched randomly, but they’re matched randomly with others who have similar top X GP. Proportionally fewer of them will own a GL. Players up at my end are randomly matched with people with a similar top X GP. Proportionally more of them will own a GL. The people at the bottom end are much less likely to meet a GL owner.

    And I’m not putting words in your mouth.

    - the chances of meeting a GL owner “grows exponentially”. As I mentioned I teach maths for a living. I could arrange an online tuition session to teach you what exponentially actually means if you like? But this is not exponential growth.
    - Everyone without a GL has fought against a GL assuming they actually play gac. you said exactly this. In bold. About all division 1 and division 2 players. A common debate tactic is for people to say things that can be disproved; then accuse people of putting words in their mouth. But you said this.
  • MaruMaru
    2131 posts Member
    Your entire approach is still wrong. There is not a flat chance of each account meeting a gl, it's not a chance based event. There's no % attached to my or your account of pulling a gl. Top 80 is the deciding factor who one can possibly get matched with, you are serving top 80 as something minor while the real decisive element is randomness. The method of calculation is as bogus as the first moment you made it, it's not the numbers that's the problem. But please go on thumping your chest about it.

    Also matchmaking is not "random based on top 80". You can read back matchmaking announcement where cg says there are other factors in mm which has different weights (and the weights changed after exhibition season). This is invisible to us, leaving only top 80 as the main cap we have control/knowledge over.

    If all you wanted to say is most people at some point will probably get matched with a gl in div1 and 2...wow what a revelation.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Your entire approach is still wrong. There is not a flat chance of each account meeting a gl, it's not a chance based event. There's no % attached to my or your account of pulling a gl. Top 80 is the deciding factor who one can possibly get matched with, you are serving top 80 as something minor while the real decisive element is randomness. The method of calculation is as bogus as the first moment you made it, it's not the numbers that's the problem. But please go on thumping your chest about it.

    Also matchmaking is not "random based on top 80". You can read back matchmaking announcement where cg says there are other factors in mm which has different weights (and the weights changed after exhibition season). This is invisible to us, leaving only top 80 as the main cap we have control/knowledge over.

    If all you wanted to say is most people at some point will probably get matched with a gl in div1 and 2...wow what a revelation.

    wow what a revelation? Now your on board?

    Yes most people will face a GL at some point over the course of 12 combats, especially if they are playing GAC (not just collecting rewards from gac). Playing is basically all it takes to win the first week against inactives then in weeks 2 and 3 and 4 when your matched against others in higher and higher leagues your more likely to see a GL. I'm glad you finally agree and we can move on.
  • So can you finally answer why GL owners shouldn't be matched with players without GL?
  • They should be I never said they shouldn't be. Where do these arguments come from? Lol
    So can you finally answer why GL owners shouldn't be matched with players without GL?

  • RandomSithLord
    2187 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    It's been brought up several times in this thread (not necessarily by you).
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2188 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut

    Keen to pick apart everything said until it points out how pedantic you're being?

    Technically correct is worthless within the scope of most discussions. Your gripe with bobcat is incorrect. You pick at his numbers being used when it is known how he got what he was working with and everything beyond that is logical and at least mostly correct.

    Effectively, the sky is blue. That is the most correct way to talk about it in almost any facet of life. Now you've come along with a 'well, technically...' something that provides no value to the conversation being had.

    Technically correct is the least meaningful kind of correct.
    I take issue with this.

    Bobcat’s post is not mostly correct, regardless of what numbers he was working with.

    Bobcat is trying to use a probability approach to calculate how many non-GL owners have faced a GL owner, and he concludes that they all have - but his conclusion is based on a flawed assumption.

    He assumes that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows on.

    When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    1) — You say I assume that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows.

    Please don't put words in my mouth I never said everyone has exactly the same chance as everyone else. I never said the chance at facing a GL is constant value. These are claims your assuming I'm assuming in order to prove me wrong.

    Of course a players chance at fighting a GL can vary but everyone in division 1 and 2 has a chance at facing a GL because matchups are based on top 80 gp.

    A common debate tactic people use to always be correct is to paint what someone else said in poor light by taking their words out of context to make their views extremist in order to prove their point of view invalid. Here you have taken my example of me saying assume people have a 20% chance and twisted it conveniently into me saying everyone absolutely always has exactly a 20% chance. This fact twisting allows you to allegedly prove me incorrect but people who have reading comprehension skills can easily see that in reality your just proving something that you made up (that I assume every single person in division 2 has exactly the same chance at meeting a GL) to be incorrect.

    If you believe there are accounts in division 1 that will never ever be matched against a GL okay. Your allowed to have whatever belief you want. I'm simply assuming everyone has a chance at fighting a GL maybe 4% maybe 20% maybe 97% (as giraffe said it was 28 of 29 GL matches for him) my point only assumes there is a chance to face a GL.

    Again my assumption is just that there is a chance... Then I use "maths" to show how over 12 rounds whatever chance that is grows exponentially. This is indisputable but hey lots of people fail "maths" so if this is over your head don't be offended.

    2) — You also say When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    Same thing here I never said it was completely random just that it was random. Here your restating my claim again in terms of absolutes to make my claim easy to disprove. Matchmaking is random based on top 80 gp. This isn't a assumption. Thus is actually how matchmaking works.

    If I'm wrong and matchmaking isn't random based on top 80 gp.... Then what is it based on? Instead of saying im wrong why not enlighten everyone reading and tell us what is correct. How do you think matchmaking work if it isn't random based on top 80 gp?

    3) finally you state that — In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    They don't need to "draw you" in gac to fight a GL. These 2 players may never draw you but they definitely have a chance at fighting against a GL, especially if they are competitively playing GAC...

    But even if I assume the 2 accounts you mentioned won't and haven't fought against a GL that is 2 of 50 players in your guild. So 48 of 50 have fought against a GL that's 96%.

    Go back to the beginning now

    I was saying 90%/10% isn't an unreasonable ratio because 90% of people without a GL have fought against a GL. Here your proving me wrong by claiming that 4% of your guild hasn't fought a GL. GOOD JOB YOUR SHOWING HOW LOGICAL YOU ARE. If you think this proves you right then further discussion is pointless.

    The whole reason I even said anything in defense of OP was because Kyno used some poor math and Kynos unresearched data to prove OP's 90/10 ratio to be incorrect since only a small portion of players face a GL. My point was even if only a small portion have a GL the result is an exponentially larger percent of non GL owners facing a GL over a 12 round GAC.

    What was priceless was seeing the CG rah rah accounts attack me for using unsubstantiated data... Numbers picked out of thin air... Commenting before doing any research... And just making up stats for simply using Kynos 20% number.

    No one attacked Kyno the moderator for posting data Kyno just made up out of thin air to prove someone's concern invalid...

    Then several people mis state my points by adding words like "always", "exactly", "never" to my statements to make what I said extreme and muhh easier to prove incorrect since disproving an absolute is very simple.

    Watch...

    Person A — The sky is blue

    Person B — person A is wrong! Person A says the sky is always blue but the sky isn't always blue it can be white if it is cloudy or black if it is night. I just called 2 guild mates in California and they both said the sky was all white because the ash so clearly the sky isn't always blue and person A was WRONG!!!
    I think I’m going to bow out here Bobcat. This is going nowhere. I also have no desire to carry on a debate with someone who has a swipe at my reading skills, when their own post is littered with misspellings.

    On top of that, your obsession with 90% / 10% of people having faced or not faced a GL isn’t even what the OP was talking about when he/she mentioned 90% / 10%. They were talking about the proportion of people who enjoyed 3v3.

    I don't have an obsession with 90/10 I was talking about this post below. The post is about how GL owners play 3v3 and how 90% of people in OP opinion don't like 3v3. OP states how GL are grossly overpowered which leads to stale combat and dislike for GAC (for 3v3 in particular since that is in the title of the post). I'm not sure how you missed it but both are right there on the first page.

    Just to be clear this isn't an attack on your reading skills it's just a reference to where the information is located.
    Nice input @Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol

    Kyno responded with a comment that would lead OP to believe that facing a GL is uncommon in GAC which is factually not true over the course of a full gac most people in div 1 and 2 face a GL. Even maru agreed he says wow what a revelation like it's common sense. So no need for bickering.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut

    Keen to pick apart everything said until it points out how pedantic you're being?

    Technically correct is worthless within the scope of most discussions. Your gripe with bobcat is incorrect. You pick at his numbers being used when it is known how he got what he was working with and everything beyond that is logical and at least mostly correct.

    Effectively, the sky is blue. That is the most correct way to talk about it in almost any facet of life. Now you've come along with a 'well, technically...' something that provides no value to the conversation being had.

    Technically correct is the least meaningful kind of correct.
    I take issue with this.

    Bobcat’s post is not mostly correct, regardless of what numbers he was working with.

    Bobcat is trying to use a probability approach to calculate how many non-GL owners have faced a GL owner, and he concludes that they all have - but his conclusion is based on a flawed assumption.

    He assumes that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows on.

    When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    1) — You say I assume that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows.

    Please don't put words in my mouth I never said everyone has exactly the same chance as everyone else. I never said the chance at facing a GL is constant value. These are claims your assuming I'm assuming in order to prove me wrong.

    Of course a players chance at fighting a GL can vary but everyone in division 1 and 2 has a chance at facing a GL because matchups are based on top 80 gp.

    A common debate tactic people use to always be correct is to paint what someone else said in poor light by taking their words out of context to make their views extremist in order to prove their point of view invalid. Here you have taken my example of me saying assume people have a 20% chance and twisted it conveniently into me saying everyone absolutely always has exactly a 20% chance. This fact twisting allows you to allegedly prove me incorrect but people who have reading comprehension skills can easily see that in reality your just proving something that you made up (that I assume every single person in division 2 has exactly the same chance at meeting a GL) to be incorrect.

    If you believe there are accounts in division 1 that will never ever be matched against a GL okay. Your allowed to have whatever belief you want. I'm simply assuming everyone has a chance at fighting a GL maybe 4% maybe 20% maybe 97% (as giraffe said it was 28 of 29 GL matches for him) my point only assumes there is a chance to face a GL.

    Again my assumption is just that there is a chance... Then I use "maths" to show how over 12 rounds whatever chance that is grows exponentially. This is indisputable but hey lots of people fail "maths" so if this is over your head don't be offended.

    2) — You also say When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    Same thing here I never said it was completely random just that it was random. Here your restating my claim again in terms of absolutes to make my claim easy to disprove. Matchmaking is random based on top 80 gp. This isn't a assumption. Thus is actually how matchmaking works.

    If I'm wrong and matchmaking isn't random based on top 80 gp.... Then what is it based on? Instead of saying im wrong why not enlighten everyone reading and tell us what is correct. How do you think matchmaking work if it isn't random based on top 80 gp?

    3) finally you state that — In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    They don't need to "draw you" in gac to fight a GL. These 2 players may never draw you but they definitely have a chance at fighting against a GL, especially if they are competitively playing GAC...

    But even if I assume the 2 accounts you mentioned won't and haven't fought against a GL that is 2 of 50 players in your guild. So 48 of 50 have fought against a GL that's 96%.

    Go back to the beginning now

    I was saying 90%/10% isn't an unreasonable ratio because 90% of people without a GL have fought against a GL. Here your proving me wrong by claiming that 4% of your guild hasn't fought a GL. GOOD JOB YOUR SHOWING HOW LOGICAL YOU ARE. If you think this proves you right then further discussion is pointless.

    The whole reason I even said anything in defense of OP was because Kyno used some poor math and Kynos unresearched data to prove OP's 90/10 ratio to be incorrect since only a small portion of players face a GL. My point was even if only a small portion have a GL the result is an exponentially larger percent of non GL owners facing a GL over a 12 round GAC.

    What was priceless was seeing the CG rah rah accounts attack me for using unsubstantiated data... Numbers picked out of thin air... Commenting before doing any research... And just making up stats for simply using Kynos 20% number.

    No one attacked Kyno the moderator for posting data Kyno just made up out of thin air to prove someone's concern invalid...

    Then several people mis state my points by adding words like "always", "exactly", "never" to my statements to make what I said extreme and muhh easier to prove incorrect since disproving an absolute is very simple.

    Watch...

    Person A — The sky is blue

    Person B — person A is wrong! Person A says the sky is always blue but the sky isn't always blue it can be white if it is cloudy or black if it is night. I just called 2 guild mates in California and they both said the sky was all white because the ash so clearly the sky isn't always blue and person A was WRONG!!!
    I think I’m going to bow out here Bobcat. This is going nowhere. I also have no desire to carry on a debate with someone who has a swipe at my reading skills, when their own post is littered with misspellings.

    On top of that, your obsession with 90% / 10% of people having faced or not faced a GL isn’t even what the OP was talking about when he/she mentioned 90% / 10%. They were talking about the proportion of people who enjoyed 3v3.

    I was talking about this post. The post is about how GL owners play 3v3 and how 90% of people in OP opinion don't like 3v3.

    OP states how GL are grossly overpowered while leads to stale combat and dislike for 3v3 in particular. I'm not sure how you missed it but it's right there on the first page.
    Nice input @Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol
    I didn’t miss it. What I did miss is him saying that facing a GL was the precise and only reason people didn’t enjoy GAC.

    Can you use your reading skills to find where he said that?

  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Your entire approach is still wrong. There is not a flat chance of each account meeting a gl, it's not a chance based event. There's no % attached to my or your account of pulling a gl. Top 80 is the deciding factor who one can possibly get matched with, you are serving top 80 as something minor while the real decisive element is randomness. The method of calculation is as bogus as the first moment you made it, it's not the numbers that's the problem. But please go on thumping your chest about it.

    Also matchmaking is not "random based on top 80". You can read back matchmaking announcement where cg says there are other factors in mm which has different weights (and the weights changed after exhibition season). This is invisible to us, leaving only top 80 as the main cap we have control/knowledge over.

    If all you wanted to say is most people at some point will probably get matched with a gl in div1 and 2...wow what a revelation.

    wow what a revelation? Now your on board?

    Yes most people will face a GL at some point over the course of 12 combats, especially if they are playing GAC (not just collecting rewards from gac). Playing is basically all it takes to win the first week against inactives then in weeks 2 and 3 and 4 when your matched against others in higher and higher leagues your more likely to see a GL. I'm glad you finally agree and we can move on.

    I made remarks about state of gac in the topic before. I don't know what you make of the obviousness of nongl players sometimes getting matched with gl players, here's how I see it:

    It's the makeup of top80 of a roster which makes them get matched with gls. Low g13/relic accounts won't be facing other gls. My guess is getting matched with gl starts around 30+ g13s and becomes a frequent thing at 40+. I'm at 56 with gl and it's very rare there's a nongl player in one of my pools. The gl owners close to lowest g13 possible have an otherwise lean makeup. As a players probability getting matched with a gl increases (=top 80 increases) so is the quality of the tools at their disposal. Given this non-gl player is also competetive they should not be resisting building counters for gls. If they know they will be stuck at the gl in the front zone of the opponent, they would also have to build a non passable front zone to have a shot at winning. It's certainly a disadvantage by the merit of it.

    But...gl vs. gl matches isn't that different either. Rey-kylo is easy, kylo cancels rey, rest is fair play. However rey vs. rey generally means both players will have iron walled front zones where the match concludes on efficiency on rest of the teams. It's specifically the emergence of rey-han-chewie combo that caused this, hyoda combos may cause the same to much lesser degree (=much more surmountable). I bet there will be more solid solutions to this combo way before we see another 3v3.

    3v3 was fun more in the past iterations. This theorycrafted combo bludgeoned that fun a bit. In all other cases gls bring a meta advantage to the owner just like any other metas that came before and isn't a -problem cg needs to offer a solution to-.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut

    Keen to pick apart everything said until it points out how pedantic you're being?

    Technically correct is worthless within the scope of most discussions. Your gripe with bobcat is incorrect. You pick at his numbers being used when it is known how he got what he was working with and everything beyond that is logical and at least mostly correct.

    Effectively, the sky is blue. That is the most correct way to talk about it in almost any facet of life. Now you've come along with a 'well, technically...' something that provides no value to the conversation being had.

    Technically correct is the least meaningful kind of correct.
    I take issue with this.

    Bobcat’s post is not mostly correct, regardless of what numbers he was working with.

    Bobcat is trying to use a probability approach to calculate how many non-GL owners have faced a GL owner, and he concludes that they all have - but his conclusion is based on a flawed assumption.

    He assumes that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows on.

    When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    1) — You say I assume that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows.

    Please don't put words in my mouth I never said everyone has exactly the same chance as everyone else. I never said the chance at facing a GL is constant value. These are claims your assuming I'm assuming in order to prove me wrong.

    Of course a players chance at fighting a GL can vary but everyone in division 1 and 2 has a chance at facing a GL because matchups are based on top 80 gp.

    A common debate tactic people use to always be correct is to paint what someone else said in poor light by taking their words out of context to make their views extremist in order to prove their point of view invalid. Here you have taken my example of me saying assume people have a 20% chance and twisted it conveniently into me saying everyone absolutely always has exactly a 20% chance. This fact twisting allows you to allegedly prove me incorrect but people who have reading comprehension skills can easily see that in reality your just proving something that you made up (that I assume every single person in division 2 has exactly the same chance at meeting a GL) to be incorrect.

    If you believe there are accounts in division 1 that will never ever be matched against a GL okay. Your allowed to have whatever belief you want. I'm simply assuming everyone has a chance at fighting a GL maybe 4% maybe 20% maybe 97% (as giraffe said it was 28 of 29 GL matches for him) my point only assumes there is a chance to face a GL.

    Again my assumption is just that there is a chance... Then I use "maths" to show how over 12 rounds whatever chance that is grows exponentially. This is indisputable but hey lots of people fail "maths" so if this is over your head don't be offended.

    2) — You also say When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    Same thing here I never said it was completely random just that it was random. Here your restating my claim again in terms of absolutes to make my claim easy to disprove. Matchmaking is random based on top 80 gp. This isn't a assumption. Thus is actually how matchmaking works.

    If I'm wrong and matchmaking isn't random based on top 80 gp.... Then what is it based on? Instead of saying im wrong why not enlighten everyone reading and tell us what is correct. How do you think matchmaking work if it isn't random based on top 80 gp?

    3) finally you state that — In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    They don't need to "draw you" in gac to fight a GL. These 2 players may never draw you but they definitely have a chance at fighting against a GL, especially if they are competitively playing GAC...

    But even if I assume the 2 accounts you mentioned won't and haven't fought against a GL that is 2 of 50 players in your guild. So 48 of 50 have fought against a GL that's 96%.

    Go back to the beginning now

    I was saying 90%/10% isn't an unreasonable ratio because 90% of people without a GL have fought against a GL. Here your proving me wrong by claiming that 4% of your guild hasn't fought a GL. GOOD JOB YOUR SHOWING HOW LOGICAL YOU ARE. If you think this proves you right then further discussion is pointless.

    The whole reason I even said anything in defense of OP was because Kyno used some poor math and Kynos unresearched data to prove OP's 90/10 ratio to be incorrect since only a small portion of players face a GL. My point was even if only a small portion have a GL the result is an exponentially larger percent of non GL owners facing a GL over a 12 round GAC.

    What was priceless was seeing the CG rah rah accounts attack me for using unsubstantiated data... Numbers picked out of thin air... Commenting before doing any research... And just making up stats for simply using Kynos 20% number.

    No one attacked Kyno the moderator for posting data Kyno just made up out of thin air to prove someone's concern invalid...

    Then several people mis state my points by adding words like "always", "exactly", "never" to my statements to make what I said extreme and muhh easier to prove incorrect since disproving an absolute is very simple.

    Watch...

    Person A — The sky is blue

    Person B — person A is wrong! Person A says the sky is always blue but the sky isn't always blue it can be white if it is cloudy or black if it is night. I just called 2 guild mates in California and they both said the sky was all white because the ash so clearly the sky isn't always blue and person A was WRONG!!!
    I think I’m going to bow out here Bobcat. This is going nowhere. I also have no desire to carry on a debate with someone who has a swipe at my reading skills, when their own post is littered with misspellings.

    On top of that, your obsession with 90% / 10% of people having faced or not faced a GL isn’t even what the OP was talking about when he/she mentioned 90% / 10%. They were talking about the proportion of people who enjoyed 3v3.

    I was talking about this post. The post is about how GL owners play 3v3 and how 90% of people in OP opinion don't like 3v3.

    OP states how GL are grossly overpowered while leads to stale combat and dislike for 3v3 in particular. I'm not sure how you missed it but it's right there on the first page.
    Nice input @Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol
    I didn’t miss it. What I did miss is him saying that facing a GL was the precise and only reason people didn’t enjoy GAC.

    Can you use your reading skills to find where he said that?

    Reading won't help... for that you need logic.

    Plus this isn't one sided just considering facing a GL... its also about having a GL. You seem confused about what OP even said.

    OP didn't say the only reason, that would be putting words into someone's mouth. OP didn't even say facing a GL OP has a GL!!! you are misrepresenting what was said by turning it into an absolute by adding only and approaching it from just one side (facing a GL). Intelligent people know absolutes can easily be disproven as I mentioned before so I won't entertain this phony word trap, but nice try to frame an easily winnable argument in absolutes.



    For how I concluded that GL contribute to the 90 / 10 ratio of people who dislike 3v3.
    I used the following logic.

    Factor 1 OP complaints about GL were:
    GL are unbalanced
    GL ruined the game
    GL are grossly overpowered
    GL equals ez win in GAC
    GL ruins Galactic challenges by making them not a challenge

    Mainly OP was complaining about GL's, their balance, and their impact on game modes.

    Factor 2 is the title of the thread which reads 3v3 makes me not want to play my fav game mode. The title implies OP fav game mode is GAC. Then OP complains mainly about GL unbalance several times in several ways specifically mentioning how GL has impacted GAC.

    Factor 1 + Factor 2 = GL is the reason OP doesn't enjoy GAC.

    I used logic for that but I'm willing to bet it's true even though OP didn't specifically say it in those words.

    I'm also pretty sure people dislike GAC for other reasons but OP was mainly discussing GL and the impact GL have on the game and thus thread is specifically about 3v3 GAC.

    When u read OP posts what was your conclusion on why OP said 90% dislike 3v3


    I would have a long winded arguement to but save everyones time ill give a TLDR;
    Delete 3s, balance for GL and all new op characters, new maps would be nice, bring stratergy rather than bully kids with our GL on the bottom zone

    Ps Galactic challanges are great, its just people auto it with GL. GL's have ruined the game. Change my mind
    Nice input @Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol
    @vincentlondon im just seeing people complaining they are auto'ing it in 10mins. Without GL they would use the rest of their roster and be having fun. But they just auto with GL, say bad rewards and have a negative impression as it didnt make them sweat. In my humble opinion 😂

    Reading those 3 posts in OP's 3v3 thread and if u still didn't conclude that GL was the reason OP didn't like GAC then I don't know what else to say.

    Why do u think OP now dislikes 3v3 if not because GL? Let's start here. What do u think was the reason?
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s ok to admit you were wrong. Admirable even, imo.

    Yet to see you show anyone as incorrect here. Just trying to prove that you are 'technically correct' against someone arguing something that is literally correct.

    Lol wut

    Keen to pick apart everything said until it points out how pedantic you're being?

    Technically correct is worthless within the scope of most discussions. Your gripe with bobcat is incorrect. You pick at his numbers being used when it is known how he got what he was working with and everything beyond that is logical and at least mostly correct.

    Effectively, the sky is blue. That is the most correct way to talk about it in almost any facet of life. Now you've come along with a 'well, technically...' something that provides no value to the conversation being had.

    Technically correct is the least meaningful kind of correct.
    I take issue with this.

    Bobcat’s post is not mostly correct, regardless of what numbers he was working with.

    Bobcat is trying to use a probability approach to calculate how many non-GL owners have faced a GL owner, and he concludes that they all have - but his conclusion is based on a flawed assumption.

    He assumes that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows on.

    When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    1) — You say I assume that every single division 1 player has exactly the same chance of meeting a GL owner. This is absolutely not true and nullifies every bit of his maths that follows.

    Please don't put words in my mouth I never said everyone has exactly the same chance as everyone else. I never said the chance at facing a GL is constant value. These are claims your assuming I'm assuming in order to prove me wrong.

    Of course a players chance at fighting a GL can vary but everyone in division 1 and 2 has a chance at facing a GL because matchups are based on top 80 gp.

    A common debate tactic people use to always be correct is to paint what someone else said in poor light by taking their words out of context to make their views extremist in order to prove their point of view invalid. Here you have taken my example of me saying assume people have a 20% chance and twisted it conveniently into me saying everyone absolutely always has exactly a 20% chance. This fact twisting allows you to allegedly prove me incorrect but people who have reading comprehension skills can easily see that in reality your just proving something that you made up (that I assume every single person in division 2 has exactly the same chance at meeting a GL) to be incorrect.

    If you believe there are accounts in division 1 that will never ever be matched against a GL okay. Your allowed to have whatever belief you want. I'm simply assuming everyone has a chance at fighting a GL maybe 4% maybe 20% maybe 97% (as giraffe said it was 28 of 29 GL matches for him) my point only assumes there is a chance to face a GL.

    Again my assumption is just that there is a chance... Then I use "maths" to show how over 12 rounds whatever chance that is grows exponentially. This is indisputable but hey lots of people fail "maths" so if this is over your head don't be offended.

    2) — You also say When 8-brackets are created within division 1 players, it is not completely random - Bobcat’s maths is based on it being completely random.

    Same thing here I never said it was completely random just that it was random. Here your restating my claim again in terms of absolutes to make my claim easy to disprove. Matchmaking is random based on top 80 gp. This isn't a assumption. Thus is actually how matchmaking works.

    If I'm wrong and matchmaking isn't random based on top 80 gp.... Then what is it based on? Instead of saying im wrong why not enlighten everyone reading and tell us what is correct. How do you think matchmaking work if it isn't random based on top 80 gp?

    3) finally you state that — In my guild there are some division 1 people who have matchmaking GP much smaller than my own. They will never draw me in GAC, and indeed two of them has never faced a GL in GAC.

    They don't need to "draw you" in gac to fight a GL. These 2 players may never draw you but they definitely have a chance at fighting against a GL, especially if they are competitively playing GAC...

    But even if I assume the 2 accounts you mentioned won't and haven't fought against a GL that is 2 of 50 players in your guild. So 48 of 50 have fought against a GL that's 96%.

    Go back to the beginning now

    I was saying 90%/10% isn't an unreasonable ratio because 90% of people without a GL have fought against a GL. Here your proving me wrong by claiming that 4% of your guild hasn't fought a GL. GOOD JOB YOUR SHOWING HOW LOGICAL YOU ARE. If you think this proves you right then further discussion is pointless.

    The whole reason I even said anything in defense of OP was because Kyno used some poor math and Kynos unresearched data to prove OP's 90/10 ratio to be incorrect since only a small portion of players face a GL. My point was even if only a small portion have a GL the result is an exponentially larger percent of non GL owners facing a GL over a 12 round GAC.

    What was priceless was seeing the CG rah rah accounts attack me for using unsubstantiated data... Numbers picked out of thin air... Commenting before doing any research... And just making up stats for simply using Kynos 20% number.

    No one attacked Kyno the moderator for posting data Kyno just made up out of thin air to prove someone's concern invalid...

    Then several people mis state my points by adding words like "always", "exactly", "never" to my statements to make what I said extreme and muhh easier to prove incorrect since disproving an absolute is very simple.

    Watch...

    Person A — The sky is blue

    Person B — person A is wrong! Person A says the sky is always blue but the sky isn't always blue it can be white if it is cloudy or black if it is night. I just called 2 guild mates in California and they both said the sky was all white because the ash so clearly the sky isn't always blue and person A was WRONG!!!
    I think I’m going to bow out here Bobcat. This is going nowhere. I also have no desire to carry on a debate with someone who has a swipe at my reading skills, when their own post is littered with misspellings.

    On top of that, your obsession with 90% / 10% of people having faced or not faced a GL isn’t even what the OP was talking about when he/she mentioned 90% / 10%. They were talking about the proportion of people who enjoyed 3v3.

    I was talking about this post. The post is about how GL owners play 3v3 and how 90% of people in OP opinion don't like 3v3.

    OP states how GL are grossly overpowered while leads to stale combat and dislike for 3v3 in particular. I'm not sure how you missed it but it's right there on the first page.
    Nice input @Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol
    I didn’t miss it. What I did miss is him saying that facing a GL was the precise and only reason people didn’t enjoy GAC.

    Can you use your reading skills to find where he said that?

    Reading won't help... for that you need logic.

    Plus this isn't one sided just considering facing a GL... its also about having a GL. You seem confused about what OP even said.

    OP didn't say the only reason, that would be putting words into someone's mouth. OP didn't even say facing a GL OP has a GL!!! you are misrepresenting what was said by turning it into an absolute by adding only and approaching it from just one side (facing a GL). Intelligent people know absolutes can easily be disproven as I mentioned before so I won't entertain this phony word trap, but nice try to frame an easily winnable argument in absolutes.



    For how I concluded that GL contribute to the 90 / 10 ratio of people who dislike 3v3.
    I used the following logic.

    Factor 1 OP complaints about GL were:
    GL are unbalanced
    GL ruined the game
    GL are grossly overpowered
    GL equals ez win in GAC
    GL ruins Galactic challenges by making them not a challenge

    Mainly OP was complaining about GL's, their balance, and their impact on game modes.

    Factor 2 is the title of the thread which reads 3v3 makes me not want to play my fav game mode. The title implies OP fav game mode is GAC. Then OP complains mainly about GL unbalance several times in several ways specifically mentioning how GL has impacted GAC.

    Factor 1 + Factor 2 = GL is the reason OP doesn't enjoy GAC.

    I used logic for that but I'm willing to bet it's true even though OP didn't specifically say it in those words.

    I'm also pretty sure people dislike GAC for other reasons but OP was mainly discussing GL and the impact GL have on the game and thus thread is specifically about 3v3 GAC.

    When u read OP posts what was your conclusion on why OP said 90% dislike 3v3


    I would have a long winded arguement to but save everyones time ill give a TLDR;
    Delete 3s, balance for GL and all new op characters, new maps would be nice, bring stratergy rather than bully kids with our GL on the bottom zone

    Ps Galactic challanges are great, its just people auto it with GL. GL's have ruined the game. Change my mind
    Nice input @Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol
    @vincentlondon im just seeing people complaining they are auto'ing it in 10mins. Without GL they would use the rest of their roster and be having fun. But they just auto with GL, say bad rewards and have a negative impression as it didnt make them sweat. In my humble opinion 😂

    Reading those 3 posts in OP's 3v3 thread and if u still didn't conclude that GL was the reason OP didn't like GAC then I don't know what else to say.

    Why do u think OP now dislikes 3v3 if not because GL? Let's start here. What do u think was the reason?
    Again, you’re missing the key details.

    GLs might be the reason the OP dislikes 3v3 GAC, but he claims (with absolutely no evidence) that 90% of people dislike 3v3 GAC.

    You’ve concluded that

    a) he is correct in this baseless assumption

    And

    b) that the rest of those that dislike it also dislike it for the same reason as him.

    You keep talking about logic. But for your posts, you’re jumping to conclusions.
  • GL's have ruined the game. Change my mind

    I started playing for 1st place in Arena around Dark malak, then gas, now GLs.

    From my (limited) experience in the matter, high level Arena is more fun with GL.
    Before gl, it was 5 similar fights everyday against the same team (1 change for malak: sometimes soldier, sometimes marauder). Now, there is more diversity. 2 meta toons and a few changes now and them in the top 20 teams. Not a sea of diverse teams to fight against, but still better.

    Did i change your mind at least on this point ?
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    GL's have ruined the game. Change my mind

    I started playing for 1st place in Arena around Dark malak, then gas, now GLs.

    From my (limited) experience in the matter, high level Arena is more fun with GL.
    Before gl, it was 5 similar fights everyday against the same team (1 change for malak: sometimes soldier, sometimes marauder). Now, there is more diversity. 2 meta toons and a few changes now and them in the top 20 teams. Not a sea of diverse teams to fight against, but still better.

    Did i change your mind at least on this point ?

    this. If you look at the meta history, we actually have the most diversity in the top than we've had in a while because of exactly what you've mentioned. Two leaders who can take you to the top with a variety of compositions.
Sign In or Register to comment.