When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    Wow this argument is still raging, don't alot of free to play people have both right now ? I could have got both as free to play but I chose to get ready for jkl instead.

?? Luke is much easier to farm than the GLs.

And?

I was close on Kylo when they dropped Luke so I diverted resources there. Which means I have to build them back up.
    It’s all about your starting point. From a standing start, JKL maybe is easier to farm for, but virtually nobody was starting from scratch.

There were fewer toons required for JKL, of course, and at least 3 of them were toons that many users would have had highly geared anyway. But most users would have had 4-5 of the required toons for either GL well geared beforehand.

And @Gamorrean I’m sure all the people who had bypassed Hoda and / or Wampa would have something to say about JKL being an easier farm.

• Darthpippa wrote: »
    Wow this argument is still raging, don't alot of free to play people have both right now ? I could have got both as free to play but I chose to get ready for jkl instead.

Only a very select few FTP will have both. The majority of FTP still have neither.

Well that will depend on how long they have been playing of course. I'm a 4 yr in ftp and would have had both Kylo and rey if i had not diverted resource to prepare for luke. Having got those tools ready im back on the trail of rey to add to Kylo. I would presume that most ftp of similar age to to me would be in the same position. But if I had tried and gone all out I would have had both by now im sure.
  • Darthpippa wrote: »

Yes, Rey hasn't been buffed to the point she deserves.

And?

I was close on Kylo when they dropped Luke so I diverted resources there. Which means I have to build them back up.
    It’s all about your starting point. From a standing start, JKL maybe is easier to farm for, but virtually nobody was starting from scratch.

There were fewer toons required for JKL, of course, and at least 3 of them were toons that many users would have had highly geared anyway. But most users would have had 4-5 of the required toons for either GL well geared beforehand.

And @Gamorrean I’m sure all the people who had bypassed Hoda and / or Wampa would have something to say about JKL being an easier farm.

I still believe it’s easier.

And?

That’s not what I meant by that.
    He said he could have gotten both GLs but chose to get ready for JKL instead..
    The requirements and time effort for getting both GLs is much longer than JKL.

• Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-report/
    and.,. meta shifts.
    36% top1 and top10 meta report easch
    with overall 1500 Rey more unlocks then Kylo.
    That means percentage of Kylo taking top1 and even top10 is much higher.
    So if anyone wants to argue still that Rey dominates smth, there are tons of rey in top and Rey takes top-1 easily - here you go.
    A bit slower of course, I thought Kylo gonna have 38% rigth now, but probably it's due to massive sell of accounts. So, I say, in one month there are gonna be 38-40% of Kylo with FO.

I... I don’t even know what you’re trying to say. You need to retake some Middle School English bro.
    Thnx for quoting my post
    I tried to say exactly this statistic (and it's nearly 1 month later):
    https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-report/
    As you can see, despite the fact that there are 1000 more Rey then Kylo (still - coz ppl can't change her) - Kylo dominates Rey in every aspect of the game. And it's simple Kylo + FO and not every other meta character + Rey
    P.S. ah, language problems... you can help me fixing my post if you carry so much
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

And?

I still believe it’s easier.

You believe what you like. For some people, the resources required to get to a GL might be less than to get to JKL.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm not understanding the complaints.
    Because the complaints aren't about arena. Look at your two middle screen shots - those are the teams used to beat SLKR. Now imagine it's TW or GAC. How many offensive teams had to be sacrificed to form those teams? That might be why you're not understanding. It's not about arena.

I don't know why people keep saying this. It's just not true.

Ofc the titan team is best (mainly actually for mirrors and defense), but I literally just threw the rh bros with holdo and og finn before posting this and dismantled the kylos in rank 3 and 4 back to back without issue.

Maybe your mods suck or you just don't fully understand the fight , but she certainly doesn't have any issues with kylo.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Because the complaints aren't about arena. Look at your two middle screen shots - those are the teams used to beat SLKR. Now imagine it's TW or GAC. How many offensive teams had to be sacrificed to form those teams? That might be why you're not understanding. It's not about arena.

Ofc the titan team is best (mainly actually for mirrors and defense), but I literally just threw the rh bros with holdo and og finn before posting this and dismantled the kylos in rank 3 and 4 back to back without issue.

Maybe your mods suck or you just don't fully understand the fight , but she certainly doesn't have any issues with kylo.

I was referencing specific teams that someone else had proposed as counters in that quote.

I can beat SLKR with all Resistance teams too. One that even includes Rose. But that doesnt work against every Kylo team. And saying she "doesn't have any issues with Kylo" is overstating it for most people.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I just hope less people get Rey bc of this thread
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Spharynx01 wrote: »
    When?

a year from now when we have 6 GLs and they need to shake things up.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I was referencing specific teams that someone else had proposed as counters in that quote.

I can beat SLKR with all Resistance teams too. One that even includes Rose. But that doesnt work against every Kylo team. And saying she "doesn't have any issues with Kylo" is overstating it for most people.

What comp is giving you issue?

I only see a few different variations in my shard. Mostly full first order, one with thrawn. The two i fought the other night was one with single tank and one double tank. Both fights went pretty much the same.

I also stand by my statement above. People here make it seem she's trash compared to kylo in pvp... i just don't find that at all. I hold well on defence (no worse than the kylos, probably even better with titan team), and i murder kylo on offense.

In gac and tw rey is just as critical as kylo on offense or defense.

To a new player I'd say go for kylo but ONLY because of the sith raid advantage. There is no pvp advantage there imo.... and to buff her? ****, she's already broken.
  • CosmicJ wrote: »

What comp is giving you issue?

I only see a few different variations in my shard. Mostly full first order, one with thrawn. The two i fought the other night was one with single tank and one double tank. Both fights went pretty much the same.

I also stand by my statement above. People here make it seem she's trash compared to kylo in pvp... i just don't find that at all. I hold well on defence (no worse than the kylos, probably even better with titan team), and i murder kylo on offense.

In gac and tw rey is just as critical as kylo on offense or defense.

To a new player I'd say go for kylo but ONLY because of the sith raid advantage. There is no pvp advantage there imo.... and to buff her? ****, she's already broken.

If you're running full res against thrawn, you're pretty much done if he fractures Rey. It's not a problem if you're not using full res though, agreed on that.

To a new player i say it depends on your Guild. If you're a group of friends, could be better if all members go for Rey first. You only compete against each other in sith raid, but you compete against the hardest challenge in the game in BT light.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    So SLKR can’t be fractured.

Malak can’t be fractured. (Just tried to fracture him in TW, nothing happened).

“Galactic Legend” Rey CAN be fractured.

Really, CG?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Really, CG?

Why can't they be fractured?

if i had to guess on your malak attempt, it would be corrupted battle meditation
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Really, CG?

provide a video
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Slaveen wrote: »

Really, CG?

Impressive, 1/3rd of your statement was true.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Slaveen wrote: »

Really, CG?
    The only way you can't fracture someone is when you are attacking a DR lead team and you are inflicted with CBM from BSF.

Reading kits is still a real challenge apparently.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    3latmkngterw.png
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • The only way you can't fracture someone is when you are attacking a DR lead team and you are inflicted with CBM from BSF.

I believe you also can't Fracture either GL while they are in their ultimate stance. But that applies to both of them, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    When?

So, 2 GL each half of the year, or 4 GL next time around. Thnx for spoiler
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    When?

GLs will double each year. Start hoarding for 8 new ones in 2022.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    When?

ahahahaha, Kyno really spoiled today's news

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    When?

ahahahaha, Kyno really spoiled today's news

Even I didnt expect new ones this soon.
  • CG’s answer to Rey complaints:
    “Here you go, two new GLs”