Waqui wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    PVE. Places we can use Han. And remember, this affects everyone at every level. So even though some of these events are very easy to beat for end game users. Not all users are end game.

Assault battles
    Galactic challenges - all of them
    Smugglers run
    Omega battles
    Every heroic and mythic level that doesn’t require a specific team
    Daily challenges.
    Galactic war
    Light and dark side battles
    Cantina battles
    Mod battles and challenges
    Raids.

That’s several places. How many of those have enemy toons that get secret bonus turns?

So of this list the only ones effected by this that I can see, meaning they have bonus turns at the start of a wave, and you can use Han:

Possibly one assault battle
    GCs (for all but 1, it's a choice)

I don't believe anything else on that list is affected.

And obviously smugglers run.
    What about lstb or Hoth?

Yeah, obviously. Sorry I missed that one.

Nope those shouldn't have any issues

Also rebels kind of stink in LSGeo

Rey + Bros + Chewie + Han is a 4/4 easy mode due to the Poe zeta interaction with Chewie AoE. And being able to stun any sniper droid at the start, or wipe out a B2 first turn is a huge part of that.

LS Geo TB, Han should shoot first, so no issue there.

His kit indicates he should everywhere though

technically speaking, no it doesn't. the title of the ability may lead you to believe that, but his kit is in the description, not the title.

You would think it was, wouldn't you? However, one important part of Thrawn's TM swap (the target is guaranteed to take the next turn) was never in the description. It was in in some release notes when his kit was changed, but never in the ability description.

True, and they did preserve that design intent in this mechanic too. They call the edge cases what they are, to future proof too. So I'm sure things will get crazy as time moves on.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    PVE. Places we can use Han. And remember, this affects everyone at every level. So even though some of these events are very easy to beat for end game users. Not all users are end game.

Assault battles
    Smugglers run
    Omega battles
    Daily challenges.
    Galactic war
    Cantina battles
    Raids.

That’s several places. How many of those have enemy toons that get secret bonus turns?

So of this list the only ones effected by this that I can see, meaning they have bonus turns at the start of a wave, and you can use Han:

What about lstb or Hoth?

Rey + Bros + Chewie + Han is a 4/4 easy mode due to the Poe zeta interaction with Chewie AoE. And being able to stun any sniper droid at the start, or wipe out a B2 first turn is a huge part of that.

technically speaking, no it doesn't. the title of the ability may lead you to believe that, but his kit is in the description, not the title.

feel free to report instances where he doesn't as a bug, and i'm sure they will review it. with this new TM system in place, I'm guessing they can make it happen, but I dont think they will go through and do it without some insistence by the community. currently there are some places where he may not, and even in those I dont believe it will consistently be one way or the other, its following the rules of the new system.

Kyno, I don’t care what Han’s kit says, that’s not a defense in this case. The point is that Crumb FLAT OUT SAID Han should ALWAYS shoot first, and Han is no longer guaranteed to shoot first “as he should.”

If the devs say “as he should,” then Han sure as heck should shoot first.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Assault battles
    Smugglers run
    Omega battles
    Daily challenges.
    Galactic war
    Cantina battles
    Raids.

What about lstb or Hoth?

feel free to report instances where he doesn't as a bug, and i'm sure they will review it. with this new TM system in place, I'm guessing they can make it happen, but I dont think they will go through and do it without some insistence by the community. currently there are some places where he may not, and even in those I dont believe it will consistently be one way or the other, its following the rules of the new system.

Kyno, I don’t care what Han’s kit says, that’s not a defense in this case. The point is that Crumb FLAT OUT SAID Han should ALWAYS shoot first, and Han is no longer guaranteed to shoot first “as he should.”

Its also how its worked for a while now
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Assault battles
    Smugglers run
    Omega battles
    Daily challenges.
    Galactic war
    Cantina battles
    Raids.

What about lstb or Hoth?

Ok. So, either the devs are lying about how Han “should always shoot first as he should,” or the TM rework has ruined Han’s mechanic. It is a detrimental change, the first shot stun can make or break a battle. It’s incredibly tiresome reading about how “nah everything is as is should be” when the developers are quoted in a dev post saying it should work the other way.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

Assault battles
    Smugglers run
    Omega battles
    Daily challenges.
    Galactic war
    Cantina battles
    Raids.

What about lstb or Hoth?

Ok. So, either the devs are lying about how Han “should always shoot first as he should,” or the TM rework has ruined Han’s mechanic. It is a detrimental change, the first shot stun can make or break a battle. It’s incredibly tiresome reading about how “nah everything is as is should be” when the developers are quoted in a dev post saying it should work the other way.

lol

that's too melodramatic

Yes, the devs said Han should always shoot first with respect to Wat (PvP?)

PvE Events are always different and I'm sure they'll either fix this if its not working as intended

As far as the event goes, its not that difficult that it make or breaks a battle, and if it is that vital at your gear, just add some speed to Raid Han and your problem is solved
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Melodrama is the fuel the forums run on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Assault battles
    Smugglers run
    Omega battles
    Daily challenges.
    Galactic war
    Cantina battles
    Raids.

What about lstb or Hoth?

I was agreeing with you btw