Phoenix team transition

2Next

Replies

• trustme707 wrote: »
    On my alt account, I switched to empire from Phoenix as soon as I had ep and thrawn unlocked and geared to about gear 7 or so. And some still at g6. My Phoenix wasn't much higher since 5 star can be done with g6 or so.

St that point, I didn't have dark Bastilla farmable so I went with tfp and tarkin since they are good for ships early anyway. I'm going to switch dark Bastilla in shortly once her gear is high enough that she doesn't die instantly.

Vader is also periodically in the fleet store.

I disagree with some of the above posts about the guild store. Early on, you will be still farming here and ezra from cantina so in addition to gear and exclusive ewoks and danger, I also recommend picking up farm boy Luke or old Ben shards when you see them.

They are easy cantina farms but early game, your cantina nodes are busy finishing Phoenix to get thrawn and palp. And if you get in a guild doing good raids you get a lot of currency. Getting farm boy Luke and old ben from the guild store sets you up for cls much sooner than if you wait to farm them from cantina. And there are plenty of other cantina farms that you can move on to if you already have the cls req. (Mission, t3, geo brood alpha, vets just to name a few)

Waiting to farm old ben and luke from cantina nodes forces you to put off either cls or jkr. I prefer to get both of those fairly quickly.

Thank you! But if you stop farming Phoenix at 5* then you can't get Plap and Thrawn furhter?

I'm still farming them. Just not using them in arena. Just got here to 7 stars yesterday.

What gear lvl is enough for Phoenix squad to beat Thrawn? Also, at which level it is possible? 80+ or 75+ may be?
  • trustme707
    17 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Vader lead is one of the strongest teams at endgame....
    So building a Palp lead team is a very solid team!

Step 1
    EP, Vader, Thrawn, TFP, Tarkin —> Tarkin, TFP and Vader will all help with fleet.
    Step 2
    Farm Bastila Shan (Fallen) —> BSF, she boosts any Sith lead significantly
    Step 3 (optional)
    Farm Shoretrooper when you unlock the node. Not essential, but at endgame Relic Shoretrooper with defence mods is nigh on unkillable and a core part of the Vader lead team.
    Step 4 (Not optional)
    Get in a guild that’s doing HSTR so you can pick up Traya shards.....

zzzVader, Traya, Thrawn, BSF and Shoretrooper is obviously a long way off (3 zetas on Vader....) but that’s a team that can kill GL Rey....
    Well before then EP lead with one zeta (his leadership) will keep you competitive.

p.s. From Guild Store there’s only 3 characters to consider farming
    • Starck - if your guild is doing Hoth TB.....
    • Dengar - Makes BHs much better and really helps unlock Legendary Chewie
    • Logray - makes unlocking C3PO much less painful

Don’t do the rest.....

I'm at lvl 60 now and I already see opponents with 5* or even 6* Vader. How is it possible? How do you 7 start Vader actually? Just by completing the quests?

Also, Bastilla is 5 attemps per day farm, right? So it's a loooong way
    Vader lead is one of the strongest teams at endgame....
    So building a Palp lead team is a very solid team!

Step 1
    EP, Vader, Thrawn, TFP, Tarkin —> Tarkin, TFP and Vader will all help with fleet.
    Step 2
    Farm Bastila Shan (Fallen) —> BSF, she boosts any Sith lead significantly
    Step 3 (optional)
    Farm Shoretrooper when you unlock the node. Not essential, but at endgame Relic Shoretrooper with defence mods is nigh on unkillable and a core part of the Vader lead team.
    Step 4 (Not optional)
    Get in a guild that’s doing HSTR so you can pick up Traya shards.....

zzzVader, Traya, Thrawn, BSF and Shoretrooper is obviously a long way off (3 zetas on Vader....) but that’s a team that can kill GL Rey....
    Well before then EP lead with one zeta (his leadership) will keep you competitive.

p.s. From Guild Store there’s only 3 characters to consider farming
    • Starck - if your guild is doing Hoth TB.....
    • Dengar - Makes BHs much better and really helps unlock Legendary Chewie
    • Logray - makes unlocking C3PO much less painful

Don’t do the rest.....

I'm at lvl 60 now and I already see opponents with 5* or even 6* Vader. How is it possible? How do you 7 start Vader actually? Just by completing the quests?

Also, Bastilla is 5 attemps per day farm, right? So it's a loooong way

Vader is possible from the fleet store. If you keep some extra currency around, you'll be able to get him there. Same with his ship. Bastilla is available on two node. A dark side and a fleet.
    trustme707 wrote: »
    On my alt account, I switched to empire from Phoenix as soon as I had ep and thrawn unlocked and geared to about gear 7 or so. And some still at g6. My Phoenix wasn't much higher since 5 star can be done with g6 or so.

St that point, I didn't have dark Bastilla farmable so I went with tfp and tarkin since they are good for ships early anyway. I'm going to switch dark Bastilla in shortly once her gear is high enough that she doesn't die instantly.

I disagree with some of the above posts about the guild store. Early on, you will be still farming here and ezra from cantina so in addition to gear and exclusive ewoks and danger, I also recommend picking up farm boy Luke or old Ben shards when you see them.

They are easy cantina farms but early game, your cantina nodes are busy finishing Phoenix to get thrawn and palp. And if you get in a guild doing good raids you get a lot of currency. Getting farm boy Luke and old ben from the guild store sets you up for cls much sooner than if you wait to farm them from cantina. And there are plenty of other cantina farms that you can move on to if you already have the cls req. (Mission, t3, geo brood alpha, vets just to name a few)

Waiting to farm old ben and luke from cantina nodes forces you to put off either cls or jkr. I prefer to get both of those fairly quickly.

Thank you! But if you stop farming Phoenix at 5* then you can't get Plap and Thrawn furhter?

I'm still farming them. Just not using them in arena. Just got here to 7 stars yesterday.

What gear lvl is enough for Phoenix squad to beat Thrawn? Also, at which level it is possible? 80+ or 75+ may be?

So, the good news is, you don't have to wait any more for the event to come back around. But resources can be scarce right so you'd rather not level up any character more than necessary. So, there's no reason you can't try at every level you bring them up. You may start to get the feeling like you can win under the right rng circumstances with where you are in the game so you can start to use your gut as a check. There's not a real downside to bringing your pheonix to max lvl, in the long term. Again, it's just the credits.
  • I will just add, because there's been tons and tonnes of where's Logray? threads. Save enough currency to always be able to buy him, should he show his unfarmable face. Only spot to get, and you will find you want.
    Skip gear from this store until you've finished the characters.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
    trustme707 wrote: »

To get the 5 star only like g6 or so and lvl 60 should be plenty. The 6th and 7th star are a bit harder but it can be done with with g8 and some g7 and high 70s if you put good mods on them and get good rng. I'll probably take ezra to g9 or g10 to make it less rng dependent. You can always use him in a jkr team later on until you get gk up, so he's more useful than the rest.
  • BB6
    19 posts Member
    I transitioned to Empire (Palpatine(L), Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, TFP) from Phoenix when I started to stall in Squad Arena anywhere between Rank 200-300. Once I got Emperor Palpatine and Thrawn at 7* and distributed some omegas on all of them, I was able to rocket up pretty fast and now I'm constantly hovering between 110 and 150. My shard is full of Bastila lead teams. Some of them I can best, some of them I can't (the ones with Bastila/Yoda Gear 12+ and zetas).

I'm currently working on unlocking 7* JKR (I only have the last tier to beat once I get Mission/Zalbaar/T3 to 7*) and trying to decide whether I should transition to a JKR team or stick with Empire. I'm saving my zetas because I'm torn between giving them to Vader (Merciless Masacre) or waiting to level up JKR and giving my zetas to him. Decisions, decisions....

Anyway, all that to say Empire, especially when you give them good mod, is a great team to transition to. They're lethal for me with the turn meter gains and damage. If I get the jump on squads, look out. I'll pulverise them. Also, if you want to make further use of them in arena as you progress you can gradually switch to a (I believe it's called) Nightmare team. Others can verify for me but I think you sub out TFP and Tarkin for Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion. I'm considering that too.
  • BB6
    19 posts Member
    By the way OP, I don't want to hijack your thread but I figured asking here might be better than starting a new thread. Hope you don't mind (this could be helpful and applicable for you anyway)...

What do you guys think? Should I give put my zetas and collection of ability mats I've hoarded on Vader's merciless massacre to make my current arena team that much better OR continue saving them and give them to JKR? On one hand JKR makes sense because I'm inevitably going to be using him as lead for a Jedi arena team but on the other hand that's still so far away and MM is one of the best zetas in the game.

I'm leaning towards just giving Vader the zetas and starting fresh collecting them for whenever I get 7* JKR.
  • BB6 wrote: »
    By the way OP, I don't want to hijack your thread but I figured asking here might be better than starting a new thread. Hope you don't mind (this could be helpful and applicable for you anyway)...

What do you guys think? Should I give put my zetas and collection of ability mats I've hoarded on Vader's merciless massacre to make my current arena team that much better OR continue saving them and give them to JKR? On one hand JKR makes sense because I'm inevitably going to be using him as lead for a Jedi arena team but on the other hand that's still so far away and MM is one of the best zetas in the game.

I'm leaning towards just giving Vader the zetas and starting fresh collecting them for whenever I get 7* JKR.

I would. Having a strong Vader with MM will help you in arena which will increase your crystal intake, which will speed up farming. If you have multiple zetas, I like palps lead better for pvp. Vaders is great in pit raid and p2 of tank raid.