CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited August 2020
[Developer Insight - Kit Reveal]
85x8bp95szpf.jpg

UNIT NAME: Admiral Piett
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Support, Leader, Empire, Imperial Trooper
An ambitious Imperial Officer who supports his allies while plotting their demise

ABILITIES:

Basic: Intensified Firepower

4284xqzj68xs.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call another random Empire ally to assist. Allies with Inevitable Failure are called to assist.

Special 1: Imperial Ambition (Cooldown 4)

dwiah60a3ue6.gif

FINAL TEXT: All allies gain Offense Up for 2 turns and Admiral Piett gains Stealth for 2 turns. Inflict Marked for 2 turns and 3 stacks of Inevitable Failure on target other Empire ally until end of battle or that ally is defeated, and remove Inevitable Failure from all other allies. These debuffs can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.

Inevitable Failure: Gain 1 stack when using an ability or receiving damage from an enemy; when defeated, grant Admiral Piett the following bonuses based on the defeated unit's stats until the end of battle.
  • 1 Stack: 5% Max Health (stacking)
  • 10 Stacks: 20% Max Health and Max Protection (stacking)
  • 15 Stacks: 50% Max Health, Max Protection and Offense (stacking)
  • 20 Stacks (Max): 100% Max Health and Max Protection, 300% Offense and 25% Speed (stacking)

Special 2: (ZETA) Suborbital Strike (Cooldown 5)

beugng4tftmn.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs on Light Side enemies. Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Daze for 2 turns. Allies with Inevitable Failure gain 2 stacks. If this attack defeats an enemy, inflict Fear on all enemies for 1 turn and allies with Inevitable Failure gain 5 stacks. This Fear can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.

Leader: Zealous Commander

FINAL TEXT: Empire allies have +30% Offense and Potency. Light Side enemies have -30% Tenacity and -15 Speed. When an ally with Inevitable Failure critically hits an enemy, they gain 1 stack of Inevitable Failure and Defense Up for 2 turns.

Unique 1: (ZETA) The Emperor's Trap

FINAL TEXT: Admiral Piett has +60% counter chance. Piett gains 5% Turn Meter whenever another Empire ally takes damage.

Whenever an Empire ally begins a turn or attacks out of turn, all Empire allies gain a stack of The Emperor's Trap until the start of the next enemy turn, non-Empire ally's turn, or the end of battle. The Emperor's Trap can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

If Darth Vader is an ally: Darth Vader and Admiral Piett have +20% Accuracy, Potency, and Tenacity.

The Emperor's Trap: +6% Offense and Potency per stack

Replies

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    AhnaldT101 stole this comment and claimed it as his own!
  • Faster than Ultra
  • NOOOOOOOOOOooooo
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Kit is definitely unique and I definitely like the synergy with Vader. I already know where my next zetas are going. I have been waiting for this a long time.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Brownie wrote: »
    Faster than Ultra

ctkg6tby2rw4.png
  • This looks quite good. Excellent tm engine. Unfortunately...that means another speedset probably
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Pair Piett's unique with Vader under a Palp lead. Absolute madness will ensue.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Pair Piett's unique with Vader under a Palp lead. Absolute madness will ensue.

And I am perfectly okay with this.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    This kit is sooooooooooooooo good
  • I am really excited for this character! I only have 1 minor gripe about his basic ability...7utfmlhgbpss.jpg
  • Embo46
    7 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    This will make a fine addition to my collection
  • Cool kit, they could've released him a bit earlier since he's now a requirement for a galactic legend
  • I like how his zeta is him hitting a dab basically lol.
  • If his s2 kills someone, is it upgraded to 5 stacks of UF or is it 2+5? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Look forward to check him with vader. :)
  • Always liked Piett, he was my favorite Imperial Officer.
  • ndwilson wrote: »
    I am really excited for this character! I only have 1 minor gripe about his basic ability...7utfmlhgbpss.jpg

Petition to change his basic's name! :D:D
  • Will Darth Vader gain one stack of Emperor's Trap every extra turn he takes while Merciless?
  • Has nobody else noticed the ridiculous synergy with veers’ leader omega?
  • pxfsicu38tvb.jpg

Bwahahahahahaha
    My time is coming.
  • Has nobody else noticed the ridiculous synergy with veers’ leader omega?

Explain? .
    Veers omega gives empire allies 30% offence . Only imp troopers gain the TM on gaining buffs .
    you can drop an imp trooper for him but that's not worth it as imps have uses ,but this toon would be underutilized there I think
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Has nobody else noticed the ridiculous synergy with veers’ leader omega?

Explain? .
    Veers omega gives empire allies 30% offence . Only imp troopers gain the TM on gaining buffs .
    you can drop an imp trooper for him but that's not worth it as imps have uses ,but this toon would be underutilized there I think

I think it depends if Emperor’s Trap (or Inevitible Failure) count as Buffs. It doesn’t say, but if Trap does that’s a huge amount of TM gain available for Troopers.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »

Explain? .

I think it depends if Emperor’s Trap (or Inevitible Failure) count as Buffs. It doesn’t say, but if Trap does that’s a huge amount of TM gain available for Troopers.

That’s what I was referring to. If you look at pietts character description up top it calls Emperor’s trap a buff. That’s basically 10+ turn meter for the whole imp troop team every time one takes a turn
  • Now, hear me out. Gar Saxon lead, Imperial Super Commando, Stormtrooper, Piett, and whoever you want as the fifth empire character (I was thinking Shoretrooper, if you add shoretrooper you can mark him instead of stormtrooper if you want, Magmatrooper, Rangetrooper, or Vader). Imperial Ambition, on Stormtrooper since he can soak up damage and inflict expose whenever he misses or doesn’t critically hit since he’ll have a lot of chances to counter and also be called to assist Piett when he uses his basic ability if stormtrooper has inevitable failure, and out of turn attacks up the wazoo from the whole team for lots of stacks of The Emperor’s Trap to help stack Imperial Super Commando’s offense like crazy.
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    Now, hear me out. Gar Saxon lead, Imperial Super Commando, Stormtrooper, Piett, and whoever you want as the fifth empire character (I was thinking Shoretrooper, if you add shoretrooper you can mark him instead of stormtrooper if you want, Magmatrooper, Rangetrooper, or Vader). Imperial Ambition, on Stormtrooper since he can soak up damage and inflict expose whenever he misses or doesn’t critically hit since he’ll have a lot of chances to counter and also be called to assist Piett when he uses his basic ability if stormtrooper has inevitable failure, and out of turn attacks up the wazoo from the whole team for lots of stacks of The Emperor’s Trap to help stack Imperial Super Commando’s offense like crazy.

I certainly see what you’re getting at but I don’t think the stormtrooper really works that well with those guys. Plus the whole strat could be easily shut down with daze, shock, or stun. Definitely an interesting combo and try it if you like but idk
    Now, hear me out. Gar Saxon lead, Imperial Super Commando, Stormtrooper, Piett, and whoever you want as the fifth empire character (I was thinking Shoretrooper, if you add shoretrooper you can mark him instead of stormtrooper if you want, Magmatrooper, Rangetrooper, or Vader). Imperial Ambition, on Stormtrooper since he can soak up damage and inflict expose whenever he misses or doesn’t critically hit since he’ll have a lot of chances to counter and also be called to assist Piett when he uses his basic ability if stormtrooper has inevitable failure, and out of turn attacks up the wazoo from the whole team for lots of stacks of The Emperor’s Trap to help stack Imperial Super Commando’s offense like crazy.

I certainly see what you’re getting at but I don’t think the stormtrooper really works that well with those guys. Plus the whole strat could be easily shut down with daze, shock, or stun. Definitely an interesting combo and try it if you like but idk

Mostly just for fun shenanigans.

Rangetrooper gives Retribution to his allies so synergizes better with those guys IMO. I like Storm on that team. Sounds like fun.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »

Explain? .

That’s what I was referring to. If you look at pietts character description up top it calls Emperor’s trap a buff. That’s basically 10+ turn meter for the whole imp troop team every time one takes a turn

I understood the point just think he will be better utilized with Vader palps .
    Even as someone with full G12+ imps and gar I think he will improve them but might be a real important piece to Vader .

Also is the TM gain for stacking buff like HoT never really taken noticed thought it was for unique buffs .
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Explain? .

Even as someone with full G12+ imps and gar I think he will improve them but might be a real important piece to Vader .

Also is the TM gain for stacking buff like HoT never really taken noticed thought it was for unique buffs .
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Explain? .

To be honest idk. Imp troop teams don’t use stacking buffs normally. I guess I’ll just run them during the marquee event with piett and see what happens.

• @TheRealDarthJarJar

I think your theory was right .
    The TM gain is good and it looks to be enough to take imps up a rank .

He does make Vader more OP though ,Vader after MM seems good enough already .