New Galactic Legends requirements

Prev13456713
baldwinrye
3 posts Member
edited August 2020
I think it would greatly benefit the community if the devs or Kyno will confirm that SKLR and Rey WILL NOT be required to unlock the new GLs.

I understand if other characters are required and that the game needs to make money with steep requirements.

But if there is the slightest possibility that after 3 groups are released either existing GL will be required. That would be a new low.

@Kyno, Can you please help this info along.

The community deserves to know.

Replies

• botabu
    246 posts Member
    Who cares, you already need Mothma, Chewpio and yet to be released Piett at relic level 5.
  • I'm just happy with my Sith and Empire all set for new Palp. Can't wait!
  • botabu wrote: »
    Who cares, you already need Mothma, Chewpio and yet to be released Piett at relic level 5.

Those are single characters and are already known. I'm not so concerned with the speed in terms of farming those guys up.
    I'm much more worried about getting that grind going, along with with 2 other groups. Then they drop the hammer of needing another GL to unlock these GL.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Correct no GL will be required to get a GL.
  • I wouldn’t hold my breath. It makes TOO MUCH sense both financially and lore wise for them to make them needed. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled a fast one and made rey needed for palp and kylo needed for Luke.
  • ETERNAL??????????

There is only 1 eternal emperor and it is NOT PALPATINE !!!!!!!!!!!
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pile wrote: »
    are you people serious? Requiring a toon that hasn't even been released yet? Just say give us $2000 for unlock and be done.

And how dare they offer him up on an accelerated schedule. The nerve.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    The ever present apologist!
  • This game has taken too much money from me.

Requirements announced is only the "FIRST GROUP" of toons revealed. It's just... sigh... I can't. I'm too poor to play this game now.
  • Ma la mattina non vi fate schifo da soli?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    This game has taken too much money from me.

Requirements announced is only the "FIRST GROUP" of toons revealed. It's just... sigh... I can't. I'm too poor to play this game now.

Did... did you not see how they did the same thing with GL Rey/Kylo?
  • Luke and Mon Mothma in a room together briefly = R5 Mon Mothma. Cannot wait to see the remaining requirements! Surely Gamorrean Guard 🤣
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Maybe just wait for the final requirements? Maybe wait for the kits? Maybe wait for the first gameplay (with ultimates in play) from whales/krakens that unlocked them? Maybe THEN decide on which GL you want to go for?
    Ah wait I forgot, that's not the BRWF way.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I just want to know if there is going to be anything gated behind GET, like needing hermit Yoda or IPD...
  • Kyno wrote: »

Can we get that in writing from CG?
  • I still think the twist is going to be that JKL is required for both new GLs. It would only make sense.
  • OMG Piett on an accelerated schedule, how kind of them. Our very generous CG doing it to make him farmable before, absolutely not to accelerate the release of the GLs and hence the revenue.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    are you people serious? Requiring a toon that hasn't even been released yet? Just say give us $2000 for unlock and be done.

And how dare they offer him up on an accelerated schedule. The nerve.

I don’t think they did that for RH poe which means this is an improvement
  • CG once more proving that they only care about pay to win people... Jedi Luke that deserves to be a Galactic Legend, and not these “Disney’s creations”. Now Luke will become practically a inutile in arena. Gosh, I’m becoming very discouraged to play this game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Kyno that isn’t subjective to changes is it?

I don't work at CG, so anything I say is always to the best of my knowledge and could be changed, by people who's job it is to make these decisions.

Working on getting a more official statement.
  • HenriqueAA wrote: »
    CG once more proving that they only care about pay to win people... Jedi Luke that deserves to be a Galactic Legend, and not these “Disney’s creations”. Now Luke will become practically a inutile in arena. Gosh, I’m becoming very discouraged to play this game.

+1 for making me look up a vocabulary word. :)
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    If a GL would be required for something, it would be better than a GL and not at the same power like described.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Kyno can you check how many total toons will be needed? I know its going to be in there when they add them to the journey guide but would like to know a day earlier if possible
  • Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno can you check how many total toons will be needed? I know its going to be in there when they add them to the journey guide but would like to know a day earlier if possible

Ha, they dont trust me with that kind of information.

But I'll see what I can do.