New Galactic Legends requirements

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    BobbyMcWho wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

Can you confirm that JKL is/is not a requirement

They already said requirements will be told every 2 weeks but he obviously is needed

This would be silly IMO (which doesn’t mean it’s not true). That puts him behind a GET1 wall. That would turn away people willing to drop thousands on these new characters but won’t have access to do that.

They already did that with JKL - they'll add packs for Hoda and Wampa, I'm sure

And there were a lot of new players upset about it. There is a massive amount of cash coming from new shards, and CG didn’t tap into it at all with JKL solely because of the GET gate. The packs were 1 time purchase only so they weren’t enough.
  • What if Zombie Palp has a move called "Take the Throne" that's a buff and if he gets killed while that buff is enabled then the opposing team basically gets debuffed out the wazoo and it's almost impossible to win lol.
  • Wow!!!!! What is this garbage?! WE DONT WANT MORE CASH GRAB CHARACTERS!!!! Get lost CG
  • Just wait for Ben Solo and Rey Skywalker. ;-)
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Just wait for Ben Solo and Rey Skywalker. ;-)

I really want Ben Solo in this game

Now that I have had time to ruminate, he'd actually make a good GL pair with Fallen Anakin/pre-suit Vader. They both have similar amounts of screen time and would be faction opposed.

Shirtless Ben and Bikini Leia, the true GL.
  • CG: If you make Darth Sidious a requirement then BUFF HIM. Seriously.
  • Pile wrote: »
    First, GAC matchmaking with GLs has been a huge topic of conversation for the past couple of months so not sure why you would attempt to question it. Second, for those who are going to be adversely affected by the addition of these two toons....yes it is. GG continues to diminish peoples investment in this game by releasing super toons and further proving that they are unconcerned with the overall health of their game.
    I agree that GL matchmaking has been a huge topic, but the primary antagonists in those threads strike me as people who are either deliberately not working towards either SLKR or Rey and want matchmaking adjusted so they don’t have to face GLs, or people who just moan non stop.

Did you spend to get your SLKR? I spent £20 to gear Rey when I unlocked her, but nothing at all in farming her requirements and I’ve spent nothing at all in unlocking / gearing my SLKR.

Arena wasn’t fun for a couple of weeks, that I’ll accept, but GAC was fine.

Your last point about diminishing investment is exactly why I stopped spending even the meagre amount I used to spend. If spending is what keeps someone at their level, they have to accept that they will need to keep doing it. CG’s gotta CG after all.
  • On the bright side, gearing up all those rebels/imps will help us pull in great rewards in GC... oh wait.
  • I haven’t yet started on GL Rey (the nasty Resistance bros are still 3*) and I’m just three ultimate ability mats away from completing SLKR.

I’ll just focus on GAS and JKL for now and see the whales decides which one is better before I pick which one of the three to go for (although I’m tempted by the Emperor.)
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Correct no GL will be required to get a GL.

Omg today is better then Christmas
    BTW the requirements arent that horrible so far. I am not hyped, but this is less insulting then SLK and Rey were.

How can you say this?

This is the first set of requirements out of ??

Maybe we need 18 characters for each faction? As far as the requirements go, The first set is very bad for both of them compared to SLKR / Rey

You have r7 JTR in both places, and two more for Rey, and four more for Luke

Mon Mothma and Threepio are gear heavy too

Having trouble with the phrase "so far?"
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Shirtless Ben and Bikini Leia, the true GL.

Please, he's Ben Swole-o
  • I think the requirements will be bigger than we get for GL Rey or SLKR.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Supermoshe wrote: »
    Ummmmm Kyno can you confirm if jkl will be required

I can confirm I have no idea.

I can also confirm that anyone that thinks they will go for a GL from this round, that it is a good idea to wait until we have all the information before committing to literally anything.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Kyno wrote: »

I can also confirm that anyone that thinks they will go for a GL from this round, that it is a good idea to wait until we have all the information before committing to literally anything.

Id add that if you need jkl, there is overlap so hit those first if you are trying to decide between jkl or the new gl's, at least its not wasted
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Zombie Palp requirements:

5axlbydd86wu.png

Ironically I'd actually be prepared for this
    e3h1cgjloqlw.jpg

How about ships?
  • The overlap on both sides with the first two GLs is a nice gesture, as is the accelerated Piett release to a node. I think we’re definitely gonna get Snoke as part of the Emperor’s requirements too. Maybe a Force Ghost Yoda for Luke? 😂
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Zombie Palp requirements:

5axlbydd86wu.png

Ironically I'd actually be prepared for this
    e3h1cgjloqlw.jpg

How about ships?

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Remember, go for the weaker GL since he will be buffed later to be stronger!
  • Or will you?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is garbage. No meaningful content since LS GeoTB but hey let’s release two more GL’s. Nobody wanted more kraken wall toons. Take the licensing from CG. They are awful at this. No trust. No money on my end. Ever again. @CG_SBCrumb relay that you gouts are terrible at your jobs and have no idea what this community wants

You don't speak for everyone. I will spend zero money when I get JML.

And how much will you spend before that?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    Or will you?

He really didn’t:

93ywltuvu7vl.jpeg

• Kyno wrote: »

While I won't be getting any GLs, this is solid advice. In the meantime get hoarding!!
  • Really these GLs aren’t meant for the majority to unlock on day 1. The game is in a healthier spot if their are multiple upper end character events and a newer player can pursue any of them instead of playing on rails.
    That is still difficult for me (an so many of us) in the present because we have been used to getting everything right away for 5 years (the bigger gripe should really be on the previous slow drip instead of more things to reach for now)
    BobbyMcWho wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

Can you confirm that JKL is/is not a requirement

They already said requirements will be told every 2 weeks but he obviously is needed

This would be silly IMO (which doesn’t mean it’s not true). That puts him behind a GET1 wall. That would turn away people willing to drop thousands on these new characters but won’t have access to do that.

• Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is garbage. No meaningful content since LS GeoTB but hey let’s release two more GL’s. Nobody wanted more kraken wall toons. Take the licensing from CG. They are awful at this. No trust. No money on my end. Ever again. @CG_SBCrumb relay that you gouts are terrible at your jobs and have no idea what this community wants

You don't speak for everyone. I will spend zero money when I get JML.

And how much will you spend before that?

You dont need to spend anything to have both current GL.

However the issue TVF will face is without slkr he won't get top 10 hstr rewards. Which makes hoarding resources a bit slower.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited August 2020

However the issue TVF will face is without slkr he won't get top 10 hstr rewards. Which makes hoarding resources a bit slower.

Hopefully for those driving on the Light Side of the GL's road, Grumpy Luke will have a word to say in this matter.