Unable to kill Jolee first round

Prev1
https://youtu.be/12_kcX7gf7w

Am I missing some mechanic I’m in aware of? I know Savior kicks in, but you can clearly see Jolee’s H/P go down twice, and then Han does an additional 100k+ while Jolee’s in the red. I can’t find anything in the event that would cause this. This is Tier 1, btw, and my squad is all relic 3 except R2 who is relic 2 so they should be powerful enough to take down any of them in the opening salvo.

Replies

• Tested it on Bastila and Revan, does the same thing. Mission and Z don’t trigger Savior so they go down in one blast. I don’t recall Savior causing this in any other game mode, but I guess I could be wrong.
  • When Savior kicks in, they cannot be defeated for the rest of the turn. You take out their health and they heal, then you take out their health again with the follow-up attacks, but they cannot die until the next turn.
  • sb_stuartj wrote: »
    When Savior kicks in, they cannot be defeated for the rest of the turn. You take out their health and they heal, then you take out their health again with the follow-up attacks, but they cannot die until the next turn.

Huh. I guess I never noticed that. Alrighty.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    sb_stuartj wrote: »
    When Savior kicks in, they cannot be defeated for the rest of the turn. You take out their health and they heal, then you take out their health again with the follow-up attacks, but they cannot die until the next turn.

Unless your character has a kit that says cannot be revived if defeated by this character/attack
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020

Huh. I guess I never noticed that. Alrighty.

Yeah its just more apparent in this battle as you are hitting him for massive damage and you can attack a few extra times
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Savior prevents defeat for the rest of the turn after it procs

EDIT: Too slow
  • I personally can't fathom how you can beat the final tier with undermanned Rebels unless you whaled hard on TAC. Possibly MM.

I use CLS Rebels in arena, R7 everyone except C3 and could only manage to beat Tier 7 1* with 3 standing.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I personally can't fathom how you can beat the final tier with undermanned Rebels unless you whaled hard on TAC. Possibly MM.

I use CLS Rebels in arena, R7 everyone except C3 and could only manage to beat Tier 7 1* with 3 standing.
    You don't need to undersize it with Rebels though. You can do each of the feats with a different team.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I personally can't fathom how you can beat the final tier with undermanned Rebels unless you whaled hard on TAC. Possibly MM.

You don't need to undersize it with Rebels though. You can do each of the feats with a different team.

Bingo.

My rebels cant do tier 5 and up.... but i have all the other feats and 3 star on it all
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Unless your character has a kit that says cannot be revived if defeated by this character/attack

Savior isn't a revive, and doesn't count as a death. "Cannot be revived" effects don't do anything in this case. Can't remember if destroy effects get around it or not (annihilate, disintegrate, sniper droid, etc).

Edit: They do get around it. Savior didn't save Jolee when I annihilated him, but it triggered afterwards for Bastila when I brought her to zero health the normal way.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Savior isn't a revive, and doesn't count as a death. "Cannot be revived" effects don't do anything in this case. Can't remember if destroy effects get around it or not (annihilate, disintegrate, sniper droid, etc).

Are you sure because i thought i just had kylo wipe out jolee
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020

Are you sure because i thought i just had kylo wipe out jolee

Ok maybe thats the glitch. Im hitting revan so hard in tier 1 he goes to this
    8gxzlwae258w.jpg

So hes fully refilled and drained to almost dead again from one attack
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Pretty sure Annihilate does get around it because there's no damage inflicted, so they can't reach 1% health. They just cease to exist on the table. Disintegrate is the same.
  • @ShaggyB
    My rebels cant do tier 5 and up.... but i have all the other feats and 3 star on it all

Who did you use?

My GL Rey squad can't seem to get through the final tier without losing someone (though I only tried twice). And if GL Rey can't 3* it, I was wondering who could.
  • 3* everything but final tier, only 1* here. Tried every other team I have and couldn't even make a dent on the final Tier.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ShaggyB
    My GL Rey squad can't seem to get through the final tier without losing someone (though I only tried twice). And if GL Rey can't 3* it, I was wondering who could.
    GL Rey can 3* it.
  • Then I guess I'll just have to give it a couple extra tries later when I have time.
  • Anyone beat t7 with a non gl team?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Yup.
    scqxojcv9s1g.png
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Anyone beat t7 with a non gl team?
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Yup.
    scqxojcv9s1g.png

What'd you use? Thanks.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • What team? Some one in my guild did it with r7 ns.
  • GAS-501, relic Rebels both work.
  • CLS Rebels
    R7 everyone but C3.

CLS 331 SPD, 9700 dmg
    Han +112 SPD, 8800 dmg, CD set
    Chewie 10,900 dmg
    R2 +148 speed mix of all 4 number crunch stats mod primary wise.
    C3 +120 ish, 120+ % Potency, which was essentially useless. Maybe got 1-2 exposes every half dozen turns
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Looks like some people never played HSR phase 2 with jkr team lol
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    @ShaggyB

Who did you use?

Glkylo, darth revan, malak, sith trooper and Wat
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    @ShaggyB

Who did you use?

Glkylo, darth revan, malak, sith trooper and Wat

5qdd1oxwmjge.jpg
    6kgrn3gu3gnw.jpg

There you go. Give damage to kylo. Give heal to malak. Give final wat to revan

All r7 but wat who is r5
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    EAS wrote: »

Entirely possible now that slkr can just walk through it so fast
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

Yeah, you don’t need to do the undersized feats with Rebels, but this challenge’s modifiers seem to uniquely benefit Rebels compared to the previous two challenges. So it behooves you to use them at least this time.

But, yea, for future reference you can use any team for any feat other than the “Do it with 5 [faction]” feats.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • EAS
    89 posts Member

I doubt a relic 5 rebel team guy didnt play hsr phase 2 with jkr

No, i have no doubts lol
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

I doubt a relic 5 rebel team guy didnt play hsr phase 2 with jkr

No, i have no doubts lol

Perhaps he forgets because its not up long enough to play now?