Territory War Matchmaker

Replies

• Peein_Thevergee
    28 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Likewise, this is now the new normal. Our 225m guild vs their 261m guild. Our 47 players vs their (accidentally or on purpose - the effect is much the same) 40 players. 4 vs 13 GLs, 1 vs 10 Ultimate abilities... all of which I have a funny feeling will have signed up.

Although the active GPs will be in range I’m sure, their guild has significantly more high end stuff to fight with and that is what counts. Hell our number advantage is even mitigated by the fact that their 40/50 dictates the number of squads in defence.

Like you guys, my guild that I’ve put years of work into building and sustaining have been massive TW enthusiasts for a long time. How am I supposed to get them up for yet another mismatch where we’re full cleared inside 3 hours? How are we supposed to keep people in the game if one of the core game modes is so very broken, when we can all see the relatively simple piece of code that would fix it??

Does anyone know here how we can get a proper channel into CG for this? I’m not often on these forums so I’m not sure how it goes down. But this is becoming very serious for us.

@CG_SBCrumb I’m not sure if I’m screaming into the abyss here but I need to do something. This is by a mile the thing most likely to drive me and the others in my guild out of the game.
    Post edited by Peein_Thevergee on
  • We're not really sure what to do here lol. We're roughly 220 and going up against a 270m gp right now. We have 49 members registered, not sure about them. 4 Gl's vs 16 of theirs. Literally outmatched on every single squad. Thanks Guys!
  • ToLive
    105 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Matchmaker became more and more abused. 22-23 squads per zone became a new normal. This is a real problem and I don't understand why CG do nothing about this.
    Post edited by ToLive on
  • oqewappx4216.png
    Direwolves 255 million vs Quebec Force Sith 291 million. They cleared us in 2 hours and we cannot get past one wall. I honestly think $WHOH is feeding smaller alliances to bigger ones to keep bigger alliances happy and full. The match making is absolutely brutal. How the hell are these guys even in the same neighborhood? You guys should restart this event and match us with something more even. It’s absolutely crap.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    oqewappx4216.png
    Direwolves 255 million vs Quebec Force Sith 291 million. They cleared us in 2 hours and we cannot get past one wall. I honestly think $WHOH is feeding smaller alliances to bigger ones to keep bigger alliances happy and full. The match making is absolutely brutal. How the hell are these guys even in the same neighborhood? You guys should restart this event and match us with something more even. It’s absolutely crap.

@DoubleDown
    They didnt have a full guild, that puts the active GP of each guild in the same range.
  • Our 2 Rey V their 10 & our 5 SLKR V their 14, not forgetting the squads needed to get all those GL
    They put 7 GL in each of the front zones
    We’re trying to restore an 80% win rate (so we’re not quitters) but some things are just obviously a waste of time
    This is just one more example of a mismatch
  • Natetiffer
    290 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Latest tw.
    Them 166m
    Us 118m
    They have 28 Join
    We have 41 join
    kaptci2q34r9.png

A complete roll over, but we won. How is it a fair match when the score ratio 2:1

Last tw
    Them 138m
    Us 117m
    They had 42
    We had 47
    We were absolutely hammered
    Post edited by Natetiffer on
    This is the Way
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    We're finding the results are pretty much known from the stats.
    More GLs = win.
    Proven that way for our last 7 or 8 TWs
    Gone both ways, and we've won most, but always been the guild with the higher number of GLs.
    GLs are so broken.
  • Our current TW is a good example of why matchmaking needs to factor for more data than just active GP. If DSR can find the stats, there's really no excuse for the game engine to ignore them. Usually something around a 5% margin of difference in guild quality is accepable for a fair arena of competition; this particulat matchup is however frankly absurd.

x1c5n6kmnbn5.jpg
    gakkbyarfdm1.jpg
    7oi7we4b6lf9.jpg

Even though this is a similar sized guild and not specifically a larger guild sandbagging it still underlines that the core issue is the matchmaking daemon ignoring the quality of the GP being used.
  • Here is our latest ridiculous match up....it’s getting a little beyond a joke.

10 OCT 20
    Fulcrum Alliance - 228GP
    Broken Legion II - 282GP
    Fulcrum joined - 44
    Broken Legion joined - unknown...but it doesn’t really matter when you look at the avg numbers below or the fact the they have a huge number of GLs!.

knf17l3y27y1.jpeg
    0oxnkwg2ccvd.png

• Do you know if there is a actual (21 oct 2020) problem with the TB matchmaking? My guild (Dupond & Dupont) is set to fight II ANZGC II, We have 150mgp av. 2.5 and they have 330mgp av. 6.5 ? This is insane. What is the point of that?
  • Do you know if there is a actual (21 oct 2020) problem with the TB matchmaking? My guild (Dupond & Dupont) is set to fight II ANZGC II, We have 150mgp av. 2.5 and they have 330mgp av. 6.5 ? This is insane. What is the point of that?

Are you sure you have the correct one. There is a whole bunch of ll ANZGC ll guilds out there.

It's more likely you're fighting this one: https://swgoh.gg/g/9032/ii-anzgc-li/

Still a GP difference but it's a lot closer (but can be a different one as well). Once you see the opponent names you can search those and find the correct guild but I'm guessing here it's just a case of mistaken identity because all guild in their alliance have similar names.
  • I haven't seen very bad matchmaking for a long time. Of course there have been cases where opponents number of meta teams have been greater or we outnumbered opponents meta teams. There have been cases when by looking numbers given by bots (gp, zeta, mod, meta teams etc) I have been sure that we are going to lose. But NO... over year win pure wins. Some hard, some easy. We are playing at 180M level..

Btw. if you have ever played MSF and participated to alliance war, you will immediately stop complaining about swgoh TW matchmaking. We have faced alliances with 2-3 times larger in power and also 1-2 player alliances ...: D
  • No issues with your matchmaking system huh? More often than not this is what we get. Takes the fun out of knowing we are going to get crushed before we start. EVERY. ****. TW. IS. LIKE. THIS.

bbswb5q3zitc.png
    Band of the Red Hand -- Join us today!
    https://swgoh.gg/g/40880/vand-of-the-red-hand/
    https://discord.gg/yCxwhTv
    Message kraz#7481
  • tdtwiggy
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    Close this thread. No use complaining if no one is listening on the other side

Agreed. They couldn't care less. This has gone on for a long time and if they were going to do anything about it they would have done so already. They don't care about you having fun, only your money. The more frustrated you are the more money you will spend. If we stopped spending money citing this as the reason they would take notice and change this **** algorithm.
    Band of the Red Hand -- Join us today!
    https://swgoh.gg/g/40880/vand-of-the-red-hand/
    https://discord.gg/yCxwhTv
    Message kraz#7481
  • Kyno wrote: »
    oqewappx4216.png

@DoubleDown
    They didnt have a full guild, that puts the active GP of each guild in the same range.

Been away a while and just now seeing your comment Kyno. That is possibly the worst response I’ve seen in quite some time man.
  • Once again and again and again we were outmatched in TW by 5/6-1 on GL’s and they were 18 million stronger, that’s 4 of our rosters and now add in GL’s. When will this problem ever be fixed?
    ni87bgudmc6v.png
    Honestly seems like you are feeding us to the p2p players so they can leach rewards.
  • Once again and again and again we were outmatched in TW by 5/6-1 on GL’s and they were 18 million stronger, that’s 4 of our rosters and now add in GL’s. When will this problem ever be fixed?
    ni87bgudmc6v.png
    Honestly seems like you are feeding us to the p2p players so they can leach rewards.
    They won’t be 18 million stronger. As Kyno pointed out in “the worst response” they have gone in with fewer players.

And before you label my reply as some kind of atrocity, I agree with you. They need to fix it so the number of people signed up is also considered in the matchmaking.
  • qjcmwm88caau.png
    • Date of TW: 10/25-10/27 2020
    • Your Guild’s GP: 254,563,930
    • Opposing team’s GP: 302,737,153
    • # of my guild members who joined: 49
    • # of opposing guild members who joined: 41-42

The discrepancy in our roster depth is really something to behold. This guild has 48m GP on us, and we have an edge in literally no category:

54pwxcoyn99v.jpeg

Just in case anyone thinks this is a fluke, this guild apparently ALWAYS tanks like this. The cat is out of the bag, as it were.

m7ta2j867dvj.png

Honestly, the data should be pretty obvious at this point, guys. Most of the losses my guild suffers are to punch-downs like this, although this is the most egregious one in a while.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    oqewappx4216.png

@DoubleDown

Because the matchmaking algorithm is bad. Comparable guild-wide GP doesn't matter, because a sandbagging guild is trimming millions of wasted GP in b and c tier teams that aren't utilized anymore, and replacing them with more A-tier, whale-only teams that then steam roll their outclassed opponents.
  • 21/11/2020 TW

They join 43 or 44 ( deliberately to have easy TW vs low level guild? Who knows) We 48.

Guild vs guild:

wdsq8bjmb0v2.jpeg

Opponent have more than 1000 G13 than us, 6000+ relic levels and much more GL. Maybe because they join 4 less than us only have 500+ g13 and 3000+ relic levels.

As a protest against this very unfair matchmarking that it is happening in the last 3 TW and because the possibilities to win are 0%, we have decided to put only one only very bad team per player in defense:
    - All in attack to have some fun vs his GL and top teams
    - Opponent will not have fun, no top teams to win, no GL to beat, no fights means no fun.

If all guilds with very unfair matchmarking like this one does the same... maybe CG will do something to fix it.

• 3lv1s
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Date of TW: 06/12/ 2020
    Your Guild’s GP 234M
    Opposing team’s GP: 284
    # of my guild members who joined: 48/50
    # of opposing guild members who joined:40/50

2ywv2exee83v.jpg

i'm speechless
  • Do people actually play out these matchups? I can't in good conscience tell my guild to waste their time; I just make sure everyone sets one trash team and then tell them to take the 2 days off.
  • Something is really really broken with your x0rq18dvj69q.png
  • Kurdva
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    10 ultimate Galactic legends vs 36? Ya they just set em in front and we are blocked. Your matchmaking is broken like a glass under a sledgehammer.
  • Kurdva wrote: »
    10 ultimate Galactic legends vs 36? Ya they just set em in front and we are blocked. Your matchmaking is broken like a glass under a sledgehammer.

Try 8 vs. 61. They won't make a change, I'm sure of it.