New Galactic Legends requirements

Replies

• Ah....but there is no behind.
    If you have been plugging away at this game at your speed for 5 years and are not at the forefront then your rate of growth has been slower than the growth rate at the front. Without increasing your rate of growth it is unreasonable to expect to catch up - unless the game were shutting down and no new content was incoming- then we could all “catch up” within a year or two...but catch up to who? And for what purpose? Yes, throwing money at the game is one way to increase that rate, and I appreciate everyone who makes that choice.
    For most of us...we have new content and new directions we can go in. The game has never been more off rails. The investment required for prerequisites should further distance accounts with GLs and without.
    If you like your progress every week/month/year then keep on plugging and for the most part- pick a GL and work away and you should have some viability in most game modes.

Xlor1 wrote: »
    As a day 1 player and ftp I've never felt so far behind. I'm 45 shards short of raddus for gl rey, none of the requirements from the 13 for gl kylo achieved as yet, decent empire and sith except for the 2 sith ships which I haven't even touched so they're stuck at 0/30. It's the first time that quitting this game has entered my head. The requirements for gls are too much.

• People that make this game do not have a clue ! I’m going to play strike force now .. where they actually listen to the people that pay their bills .. If it wasn’t for fan base this game doesn’t exist .. and they just keep putting out content players don’t want ...
    Bon fortuna
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Devian wrote: »
    baldwinrye wrote: »
    I think it would greatly benefit the community if the devs or Kyno will confirm that SKLR and Rey WILL NOT be required to unlock the new GLs.
    You wish
    Eternal Emperor fought both Kylo and Rey and he su(ked midihlorians of them both. So... just prepare for the worst.

Think of the most horrible Situation, like JMluke gonna require GL Rey + Hluke + HJ Leia + some of the roster on GL Kylo and Pal gonna require GL Rey + GL Kylo + 2 legendary Imperials
    + some new toons
    this way you won't be 'surprised'

Crumb confirmed no GLs required.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is garbage. No meaningful content since LS GeoTB but hey let’s release two more GL’s. Nobody wanted more kraken wall toons. Take the licensing from CG. They are awful at this. No trust. No money on my end. Ever again. @CG_SBCrumb relay that you gouts are terrible at your jobs and have no idea what this community wants

You don't speak for everyone. I will spend zero money when I get JML.

And how much will you spend before that?

You dont need to spend anything to have both current GL.

However the issue TVF will face is without slkr he won't get top 10 hstr rewards. Which makes hoarding resources a bit slower.

There are ways around this, including

dropping to a lower guild

mercing

farming g12+ gear from fleet

buying g12+ gear with crystals, get2, and/or shard shop currency.

While I agree that these are all viable "work-arounds" for players (and, full disclosure, I have engaged in each of the 4 you mention at times), people shouldn't have to leave their guilds to work around poor game design.

I agree no one should have to leave a guild and I've never done so for raid rewards myself. It is an option though, however poor of an option it is.

I started mercing recently due to not having SLKR and while I can't do quite as many raids as in my home guild, it helps.

I farmed a lot of gear from fleet before mando and greef dropped, since i had finished my farms on fleet. With 3x50 refresh and a 20% drop rate, i could get on average 13 pieces a day, or a full piece every 4 days.

When I need to fill a hole I do it with shard shop currency, it's pricey for g12+ but I have plenty of the lower gear (especially guild currency buys like cuffs and carbs) so it goes a long way if I spend smartly.

It's all doable. I have no SLKR, I'm currently spending no money (haven't since the hyperdrive bundle) and I should have all gear requirements ready when they drop the event.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    G12+ in fleet has terrible drop rates. I usually see between 18-20% on those and when you need 600+ of the mark twelve furnaces....that’s a lot of energy and node rolls.

600+ furnaces for what? Full info is not yet announced but I'm going for JML and I have almost 1000 saved up by doing a combination of things I mentioned (other than leaving my guild, of course that's not optimal for most people).

• avihas wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

How about JKL? will he be needed?

Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!
    Then go for Palp

That may be true if one assume that JL will be a requirement for JML and not Eternal Palpatine..
    While I agree that this is the more reasonable assumtion, JL is no less reasonable to be in Eternal Palpatin requirement than Krenic for example.
    Furthermore- let's say JL will be as one GL requirement, what will the other GL requirement be to balance it?...

It was the same with Rey, although at a non-relic level. You need 2 Legendary characters, jtr+bb8 to unlock Rey, and you only need palp for kylo.
    If you're a 'new' player, it's probably easier to go for kylo. However, if you're a seasoned player, One more Legendary needed means one less character you have to farm up to 7*, because you already have the shards (and probably have her geared up a bit).

Same here: if jkl is needed for Luke, it's good for high level players who were farming the requirements anyway, or already have him relic'd. If not... Maybe it's best to go for palp then.
  • I kinda hope some rebel fighters are on the list for old Luke. Gearing mon mothma without any fighter to tag along would bench her for a looong time, res pilot style.
  • At least SLKR had only one toon that needed pre-finisher Kyros on the way to unlocking the event.

GL Rey had both Handbag Boys. JML already has TAC and MM (who needs more than the RH's did) in set #1. SEE doesn't yet, but we don't know what Piett will require.
  • TVF wrote: »
    G12+ in fleet has terrible drop rates. I usually see between 18-20% on those and when you need 600+ of the mark twelve furnaces....that’s a lot of energy and node rolls.

600+ furnaces for what? Full info is not yet announced but I'm going for JML and I have almost 1000 saved up by doing a combination of things I mentioned (other than leaving my guild, of course that's not optimal for most people).

To take toons from G12 to G13....look at the reqs for SLKR. His required toons need 600 of those pieces. Which again, at a 20% drop rate you’re looking at about 3,000 rolls of that one node. That’s just for the furnaces. But yeah it’s viable...

Honestly these GL’s wouldn’t be that bad if they actually made meaningful improvements with the gear crunch. Start the the GC’s and make them not so heavy gear gated if at all. Add more gear that’s in dire need to get toons to G12 and even the old G12 gear itself.
    Increase drop rates on ship nodes to about 30%.
    Rework the sith raid structure.

Easy as can be. But of course it won’t happen because CG does whatever they want regardless of what the community asks
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited August 2020

To take toons from G12 to G13....look at the reqs for SLKR. His required toons need 600 of those pieces.

Well it could be more, could be less, depending on the rest of the revealed requirements. Which is why I have 1000, and I did it without spending money. I did it by the other things I recommended, and just picking one (fleet farm) and saying that's the only way to get 600 is a poor argument. You need to do more. Good news is that you can do more.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

Can you CONFIRM that this statement is NOT “subject to change”?
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    BobbyMcWho wrote: »

Can you confirm that JKL is/is not a requirement

They already said requirements will be told every 2 weeks but he obviously is needed

This would be silly IMO (which doesn’t mean it’s not true). That puts him behind a GET1 wall. That would turn away people willing to drop thousands on these new characters but won’t have access to do that.

They already did that with JKL - they'll add packs for Hoda and Wampa, I'm sure

And there were a lot of new players upset about it. There is a massive amount of cash coming from new shards, and CG didn’t tap into it at all with JKL solely because of the GET gate. The packs were 1 time purchase only so they weren’t enough.

They can make those “legacy” shards farmable by another means.

To take toons from G12 to G13....look at the reqs for SLKR. His required toons need 600 of those pieces.

Well it could be more, could be less, depending on the rest of the revealed requirements. Which is why I have 1000, and I did it without spending money. I did it by the other things I recommended, and just picking one (fleet farm) and saying that's the only way to get 600 is a poor argument. You need to do more. Good news is that you can do more.

And like i said, GET2 yes but the amount is finite and not feasible for those needing any of the capital ships from there. It becomes a non option if you drop to a lower guild as well as the income will drop.

The raid is not feasible because depending on your guild, if you finish outside top 10 you get trash rewards and the g12+ pieces are random so no guarantees.

Either way they need to do more to ease the gear crunch with this new trend of hard relic requirements. This is getting ridiculous.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

And like i said, GET2 yes but the amount is finite and not feasible for those needing any of the capital ships from there. It becomes a non option if you drop to a lower guild as well as the income will drop.

The raid is not feasible because depending on your guild, if you finish outside top 10 you get trash rewards and the g12+ pieces are random so no guarantees.

You're ignoring fleet farms, which I showed you can do a full 50 salvage from in 4 days. You're ignoring mercing, which can be a guaranteed top 10 once a week. You're ignoring shard shop currency. You're ignoring the fact that you can finish outside the top 10 and still get 15-20 salvage.

But ok.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

You're ignoring fleet farms, which I showed you can do a full 50 salvage from in 4 days. You're ignoring mercing, which can be a guaranteed top 10 once a week. You're ignoring shard shop currency. You're ignoring the fact that you can finish outside the top 10 and still get 15-20 salvage.

But ok.

Mercing requires one to leave ones guild for a lesser guild. Perhaps they dont want to go through all that

But ok.

Mercing is not always a feasible option. You’re ignoring that it shouldn’t be necessary if CG did their jobs and balanced the reward structure.

You’re ignoring that there are other G12 pieces needed from fleet farms and you can’t focus only on that. You’re also ignoring the low drop rates which you yourself have said are on average 20%. So that’s 250 rolls of that single node for 50 salvage pieces. At 10 energy for 2500 total energy. You get 240 daily plus an extra 45 from the freebie per day for 295. Thats 2095 energy. Add in a couple refreshes and you get your 50 salavage so on that you’re right. Now to farm the other types of necessary G12 gear as well since outside of top 10 in HSTR you don’t get more than 2 or 3 of those pieces with zero chance at a full craft.

You’re also ignoring the fact that GET is limited and becomes even more limited based on guild level. Same goes for shard currency.

The bottom line is CG has continually failed to provide proper gear crunch relief while making the reqs for Events and new toons greater. They need to stop the constant power creep expansion and start to let others in their game catch up. At this point in the game a toon shouldn’t be gated at G8. G12 should be the norm as anything below that is relatively useless, aside from a couple exceptions like Mando or Nihilus.

If you don’t think that they need to ease the gear crunch then you really don’t have any credibility as it’s clear you’re in a fantasy world.
  • Farriot wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    are you people serious? Requiring a toon that hasn't even been released yet? Just say give us $2000 for unlock and be done.

And how dare they offer him up on an accelerated schedule. The nerve.

I don’t think they did that for RH poe which means this is an improvement

Kyno was being sarcastic here....
  • With patience and persistence, you can unlock anything. Eventually. Unless the game dies and then it won’t matter.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

But ok.

Mercing requires one to leave ones guild for a lesser guild. Perhaps they dont want to go through all that

That's their choice then.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

Any chance to clarify on this very vague statement?
    Do you mean they will be around same GP or that the intent is that these new GLs can be beaten almost as easily by previous GLs as the new GLs can beat the previous set?
    Ie. should we not expect a complete meta overhaul?

• Morgoth01 wrote: »
    These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

Any chance to clarify on this very vague statement?
    Do you mean they will be around same GP or that the intent is that these new GLs can be beaten almost as easily by previous GLs as the new GLs can beat the previous set?
    Ie. should we not expect a complete meta overhaul?

Yep that was exactly what i was gonna ask as well.
    Same power level : to me it only means the same GP so around 50k gp

But it doesnt mean anything about how good is a toon with his abilities.

Best example is ugnaught and FOX. Same max GP same number of abilities. One is trash one is good

• Starslayer wrote: »
    I kinda hope some rebel fighters are on the list for old Luke. Gearing mon mothma without any fighter to tag along would bench her for a looong time, res pilot style.

If JKLuke is required, then you will have at least lando as rebel fighter...
  • I would expect that JKL is required for both new GLs
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    Devian wrote: »
    baldwinrye wrote: »
    I think it would greatly benefit the community if the devs or Kyno will confirm that SKLR and Rey WILL NOT be required to unlock the new GLs.
    You wish
    Eternal Emperor fought both Kylo and Rey and he su(ked midihlorians of them both. So... just prepare for the worst.

Think of the most horrible Situation, like JMluke gonna require GL Rey + Hluke + HJ Leia + some of the roster on GL Kylo and Pal gonna require GL Rey + GL Kylo + 2 legendary Imperials
    + some new toons
    this way you won't be 'surprised'

Crumb confirmed no GLs required.
    then it's at least relieving for this new 2.
    Hope he'll post smth similar before next ones come.
  • Also dropping down to a lower guild could mean less tickets generated for the raids. A lot of casual guilds seem to lose members who are frustrated at the slow progress.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Also dropping down to a lower guild could mean less tickets generated for the raids. A lot of casual guilds seem to lose members who are frustrated at the slow progress.

A causal guild would benefit if anything, since they would be gaining a player. The guild losing a player would already have at least ten people with SLKR.

Again, I never said this was a great option. It's still an option.
  • Good point, TVF.

Anyway...

There’s one thing I have to wonder: what would be the main faction that you have to use in the actual event?

I doubt that we will be using the Empire or rebels as they don’t exist in the new GLs’ time. So it’s sort of bad news for those who didn’t go for GL Rey or SLKR... if they use the Resistance/FO faction which would be more likely.