They think Aayla Secura wasn't a Jedi General?

2Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Cweneldic wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Double post, but can they even get quotes correct? Considering he repeats it endlessly at one point, you'd think they could name the feat properly:

The Force is With Me and I am With the Force

"I am one with the Force. The Force is with me."

"The Force is with me,
    And I am one with the Force;
    And I fear nothing,
    Because all is as the Force wills it."
    ―The Guardian's Mantra, from Collected Poems, Prayers, and Meditations on the Force

Guardians of the Whills Chirrut Îmwe and Baze Malbus, who were killed while helping to steal the plans to the Death Star during the Battle of Scarif, both spoke the Mantra in their final moments.

maybe they're not naming the feat based on Chirrut's statement but the Guardian's Mantra which both of them spoke before they died?

@Vendi1983 , this was spoken in the movie, FYI.
  • @Kyno that's great, but even if that whole quote as written by @Cweneldic is correct, their feat is still improperly titled/worded.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Kyno that's great, but even if that whole quote as written by Cweneldic is correct, their feat is still improperly titled/worded.

Yes they missed a word, but you said they didnt say it in the movie, and they did.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Cweneldic so they take the quote, still incorrect mind you, from some obscure extra literature not from the movie itself?

Interesting excuse.

captions, 1:53:07 1:53:12, 1:53:16, 1:55:10 timestamps in the movie is where baze speaks it. as kyno mentioned, they did indeed miss a word but not everything is going to be 100% as stated in movies/books.
    chirrut never said it this way at least in the movie, but as they drew from the movies and novelization it could be he did in the novelization. i unfortunately don't own the novelization to check.