New Galactic Legends requirements

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Good point, TVF.

Anyway...

There’s one thing I have to wonder: what would be the main faction that you have to use in the actual event?

I doubt that we will be using the Empire or rebels as they don’t exist in the new GLs’ time. So it’s sort of bad news for those who didn’t go for GL Rey or SLKR... if they use the Resistance/FO faction which would be more likely.

Sith/Jedi? Palp is supposedly the pinnacle of sithness (actual execution aside) and Luke is the last vestige of the original Jedi order, before whatever they come up with for Rey.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

Any chance to clarify on this very vague statement?
    Do you mean they will be around same GP or that the intent is that these new GLs can be beaten almost as easily by previous GLs as the new GLs can beat the previous set?
    Ie. should we not expect a complete meta overhaul?

It seems the intent at this time is to have 4 GLs that would all make up teams that can win against each other.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Do you mean they will be around same GP or that the intent is that these new GLs can be beaten almost as easily by previous GLs as the new GLs can beat the previous set?

It seems the intent at this time is to have 4 GLs that would all make up teams that can win against each other.

Are you just speculating like any of us could based on that one statement or is this based on something additional?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They eventually get to their "Rock, Paper, Scissors" meta they spoke of ages ago. We all didn't realize how gear-ridiculous it would be at the time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Are you just speculating like any of us could based on that one statement or is this based on something additional?

Based on the statements we see and the general intent that has been discussed.

Also to add, making their statement based on the GP of a character is completely out of left field and is nothing they have ever stated. It's people looking for a reason to IDK, but it doesnt make any sense.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Good point, TVF.

Anyway...

There’s one thing I have to wonder: what would be the main faction that you have to use in the actual event?

I doubt that we will be using the Empire or rebels as they don’t exist in the new GLs’ time. So it’s sort of bad news for those who didn’t go for GL Rey or SLKR... if they use the Resistance/FO faction which would be more likely.

Sith/Jedi? Palp is supposedly the pinnacle of sithness (actual execution aside) and Luke is the last vestige of the original Jedi order, before whatever they come up with for Rey.

I would be surprised if either of the new GLs have the Jedi/Sith faction (especially that GL Rey doesn't have it.)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Good point, TVF.

Anyway...

I would be surprised if either of the new GLs have the Jedi/Sith faction (especially that GL Rey doesn't have it.)

Really?

That wouldn't be surprising at all.
  • Has everyone forgot about GAS? Imo it will be JKL for JML and GAS for the new Palp
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Also to add, making their statement based on the GP of a character is completely out of left field and is nothing they have ever stated. It's people looking for a reason to IDK, but it doesnt make any sense.

I would be very surprised if the new GL aren't able to dominate the top of the meta. It would not provide the ROI that people expect for their investments.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I would be very surprised if the new GL aren't able to dominate the top of the meta. It would not provide the ROI that people expect for their investments.

???

If you buy the same car in 2 different colors (which cost the same) you wouldnt expect to get the same performance and ROI from each of then?
    This is end game stuff here, players with no GL will have a tough time competing in things, players with 1 have some areas they can compete in easier, then players with 2 and 3 and then 4, it gets easier and more options and more game modes where you can/are performing better.

This is much deeper than a simple meta change, at this point. They seem to have a different theory behind them right now.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

???

If you buy the same car in 2 different colors (which cost the same) you wouldnt expect to get the same performance and ROI from each of then?
    This is end game stuff here, players with no GL will have a tough time competing in things, players with 1 have some areas they can compete in easier, then players with 2 and 3 and then 4, it gets easier and more options and more game modes where you can/are performing better.

This is much deeper than a simple meta change, at this point. They seem to have a different theory behind them right now.

I always expect the newest thing to dominate. Heavy spenders already have both GL, if these new ones are only on equal footing, why would they spend for them too?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

???

I always expect the newest thing to dominate. Heavy spenders already have both GL, if these new ones are only on equal footing, why would they spend for them too?

Expectation=/=reality

Players that have disposable income and see a value, dont need to abide by someone elses feelings or concerns about what they spend thier money on, or when they spend it.

Also GAC/TW/LSGeo.
  • @kyno idk why everyone complains about the bar being raised, the game would be dead if they didn't raise the requirements. I decided not to farm the past GL's and then came a hint (ESB) guess who farmed the **** out of empire ^
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kyno idk why everyone complains about the bar being raised, the game would be dead if they didn't raise the requirements. I decided not to farm the past GL's and then came a hint (ESB) guess who farmed the **** out of empire ^

Seems like that may work out for you. Yes, it's all about choices, some players will choose to get the new GLs or not.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

???

Expectation=/=reality

When was the last time the newest thing at the top of the power structure failed to dominate?

Leave out toons like JKL (Hero) and Padme (Legendary) which were released at a time when a higher level (GL and EC respectively) already existed.

I'm not telling anyone how/why to spend, and sure I don't know every spender's motivation. It just seems to me that CG would be taking an awful big risk to release new GLs that are merely on par with the previous ones, just like every other similar release they've done.

• TVF wrote: »

???

Expectation=/=reality

When was the last time the newest thing at the top of the power structure failed to dominate?

Leave out toons like JKL (Hero) and Padme (Legendary) which were released at a time when a higher level (GL and EC respectively) already existed.

I'm not telling anyone how/why to spend, and sure I don't know every spender's motivation. It just seems to me that CG would be taking an awful big risk to release new GLs that are merely on par with the previous ones, just like every other similar release they've done.

You forgot to mention all the new ships (raddus, finalizer, y-wing, tie-bomber) that dominate fleet arena now. 😉

To be fair, those were all marquees/cap ship equivalent of marquee.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

???

Expectation=/=reality

DR, until malak.

They are telling us upfront they will be at similar power levels. I get that people will take that with a grain of salt, but it is what it is.

I didnt say you were, but you asked why, and answer is simple, they want to, or they don't.

I also think there are many in the game that will spend because of who these GLs are. Giving players options to spend to get something they want, Luke or Palp or Rey or Kylo, is not really a big risk, some will choose or not to do so. Allowing the natural competitive nature to come though is going to motivate people, similar to the panic farm.

Comparing these toons to previous metas doesnt fit either, due to the long timeframe to get to "100%". Ultimates and farming take long time with these, and that can only be compressed so much.

each one you get makes things "easier", and as you approach the top of GAC and TW, they get more "required".
  • TVF wrote: »

???

Expectation=/=reality

Is that assumption squad arena based? For TW, 2 GLs would be better than 1 and for GAC, 3 better than 2 and 4 bett...you get the point.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

remember when they said all characters won’t need to be relic’d...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Rafini wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

You mean when they said "subject to change", yes, many of us remember the whole messaging around the event at that time, not just select parts.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

They changed the minimum requirements needed on some character(s?) but not the characters needed for the events
  • Why not release full GL requirements at once? (Expect maybe marquee yet to be released characters/ships)
    Planning would be easy no?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    _Nobody_ wrote: »
    Why not release full GL requirements at once? (Expect maybe marquee yet to be released characters/ships)
    Planning would be easy no?

Since they are GLs, they become fully available once they launch. This is a way to start the launch when maybe everything is not 100% sure or finished. They have roughly 6 weeks to finish up while rolling it out this way.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Piewalker wrote: »

???

Expectation=/=reality

Is that assumption squad arena based?

Yes.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

You mean when they said "subject to change", yes, many of us remember the whole messaging around the event at that time, not just select parts.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223511/content-update-01-29-2020#latest

Please help me find the "subject to change" part.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223511/content-update-01-29-2020#latest

Please read what I said, "the messaging around the whole event". They stated in a few posts that things are subject to change. you are correct they didnt' state it in that one. my bad.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Please read what I said, "the messaging around the whole event". They stated in a few posts that things are subject to change. you are correct they didnt' state it in that one. my bad.

Well, I can only find they said "subject to change" was when they were talking about the GL's kits and ability to manipulate mastery
    Thanks for reading and please keep in mind that these details are subject to change as these characters are still in development.
    They even said THESE details, meaning those in that post...which say nothing about requirements.

They did not state that the requirements were subject to change when they announced them, but changed them anyway, so the "subject to change" argument holds no weight in regards to requirements.

Bottom line is that CG does what CG wants...regardless of what they have said in the past.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Iy4oy4s
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223464/galactic-legends-event-format

This post is basically about the requirements and how they will be rolled out and says subject to change.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    @Iy4oy4s
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223464/galactic-legends-event-format

This post is basically about the requirements and how they will be rolled out and says subject to change.

Ok, Ill give you that one ( I could argue that they still didn't say it in the requirements post, but I won't), but my statement still stands true: "Bottom line is that CG does what CG wants...regardless of what they have said in the past."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s

Ok, Ill give you that one ( I could argue that they still didn't say it in the requirements post, but I won't), but my statement still stands true: "Bottom line is that CG does what CG wants...regardless of what they have said in the past."

Yeah they do, but there have been times where we were warned to some extent. No I'm not saying that makes it right, just not as much of a surprise as some some make it out to be.