New Galactic Legends requirements

Replies

• Solus_Imperius
    232 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Just a discussion on Character Requirements for Palpatine even though they'll come out faster than last time.
    Paywalls exist in gear or shard form

We Have:
    Vader- Apprentice, Heir, OT
    Krennic- Death Star Director, RO
    Emperor Palpatine- OT
    Piett- OT, Special Orders in RotJ, Paywall
    Imperial Guard- PT, OT, RO, personal guard, Paywall

Likely Candidates:
    Maul- Apprentice, PT
    Dooku- Apprentice, PT, Separatist Leader
    Savage- TCW, Victim to Sidious, Paywall
    Darth Sidious- PT, Paywall
    Thrawn- Rebels, only high ranking nonhuman Imperial officer
    Wilhuff Tarkin- OT, personal "friend" of Emperor and the only officer Vader isn't allowed to kill

Less Likely Candidates:
    Sith Assassin- Technically All Eras, Paywall
    Sith Marauder- Technically All Eras, Paywall
    Sith Trooper- ST, Kylo Character Recycle(Like JTR)
    JKLS- Responsible for Palpz defeat in 6, shiny new character
    Maximilian Veers- Instrumental in Hoth, OT, Imperial Officer
    Shoretrooper- RO, Paywall

Least Likely Candidates-
    Qui Gon Jinn- PT, could've beaten Palpatine, Paywall
    JKAS- double dip on the Apprentice theme for Anakin, PT, Apprentice
    GMY- probably a Luke character but still Possible, PT

Confirmed as not Needed:
    Rey
    Supreme Leader Kylo Ren
    Jedi Master Luke Skywalker

Possible Ships-
    Tie Bomber- Shiny and New
    Emperor's Shuttle- A "convenient" farm given the two characters already required
    The Accuser or The Executor (Episode 6)- Nice New Paywall option

Edit: No mods, I don't consent to you auto moving this post into this thread.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Supermoshe wrote: »
    Ummmmm Kyno can you confirm if jkl will be required

I can confirm I have no idea.

I can also confirm that anyone that thinks they will go for a GL from this round, that it is a good idea to wait until we have all the information before committing to literally anything.

Out of curiosity how did you know that no other GL’s would be required, but have no ‘idea’ on Luke?

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lrrr wrote: »

I can also confirm that anyone that thinks they will go for a GL from this round, that it is a good idea to wait until we have all the information before committing to literally anything.

Out of curiosity how did you know that no other GL’s would be required, but have no ‘idea’ on Luke?

Crumb confirmed no GL needed. No statement on JKL.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lrrr wrote: »

Some things, I know. Some things, I cant say. Other things I just dont know. It's all quite simple.

I asked crumb about that one, he confirmed.(and then posted it to give it some authority)
  • I hope soon there will be a GL which will require R7 Ugnaught and R7 Clone Wars Chewie with his zeta
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    c59zmcxbd926.png

Crumb i can't believe you don't even have C3PO unlocked
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    c59zmcxbd926.png

Didnt even bother to play the marquees either...shame.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    c59zmcxbd926.png

Didnt even bother to play the marquees either...shame.

Probably optimizing for GAC
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

Any chance to clarify on this very vague statement?
    Do you mean they will be around same GP or that the intent is that these new GLs can be beaten almost as easily by previous GLs as the new GLs can beat the previous set?
    Ie. should we not expect a complete meta overhaul?

It seems the intent at this time is to have 4 GLs that would all make up teams that can win against each other.

Are you just speculating like any of us could based on that one statement or is this based on something additional?

Based on the statements we see and the general intent that has been discussed.

Also to add, making their statement based on the GP of a character is completely out of left field and is nothing they have ever stated. It's people looking for a reason to IDK, but it doesnt make any sense.

I would be very surprised if the new GL aren't able to dominate the top of the meta. It would not provide the ROI that people expect for their investments.

???

If you buy the same car in 2 different colors (which cost the same) you wouldnt expect to get the same performance and ROI from each of then?
    This is end game stuff here, players with no GL will have a tough time competing in things, players with 1 have some areas they can compete in easier, then players with 2 and 3 and then 4, it gets easier and more options and more game modes where you can/are performing better.

This is much deeper than a simple meta change, at this point. They seem to have a different theory behind them right now.

I always expect the newest thing to dominate. Heavy spenders already have both GL, if these new ones are only on equal footing, why would they spend for them too?

i have to agree here besides the fact that heavy spenders have both gls
    it was also possible to get both without spending
    mostly a choice between 2. gl and jkl
    i guess having both gls AND jkl is pretty hard without spending
    and going for rey first the requirements for slkr vary big times from jkl requirements
    so depending on what hsr gave you its either the 2. gl or jkl while jkl saved you more ressources for the upcoming gls (if he isnt required anyways)

but i also see no reason why cg actually would want 4 equally strong gls (couldnt even balance 2) and basically the same meta for way longer than ever before
  • and to add more gls with kinda zero content for over 8 months to use them at is a strange timing aswell
    i doubt they change galactic challenges rewards in a way that it actually helps progress most of the players
    because all the gear they give in any mode is factored into requirements
    i would assume even the covid events were not technically "for free" compared to what was needed for events after that
    so whatever we got there extra was most likely in the calculation for following events
    i for sure can be wrong there but well its not like we get a different picture
  • Anyone else concerned they may use those sith and jedi titles that u get from the quests at some point as a requirement. I mean, that would be crazy, right?

Right?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    baked_qft wrote: »
    Anyone else concerned they may use those sith and jedi titles that u get from the quests at some point as a requirement. I mean, that would be crazy, right?

Right?

Yes that's crazy, pretty sure they stated when they were introduced that they are just for us, and will not be a requirement or anything like that.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Anyone else concerned they may use those sith and jedi titles that u get from the quests at some point as a requirement. I mean, that would be crazy, right?

Right?
    what is the basis behind this theory?
  • Ultra wrote: »

Absolutely nothing.

Maybe alcohol.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Absolutely nothing.

Maybe alcohol.

you're on to something here

Absolutely nothing.

Maybe alcohol.

you're on to something here

Perhaps a bender.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • PhatPat84 wrote: »
    Correct no GL will be required to get a GL.

No offence mate,but you don't work for CG. So what you say means nothing.
    Come to think of it,even if you did it wouldn't change much.
    I recall them saying that not all character
    requirements will be relic level for the last GLs.
    They also said they have a zero tolerance policy with cheaters.
    Shall I go on..........

Nail. Head. Whack.
    c59zmcxbd926.png

Of course he doesn’t. They don’t play it at all
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    c59zmcxbd926.png

Crumb literally does.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    c59zmcxbd926.png

Crumb literally does.

Sure. I am so believe it! Probably then he’d knew the rewards sucks for GC even for stimulations... for now he is like granny, who gave you 1 bucks with the advice not to spend it al at once...
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I only have two suggestions for CG:

1) No tickets
    2) Touch-up weaker toons that will be required for either GL
  • Kingly
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm just happy with my Sith and Empire all set for new Palp. Can't wait!

i just checked ur inventory you don;t have admiral piett LOL so i don't think you are ready for sith eternal emperor i also want him so bad but i spent enough i can't even afford him unless CG were proper nice and give decent rewards but yeah i would like to try him.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    c59zmcxbd926.png

Crumb literally does.

Sure. I am so believe it! Probably then he’d knew the rewards sucks for GC even for stimulations... for now he is like granny, who gave you 1 bucks with the advice not to spend it al at once...

Don’t complain about this now. Complain once the testing is done. They said they are going to change the rewards.
  • There has been a lot of talk about potential requirements for GL Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and GL Eternal Sith Emperor Palpatine. Much in the same vein as the thread that asked to confirm that the previous two GLs will not be required to unlock the new ones, I think it would be likewise beneficial to the community to confirm that JKL will not be required for either one.

There are already more required characters needed for both toons than the previous GLs and several aren’t even farmable yet. The requirements can be made very steep without adding in JKL, but they would be excessive with him I think (and I believe it would be disingenuous given the previous statement that requirements would be similar to the older GLs). I really want the new Luke, but if JKL is a requirement, I’m not even going to try for a long time.

@Kyno If you could pass this along, I’d appreciate it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Papa_Palpy

This has already been asked and no response has come. It appears we will have to wait and see when all of the the requirements are released to see if hes on the list.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I don’t see why Crumb should play the game of process of elimination

Ruins the fun of guessing
  • Oh I’m sorry. I hadn’t seen it posted elsewhere. I just don’t want to end up starting to farm right now only to find in 3 weeks I can’t get Luke for another year at least anyways. I’ll take steep requirements, but JKL is just a back breaker with Hoda, Wampa, and ROLO. And having all that as only 1 requirement for a GL? I’d have no reason not to just switch gears to Rey or Kylo
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Papa_Palpy wrote: »
    Oh I’m sorry. I hadn’t seen it posted elsewhere. I just don’t want to end up starting to farm right now only to find in 3 weeks I can’t get Luke for another year at least anyways. I’ll take steep requirements, but JKL is just a back breaker with Hoda, Wampa, and ROLO. And having all that as only 1 requirement for a GL? I’d have no reason not to just switch gears to Rey or Kylo

Yes, but as we see, there is already some cross over with C3PO. If he is required I would bet there will be more cross over like that. But at this point everyone is just guessing.
  • Let's not forget ig88 as employee of the month. Baby Yoda in september, required to unlock Hermit Luke in october.

"They will tear each other into pieces, Jesus **** it will be fun" (King George)