So when does this game gets interesting?

Nighteg
12 posts Member
edited September 2022
Hello.
I'm playing for about 4 months. At first it was great, when a bunch of places would open up almost every day. Until i realized that it's all basically the same thing (with the exception of ships, which suck, but in a different way). I remember someone told me that the game really begins at lvl 85.

Finally reached 85, and championships opened to me.
Started my first:
Phase 1: need to put 2 teams on defense. I have 1 decent Jedi team, and 1 mediocre (Jedi's i no longer use, like Mace). Putting them both on defense leaves me no one to attack with. So waiting 24 hours.
FASCINATING EVENT.
Phase 2: same thing. Another 24 wait. Same with Phase 3.
3 day event where i do NOTHING.

So besides login in in the morning, doing your daily in 10 minutes, login in 3 more times to collect energy, what's there to do in this game? I must be missing something!

p.s. sorry for the long rant, just trying to understand what i'm overlooking..
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The fun part of championships is when you actually PLAY the event and try to win rounds (and complete feats).

What's your guild like? What's level of activity? Are you pushing for more stars in TB? For wins in TW? To get hSTR on farm?
  • Waqui wrote: »
    The fun part of championships is when you actually PLAY the event and try to win rounds (and complete feats).

Well i can't play it if i have no one to play with, right? Or i shouldn't leave anyone on defense? I can't do both.
    Waqui wrote: »
    What's your guild like? What's level of activity? Are you pushing for more stars in TB? For wins in TW? To get hSTR on farm?

How do you define level of activity? Minimum chatter, a raid every once in a while (never seen all 3 on).
    Pretty sure the answer is yes, but I'm not even sure about the difference between TB and TW. And i have no clue what hSTR means.

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You are level 85 and only have ten toons?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Can you post your swgoh.gg account? Or your ally code? I'm sure someone can help with GAC once we can see your roster.
  • Need to build up your roster.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    “Nothing?” You should try attacking!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Well obviously you need more teams. Until then, put one team on D and keep one for O. Place a garbage team in your second D slot, you must have a few undeveloped characters to waste. Your opponents will be facing the same problems.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nighteg wrote: »

Well i can't play it if i have no one to play with, right? Or i shouldn't leave anyone on defense? I can't do both.

How do you define level of activity? Minimum chatter, a raid every once in a while (never seen all 3 on).
    Pretty sure the answer is yes, but I'm not even sure about the difference between TB and TW. And i have no clue what hSTR means.

Well, you have your problems right there.

• Nighteg wrote: »

For GAC, you need to be able to save teams for offense for it to be fun, and now that you’ve reached lvl 85, you should be able to upgrade characters quicker and easier.

A decent guild will have all heroic raids running quite frequently. TB is territory battle, your guild is probably doing Hoth. Geo TB gives better rewards but is mush more difficult. TB is weeklong fight against AI, and the more stars you get the better the rewards. TW is a battle vs another guild that lasts just a few days. Higher powered guilds get more rewards, and the winner gets more than the loser. HSTR is the heroic tier of the sith raid where you can get raid exclusive gear and shards for Darth Traya.
  • It sounds like you need to upgrade to a more active guild.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nighteg wrote: »

an active guild IMO has close to 50 members, they pay attention to everyone getting their 600 daily for raid tickets, and that about it, to keep an "active guild".

with that scenario you should be raiding:
    Rancor raid - 2-3 times a week
    Tank raid - 1-2 times a week
    Sith Raid - 1-2 times a week

all dependent on what tier and how long it takes your guild to take it down.

TB - Territory battle - a 6 phase (4 phase on the newer, higher level ones) - each phase is 1 day (36 hours on the newer ones) and you have 1-3 zones you need to fill platoons in and do battles (1-3 per zone) - more active guilds will have an officer helping keep things organized and on a pace that gives a little time to maximize stars gained.

TW - Territory War - this is a guild vs guild activity. 3 day event (sign up, defense, attack), each guild will set a defense and you will attack on the following day trying to score as many points as possible.

hSTR - Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid - this is a commonly used short hand for the raid (STR), h is commonly put in front of the short hand of all raids to denote the final tier, Heroic.

as someone asked already, you only have 10 toons after the period of time you have been playing?, if you are daily active you should have more than that. you may want to check for some guides or ask for farming advice.
  • Are you doing your GW and 5 SA attempts a day? That can be up 17 matches a day.

Are you doing all your daily challenges and events?

Also, as others said, look for a better guild. You should be participating in 2-4 raids a week plus regular TB and TW’s. That will totally enrich your game. The extra credits, guild tokens, and gear really helps.

Are you building a certain squad or faction? Most of your daily activities and guild activities should be based around farming shards and gear for the team your building. Having a decent 7* and highly geared team(s) will help you get better rewards in GW and SA. Plus will help your guild and your GWC.

Hope that helps.
  • Have you unlocked ships? Ani's ETA-2 is where it starts, or at least if the legends are true...
    1m8h64.jpg
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    the real fun is the friends we made along the way

no really, the best part of the game is the community, find an active guild and join some swgoh discord servers, its fun to hang out in those while you wait for something to happen in the game (such as Territory Battles, Territory Wars, Raids)

Work on your teams to score as high as you can in the three raids, get better in arena
This discussion has been closed.