Jedi Luke Skywalker still not pictured in Journey Guide

2Next

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Kisakee wrote: »
    So what exactly is the problem with him not being added yet? I get it that it could be annoying to look somewhere else for the requirements but other than that what would it add up?

Because its bad customer support to release an event while journey guide is a thing and not remember as the developer to add it to that. It should be a step to gain approval to release and proves quality control isnt a real big thing at CG.

Add to that.... they just added two characters to the journey guide. Was it too hard to make that the update you fix the JKL not being there?

Might be just me, but i find that lack of planning on a game that makes this kind of money to be a bad thing
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    So what exactly is the problem with him not being added yet? I get it that it could be annoying to look somewhere else for the requirements but other than that what would it add up?

Because its bad customer support to release an event while journey guide is a thing and not remember as the developer to add it to that. It should be a step to gain approval to release and proves quality control isnt a real big thing at CG.

Add to that.... they just added two characters to the journey guide. Was it too hard to make that the update you fix the JKL not being there?

Might be just me, but i find that lack of planning on a game that makes this kind of money to be a bad thing

So it won't add anything but comfort and you guys would have one thing less to complain about. I'm not surprised fixing this bug(?) is not very high on their list. Don't get me wrong, it's still an issue but nothing i personally would ever care about that much.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

yes, this is literally the only complaint. and that people think "it should have been done, even though it doesn't matter, at all"
    Wow so profound.
    d9dmzwc-8e105b07-6136-4308-ad2a-d9dea298bb50.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOGJmZThlNDEtMTQ2ZC00NzY0LWJjOGQtMWMyYzM1NTMxOTMwXC9kOWRtendjLThlMTA1YjA3LTYxMzYtNDMwOC1hZDJhLWQ5ZGVhMjk4YmI1MC5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.h3HaGBHuaR9UMvPdFynbaOl2mnyeu4c_5I5wcCe4otw
    But for the short time you are here, the things you care about matter to you. This subject matters as much as any of the other pointless SWGOH subjects. It matters because ALL of the other characters that require a special event to obtain are in the Journey Guide. Why not Jedi Luke? Should be there and they JUST DID a JG update and again did not care enough to put him in there. Perception matters.

well...yeah. I mean, I think everything should be in there. the more info in-game the better. it's just that big in the big scheme of things
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »

yes, this is literally the only complaint. and that people think "it should have been done, even though it doesn't matter, at all"

It is simply called finition and professionalism. We, as players and spenders, have the right to ask a multimillion dollars company to polish their game. Not just always only add the next wallet opener over and over and over.

It used to be called QoL updates. But as too many players say they dont care and CG can do whatever they want, they just dont care anymore about that too.
  • Kisakee wrote: »

It would add comfort. You check your roster, check the requirements, check your roster again to see how far you are. That's infinitely more comfortable than check your roster, exit the app, go to the forum, search the thread, exit the internet browser, wait until the app loads again, go to your roster. It's also more comfortable than "stop reading the newspaper with our other device because I need both devices to play a game", for example.
    Now my question: what's the problem with adding it when it is not playable? Would that hurt the game or other players?

Exit the app ? Just switch between apps unless your playing on a etch a sketch.
    Or you could just remember the requirements needed for him don't think the list is too long .
    Screenshot the page and save it or make a poster and place it on your wall .

There is no problem to adding it when it's not playable as far as I can see .
    And there is no problem not adding it yet as it's not playable , so wether it's in the JG or not, you ain't playing it .
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

So it won't add anything but comfort and you guys would have one thing less to complain about. I'm not surprised fixing this bug(?) is not very high on their list. Don't get me wrong, it's still an issue but nothing i personally would ever care about that much.

Lets play devils advocate. What does it take away to add it.

Journey Guide is supposed to be where all event characters are listed regardless of if you can play the event right now or not.

It was designed to be an in game user friendly way to plan.

Jedi Luke event felt very rushed, 3 day prep time and lack of being in the Journey Guide do not help to change that preception.

CG said theyd fix in a future update. Weve had 3 i can recall since that time.... and now we have a direct update to Journey Guide yet they still missed this?

So I ask... why?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Treeburner wrote: »

It would add comfort. You check your roster, check the requirements, check your roster again to see how far you are. That's infinitely more comfortable than check your roster, exit the app, go to the forum, search the thread, exit the internet browser, wait until the app loads again, go to your roster. It's also more comfortable than "stop reading the newspaper with our other device because I need both devices to play a game", for example.
    Now my question: what's the problem with adding it when it is not playable? Would that hurt the game or other players?

Exit the app ? Just switch between apps unless your playing on a etch a sketch.
    Or you could just remember the requirements needed for him don't think the list is too long .
    Screenshot the page and save it or make a poster and place it on your wall .

There is no problem to adding it when it's not playable as far as I can see .
    And there is no problem not adding it yet as it's not playable , so wether it's in the JG or not, you ain't playing it .

Why should i have to?

Btw, i know the requirements. I dont need to go search them. That doesnt mean they shouldnt have done this at character launch.

What i want is a multimillion dollar company to remember to add new character events to journey guide at launch... which was the point
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Shaggy you beat me to it. It's their game, they set the precedent with anakin, also their oops and continue oops. I don't make a million dollars on star wars, if it did it blow your green sea cow milk right outcha nose. Perception is key. Everyone acts like being a whale is some kind of status right. Look man I'm a customer, you are courting my business. Maybe for 5 bucks maybe for 100. But you can leave a button on everyone's main page suggesting they pay more than a triple a title for a jump pack, but I'm not supposed to want a highly polished item that doesn't have stupidly lazy oversights? Na man. Do better if you want more monies. Why make a million when you can make a billion?
  • Any idea when he's coming back?
  • ne_alenska
    120 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    g207pvvgq78d.jpg
    I am stupid.
    I spent a lot to gear up the require character, yes a lot...but still can't catch up before the event finished.
    Now EA not bring back Luke event? What? Next year?
    Sorry, then I will never pay for any new character again. NEVER.
  • Where does it says that it wouldn’t return until next year?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    And this is how it works for every new event other than GLs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ne_alenska wrote: »
    g207pvvgq78d.jpg
    I am stupid.
    I spent a lot to gear up the require character, yes a lot...but still can't catch up before the event finished.

Why would you pay and only unlock part of him?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ne_alenska wrote: »
    g207pvvgq78d.jpg
    I am stupid.

No hes likely on the 3 to 4 month plan all journey characters where originally on.

He will not be farmable from the journey guide section until a year from his release. Meaning hes not farmable any time you want regardless of schedule until 1 year has past.

During that 1st year he should appear once every qaurter or atleast 3 times.