F2P GL Progress - 2nd Batch

Prev1345678
cont. from https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/227068/f2p-gl-progress/p1

For the first batch I got rey pretty early. Then decided to chase JKLS and finished the demands about 20 days ago, been hoarding since. I also did g11in all new good toons like mon and chewpio.

The new batch announcement hit while I was on holiday and it certainly surprised me because of the timing. I'm mostly positive towards it though. I will be doing this round reverse of the first round. I'll keep hoarding till eternity until I satisfy all needs on swgoh.gg. I'll prolly be doing the plug&play toons in both batches though (without expecting to chase that gl, simply cuz the toon is good).

I'll farm shards for all new toons. AND will make my decision after the gls are out and well tested. I doubt I can be ready if I start putting on stuff right now anyway. At this time this seems like the optimal choice for most f2p. The crazy tweakery that happened after the Rey/Kylo release left a sour taste for me.

Replies

• 2/14 for both so far.

Will laser focus only on GL requirements for the next few months.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    JML

C3PO - r2
    JTR - r7
    Old Ben - r0
    3PC - g11 (0/30)
    Mon Mothma - g8 (0/30)

I pushed old Ben to g13 after the prereq news dropped and I’m going all in on JML regardless of how his kit turns out

The two new marquees are currently my biggest blocker but as new prereqs are revealed, I’m sure I’ll have plenty of time to farm them while I work on the gear for the remaining 10 toons
  • Vader r5
    Palp r3
    RG g9 6*
    Piett g8 3*
    And I don’t have the krennic unlocked yet :(
  • I detailed my quest for GL Rey. I didn't actively start to gear up her requirements until she was released as I had other priorities. Now I've got GL Rey and am finishing up JKL requirements.

I've got all JKLS requirements up to relic 2-5 except ROLO and Captain Han. ROLO needs 4 pieces for g13, CHS only needs the g12 finisher.

So I'm expecting to be done in less than a week.

At that point I'd love to start gearing up for the next GL, but my guild has made a decision to prioritize Ki Adi Mundi.
    I'm actually disappointed in that decision, but I'm committed to my guild, so I'll need to put some work into clones and Shaak Ti. Not sure how long that will take, since we're talking about getting them up to high relics. I won't be ready in 2 weeks for next LS Geo, I don't think. Rather, I think I'll be able to boost my GP up enough to qualify for the mission, but won't be ready with the high relics needed to succeed. So I'll enter it and see what it's like. The LS Geo after that, that starts in 6-7 weeks will be the first I expect to win. Sometime between 2 weeks from now and 6 weeks from now I'll be making my decision to go for my next GL.

So I'll be at least 4 weeks behind, maybe 5 or 6. (And that's not even counting that I only have Rey and not SLKR). But after that, I'll be back on board with full effort on the next GL.

As for which I'll choose? It has to be a GL that will allow me to solo HSTR. I lose too much gear not soloing that raid. I'd love for that to be JMLS, but we'll see.

The good thing, if you want to call it that, is that there are multiple toons to farm so I can stockpile some gear while farming toons and put off making a final decision until I know for sure how the new toons will play out. I might still go for SLKR if that's the only toon that will let me solo HSTR.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    wu6scbpfc71l.jpeg
  • Nice!
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Only one so far, Emperor at R7.

I doubt I will start working on the next GL until I’ve completed the following:

Getting GAS. Just the final 5 toons for T4
    Gearing up and relicing GG (only G11, no zetas) to go with the GAS T4 Droids. Perhaps at the same time relicing Nute Gunray and Dooku for DS Geos TB.
    75 shards from 7* Malak, then gear him up to R7 and maybe finish off relicing the DR team.
    Get Shaak Ti to relic levels along with the Clones.
    Gearing up GAS while waiting for GET Tokens to roll in.
    Gearing up the majority of toons to get JKL.
    Gearing up JKL and some Jedi to go with him.

And I still haven’t unlocked GG or GK’s capital ship along with the Raddus.

And then I’ll make a decision on which one of the three GLs to go for. I have SLKR already with his ultimate ability unlocked. My resistance roster requires a lot of farming for shards (Holdo, Rose, and the two resistance heroes.) So with that, I may find out which GL is worthwhile to do.
  • If JKL isn’t required, I’m hoping to be ready for emperor as soon as I’m done getting Piett to 7*.

I’m not sure, though, how any f2p player can get one of the first GLs, JKL, and be ready early for these GLs. I’m now getting first in both arenas, and almost haven’t spent any gear since getting SLKR. I think I’ll be cutting it close to get this GL on time.
  • @Scuttlebutt
    I think I’ll be cutting it close to get this GL on time.

What constitutes "on time"?

I'm now very, very confident that I'll get JKLS on the next pass, only the 2nd available opportunity - is that "late"?

When I got my GL Rey, I was the 20th person on my shard to have a GalLegend. Is that "late"? There are, after all, thousands of people on any one Arena shard.

I would think if you get a GL in the first week of release, you've gotten it "early". "On time" is harder to judge, but if you get it soon enough that your Arena position never falls far b/c of others getting a GL and then improves (rather than just getting back to your starting place) after unlocking your GL, wouldn't that be "on time"? I mean, in that case you're not getting it later than your peers and you've never lost position b/c of your GL pursuit...

By that measure, I climbed in Arena just before I started my GL quest. Over time I fell a few spots in my average Arena rank, to the point I was barely holding in the top 50... but since my best Arena rank ever was in the low 30s, holding in the top 50 meant my average spot had only fallen 8-10 spaces and my payout contained exactly the same rewards... then my GL hits and my new best rank is #11 and I'm finishing in the top 20 a lot of times, but not always - a ton of folks had ultimates on their GLs when I just got mine unlocked (I seem to be at the front of a 2nd wave - lots of new unlocks in the couple weeks after mine, but the old unlocks, the top 15 or so, are all Ultimates).

So I didn't take so long that my Arena best with GL is worse than it was before. In fact, it's a great deal better, and promises to be even better than that once I can add JKLS.

So I'm really wondering exactly what you mean by "on time" and whether you would count my experience - getting it soon enough to improve position rather than merely maintaining it - "early", "on time" or "late".
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    JML

C3PO - r2
    JTR - r7
    Old Ben - r0
    3PC - g11 (0/30)
    Mon Mothma - g8 (0/30)

I pushed old Ben to g13 after the prereq news dropped and I’m going all in on JML regardless of how his kit turns out

The two new marquees are currently my biggest blocker but as new prereqs are revealed, I’m sure I’ll have plenty of time to farm them while I work on the gear for the remaining 10 toons

shall we already start with the #buffJML posts?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • @Scuttlebutt

I'm now very, very confident that I'll get JKLS on the next pass, only the 2nd available opportunity - is that "late"?

When I got my GL Rey, I was the 20th person on my shard to have a GalLegend. Is that "late"? There are, after all, thousands of people on any one Arena shard.

I would think if you get a GL in the first week of release, you've gotten it "early". "On time" is harder to judge, but if you get it soon enough that your Arena position never falls far b/c of others getting a GL and then improves (rather than just getting back to your starting place) after unlocking your GL, wouldn't that be "on time"? I mean, in that case you're not getting it later than your peers and you've never lost position b/c of your GL pursuit...

By that measure, I climbed in Arena just before I started my GL quest. Over time I fell a few spots in my average Arena rank, to the point I was barely holding in the top 50... but since my best Arena rank ever was in the low 30s, holding in the top 50 meant my average spot had only fallen 8-10 spaces and my payout contained exactly the same rewards... then my GL hits and my new best rank is #11 and I'm finishing in the top 20 a lot of times, but not always - a ton of folks had ultimates on their GLs when I just got mine unlocked (I seem to be at the front of a 2nd wave - lots of new unlocks in the couple weeks after mine, but the old unlocks, the top 15 or so, are all Ultimates).

So I didn't take so long that my Arena best with GL is worse than it was before. In fact, it's a great deal better, and promises to be even better than that once I can add JKLS.

So I'm really wondering exactly what you mean by "on time" and whether you would count my experience - getting it soon enough to improve position rather than merely maintaining it - "early", "on time" or "late".

Start earning tickets shortly after I get piett to 7*.
  • Test
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    3/15 on JML, and 2/15 on SEE at the announcement. Both Rey and SLKR are ultimate already, and ready for JKL return. 0$ spending f2p here.

Somehow my comment ended up on the other thread first. :)
  • @Scuttlebutt

Start earning tickets shortly after I get piett to 7*.

So you’ve already done all other 14 requirements?

• @khdelboy

Since they're saying that they want to get SLKR on time, I take that to mean that on their schedule they want to finish all their gearing for all the other toons fast enough that gear doesn't hold them back any longer than Piett's farm is going to.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited September 2020

Even though I don't want to lock in on one of the new gls too early, it's becoming evident which I should go for

9vqsst32i5py.png
    kyh6zggfu9q2.png
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    3/15 on JML, and 2/15 on SEE at the announcement. Both Rey and SLKR are ultimate already, and ready for JKL return. 0$ spending f2p here.

F2P with both GLs and JKL?

07e.gif
  • sloweagle wrote: »

F2P with both GLs and JKL?

07e.gif

He's the highest gp f2p that I know of, this has been the case for years, just got past 7m.
  • I can vouch for sloweagle too.

I also have both GL and JKL too but not at 7M myself. Only 6.3M GP here
  • I only have 1 GL, but I have Jedi Luke. SLKR and KAM are the only toons in the game I haven't unlocked.

I've been FtP almost my whole career - I got an iTunes gift card, didn't have anything else to spend it on & dropped it on SWGOH crystals in the first month or two of playing. It was $20 or $25 bucks, not a lot in the grand scheme...

And then I took 6 months off before the game was a year old. The crystals and progress I lost during those 6 months were far more meaningful than a one-time $25 crystal purchase.

And, yes, I've been playing pretty much every day (I'm not outdoorsy, so it's not like I go camping or other places with no cell service), but still. I started in Jan 2016, 2 months after the early adopters, plus had a 6 month break.

If I can have 1 GL + JKLS by now, it's possible for a truly exceptional FtP player to have both GLs.

Now, I hate the idea that just because one FtP player has accomplished something that it's reasonable to say that anyone could have done the same, but just in terms of answering the question, "Is it technically possible for an FtP player to achieve this?", I've gotta say yes. Certainly I'll have a second GL before I make up the 6 months I missed.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I can vouch for sloweagle too.

Same here
  • Definitely, the 6 months you missed would get you not only SLKR, but also a good way on the road to JML or SEE.

I didn’t even use any free gift card I got, or redeeming google points etc. It is kinda fun to just maintain a $0 spending level, it is like a personal quest, and it can keep me going without retiring. When one use credit card, it might be more likely to be frustrated when a purchase didn’t turn out as good as expected.
    I only have 1 GL, but I have Jedi Luke. SLKR and KAM are the only toons in the game I haven't unlocked.

I've been FtP almost my whole career - I got an iTunes gift card, didn't have anything else to spend it on & dropped it on SWGOH crystals in the first month or two of playing. It was $20 or $25 bucks, not a lot in the grand scheme...

And then I took 6 months off before the game was a year old. The crystals and progress I lost during those 6 months were far more meaningful than a one-time $25 crystal purchase.

And, yes, I've been playing pretty much every day (I'm not outdoorsy, so it's not like I go camping or other places with no cell service), but still. I started in Jan 2016, 2 months after the early adopters, plus had a 6 month break.

If I can have 1 GL + JKLS by now, it's possible for a truly exceptional FtP player to have both GLs.

Now, I hate the idea that just because one FtP player has accomplished something that it's reasonable to say that anyone could have done the same, but just in terms of answering the question, "Is it technically possible for an FtP player to achieve this?", I've gotta say yes. Certainly I'll have a second GL before I make up the 6 months I missed.

• I can vouch for sloweagle too.

You must be killing it in GAC, John. I am still hurt by matchmaking because my quest to be highest GP possible in the past.

• These 2 seem like the more interesting of the gl’s..... but I still think old Luke was a weird choice because he really was nothing but a grumpy old man in the movies.

I haven’t unlocked Rey or Kylo because I lost interest in them. I’m leaning towards old Luke, but if maul gets a rework I could be persuaded.
  • rllz92jje90s.jpg
    lqyke2rq9wtw.jpg

4mil GP F2P here, I never bothered trying to get rey or kylo because they didn't interest me at all, but I'll probably go after palpatine once I get GAS.

This is mainly because I've never even unlocked wampa because I didn't see the need, so JKL is a long way off to begin with.

I'll farm shards for tie bomber and piett when he's available and work my way there eventually.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Just wrapping up SLKR unlock and G13/R7 at hopefully the same time.

My roster is clearly telling me something about the next batch though:

fqkbiwn1oo4n.png

ebc5josq69a8.png

EDIT - Hermit Yoda and Wampa are both 7* and G11+4, G12+5 respectively. Only thing missing for JKL is G13 on those two plus Vader (2 pieces), Lando G10, ROLO G8, CHS not activated.
  • 3/10 done so far. Need to finish g13 on JKL, Old Ben, JTR, and the new toons. R2 and Han are r5. Not too far off compared to last pair of GLs, which I didn’t go for at all because the sequel trilogy didn’t interest me at all. Luke is Luke though, in spite of Ruin Johnson making him a hopeless old man

Been around since maybe a year after the game launched and took a one year break somewhere in there. We F2P just have to be more strategic with resources, and/or have been around a long time.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    These 2 seem like the more interesting of the gl’s..... but I still think old Luke was a weird choice because he really was nothing but a grumpy old man in the movies.

Grumpy is the GL of the Dwarfs. Grumpy Cat is the GL of the cats. Therefore, Grumpy Luke is the GL of the Lukes.

I have spoken.

• Grumpy Luke is the GL

Heck, it's right there in the name!
  • Vader r5
    Palp r4
    Director krennic g11+5 7*
    Piet g10+5 4*
    Royal guard g8+5 7*

Maul g10+4 7*
    Sidious g12+4
    Dooku r4
    Sith marauder g8+5 7*